Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Open verdict at Menezes inquest

(Read 4431 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Open verdict at Menezes inquest
     OP - December 12, 2008, 05:46 PM

The jury has returned an open verdict at the inquest into the death of Jean Charles de Menezes, whom police mistook for a suicide bomber.

It rejected the police account Mr de Menezes was killed lawfully by two officers who shot him seven times at Stockwell Tube in south London.

Earlier in the inquest the jury was instructed not to return a verdict of unlawful killing.

I remember watching the drama unfold on television.
    This is what I was thinking:

I thought the police must have shot a muslim; someone who was going to be of dark appearance.
    I remember hearing the remarks of a male witness live on the air.
    The witness was saying how he saw '3 guys' jumped on a passenger, pinned him to the floor on his face, so that he couldn't move a muscle ... then drew a gun and fired lots of shots to his head. According to him, no warnings were given, because he thought they were a criminal gang. I never saw, or read about this witness again. He dissapeared.

I remember thinking "The bastards have just murdered him, in cold blood".
    I remember thinking "In this climate of war on terror, I bet the bastards feel elevated to a level where they can do anything they want to any muslim, knowing that no questions will be asked, and they will probably get a medal and a knighthood for being so heroic."
    As the events started to progress, I thought there will now be a cover-up. There was.
    I heard all sorts of bullshit from the masters of decieving.
    They didn't rule half the world for nothing.

We gave warning = No
    He was wearing a padded jacket = T shirt
    He had electric wires hanging down from his coat = No (They must of thought of that, when they realised he was an electrician).
    He was behaving suspiciously = No
    He was running = No
    He jumped over the barriers = No
    He doubled back to throw us off = No
    All the camera's were not working = No (The bastards have destroyed all the tapes)

Members of the jury ... you can choose any verdict, as long as it's lawful killing

Wankers.
  • Re: Open verdict at Menezes inquest
     Reply #1 - December 12, 2008, 08:20 PM

Fuck the police.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - December 12, 2008, 08:27 PM

The jury was offered the option of a verdict of "lawful killing" and rejected it.  That's as much of an indictment as they were allowed to make of the police, which stinks.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - December 12, 2008, 08:58 PM

It's unconscionable. I find it difficult to understand how a thing this bodged and blighted has happened in the Britain I used to believe in. Things this stupid get me so damned angry. We're supposed to go along with this bullshit?
    The policeman who pulled the trigger had been training for 25 years apparently, for that one moment - it's just too stupid to be true.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #4 - December 12, 2008, 09:14 PM

Yes, and all the lies they told to try and cover their asses only made them look worse.  Even after they accepted that they got the wrong man they were spinning shite to the press that he ran away and jumped over a barrier and ignored warnings, etc. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - December 12, 2008, 10:46 PM

The police certainly made mistakes , particularly in the way they handled things afterwards , but just try and put yourself in their place for a minute - they thought they were dealing with a suicide bomber , and the guys on the tube had to make an instant decision , believing that hundreds of lives were at risk . I find it literally incredible that the jury reached a verdict of  ' unable to decide ' on the issue of whether the July bombings played any part in what happened - of course they did , that's blindingly obvious .
       It's right and proper that the police operation should be scrutinised , and that the self serving , useless Ian Blair has been ousted , and there should probably be  a few other senior officers packed off to traffic duty , but the guys on the ground made a genuine error whilst under immense pressure . The people really responsible for Menezes tragic death are the guys who put the bombs on the tube ( and the people who helped them ) - and the ones still alive should be charged with his murder
     Reply #6 - December 13, 2008, 12:28 AM

Yes, and all the lies they told to try and cover their asses only made them look worse.  Even after they accepted that they got the wrong man they were spinning shite to the press that he ran away and jumped over a barrier and ignored warnings, etc. 

I thought that the lies were the worst thing of it.
    The mistake, while tragic, they were in a high pressure climate and taking a lot of responsibility.
    Mistakes happen to the best of us, and unfortunately they were in a position where mistakes cost a life.
    But to go on to shirk responsibility and lie about it, that was just intolerable.
     Reply #7 - December 13, 2008, 10:24 AM

Generally I'm very supportive of the police since the majority of their work is in fact social work and not crime fighting.

However as soon as I heard that a suspected terrorist had been shot I had a gut feeling that a major balls up had just taken place.
     Reply #8 - December 13, 2008, 06:44 PM

Generally I'm very supportive of the police since the majority of their work is in fact social work and not crime fighting.

However as soon as I heard that a suspected terrorist had been shot I had a gut feeling that a major balls up had just taken place.

Strange that, I had exactly the same feeling. It was so off-pat that it didn't ring true. And when sir Ian Blair issued denials the next day, you knew that a balls up was on the cards. Cressida Dick, ops commander, had told them to take him out, by all accounts, so that's what they were expected to do.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #9 - December 13, 2008, 07:51 PM

The police certainly made mistakes , particularly in the way they handled things afterwards , but just try and put yourself in their place for a minute - they thought they were dealing with a suicide bomber , and the guys on the tube had to make an instant decision , believing that hundreds of lives were at risk . I find it literally incredible that the jury reached a verdict of  ' unable to decide ' on the issue of whether the July bombings played any part in what happened - of course they did , that's blindingly obvious .

No mistakes were made on the killing part.
    They were told to take him out. They did.

Even after realising their mistake, they didn't come clean, because they were still looking for all avenues, on how to fit him up.
    He was not even remotely connected, so they couldn't do it.
    He was an innocent muslim, it would have been a different ball game.

I HAVE put myself in their shoes.
    The guy was wearing a tight fitting T shirt.
    No signs of him carrying anything dangerous.
    I have him pinned on the floor, together with my fellow officers.
    I can easily arrest him, but I don't.

He could have been arrested when he left the flat, when 'hundreds of lives' weren't at risk,
    but that would not have scared the public as much.

And The War On Terror only works if the public are terrified.
     Reply #10 - December 14, 2008, 02:10 AM

time for a riot?

ACAB
    (Always Carry A Bible in case any  copper are on here whistling2)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »