Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Saudi Court Rejects Divorce Petition of 8 Year Old

(Read 8108 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Saudi Court Rejects Divorce Petition of 8 Year Old
     OP - December 21, 2008, 11:57 PM

A Saudi court has rejected a plea to divorce an eight-year-old girl married off by her father to a man who is 58, saying the case should wait until the girl reaches puberty, a lawyer involved told newswire AFP.

"The judge has dismissed the plea [filed by the mother] because she does not have the right to file such a case, and ordered that the plea should be filed by the girl herself when she reaches puberty," lawyer Abdullah Jtili told AFP in a telephone interview after Saturday's court decision.

The divorce plea was filed in August by the girl's divorced mother with a court at Unayzah, 220 km north of Riyadh just after the marriage contract was signed by the father and the groom.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/541658-saudi-court-rejects-divorcing-8-year-old-girl

So the father has the right to contract a marriage on her behalf, but the mother has no right to petition for divorce?  What a fucked up law.   Roll Eyes

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • Re: Saudi Court Rejects Divorce Petition of 8 Year Old
     Reply #1 - December 21, 2008, 11:59 PM

It's KSA. You expect sane laws?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - December 22, 2008, 12:26 AM

Well if the girl was a virgin, and she remained silent when they asked her opinion, then what more do you want?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #3 - December 22, 2008, 12:35 AM

I suppose I had some confused idea that if the girl is old enough to be party to a marriage contract, then she shouldn't have to wait for her first period before she is old enough to be party to a divorce.

I'm obviously a loony lefty feminist or something.  Roll Eyes

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #4 - December 22, 2008, 12:46 AM

I suppose I had some confused idea that if the girl is old enough to be party to a marriage contract, then she shouldn't have to wait for her first period before she is old enough to be party to a divorce.

I'm obviously a loony lefty feminist or something.  Roll Eyes

Well if Mohammed bonked a pre-pubescent girl then obviously a modern husband should have the same opportunity (since he should follow the example of the prophet), therefore the divorce will have to wait until her first period.

Reply #5 - December 22, 2008, 05:15 AM

Apparently her father , being a typically over - protective dad , has insisted on a clause stipulating that hubby will wait for the happy bride to turn 18 before he consumates the marriage . And knowing what respect the saudis have for their womenfolk I'm sure we can all be reassured by that ...

And to think our elected leader has just been out there grovelling to these savages - the sooner they figure out how to run the national grid on old chip oil the better .
     Reply #6 - December 22, 2008, 05:19 AM

The "clause" is only a verbal agreement, not a legal contract.

Reply #7 - December 22, 2008, 03:15 PM

The "clause" is only a verbal agreement, not a legal contract.

*nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* 18. Okay?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #8 - December 22, 2008, 04:46 PM

So much for women having the right to seek a divorce, old enough to be married off with no say so and too young to get a divorce, the twisted world of sharia law.  finmad

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - December 22, 2008, 05:00 PM

She's gunna be raped. Shariah is just lovely,
     Reply #10 - December 22, 2008, 05:36 PM

So much for Human conciousness over-riding our 'animal' instincts. I think that almost all other male primates, except humans and Bonobos wait for a whiff of adult female hormone before getting an erection.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
  • Saudi court tells girl aged EIGHT she cannot divorce husband who is 58 years old
     Reply #11 - December 22, 2008, 10:26 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1099447/Saudi-court-tells-girl-aged-EIGHT-divorce-husband-50-years-senior.html

...." A Saudi court has rejected a plea to divorce an eight-year-old girl married off by her father to a man who is 58, saying the case should wait until the girl reaches puberty.

The divorce plea was filed in August by the girl's divorced mother with a court at Unayzah, 135 miles north of Riyadh just after the marriage contract was signed by the father and the groom."...

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #12 - December 22, 2008, 10:38 PM

Topics merged.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #13 - December 22, 2008, 10:50 PM

Sorry, didn?t realise there was already a post

Reply #14 - December 23, 2008, 12:36 PM

Another sad, sad case. Makes me so sick  Cry
     Reply #15 - December 23, 2008, 01:25 PM

Apparently her father , being a typically over - protective dad , has insisted on a clause stipulating that hubby will wait for the happy bride to turn 18 before he consumates the marriage . And knowing what respect the saudis have for their womenfolk I'm sure we can all be reassured by that ...

And to think our elected leader has just been out there grovelling to these savages - the sooner they figure out how to run the national grid on old chip oil the better .

Yeah sure, the man's going to wait until he's 68!?
     Reply #16 - December 31, 2008, 12:33 PM

And the saga continues

Onaizah girl?s mother seeks HRC support
    Fatima Sidiya | Arab News

JEDDAH: The mother of an eight-year-old Onaizah girl whose recent bid for a divorce from the 58-year-old man her father married her to was rejected by a court has contacted the Human Rights Commission (HRC) for help.

The girl?s father, who is divorced from her mother, married her to the man for a dowry of SR30,000 and took a verbal agreement from him not to consummate the marriage for 10 years until she turns 18.

Abdullah Al-Jutaili, the lawyer representing the girl, had expressed dissatisfaction at the court ruling and said he would lodge an appeal at the Court of Cassation.

He said annulling the marriage was necessary because the husband could take the girl from school if he wished without anyone being able to object.

Al-Jutaili said the mother only learned of the marriage several months later after the girl told her that her father had taken her to hospital where she gave blood. Her 58-year-old husband is married and has children, but he does not live with his family.

The lawyer said the fact that the man does not live with his family could be used against him in court. He also objected to the court?s observation that an appeal for annulling the marriage could only be filed by the girl when she reaches puberty.

Suhaila Zain Al-Abidin, a member of the National Society for Human Rights, questioned the decision by asking what condition the girl would be in if she was to reach puberty at the age of 9 or 10. ?Unfortunately the judge failed to do justice to the girl. A girl of her age cannot use her money freely, let alone take such a major decision. It is not logical by all means. The husband is not in his 20s. He is old enough to be her grandfather,? said Zain Al-Abidin.

No one from the HRC commented on questions sent by Arab News three days ago.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=117687&d=31&m=12&y=2008

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #17 - December 31, 2008, 12:37 PM

What?s the definition of a paedophile in that country?

Reply #18 - December 31, 2008, 12:41 PM

Prophet.  whistling2
     Reply #19 - December 31, 2008, 02:10 PM

Is there a equivelant word in Arabic?

Aparently, in the west, Paedophilia didn't exist until 1886.

Ahmadinejad: "There are no gays in Iran"

White man, the inventor of everything.  Wink

Wiki:
    The term paedophilia erotica was coined in 1886 by the Viennese psychiatrist Richard von Krafft-Ebing in his writing Psychopathia Sexualis.

On a serious note, this is so sick and maddening.
     Reply #20 - December 31, 2008, 04:16 PM

There is not word for it. In some dialects we say: "Beyheb El Eyal El Soghayara - He likes small children". Now that I think about it, I do not know why they have to add the word 'small'.

Reply #21 - December 31, 2008, 07:02 PM

I rather doubt it's even in the muslim lexicon.
     Reply #22 - January 01, 2009, 01:37 AM

So much for Human conciousness over-riding our 'animal' instincts. I think that almost all other male primates, except humans and Bonobos wait for a whiff of adult female hormone before getting an erection.

Wtf? Do you think the average human male gets an erection by just looking at an eight-years old? That's sick.

vomit

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #23 - August 21, 2009, 05:43 AM

So goddamn sick. What an inhumane country and men

Closets after closets
     Reply #24 - August 28, 2009, 11:09 AM

So the father has the right to contract a marriage on her behalf, but the mother has no right to petition for divorce?  What a fucked up law.---Those Stupids....

eight-year-old girl married off by her father to a man who is 58---Come On....Thats a child...

50 years difference...? the hell.................crazy ,morons , psycho muslims.....

Here in India...i know there are some muslims who does marriages with long age difference..
    about...15 maximum as i know...For that itself..i dont like...

This is 50 years difference..This is really SICK !!!

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »