Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sam Harris. Right or wrong?

(Read 19589 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Sam Harris. Right or wrong?
     Reply #90 - January 05, 2009, 04:44 PM

I said THE Inquisition did not exist - there were several, in fact - many.

Well that can easily be misread as if to say there were no inquisitions. As your original post did not qualify.

So my previous post is based on that understanding.

yah, well - if you don?t get beyond a certain level of literacy... or bother to read further (since any doubts were cleared up in my next post, long before you replied).  Roll Eyes

Apologies that I'm not at your level of literacy.

However your excuse of a post to to imply that the inquisitions by the church were not as horrendous as made out to be in history fails miserably.

Your link to the later reformed inquisition does not negate the former Papal inquitisions known as the Medieval Inquisitions.

The later reformed inquisitions took control away from the church, who were the ones persecuting heretics, and gave it to the Monarch.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #91 - January 05, 2009, 04:54 PM

In which case your discussion is with someone else.

My initial statement which was regarding Christian teaching regarding the value of all human life and you claimed this to be untrue.  Given that you have failed to provide any evidence that Christian teaching is not that all human life is valuable you have not demonstrated your claim.

The fact that you attempted to support your claim with a quote from the bible shows that your backtracking now is just that.

Christianity is as Christianity teaches - whether you think so or not.

Cheers,
    sparky

Get real.
    There are interminable ways to sound impressive to yourself, and even a few that may impress others.
    Do you think you have managed either?

Cheers.

So nothing else to say then.  I have no desire to impress you or anyone else.
     Reply #92 - January 05, 2009, 04:58 PM

Well that can easily be misread as if to say there were no inquisitions. As your original post did not qualify.

yah, well - if you don?t get beyond a certain level of literacy... or bother to read further (since any doubts were cleared up in my next post, long before you replied).  Roll Eyes

Apologies that I'm not at your level of literacy.

However your excuse of a post to to imply that the inquisitions by the church were not as horrendous as made out to be in history fails miserably.

Your link to the later reformed inquisition does not negate the former Papal inquitisions known as the Medieval Inquisitions.

The later reformed inquisitions took control away from the church, who were the ones persecuting heretics, and gave it to the Monarch.

apologies if your unsubstantiated hot air is a lot less than impressive... or convincing. No apologies for them failing miserably.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #93 - January 05, 2009, 08:27 PM

Dio, that was an unnecessarily snarky response.  TBH I'm inclined to give you a smite for this latest in the series, and don't accuse me of bias because we have been telling off others who are not of the faithy headed persuasion.

You have a habit of quickly resorting to such whenever someone comments on your religion. Please attempt to refrain. Your post could easily have been misinterpreted. Bear in mind that a lot of people here do not have English as a first language and may occasionally miss an allusion despite their general fluency.Thank you.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #94 - January 05, 2009, 08:33 PM

Os, his inability to read just one post further before making up things about what I said has nothing to do with any first or second language. I don?t think my "snarkiness" was out of proportion in the context of him (AND Blas) WILLFULLY misconstructing what I said. It does get frustrating, and quite independently of any connection to "my religion".
     Reply #95 - January 06, 2009, 09:36 AM

Os, his inability to read just one post further before making up things about what I said has nothing to do with any first or second language. I don?t think my "snarkiness" was out of proportion in the context of him (AND Blas) WILLFULLY misconstructing what I said. It does get frustrating, and quite independently of any connection to "my religion".

When I click 'quote'  to Blas' post, you had not yet responded with your clarification. So I had not seen that at the time.

After my post then I saw that you had qualified what you said earlier, and I posted again to acknowledge that.

I did not willfully misconstruct what you had said. It was unintentional.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #96 - January 06, 2009, 09:38 AM

When I click 'quote'  to Blas' post, you had not yet responded with your clarification. So I had not seen that at the time.

After my post then I saw that you had qualified what you said earlier, and I posted again to acknowledge that.

my clarification post was posted a full 11 minutes before your accusation... time enough to read it, no?
     Reply #97 - January 06, 2009, 09:47 AM

People often reply to things in the order that they are posted. Give it up. Tongue

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #98 - January 06, 2009, 09:48 AM

People often reply to things in the order that they are posted. Give it up. Tongue

sure, but I do think reading ONE post further is not too much to ask for, is it?

edit: but okay - I do give up. the posts speak for themselves, anyway.   cool2
     Reply #99 - January 06, 2009, 10:25 AM

my clarification post was posted a full 11 minutes before your accusation... time enough to read it, no?

That's because I'm at the office. Many times I reply to a post get caught up with work activity, or answer the phone, write a bit, then a bit more and then submit.

Admittedly the message came up that said since the post commenced other posts were made (or something to that effect), but I di not worry to check what had been posted in the mean time. That is why as soon as I saw your post I acknowledge it and responded accordingly.

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »