Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Church Threatening To Make Sins Public

(Read 7597 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Church Threatening To Make Sins Public
     Reply #30 - December 21, 2008, 11:07 PM

P.S. I'm not allowed to preach any more, because the bible says a woman is not allowed to preach.

You mean St. Paul said so.   Why do you think Jesus first revealed the resurrection to three women and told them to go and announce it? 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #31 - December 21, 2008, 11:08 PM

Are you saying the congregation of the church in question are without sin and therefore qualified to cast stones?

Nope. I'm not saying that at all...not even close.

Well then, why should their actions be dependent on her repentance?

Well, if she had repented, their actions would be definitely wrong! Something about this story is not making sense to me.
     Reply #32 - December 21, 2008, 11:13 PM

P.S. I'm not allowed to preach any more, because the bible says a woman is not allowed to preach.

You mean St. Paul said so.   Why do you think Jesus first revealed the resurrection to three women and told them to go and announce it? 

He did not tell them to go and preach theology, but chose Paul to do most of that.
     Reply #33 - December 21, 2008, 11:14 PM

Are you saying the congregation of the church in question are without sin and therefore qualified to cast stones?

Well, if she had repented, their actions would be definitely wrong! Something about this story is not making sense to me.

Ok, so you're not saying they are qualified to cast stones, and yet you wont say their actions are wrong.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #34 - December 21, 2008, 11:15 PM

He chose them to announce the Resurrection officially.  If women are not allowed to preach,  the Apostles should unanimously have followed the example of Thomas and refused to believe them.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #35 - December 21, 2008, 11:22 PM

Ok, so you're not saying they are qualified to cast stones, and yet you wont say their actions are wrong.

This is only my opinion. I do not think they need to tell the details of her unrepented sin, only tell the congregation she has sin that she is not willing to repent and that it is with sorrow that he is banning her from the church in hopes that she will repent.

There is no need to even say it is a sexual sin....but a rebellious attitude.

That is only my opinion.
     Reply #36 - December 21, 2008, 11:25 PM

He chose them to announce the Resurrection officially.  If women are not allowed to preach,  the Apostles should unanimously have followed the example of Thomas and refused to believe them.

They were not preaching. They were just announcing.
     Reply #37 - December 21, 2008, 11:28 PM

In this context, there is little or no difference.

Reply #38 - December 21, 2008, 11:36 PM

In this context, there is little or no difference.

They did not teach what the Resurrection means, but they did get to announce the best news in all of history!
     Reply #39 - December 21, 2008, 11:42 PM

Jesus taught that himself so they didn't need to.  There was no forbidding of their teaching such a thing, (until Paul came along), it was just unnecessary.  To give them the task of bearing witness to the proof of Jesus' teaching runs contrary to Paul's misogynistic take on a woman's role.  Which, btw, is also a subject on which Paul contradicts himself.

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »