Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: If we managed to create a universe...

(Read 7218 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • If we managed to create a universe...
     OP - March 21, 2009, 01:33 PM

If one day in the future we developed our understanding of science to the point that we could create a universe with the laws we wanted. That universe needs to be able to support life so we can study it's evolution. We document all the stages of evolution and learn about the races. Soon one of the animals become intelligent enough for complex communication and their intelligence is increasing. Their morality however is screwed up, they force the weaker ones of the race to become slaves and treat them very badly. They need someone to do the hard work and this is their method.

We have mastered telepathy so we communicate to the life forms. We feel that we have a moral right to get them to behave more kindly towards other and this is what we do. There are too many beings to communicate to each separately so we only communicate to one. Nobody listens to this one person, instead we use religion to control them. It is the only way forward.

If our religion gets buggered up by them in the future, we could communicate and start again. Of course not every one will be convinced and that would create two competing religions. We need something to motivate them to follow the correct one so we implement the idea of hell and heaven.

Our idea of morality is no wiser than theirs but since we are advanced and have a lot of history we feel we know better and are therefore superior.

Are we now Gods?

• Re: If we managed to create a universe...
     Reply #1 - March 21, 2009, 02:00 PM

In this future world...are there advanced sex robots?

fuck you
     Reply #2 - March 21, 2009, 03:54 PM

Advanced sex robots already exist Tongue Unsurprisingly it was someone from Japan who made one for himself.
     Reply #3 - March 21, 2009, 04:24 PM

Are we now Gods?

Yes  dance

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #4 - March 21, 2009, 04:39 PM

Gods, as in Master of our destiny? No, we are still slaves to our biology & nature 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - March 21, 2009, 05:01 PM

Advanced sex robots already exist Tongue Unsurprisingly it was someone from Japan who made one for himself.

Where may I obtain one of these "sex-bots"? And a flying car, I want a flying car too. And a death-ray. Definitely need a death-ray.

fuck you
     Reply #6 - March 21, 2009, 10:34 PM

Where may I obtain one of these "sex-bots"?
    And a flying car, I want a flying car too. And a death-ray. Definitely need a death-ray.

Call Burbles. She's pretty close to a sex bot and she doesn't need batteries.  Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #7 - March 21, 2009, 10:46 PM

If one day in the future we developed our understanding of science to the point that we could create a universe with the laws we wanted. That universe needs to be able to support life so we can study it's evolution.

First question: why would we have to do that?

We document all the stages of evolution and learn about the races. Soon one of the animals become intelligent enough for complex communication and their intelligence is increasing. Their morality however is screwed up, they force the weaker ones of the race to become slaves and treat them very badly. They need someone to do the hard work and this is their method.

Second question: if we expect this universe to result in sentient life forms would it be ethical to create it to start with?

We have mastered telepathy so we communicate to the life forms. We feel that we have a moral right to get them to behave more kindly towards other and this is what we do. There are too many beings to communicate to each separately so we only communicate to one. Nobody listens to this one person, instead we use religion to control them. It is the only way forward.

We have now become totalitarian, and it started because of our curiosity. Interesting.

If our religion gets buggered up by them in the future, we could communicate and start again. Of course not every one will be convinced and that would create two competing religions. We need something to motivate them to follow the correct one so we implement the idea of hell and heaven.

Dishonest as well as totalitarian. Even better.

Our idea of morality is no wiser than theirs but since we are advanced and have a lot of history we feel we know better and are therefore superior.

Are we now Gods?

No. Definitely not, although some poor misguided fools would be silly enough to think we were.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - March 21, 2009, 11:35 PM

We document all the stages of evolution and learn about the races. Soon one of the animals become intelligent enough for complex communication and their intelligence is increasing. Their morality however is screwed up, they force the weaker ones of the race to become slaves and treat them very badly. They need someone to do the hard work and this is their method.[\quote]

Reminds me of Planet of the Apes, something that I had all but forgotten about.  Great series!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - March 22, 2009, 12:23 PM

Where may I obtain one of these "sex-bots"?
    And a flying car, I want a flying car too. And a death-ray. Definitely need a death-ray.

Call Burbles. She's pretty close to a sex bot and she doesn't need batteries.  Cheesy

What's a Burbles?

fuck you
     Reply #10 - March 22, 2009, 12:45 PM

What's a Burbles?

Berberella - she's one of the founders & moderators of this forum

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - March 22, 2009, 01:01 PM

What's a Burbles?

Berberella - she's one of the founders & moderators of this forum

Gotcha. Thanks.

fuck you
     Reply #12 - March 22, 2009, 09:14 PM

If one day in the future we developed our understanding of science to the point that we could create a universe with the laws we wanted. That universe needs to be able to support life so we can study it's evolution.

First question: why would we have to do that?

We document all the stages of evolution and learn about the races. Soon one of the animals become intelligent enough for complex communication and their intelligence is increasing. Their morality however is screwed up, they force the weaker ones of the race to become slaves and treat them very badly. They need someone to do the hard work and this is their method.

Second question: if we expect this universe to result in sentient life forms would it be ethical to create it to start with?

We have now become totalitarian, and it started because of our curiosity. Interesting.

Dishonest as well as totalitarian. Even better.

Are we now Gods?

No. Definitely not, although some poor misguided fools would be silly enough to think we were.

First question- Out of sheer curiosity, mankind constantly aims to understand and this would be one of the ultimate levels of understanding.

Second Q- Theists feel it was ok for God to create this universe. This is one of the points I'm addressing. I'd personally say it isn't ethical.

This situation has been revolving around my head for a while now. Obviously we are not perfect but our creation feels we are and would call us Gods. Many of us (especially theists) take for granted that God that is better than us and this somehow qualifies him to be our moral judge. This thread was created to show the story from the other side- God's. What if God is not any wiser? (If he exists anyway).
     Reply #13 - March 22, 2009, 09:15 PM

Gods, as in Master of our destiny? No, we are still slaves to our biology & nature 

What if God is too? Those creations do not know we are slaves to our biology, just like we don't really know much about God.
     Reply #14 - March 22, 2009, 09:21 PM

What if God is too? Those creations do not know we are slaves to our biology, just like we don't really know much about God.

Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - March 22, 2009, 09:24 PM

Quote from: osmanthus

Well, the poor misguided fool would like to thank you.  finmad

Yes, we would be Gods in the eyes of our creation in this scenario and that's all that matters. We wouldn't be very moral or upright Gods, but we would have absolute power over the poor critters, and this would elevate us to Godhood. 

That's not an altogether pleasant or moral feat, though.

bunny

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #16 - March 22, 2009, 09:30 PM

Huh?

I'm trying to make the point that if there is a God, he may be a slave to his own nature too. He isn't really the master of anyones destiny. He just lied.
     Reply #17 - March 22, 2009, 11:46 PM

I'm trying to make the point that if there is a God, he may be a slave to his own nature too. He isn't really the master of anyones destiny. He just lied.

I think the possibilities are endless.  However even taking this premise,  I still just cant get my head around whether "God" would try so hard to make his presence a secret.  Hence such theories dont really wash with me, and others are more convincing..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - March 23, 2009, 12:28 AM

He mad a sex robot sure, but was it an advanced sex robot?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #19 - March 23, 2009, 09:36 AM

No matter how advanced, fail to see how it is possible to get satisfied by a man-made robot?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - March 23, 2009, 10:17 AM

It's more advanced then any other sex-robot, so technically yes Tongue
     Reply #21 - March 23, 2009, 08:55 PM

No matter how advanced, fail to see how it is possible to get satisfied by a man-made robot?

I hear you bro, we need the woman-made robot. The woman-made robot has so much more to offer that I can not understand why would any man be interested in a man-made robot.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #22 - March 23, 2009, 09:25 PM

I hear you bro, we need the woman-made robot. The woman-made robot has so much more to offer that I can not understand why would any man be interested in a man-made robot.

Why bother, when we have got the real thing in abundance?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - March 24, 2009, 11:31 AM

Why bother, when we have got the real thing in abundance?

There's more males than females in the world currently so it's not really in abundance Tongue
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »