Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Do you believe in ghosts?

(Read 6177 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Do you believe in ghosts?
     OP - December 12, 2008, 08:50 PM

Anyone here had any supernatural ghost type experiences?

Just curious.

When I was 11 or 12 I was at home alone one evening with my brothers and sisters looking after the house while my parents were out for the evening.

I was watching TV and drinking some milk out of a tumbler glass. I then placed the glass on a coffee table and the instant I did the whole glass exploded, even the thick base that made up the tumbler.

For years I put this down to a creepy odd experience but apparently people who work in bars and pubs say it happens all the time due to impurities in the glass.

• Re: Do you believe in ghosts?
     Reply #1 - December 12, 2008, 08:51 PM

I've done the Ouija board a few times and its worked.  I think its more likely to be telekenisis or something than ghosts though. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - December 12, 2008, 08:56 PM

I've done the Ouija board a few times and its worked.  I think its more likely to be telekenisis or something than ghosts though. 

As rational as I like to think I am that would creep me out so I wouldn't do it.

I'd probably do a sky dive before I'd do Ouija board session.
     Reply #3 - December 12, 2008, 08:58 PM

I'm sure someone was pushing the glass when I did ouija board down the cemetary lol

I've never seen a ghost, the only weird thing that happened was when I was living in one house, I put a knife on the top of the fridge because my doorbell went and when I came back to the kitchen with my date, the knife flew off the top of the fridge as if it had been thrown by someone only the kitchen was totally empty.

That freaked me out so we went out for dinner instead lol.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - December 12, 2008, 08:59 PM

Its not particularly creepy when there's a group of you.  However, for all I say I don't believe in ghosts, God etc, I end up sleeping with the light on for a few days after I've done it. Embarrassed

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - December 12, 2008, 09:03 PM

I've had sleep paralysis a couple years ago. Thought I saw an ominous Jinn hovering over me, staring into my eyes with his dark blue glowing eyes in his black face. After I could move again and wasn't so afraid, I got up, said some prayers, and looked around the house to see if everything else was ok. I didn't see anyone. But my sister says I came into livingroom and looked right at her. She said I was reciting some weird poetry in my sleep before that. Weird.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #6 - December 12, 2008, 09:04 PM

Nope. I've yet to experience anything of the kind. I hope I never do.

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #7 - December 12, 2008, 09:06 PM

Well I'm going to be honest now. The tumbler exploding wasn't the only creepy thing that happened that night.

Also while watching the TV the television changed channels all by itself and the moment it changed it changed to BBC2 and the presenter was introducing a horror movie double bill, back in the day when they use to run horror movies on BBC2.

Needless to say it freaked me out and I still remember it today nearly thirty years later.
     Reply #8 - December 12, 2008, 09:07 PM

Ghosts like horror movies? lol  Tongue

Reply #9 - December 12, 2008, 09:08 PM

Ghosts like horror movies? lol  Tongue

Or they like putting the shits up little kids.
     Reply #10 - December 12, 2008, 09:10 PM

Also while watching the TV the television changed channels all by itself...

I was sitting in a car once and that happened (radio). And the locks went up and down by themselves. It was freaky.

Reply #11 - December 12, 2008, 09:11 PM

Sounds like an electrical problem.

Reply #12 - December 12, 2008, 09:13 PM

Did you see Penn and Teller test out Ouija boards? ~ 1:15 in to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA5uYhXpa-E

Oh and no I don't believe in ghosts or any of that paranormal stuff... but I'm open to evidence (of course!)
     Reply #13 - December 12, 2008, 09:19 PM

Manual locks, this was like 15 years ago.

Reply #14 - December 13, 2008, 10:04 AM

Of course,

you only have to look around this forum to substantiate that.

Yes, that's not very subtle.

Ghosts imply fear.

Remember what FDR said, "The only thing to fear about fear, is fear itself"

I kinda like Casper and Wendy.

There will be no white flag above our door
     Reply #15 - December 13, 2008, 11:28 AM

Not really a ghost story, but... the night my father died, I was in my student dorm, about 350 km away from him, sleeping. I woke up at about 3 or 4 am and was suddenly wide awake, with a very strange feeling of someone being around. I even thought of my father, who hadn?t looked healthy, last time I had seen him. Nothing threatening, but I got up and searched the appartment. The feeling didn?t go away, though I didn?t find anyone (except my flatmate, who was where she was supposed to be - sleeping in her bed, lol). I went back to bed. Next morning, my sister called, telling me our father was dead, and it felt like i had been expecting the call.
     Reply #16 - December 13, 2008, 11:38 AM

I was taking a shower, and I wrote in the mist on the glass door the date, 11/11/07, "Perhaps it will be today?... No. Don't think that." 11/11/07

When I got out of the shower the phone rang. My mother had passed. :(

Reply #17 - December 13, 2008, 11:40 AM

I really think there is some sort of telepathy, especially between parents and children, but not only them. Had several experiences of the kind with different people.... like dreaming about them (when I hadn?t thought about them or talked to them in months or longer) and getting a call/letter the day after. Things like that.
     Reply #18 - December 13, 2008, 11:43 AM

Yeah. There are lots of stories like this, when someone just knew something had happened and didn't know what, and they find out someone close had passed.

Also thinking about someone, then they call you (they were thinking of you too).

I hear my mother was asking for me on her deathbed :(.

Reply #19 - December 13, 2008, 11:46 AM

Yeah. There are lots of stories like this, when someone just knew something had happened and didn't know what, and they find out someone close had passed.

Also thinking about someone, then they call you (they were thinking of you too).

I hear my mother was asking for me on her deathbed :(.

Oh, mothers are the worst kind of mind.-readers! My mother ALWAYS knows what I am up to - even at 400 km distance!  lipsrsealed

and btw  - am sorry to hear you lost your mother recently, Awais. Always a blow. One only has one mum in this life.  Cry
     Reply #20 - December 13, 2008, 11:48 AM

My step mother reckons her father came to her in a dream the night he died, not just her but her sister and her mother (his wife) each had a similar dream (so they claim.

In the dream he went to his wife and asked her if she wanted to come with him, but she declined saying she still needed to stay for her children (who were all adults anyway).

My step mother then said he came to her in a dream and told her to stay strong, and that her mother would be there for her for a long time.

My step aunt says she had the same dream as my step mother.

The next day his wife (step mothers mum) phoned them to say he had died in his sleep.

I always had trouble believing them, tbh I still do, it just seems like a fanciful dream.

I could be wrong, it could be true, but it's hard for me to believe that, even as a believer since it goes against everything Islam says happens to a persons spirit when they die.

Reply #21 - December 13, 2008, 11:49 AM

Yes Awais, sorry for the passing of your mother, I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you hugs

Reply #22 - December 13, 2008, 11:52 AM

and btw  - am sorry to hear you lost your mother recently, Awais. Always a blow. One only has one mum in this life.  Cry

Thank you.
    Yes Awais, sorry for the passing of your mother, I can only imagine how painful it must have been for you hugs

Thank you.

Reply #23 - December 13, 2008, 02:44 PM

Anyone here had any supernatural ghost type experiences?

Just curious.

When I was 11 or 12 I was at home alone one evening with my brothers and sisters looking after the house while my parents were out for the evening.

I was watching TV and drinking some milk out of a tumbler glass. I then placed the glass on a coffee table and the instant I did the whole glass exploded, even the thick base that made up the tumbler.

For years I put this down to a creepy odd experience but apparently people who work in bars and pubs say it happens all the time due to impurities in the glass.

The exploding/shattering glass is surprisingly common and due to strains and stresses induced in the casting at the time of manufacture. Air bubbles and other inclusions and impurities can also cause it to explode.
    It's also quite common to find singers who can find the right resonance note  so that the glass 'rings' audibly and then shatters.
    It can also be done by running a finger tip around the rim and the glass will start to ring and sometimes shatter.
    So, nothing creepy there, then.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #24 - December 13, 2008, 02:48 PM

I was sitting in a car once and that happened (radio). And the locks went up and down by themselves. It was freaky.

That's someone else's activator at work. My neighbour's remote doorbell chimes every time his neighbour locks his car up.

Reply #25 - December 13, 2008, 02:50 PM

Some drunken bum always has to put a little more pressure on the tumbler than anyone else to get a result. Still, it's good fun when  you've had a little drink to put the willlies up other people.

Reply #26 - December 13, 2008, 03:03 PM

That's someone else's activator at work. My neighbour's remote doorbell chimes every time his neighbour locks his car up.

Reply #27 - December 13, 2008, 03:05 PM

Its not particularly creepy when there's a group of you.  However, for all I say I don't believe in ghosts, God etc, I end up sleeping with the light on for a few days after I've done it. Embarrassed

I don't believe in the supernatural. Load of nonsense!

... and yet, a few years ago, when I was in Pakistan:

I was driving from Kashmir to Jhelum with a cousin, when the car ran out of petrol.
    We waited in the car hoping to flag down another car.
    Since it was late and we hadn't encountered any traffic, we knew it could be a long wait.
    Don't know why, but he started to talk about evil spirits.

Sitting there, in the middle of nowhere, in the darkness ...

I swear to you, my brothers and sisters ...

I was willing to believe in the Koran, Virgin Mary and the war on terror.

Just as I was about to convert, another vehicle arrived and we were saved.

Now, whenever I want to see spirits ... I just buy some petrol.
     Reply #28 - December 13, 2008, 03:11 PM

Some drunken bum always has to put a little more pressure on the tumbler than anyone else to get a result. Still, it's good fun when  you've had a little drink to put the willlies up other people.

Yes, usually me.  It is funny pushing the glass to spell out messages like "You will all die horribly" and seeing other people get frightened.  Anyway, Sani's link to Penn and Teller debunked the Ouija board succesfully for me, I wasn't too far off base when I said telekenisis.

Quote from: awais

A mechanism glitch then.  We'll get Penn and Teller on to it, I bet they'll find a simple explanation.

Reply #29 - December 13, 2008, 03:16 PM

Quote from: awais

A mechanism glitch then.  We'll get Penn and Teller on to it, I bet they'll find a simple explanation.

It was a jinn I tell you! Tongue

Or aliens! Cheesy

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »