Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Question to the faithful - who/what made God/Allah?

(Read 6120 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Question to the faithful - who/what made God/Allah?
     OP - December 18, 2008, 02:21 PM

Maybe Jihadi you can answer?
  • Re: Question to the faithful - who/what made God/Allah?
     Reply #1 - December 18, 2008, 10:16 PM

I remember thinking this when I was a new muslim, it really bothered me, then I remember thinking that this is an idea that should not be thought, because it will lead a person astray...

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - December 18, 2008, 10:20 PM

They will tell you that Allah has always been. He has no creator. Blah blah blah blah.That's what Islam teaches and that's what Muslims repeat.

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #3 - December 18, 2008, 10:26 PM

Allah is the default setting of the universe, he's just there, always has been, always will be.

Reply #4 - December 18, 2008, 10:34 PM

I think god/allah was made by a race of aliens more powerful than anything we have ever seen, they are waiting for us all to reject god/allah to prove we have evolved to the level of first contact.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - December 18, 2008, 10:39 PM

heh. is it a condition that all of mankind must do so? otherwise, where have they been? or maybe they secretly keep in contact with richard dawkins... yes... it all makes sense now... Elijah Muhammad is in the mother ship!

Reply #6 - December 18, 2008, 10:45 PM

heh. is it a condition that all of mankind must do so? otherwise, where have they been? or maybe they secretly keep in contact with richard dawkins... yes... it all makes sense now... Elijah Muhammad is in the mother ship!

Yes, ALL mankind must have evolved to that level before first contact, they tried it once before but looked what happened?  Atlantis vanished.  mysmilie_977

Reply #7 - December 18, 2008, 11:37 PM

Perhaps they were taken away so as not to be harmed by unenlightened?

Reply #8 - December 19, 2008, 01:08 AM

Carl Sagan puts it best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34-1W_9BhoU&feature=channel_page

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #9 - December 19, 2008, 09:44 AM

Well Allah, previously known as Jehovah, has always been around. He's never been created because he is spirit. Only material things are temporary. The spirit is eternal so never created and never ends.

It's just that He was lying around for all this eternity and suddenly 6,000 years ago got bored stiff and decided to create all these billions of planets. And on one of these innumerable rocks he decided to put man (and woman) a few animals plants, fish and of course not forgetting the viruses to add a little drama.

When he gets a bit angry he sends floods and plagues, fire and brimstone to destroy those not following the party line.

He regretted creating man and therefore promises to one day end it all by coming down and taking back a few deserving souls to his eternal abode. For the rest, he's created a nice warm hide out where we can where Prada.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #10 - December 19, 2008, 09:47 AM

For the rest, he's created a nice warm hide out where we can where Prada.

Lmao  Cheesy Cheesy

Well at least we will have style.  Cheesy

Reply #11 - December 19, 2008, 10:10 AM

It's just that He was lying around for all this eternity and suddenly 6,000 years ago got bored stiff and decided to create all these billions of planets. And on one of these innumerable rocks he decided to put man (and woman)

I had this idea that Allah did this all the time. That he created creatures, gave them free will and tested them over and over again, creating and destroying many different earths, adams, prophets, humanities, maybe even simultaneously to aliens in other galaxies.  wacko

Reply #12 - December 19, 2008, 11:18 AM

One answer I received was that god created himself Roll Eyes
     Reply #13 - December 19, 2008, 11:19 AM

God is not A being - he is BEING.
     Reply #14 - December 19, 2008, 11:25 AM

Yes, I am God, and you are God, we are all God, and there is no God. I believe God is our community conscience, the golden rule being the greatest command.  wacko

Reply #15 - December 19, 2008, 11:25 AM

Yes, I am God, and you are God, we are all God, and there is no God. I believe God is our community conscience, the golden rule being the greatest command.  wacko

yeah, whatever. Roll Eyes
     Reply #16 - December 19, 2008, 11:35 AM

Cute aphorism, Dio. Unfortunately it's no more profound than the graffiti on the backs of toilet doors.

Theology: "explaining" the unknowable in terms of the not-worth-knowing.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #17 - December 19, 2008, 11:39 AM

Cute aphorism, Dio. Unfortunately it's no more profound than the graffiti on the backs of toilet doors.

Theology: "explaining" the unknowable in terms of the not-worth-knowing.

translation: I didn?t get it.  Wink
     Reply #18 - December 19, 2008, 11:44 AM

No. Translation: those who expound on it have no real idea what it is supposed to mean either but insist on trying to bluff their way through it (and of course resort to sneering condescension when pressed). yes

Reply #19 - December 19, 2008, 11:48 AM

No. Translation: those who expound on it have no real idea what it is supposed to mean either but insist on trying to bluff their way through it (and of course resort to sneering condescension when pressed). yes

Agreed there. I have heard so many people contemplate what God is and how he came to be that it just makes the whole idea seem even more ludicrous when you receive different answers.
     Reply #20 - December 19, 2008, 11:49 AM

sure.  Wink

hint: I know what it means (that God is Being itself, instead of merely a part of creation... a concept necessarily outside our intellectual grasp - much like  Hawkin?s ideas about "first cause" and the universe having been there "always", God - being "Being" always was, wasn?t created. Being as such can?t be created, since any created thing presupposes being, so being itself is a precondition. Unless Being "is", nothing can be.
     Reply #21 - December 19, 2008, 01:14 PM

sure.  Wink

hint: I know what it means (that God is Being itself, instead of merely a part of creation... a concept necessarily outside our intellectual grasp - much like  Hawkin?s ideas about "first cause" and the universe having been there "always", God - being "Being" always was, wasn?t created. Being as such can?t be created, since any created thing presupposes being, so being itself is a precondition. Unless Being "is", nothing can be.

"kun", fayakun.

Reply #22 - December 19, 2008, 04:36 PM

For the rest, he's created a nice warm hide out where we can where Prada.

Lmao  Cheesy Cheesy

Well at least we will have style.  Cheesy

I look forward to that.

See you in Hell   dance

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
     Reply #23 - December 19, 2008, 08:14 PM

sure.  Wink

Mmmm,'a concept necessarily outside our intellectual grasp', eh.  Sounds very much like sneering condescension to me, tempered by false modesty perhaps?
    Oz 10: Dio 0.
    I think it's time you had a look at some up to date Earth Sciences , Dio.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #24 - December 19, 2008, 10:37 PM

And I think it?s time you read my post again, and tried to unders :thnkyu:tand it this time round.
     Reply #25 - December 22, 2008, 08:58 AM

Jihadi,

The cat got your tongue?

You not man/woman enough to defend your faith or do you prefer the true jihad -> if someone disagrees with your illogical bullshit just send a suicide bomber, this way you always win the argument.

Deep inside your brain, you know your life is a lie!

Reply #26 - December 22, 2008, 09:03 AM

Jihadi claims he wants someone to debate him. I cbf'd but perhaps you feel like having a go.

Reply #27 - December 26, 2008, 05:56 PM

It's just that He was lying around for all this eternity and suddenly 6,000 years ago got bored stiff and decided to create all these billions of planets. And on one of these innumerable rocks he decided to put man (and woman)

I had this idea that Allah did this all the time. That he created creatures, gave them free will and tested them over and over again, creating and destroying many different earths, adams, prophets, humanities, maybe even simultaneously to aliens in other galaxies.  wacko

Thats like the cyclical ideas of creation in Hindu philosophy.
    To me it begs the question, why? Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease which is invariably fatal.
     Reply #28 - December 26, 2008, 07:16 PM

I always thought it sounded like SimCity, or Civ... build up a society, and then pick your favourite catastrophies just to see how it turns out. 

Maybe God is really just Comic Book guy from the Simpsons.  "I command thee to worship me"
     Reply #29 - December 26, 2008, 08:06 PM

As amusing as that is, it is also something that is very relevant. Let us say that an entity more complex than anything we've encountered created this universe and everything in it. That does not automatically make Muhammad the last messenger of Allah. What if it is completely non-sentient, like Aristotle's unmoved mover? What if it IS just a computer game player in another universe more complex than ours? You can't disprove it... So does that make you agnostic about those possibilities?

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »