Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Are there are scientific mistakes in the Quran?

(Read 5062 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Are there are scientific mistakes in the Quran?
     OP - December 24, 2008, 01:01 PM

I don't really know of any apart from the verse about the sun going to a resting place (but apparently that's a matter a of context). Just wondering if there are any real ones?
  • Re: Are there are scientific mistakes in the Quran?
     Reply #1 - December 24, 2008, 01:21 PM

Just to name a few .....

Birth conception

Flat earth and mountains are pegs that stabilize the earth

Sky is solid  Cheesy

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #2 - December 24, 2008, 01:26 PM

Every single one I've seen has been debunked.

The following videos are entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8A9DEeglXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZ0Q262XK0

A parody of the scientific miracles in the quran videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRrwS-jSG1U
     Reply #3 - December 24, 2008, 01:43 PM

Not checked out those vids yet but my favourites include the sperm being made between the ribs and spine and that meteors are missiles at the jinn.

My all time fave is ( although not necessarily a scientific inaccuracy , more of a miracle) the fact that allah turned Lut's wife into a pillar of salt. Muslims accept this to be true despite the huge molecular changes that would be required in an instant.

However most cannot fathom how evolution occurs despite that fact that small mutations happen over hundreds of millions of years- a much more plausible scenario.

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

-George Dennison Prentice
     Reply #4 - December 24, 2008, 01:58 PM

Not checked out those vids yet but my favourites include the sperm being made between the ribs and spine and that meteors are missiles at the jinn.

My all time fave is ( although not necessarily a scientific inaccuracy , more of a miracle) the fact that allah turned Lut's wife into a pillar of salt. Muslims accept this to be true despite the huge molecular changes that would be required in an instant.

However most cannot fathom how evolution occurs despite that fact that small mutations happen over hundreds of millions of years- a much more plausible scenario.

I remember starting a thread (somewhere) about Lot's wife before, only my beef was less the scientific unlikeliness, than it was the reason.....for looking back......at a town she grew up in and one that was full of people she might have cared for who were about to be destroyed in a rain of fire, who wouldn't turn around for a last look?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - December 24, 2008, 02:03 PM

I remember starting a thread (somewhere) about Lot's wife before, only my beef was less the scientific unlikeliness, than it was the reason.....for looking back......at a town she grew up in and one that was full of people she might have cared for who were about to be destroyed in a rain of fire, who wouldn't turn around for a last look?

but allah told them not to look back....like  durrr   Cheesy

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

Reply #6 - December 24, 2008, 02:06 PM

You expect God to be understanding about human nature? Huh?  You must think he created it or something. Tongue

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - December 24, 2008, 02:09 PM

Well see...........

You expect God to be understanding about human nature? Huh?  You must think he created it or something. Tongue

I was trying to get someone else to see that god (of this story) couldn't have created humans since he didn't understand their nature at all, as shown by this story amongst so many others.  Cheesy

Reply #8 - December 24, 2008, 02:21 PM

Well see...........

I was trying to get someone else to see that god (of this story) couldn't have created humans since he didn't understand their nature at all, as shown by this story amongst so many others.  Cheesy

But God can do anything remember :p:
     Reply #9 - December 24, 2008, 02:22 PM

Well see...........

I  agree, sometimes I wonder why i expend so much brainpower thinking about this crap.

Reply #10 - December 24, 2008, 02:27 PM

Every single one I've seen has been debunked.

The following videos are entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8A9DEeglXI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZ0Q262XK0

A parody of the scientific miracles in the quran videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRrwS-jSG1U

I like the 2nd and 3rd video. I cant stand Zakir Naik, he is so bloody annoying and ignorant. I find it astonishing that muslims can claim to be pro-science yet reject evolution for the tiniest gaps in the fossil record, there's other evidence too duh! Grrr!!! I've just spend the last two days debating a muslim about evolution, slowly debunking everything he said till the only argument left was 'there are gaps in the fossil record', which isn't really a problem for evolution. He's still denying it and reading books by creationist scientists.
     Reply #11 - December 24, 2008, 02:28 PM

No he can't give me the winning lottery numbers before the year is out, so I sumrise that he can not do everything.  Tongue

I  agree, sometimes I wonder why i expend so much brainpower thinking about this crap.

Because you have so much of it to expend in the first place? Narcissist

Reply #12 - December 24, 2008, 02:32 PM

No he can't give me the winning lottery numbers before the year is out, so I sumrise that he can not do everything.  Tongue

You cant test God Tongue
     Reply #13 - December 24, 2008, 02:37 PM

You cant test God Tongue

I can and I will aloofandbored0

"Oi god, what's 2+2?........what's that you say?  what's 2?"

Reply #14 - December 24, 2008, 03:21 PM

creationist scientists.

Oxymoron.   parrot

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #15 - December 24, 2008, 08:22 PM

creationist scientists.

Oxymoron.   parrot

Is that something like a burnt up moron?  Cheesy
     Reply #16 - December 25, 2008, 01:40 PM

A devoted cult member would/should never look back at the family that nurtured him.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »