Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hijabi assaulted in Churchill Square, Brighton

(Read 13421 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hijabi assaulted in Churchill Square, Brighton
     Reply #30 - December 31, 2008, 12:28 AM

Gallego, on this board profanity is completely fucking acceptable. Our policy from the word go has been that there are more important issues in the world than the use of expletives, as made clear on our front page. If you wish to use them yourself feel free to do so.

However we do not encourage pointless insults, although we do have an unstated policy of not sweating the small stuff and expecting others to be similarly tolerant. Some of the issues discussed here can result in a bit of heat. You get that.

Thank you for your post.  In my case, I will try to minimize the use profanity, and I can promise you that I will never apply any profanity whatsoever to any other person (even though profanity has been applied to me) in this forum.  I have not done so yet, and I will not do so, nor will I engage in ad hominem personal insults.

I admit that I did use some expletives as they pertained to the moon god fo arabia (I think his name is allah).   In those cases, the moderators deleted my expletives as they pertained to that allah guy.  I accept without complaint the work of the moderators there, even though I cannot think of any other entity that more deserves the application of the most profane of expletives than this allah guy.

I may from time to time insult that allah guy and his prophet.  if you have a problem with that, please let me know.  I will abide by the wishes of the Mods on that one.  I happen think it's OK, because there are lots of places in the KKKoran that insult us kufars.

With respect to issues that are raised, ad hominem personal attacks WILL NOT be my MO.  They have not been my MO yet, and I will not go there................BUT.........  I will, where I am able and where I deem appropriate, question the issues rigorously, and in so doing expect the moderators to live up to the same standard they have already asked of me.

When I make a categorical statement, I will back it with references.  This I have done (verse 4:24 and Al Jalalayn's Tafsir thereon being an example).

Where I make a statement based on hearsay, I will identify it as being based on hearsay.  This I have done.  I only do that based on statements from people I trust.  Some of those people include Arabic Chjristians.  At least one of the moderators seems to have trivialized my reliance on those people, for reasons that have not been made clear to me.
     Reply #31 - December 31, 2008, 01:14 AM

The reason is that they may just possibly be slightly biased in their interpretation. Since you have been clearly told by other Arabic speakers that nikah does not literally translate as "fuck" it would perhaps be appropriate for you to ponder this.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #32 - December 31, 2008, 12:06 PM

I don't know which country you're in, although looking at your English , it's not the UK, and I don't know which newspapers you read but, at the time, all the broadsheet reports on the progress of the matter demonstrated that the police were following a very systematic method of tracking each individual to the point where they were successfully prosecuted and the lunatic fringe organisations they belonged to were banned.
    Remember the young idiot from Leeds in the fake suicide-bomber vest who had been filmed at the demo and was jailed?

You are right.  I am not from the UK.  I did not learn my English there.  I hope you are not suggesting that there is something seriously wrong with my English.

I would like to believe you when you tell me that guys like Chaudery and those demonstrators were successfully prosecuted.

All I am asking for are names and references.  Do you have them.  If you do not have them, do you know somebody who has this information?

Don't be so prickly: your English is excellent. It's just that, as an ESOL lecturer (retired), I can tell when  a person's English is not of English taught origin.
    I'll try to get this link to work:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jul/05/muhammadcartoons.uk

You can find many such reports from the British press by just googling something like 'Mohammed cartoon protests in London'.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #33 - December 31, 2008, 06:36 PM

I don't know which country you're in, although looking at your English , it's not the UK, and I don't know which newspapers you read but, at the time, all the broadsheet reports on the progress of the matter demonstrated that the police were following a very systematic method of tracking each individual to the point where they were successfully prosecuted and the lunatic fringe organisations they belonged to were banned.
    Remember the young idiot from Leeds in the fake suicide-bomber vest who had been filmed at the demo and was jailed?

You are right.  I am not from the UK.  I did not learn my English there.  I hope you are not suggesting that there is something seriously wrong with my English.

I would like to believe you when you tell me that guys like Chaudery and those demonstrators were successfully prosecuted.

All I am asking for are names and references.  Do you have them.  If you do not have them, do you know somebody who has this information?

Don't be so prickly: your English is excellent. It's just that, as an ESOL lecturer (retired), I can tell when  a person's English is not of English taught origin.

You can find many such reports from the British press by just googling something like 'Mohammed cartoon protests in London'.

Thank you.

I am presently surprised that some of those low life turds were dealt some justice.

Is there anything more that you are aware of concerning Chaudery?  My information is that he and his family were collecting welfare when he was prattling that hate rubbish of his.

I wonder if the UK justice system has the balls to prosecute those who preach some of the hate literature in the Koran.  What do you think?
     Reply #34 - December 31, 2008, 08:42 PM

Interesting legal point there. Some of the Quran is definitely hate speech IMO but it is also covered by freedom of religion. So there's a bit of a quandary there. Basically I think that anyone can preach as much of the Quran as they like, and do it as selectively as they like and it would be impossible to prosecute them if that is all they are doing.

Of course the same can be said about the bible. parrot   

Reply #35 - December 31, 2008, 08:47 PM

Is there any country in the world which prosecutes people for the contents of their holy books?  Possibly North Korea does, why don't you move there Gallego?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #36 - December 31, 2008, 09:43 PM

Is there any country in the world which prosecutes people for the contents of their holy books?  Possibly North Korea does, why don't you move there Gallego?

If Christians or Jews go around with placards and preach beheading of people who insult Christianity and Judaism, then maybe prosecuting the bible as hate speech might be worth a try.  It would set a good example, and might even succeed in shutting up the turds who go around prattling that stuff.  There is no doubt that the individuals should be prosecuted.

Have there been any Christians or Jews in the UK who are behaving that way these days?

I am not an expert on the bible, but I am not aware of any teaching of Jesus where he said "beat your wife", "convert or die", or any such garbage.  Maybe there is something like that in the old testament in Jewish teachings, but I don't really know.  In any case, if Christians or Jews get on the BBC and behave the way that turd Chaudery did, then I would be all for prosecuting both the speaker and his holy book if the two can be tied together.

With respect to the Koran, it does definitely exhort believers to kill, insult, and/or abuse non believers.  Didn't the prophet of islam say "if any one changes his islamic religion, kill him"?  An apostate would fit within the very broad definition of a non-believer.  What about Verse 9:29? So when some low life turd goes around with a placard advocating the "beheading of those who insult islam", then my answer is yes.  Both he and his book should be proscecuted, because both the behavior and the contents of the islamic holy books can be tied together.

Reply #37 - January 01, 2009, 12:53 AM

Quote from: gallego
    If Christians or Jews go around with placards and preach beheading of people who insult Christianity and Judaism, then maybe prosecuting the bible as hate speech might be worth a try.  It would set a good example, and might even succeed in shutting up the turds who go around prattling that stuff.  There is no doubt that the individuals should be prosecuted.

So when Fred Phelps and his assorted band of weirdos picket the funerals of dead soldiers with placards saying "God Hates Fags", should we prosecute the Bible as hate speech because it is their inspiration?

After all....

Quote from: gallego
    With respect to the Koran, it does definitely exhort believers to kill, insult, and/or abuse non believers.

And with respect to the Bible it does definitely exhort believers to kill, insult, and/or abuse homosexuals, along with those who tolerate them, eg the destruction of Sodom and Gommorrah.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #38 - January 01, 2009, 11:49 AM

Thank you.

I am presently surprised that some of those low life turds were dealt some justice.

Is there anything more that you are aware of concerning Chaudery?  My information is that he and his family were collecting welfare when he was prattling that hate rubbish of his.

I wonder if the UK justice system has the balls to prosecute those who preach some of the hate literature in the Koran.  What do you think?

Just google 'chaudhary in uk press' or similar. You seem to have a fixation with just him, so you might also try Omar Bakri, Izzadeen, Abu Hamza and any other names and fringe orgs you happen across whilst doing so. The British press are pretty good at ferreting out them and their fellow travellers, and in so doing making them look like low life, maniacal, homicide promoting, sponging lunatics.

Reply #39 - January 01, 2009, 12:08 PM

I saw Chaudhuri on TV and he came across as an illmannered fanatical unintelligent ungroomed lout - I think he was deliberately given airtime because he himself is the best argument against his views.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease which is invariably fatal.
     Reply #40 - January 01, 2009, 12:28 PM

Absolutely, Iris. Give 'em all the rope they need, I say. I reckon the press here do a good job when it comes to serious matters.
    And the police in their various roles don't always get the credit they're due - it's just that when they get it wrong, it can cost lives.

Reply #41 - January 02, 2009, 08:21 PM

So when Fred Phelps and his assorted band of weirdos picket the funerals of dead soldiers with placards saying "God Hates Fags", should we prosecute the Bible as hate speech because it is their inspiration?

If a court can show what verse of the bible told him to do that, then yes.  I assume that turd you are talking about says he is Christian?  If that's what he says, I wonder what it was the Jesus said that prompted him to do that.

And with respect to the Bible it does definitely exhort believers to kill, insult, and/or abuse homosexuals, along with those who tolerate them, eg the destruction of Sodom and Gommorrah.

If a Jew murders a homosexual because he said that God told him to do so, then yes.

Reply #42 - January 02, 2009, 08:42 PM

You certainly have a faeces fixation , don't you?

Reply #43 - January 02, 2009, 09:15 PM

Quote from: SnowFlake

Just a technical issue, but the Sodom and Gomorrah story does not make any explicit references to homosexuality. There is a vague reference to "strange flesh" but it's just that, vague. When the crimes of Sodom are mentioned later, the "strange flesh" reference is omitted. "Fullness of bread" doesn't sound like homosexuality to me. The notorious "If a man also lie with mankind" sentence is from Leviticus.

The Quran, however, explicitly defines the sin of Sodom as homosexuality.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #44 - January 02, 2009, 11:05 PM

the Sodom and Gomorrah story does not make any explicit references to homosexuality. There is a vague reference to "strange flesh" but it's just that, vague.

Quote from: Genesis 19, TNIV
    4. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom?both young and old?surrounded the house. 5. They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

Quote from: Genesis 19, JPS
    4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both young and old, all the people from every quarter.  5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him: 'Where are the men that came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.'

Do you really think they wanted to meet and greet them? 'Know' in Hebrew is a euphemism for sex.

Quote from: Genesis 4, JPS
    1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain,

Tongue

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #45 - January 03, 2009, 12:14 AM

Quote from: awais
    They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

The Hebrew word translated as "men" here is not strictly confined to the male gender, like the archaic meaning of "mankind" or "Man." Besides, whether angels were imagined to be male or not is another food for thought. They were the semi-divine creatures of ancient Canaanite culture assimilated into Judaism, and there is no reason to assume that sexual desire towards them is the same taboo as sexual desire towards human males. In other words, the story does not seem to condemn homosexuality but hatred towards strangers and guests, for which reason Lot offers his virgin daughters to the angel-raping mob in one of the most bizarre acts of hospitality found in any myth.

Reply #46 - January 03, 2009, 12:28 AM

I saw Chaudhuri on TV and he came across as an illmannered fanatical unintelligent ungroomed lout - I think he was deliberately given airtime because he himself is the best argument against his views.

Very true.

But he still should be prosecuted, if he has not already been.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that he advocates murder of non muslims.

Does anybody in this forum know whether he has been prosecuted?
     Reply #47 - January 03, 2009, 01:02 AM

Google it billy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #48 - January 03, 2009, 02:01 AM

Google it billy

My my, why be so touchy?

I just thought somebody may know off the top of their head.
     Reply #49 - January 03, 2009, 10:24 AM

My, my. Stop being so snarky.  Tongue

Reply #50 - January 03, 2009, 01:19 PM

In other words, the story does not seem to condemn homosexuality but hatred towards strangers and guests, for which reason Lot offers his virgin daughters to the angel-raping mob in one of the most bizarre acts of hospitality found in any myth.

Off-topic I know, but this always left me dumbfounded when I was a Muslim. Offering up his daughters ?? What the hell was he thinking?? And was I the only one who thought that was maybe just a little bit inappropriate, even unfair?

jawdrop

Life is a sexually transmitted disease which is invariably fatal.
     Reply #51 - January 03, 2009, 01:36 PM

Off-topic I know, but this always left me dumbfounded when I was a Muslim. Offering up his daughters ?? What the hell was he thinking?? And was I the only one who thought that was maybe just a little bit inappropriate, even unfair?

jawdrop

Well, I guess the morale of the fable is that you should love strangers so much that you should be willing to offer your virgin daughters to save their skins, but I don't really think it's such a good idea.

It's also interesting to note that according to a classical Jewish source, Sodomites believed "what is mine is mine, and what is yours is yours." Hmm..

Reply #52 - January 03, 2009, 01:36 PM

In other words, the story does not seem to condemn homosexuality but hatred towards strangers and guests, for which reason Lot offers his virgin daughters to the angel-raping mob in one of the most bizarre acts of hospitality found in any myth.

jawdrop

Me too, but I was told that he did it 1 - to see if the men could be swayed from men, and 2 - because he would rather see his daughters violated in a natural act, than see these men continue to sin in an unnatural one.

Roll Eyes

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #53 - January 03, 2009, 02:01 PM

jawdrop

Me too, but I was told that he did it 1 - to see if the men could be swayed from men, and 2 - because he would rather see his daughters violated in a natural act, than see these men continue to sin in an unnatural one.

Roll Eyes

I too on the second, and I also thought it was just a point he was trying to make, not a real intention to give up his daughters.

see this Cheesy

http://www.adultswim.com/video/index.html?section=Other&collectionID=8a2505951d1a2751011d261779af007d

Reply #54 - January 30, 2009, 05:59 AM

Britain is not a Muslim country.

Go to Muslim countries and eat pork and drink wine.

See the way they treat you.

There will be no white flag above our door
     Reply #55 - January 30, 2009, 07:26 AM

Fuck off Charles. Britain is not a homogenous anglo-saxon English-only society. You should be glad of that, being Jewish. Your people were banned for a number of years, bitch and whine then eh? Do you like Democracy?

Reply #56 - January 30, 2009, 07:47 AM

Are you trying to justify violence against people who wear Hijab?
     Reply #57 - January 30, 2009, 08:47 AM

He's not justifying. He's ranting. Again.

Reply #58 - January 30, 2009, 11:32 AM

Ive seen and done that in all the stans of central Asia, the Caucasus, Lebanon and the Maghreb.

You're an idiot

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #59 - January 31, 2009, 02:38 AM

Pork is readily available in supermarkets in the Arab Emirates. They have plenty of workers from abroad...and yes they are allowed to eat pork.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »