Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Nikah solemnised in police station

(Read 12909 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Nikah solemnised in police station
     OP - December 22, 2008, 05:52 PM

Nikah solemnised in police station
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Kalinga Times Correspondent
    Kendrapara, Dec 12: In a rare incident, an Indian Air Force employee who had allegedly ditched his lady love entered into marriage contract (Nikah) at Kendrapara police station on Friday.

The police station wore a festive look in the evening with a local Qazi solemnising the Nikah in the presence of senior police officers and relatives of the newly-wed.

The groom, Sabir Ahmed, an IAF staff, had developed intimacy with a girl from the same community in Bhadrak town.

The relation lasted for two years and later soured as the groom refused to marry the 20-year-old girl.

The parents of bride had lodged a complaint with the local police. Acting on the FIR, police detained Ahmed on Thursday night.

Sophia Seikh, chief functionary of Ashiyana, a Bhadrak-based NGO, stepped in to settle the discord and things were amicably settled and Nikah was solemnised.

?Our organisation has settled about 18 such disputes ending in marriage. But this is the first instance of solemnisation of Nikah in a police station,? Seikh described.

Congratulations for the newly-weds, glad everything worked out fine  Afro

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
  • Re: Nikah solemnised in police station
     Reply #1 - December 22, 2008, 05:53 PM

Not that I am impressed with his behaviour in the first place, but he has been pretty much forced into a marriage if I am reading it right?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - December 22, 2008, 06:01 PM

What a dick, his been owned, his was getting a <removed> and now he is forced to spend the rest of his life with one single woman... Geez, I know how he feel... Am pretty sure "I'm a pilot" chat-up line would get you bare executive <removed>. Once your married no more, messing around.

I suggest you refrain from using such language so freely, we may allow it, but there is a time and a place and this isn;t the thread for it.
     Reply #3 - December 22, 2008, 06:03 PM

Not that I am impressed with his behaviour in the first place, but he has been pretty much forced into a marriage if I am reading it right?

This may help impress you
    BHUBANESWAR: Marriages are made in heaven. But this one in Orissa was solemnised at a police station.

Sabir Ahmed, 25, an Indian Air Force man, on Friday married girlfriend Reshmi Roshan Nigar, 22, at Kendrapara police station, about 100 km from here, under the watchful eyes of superintendent of police Diptesh Patnaik.

Sources said Ahmed, who is now posted in Chandigarh, met Nigar in Bhadrak in 2005. They stayed in touch over the phone and soon fell in love. Nigar?s parents told Ahmed?s family about the relationship. But Ahmed?s parents did not approve of the relationship.

Ahmed snapped all ties with Nigar. Shattered, the Nigars sought the help of Ashiyana, a Bhadrak-based NGO working for the welfare of minority communities.

Ashiyana secretary Sophia Seikh stepped in to settle the discord. She first went to Chandigarh to settle the issue amicably. ?As we did not get any help from the Air Force, we came back and lodged a police complaint,? she said.

When Sabir came to his hometown, Kendrapara, for Bakri-Eid last week, cops took him to the police station. The girl?s family members were summoned to the police station. Ahmed then agreed to marry Nigar. The marriage was soleminsed at the police station. Before the nikaah, a pre-nuptial agreement was signed between the two families. ?The agreement states that if Nigar dies under unnatural circumstances, Ahmed?s family will be held responsible. Ahmed cannot divorce his wife,? Sophia said, adding that her NGO has settled about 18 such disputes. But for the first time, a marriage had been solemnised at a police station, she added.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #4 - December 22, 2008, 06:07 PM

The more deeper you look into Indian society the uglier it gets. The only good good things to come out of India is, Pakistan, Bollywood movies, and GOA trance.
     Reply #5 - December 22, 2008, 06:26 PM

This may help impress you
    BHUBANESWAR: Marriages are made in heaven. But this one in Orissa was solemnised at a police station.

Sabir Ahmed, 25, an Indian Air Force man, on Friday married girlfriend Reshmi Roshan Nigar, 22, at Kendrapara police station, about 100 km from here, under the watchful eyes of superintendent of police Diptesh Patnaik.

Sources said Ahmed, who is now posted in Chandigarh, met Nigar in Bhadrak in 2005. They stayed in touch over the phone and soon fell in love. Nigar?s parents told Ahmed?s family about the relationship. But Ahmed?s parents did not approve of the relationship.

Ahmed snapped all ties with Nigar. Shattered, the Nigars sought the help of Ashiyana, a Bhadrak-based NGO working for the welfare of minority communities.

Ashiyana secretary Sophia Seikh stepped in to settle the discord. She first went to Chandigarh to settle the issue amicably. ?As we did not get any help from the Air Force, we came back and lodged a police complaint,? she said.

When Sabir came to his hometown, Kendrapara, for Bakri-Eid last week, cops took him to the police station. The girl?s family members were summoned to the police station. Ahmed then agreed to marry Nigar. The marriage was soleminsed at the police station. Before the nikaah, a pre-nuptial agreement was signed between the two families. ?The agreement states that if Nigar dies under unnatural circumstances, Ahmed?s family will be held responsible. Ahmed cannot divorce his wife,? Sophia said, adding that her NGO has settled about 18 such disputes. But for the first time, a marriage had been solemnised at a police station, she added.

So he wanted to marry her but his parents wouldn't allow it which is why he got the police involved?  if that's the case I say good on him, lol  Tongue

Reply #6 - December 23, 2008, 12:02 PM

what a world, where the pre-nup has provisions on the bride dying of unnatural causes... I hope, they have money set aside for a thorough autopsy... mysmilie_977
     Reply #7 - December 23, 2008, 09:21 PM

Good on them for insisting on that clause though. The rate of murder for "unwanted brides" in India is quite appalling.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - December 23, 2008, 09:39 PM

It may work in this case. The worst outcomes are where dowry blackmail  demands are involved.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #9 - December 23, 2008, 09:41 PM

It may work in this case. The worst outcomes are where dowry blackmail  demands are involved.

I think that's more of a Hindu thing.  In Islam the dowry system works the other way round, the man's family pay the woman's.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #10 - December 23, 2008, 09:54 PM

Sorry, I didn't read the bloody thing properly. Senior moment.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #11 - December 24, 2008, 02:30 AM

I think that's more of a Hindu thing.  In Islam the dowry system works the other way round, the man's family pay the woman's.

In India, it is always the woman's family that pays the dowry, even amongst the Muslims.

Reply #12 - December 30, 2008, 07:53 PM

I am puzzled by the aversion of the mods to more direct and "descriptive" adjectives in this thread.

The word "Nikah" in arabic does not really translate into marriage as we kufars understand it.

All my kufar arabic speaking acqauintances tell me that "nikah" really means the 4-letter "F" word that ends in "k".

So am I to understand that it's OK to cuss in foreign languages in here, but not in English?

Reply #13 - December 30, 2008, 07:55 PM

I am puzzled by the aversion of the mods to more direct and "descriptive" adjectives in this thread.

The word "Nikah" in arabic does not really translate into marriage as we kufars understand it.

All my kufar arabic speaking acqauintances tell me that "nikah" really means the 4-letter "F" word that ends in "k".

So am I to understand that it's OK to cuss in foreign languages in here, but not in English?

Nikah does not mean Fuck, and you have no idea what was edited out and wether it was going too far.  Roll Eyes

Reply #14 - December 30, 2008, 08:05 PM

Nikah does not mean Fuck, and you have no idea what was edited out and wether it was going too far.  Roll Eyes

I never suggested that I knew what was being edited out.  Whatever it was, the mods decided that it inappropriate.

My Arabic-speaking coptic Christian friends, as well as my Lebanese and Iraqi Christian (and Arabic speaking) friends all tell me that "Nikah" means "F**k".
     Reply #15 - December 30, 2008, 08:11 PM

I never suggested that I knew what was being edited out.  Whatever it was, the mods decided that it inappropriate.

My Arabic-speaking coptic Christian friends, as well as my Lebanese and Iraqi Christian (and Arabic speaking) friends all tell me that "Nikah" means "F**k".

Funny how it's arabic christians who tell you what an islamic arabic word means.  Wink

Reply #16 - December 30, 2008, 08:20 PM

Funny how it's arabic christians who tell you what an islamic arabic word means.  Wink

Are you suggesting that I should believe arabic muslims instead?  I thought their allah guy told them that it was OK to lie.

Their allah guy certainly has no compunction about saying some pretty nasty things about us kufars in verse like 5:60, 98:6, and 8:55.
     Reply #17 - December 30, 2008, 09:01 PM

Are you suggesting that I should believe arabic muslims instead?  I thought their allah guy told them that it was OK to lie.

Their allah guy certainly has no compunction about saying some pretty nasty things about us kufars in verse like 5:60, 98:6, and 8:55.

No, I am suggesting you educate yourself and stop listening to hearsay.  Afro

Reply #18 - December 30, 2008, 09:11 PM

gallego is partly right, even though he talks like an ignorant bigot. i've heard salafi sheikhs say that the most literal meaning of nikaah is intercourse, but now it means the means to make intercourse halal.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #19 - December 30, 2008, 09:25 PM

gallego is partly right, even though he talks like an ignorant bigot. i've heard salafi sheikhs say that the most literal meaning of nikaah is intercourse, but now it means the means to make intercourse halal.

Yes, but it was not translated as Fuck like he said, it was about as you said making halal through marriage, intercourse.

The way he flew in here and started trying to make nasty what doesn't need to be made nasty, that's what got my back up.

Reply #20 - December 30, 2008, 11:46 PM

More personal insults awais?

Show me one bigoted or sexist remark I have made (unless you consider my advocacy of deporting of jailing somebody who preaches murder to be "bigoted"....in which case you are the one with the problem, not me).  Show me one remark I have made where I have wished bad luck or harm to anybody.  Show me one ad hominem personal attack I have made to anybody in this forum, unless you consider certain (perhaps for some) unanswerable questions to be represent an "attitude". 

On the other hand, personal insults seem to be the order of the day for you.  If you are going to make personal insults, try backing them up with something I said.

I am not as ignorant as you might think.  Personal insults are, in my experience, normally the only recourse for the truly ignorant.  Insofar as my exchanges with you are concerned, I am not going to go there.  I am not going to accuse you of being ignorant.  For the time being at least, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. 

And by the way, intercourse for muslim men can be made halal in just about any situation.  According to verse 4:24 (according to the Tafsir of Al Jalalayn, and I assume you know who he is...I will not accuse you of being ignorant on that one), even rape is halal.  Even rape falls under the term "Nikah".   So I don't think it's a stretch at all to equate "Nikah" to the "F" word.

I am examining some other Tafsirs on that verse.  One of the moderators has questioned my reliance on Arabic Christians.  Maybe you have a better source.  I speak several languages (Spanish, French, and German in addition to my native Canadian English), but unfortunately for me, Arabic is not one them.  In any event, my Arabic (infidel) Christian friends contend that this verse essentially categorizes all women as whores.

[4.24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

I am not going to take that position until I examine some other Tafsirs more carefully.  But it does seem pretty clear that muslim men are allowed to "profit" by their women.

Does the mention of the Tafsir constitute talking like an "ignorant bigot"?  I don't think so. 
     Reply #21 - December 31, 2008, 12:06 AM

Verse 4:24...........

Men are to seek them (women) with their property.  Allah's words....hmmmm

To me that means "paying them for their sexual favors".  Am I wrong?

I still have to get my hands on the Tafsirs of Qurtubi and Ibn Kathir, but so far it does look to me that verse 4:24 does equate all women (muslim and non muslim) to whores.

I hope a certain other forum participant does not think I am talking like an "ignorant bigot" (his words, not mine).

I am posing what seems to be a legitimate question.

Reply #22 - December 31, 2008, 01:18 AM

How does this:

[4.24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

equate all women to whores? Is it not possible that an equally valid reading of "seek (them) with your property" is that the man is required to provide a home for his wife and family?

Reply #23 - December 31, 2008, 02:55 AM

How does this:

equate all women to whores? Is it not possible that an equally valid reading of "seek (them) with your property" is that the man is required to provide a home for his wife and family?

yes...that is possible, but I doubt it for 2 reasons:

(1) a muslim man can dispose of a wife by simply saying "talak, talak, talk".  To me it sounds like a John firing his whore, and seems to be about as easy.

(2) the term "profit" is in the context of the verse.  Is the John a pimp too?  Prostitution is usually done for profit.
     Reply #24 - December 31, 2008, 04:45 AM

Your reading is ridiculous. Using your wife as a prostitute is illegal under Islamic law. This is what you claim the verse in question allows. It does not.

Reply #25 - December 31, 2008, 07:06 PM

Your reading is ridiculous. Using your wife as a prostitute is illegal under Islamic law. This is what you claim the verse in question allows. It does not.

Maybe so, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a hadith that would contradict that.

Islam is just so full of contradictions.

In any case, under islamic law, women seem to be about as disposable as whores.
     Reply #26 - December 31, 2008, 07:45 PM

Maybe so, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were a hadith that would contradict that.

Well there isn't, so instead of wild off the cuff remarks, do some more research.

Reply #27 - December 31, 2008, 10:00 PM

Find it. Post it. Until then you have no point.

Reply #28 - January 03, 2009, 01:48 AM

Find it. Post it. Until then you have no point.

I have no bloody idea if there is one or not (hence the phrase "it wouldn't surprise me").
     Reply #29 - January 03, 2009, 01:54 AM

Don't make up crap when you cant back it up gallego, it's beyond pathetic.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »