Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Cock-Blocking the Talaaq

(Read 4906 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Cock-Blocking the Talaaq
     Reply #30 - March 02, 2013, 10:21 PM

Dumping someone while you're still fucking them is really pushing the limits of good taste.

Quote of the day.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
     Reply #31 - March 02, 2013, 10:42 PM

Well she's currently a woman staying in his house under his protection and care so the law considers him to have her as a concubine and it's okay.

The woman, on the other hand, is having sex outside of marriage and so much be stoned.
     Reply #32 - March 03, 2013, 07:46 AM

^ Not quite. 

@TDR
    I'm ex-Sunni. I'm pretty sure the iddah period is meant to serve as a time for reconciliation (among other things) so he can certainly take her back during that time. The wife has to live in his house during this period and they're still married so it can't be zina. 
     Reply #33 - March 09, 2013, 04:36 AM

^ Talaq (divorce) is basically when a man tells his wife "I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you" and bam she's divorced, and has 3 months to get her arse out. No explanation or grounds or paperwork needed. Some Islamic authorities have said "text message" talaqs are valid, as are drunken talaqs and I once read a case about a talaq uttered in sleep being upheld as valid, and the couple being forced to split. 

If a woman wants a divorce, it's not even called a divorce, and it's a whole fucking process I can't be bothered typing out… 

thats really sad... it happened to my cousin -a devoted wife, married to a devoted man living in canada - he divorced her by phone... and he took 'advantage' i believe of the islamic divorce system-  they way he did it was so bad that it caused almost a war between two families.... now her brothers  and her male relatives  are hunting for the husband, they want to kill him.  (serves him right if you ask me) let them kill him.

Her divorce has made her aware how little rights she has under this islam law.
     Reply #34 - March 09, 2013, 09:41 AM

I had a close relative who was married to some guy. Both nice people but I guess they used to fight alot and weren't really meant for each other. This happened about 10 years ago.

Eventually the guy uttered the word "talaaq" 3 times over a period of several arguments. Later on he said he didn't mean it and it simply just came out due to anger and frustration so they continued living together for a while. But when the family found out, they could'nt accept this and forced the two to split up.

I dont know what happened but the guy left the country and no ones heard from him ever since.
     Reply #35 - March 09, 2013, 11:27 PM

So it's basically like a counter and once you say it 3 times, regardless of when, you HAVE to divorce even if you don't want to?

Then again, a sleeping one was enforced...
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »