Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: In the end death is the real problem!

(Read 2578 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • In the end death is the real problem!
     OP - December 11, 2008, 10:38 PM

Today someone told me that they used to drink, smoke and do lots of other haram stuff.

Now they do not do it any more as they do not want to go to hell.

I guess the worry about the afterlife is the one of the big problems?
  • Re: In the end death is the real problem!
     Reply #1 - December 11, 2008, 11:03 PM

Well if you believed you were going to have your skin burnt off you and put back on only to be burnt again and again and again, and that hot boiling things were going to be forced down your throat, for thousands and thousands of years, wouldn't it worry you too? lol

The fear of what happens when we die is why many people follow religion, and Islam really goes into a lot of detail on what will happen to you when you die.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - December 11, 2008, 11:43 PM

It's silly to think that all of this has come about from fear of death, when it's silly to even think about death, being totally unaware of it when it actually does happen. I think death is easily the least of our problems in life.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
     Reply #3 - December 12, 2008, 01:38 AM

Yes, but not in the way you seem to be implying. The big problem is with suppression of critical thinking through fear and indoctrination.
     Reply #4 - December 12, 2008, 01:40 AM

Today someone told me that they used to drink, smoke and do lots of other haram stuff.

I do not believe it has much to do with hell as to do with the human need to improve and build.

People often want to do the right thing. Regardless of hell. They believe if they do the right thing, they will get a bigger rewards. If I starve myself in a diet today, I will have a great body tomorrow. If I suffer and pray Five times, there must be a reward to me because after all, if no pain no gain, then clearly, if there is pain then there must be some gain as well, right? right??

In the quest to turn and improve their life around, people will go to a lot of length to do the right thing. The issue is, what sources they will look into to get a list of 'right things' to perform? their doctor? magazine? friends? parents? the immutable and eternal word of god? TV? commercials?

Doing what the koran tells them to do is just them trusting the advice of the koran over the advice of a TV commercial.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #5 - December 17, 2008, 09:17 PM

I don't know what gets to me more, the fear of death that paralyzes people into mental stasis (aka religiousity), or the fact that people need incentives (such as Heaven) to be civil to one another.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »