Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Suggest some puppy names

(Read 4302 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Suggest some puppy names
     OP - December 11, 2008, 06:41 PM

I have a puppy, we got her on Friday from an owner who didn't want her anymore so she is sixteen weeks old already.

Anyway she came with the name "princess" which is just too ghetto for me lol I really dislike it.

I want to change her name, I wanted to call her Jo Jo, but my seventeen year old brother keeps calling her princess so that she won't take to the name Jo Jo.

He says I need to compromise on the name because he got the puppy for me even if it is mine and I pay the vet bills and buy the food  Cheesy.

So with great reluctance I am going to compromise, but I can't think of any names.

I will post pictures as soon as I can, but for now please suggest some names.

dance

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Suggest some puppy names
     Reply #1 - December 11, 2008, 06:46 PM

It?s difficult without a picture... what sort of doggie are we talking about?
     Reply #2 - December 11, 2008, 06:47 PM

Wait, I am going to try using my brothers mobile to take a pic and post it.

Reply #3 - December 11, 2008, 06:54 PM

since she is sort of an orphan, why not call her Moll Flanders, after the famous heroine by Defoe... you can call her Molly for short!  Afro
     Reply #4 - December 11, 2008, 08:04 PM

so - any pics? What do you say to Moll(y)?
     Reply #5 - December 11, 2008, 08:08 PM

No to molly lol she doesn't look like a molly, I will get a pic, give me fifteen minutes hopefully.  grin12

Reply #6 - December 11, 2008, 08:27 PM

Ah bollocks, I can't upload a picture  finmad

Reply #7 - December 11, 2008, 10:14 PM

Have you thought that dogs learn their names as well as we do?  If she answers to Princess, why not keep it.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #8 - December 11, 2008, 10:15 PM

I can't upload my Tiggy pics either.  Maybe you could just describe her.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #9 - December 11, 2008, 10:20 PM

Have you thought that dogs learn their names as well as we do?  If she answers to Princess, why not keep it.

I have thought about that, but people also opt to choose their name, and sometimes life makes that choice for them.  She is still young, if I changed it now she wouldn't even remember after.

She is a golden brown colour with white on the tips of her paws and on her chest, short haired because she is a cross between a pitbull and a staffordshire terrier.  Not the fluffy dog I had wanted originally, and definately not the breed, but I felt bad for her, because her mum died in birthing complications and the owner didn't want her anymore.

She doesn't look like either of the breeds face wise, softer features,  and she is just a dainty little thing.

Reply #10 - December 11, 2008, 10:57 PM

I have thought about that, but people also opt to choose their name, and sometimes life makes that choice for them.  She is still young, if I changed it now she wouldn't even remember after.

She is a golden brown colour with white on the tips of her paws and on her chest, short haired because she is a cross between a pitbull and a staffordshire terrier.  Not the fluffy dog I had wanted originally, and definately not the breed, but I felt bad for her, because her mum died in birthing complications and the owner didn't want her anymore.

She doesn't look like either of the breeds face wise, softer features,  and she is just a dainty little thing.

Name her Snookums. 

Or how about Puddin' ?     grin12

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #11 - December 11, 2008, 11:00 PM

LOL if my brother is whining about the Jo Jo choice, I have no doubt he will screech about those ones you are suggesting.  Cheesy

Reply #12 - December 11, 2008, 11:11 PM

Name for a female puppy?

Xena
     Reply #13 - December 11, 2008, 11:34 PM

LOL if my brother is whining about the Jo Jo choice, I have no doubt he will screech about those ones you are suggesting.  Cheesy

I know...but she will be your dog after all.

And isn't it worth it to hear him screech?  Cheesy

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #14 - December 12, 2008, 07:46 AM

Yay, you finally got one! That's exciting.

You can name her:

Piglet
    Lady
    Stella

Don't ask.  Cool

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #15 - December 12, 2008, 12:23 PM

"Don?t ask" is a weird name for a dog... but, hey - why not? A friend of mine called his (minute) dog "willma" - short for "will mal gr??er werden". (wants to get bigger some day).  Afro

edit: what about Annie, btw - another famous orphan!  cool2
     Reply #16 - December 12, 2008, 12:32 PM

If it's half pit bull how about calling it Pussy Eater.  dance

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #17 - December 12, 2008, 12:34 PM

If it's half pit bull how about calling it Pussy Eater.  dance

... eh... how about no, because it?s a girl-dog?  cool2
     Reply #18 - December 12, 2008, 12:35 PM

Can still eat kittens.

Reply #19 - December 12, 2008, 12:36 PM

Can still eat kittens.

... but would be forever confused about her sexual identity!  cool2
     Reply #20 - December 12, 2008, 12:38 PM

Not necessarily. Could just be a happy dyke.

Reply #21 - December 12, 2008, 12:38 PM

Not necessarily. Could just be a happy dyke.

Few dogs are... female ones, anyway. Chances are, she?d be a confused hetero-bitch. lipsrsealed
     Reply #22 - December 12, 2008, 12:46 PM

Os suggestion has the advantage that Berbs bro would probly enjoy roaring Pussy Eater in public when he takes her for walks in the park.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #23 - December 12, 2008, 12:49 PM

Os suggestion has the advantage that Berbs bro would probly enjoy roaring Pussy Eater in public when he takes her for walks in the park.

that is true... but does Berbs want the approval of her bro, and him shouting that in the park, in the presence of her kids?
     Reply #24 - December 12, 2008, 04:32 PM

Hi BE

What was the cats reaction to this new member of the household ?

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #25 - December 12, 2008, 04:36 PM

Hi BE

What was the cats reaction to this new member of the household ?

The older cat "mysty" is not happy at all, it's been 6 days of hissing and clawing off of her anytime the puppy tries to sniff her.  Simba is much braver though, after a day of baby hissing (so cute  Cheesy) he has been going over to sniff her and see what she is getting up to.

She tries to put her paw on him to keep him still so she can check him out and he scoots away or I jump to his defence since he is by far my favourite pet.  bunny

It's funny because I will be relaxing, cuddling simba my kitten and the puppy will get jealous and try to take his space.

The other night I had simba in the crook of one arm, and her in the other, both just snuggling into me.  dance

Reply #26 - December 12, 2008, 07:41 PM

The other night I had simba in the crook of one arm, and her in the other, both just snuggling into me. 

Aww that sounds nice and cosy.

It is quite a menagerie you have now what with 3 children and 3 pets - never a dull moment eh ?

As for a name for the puppy, how about Amica (=friend) ?

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #27 - December 12, 2008, 07:44 PM

It is quite a menagerie you have now what with 3 children and 3 pets - never a dull moment eh ?

You'd think so huh? lol but today I was skirting dangerously close to being bored out of my skull.  Cheesy

As for a name for the puppy, how about Amica (=friend) ?

Thanks but we decided to just keep princess in the end, I am still not keen, but soujourner was right, it's what she knows already.  Smiley

Reply #28 - December 12, 2008, 08:17 PM

Name her ethereal (pronounced) E-theory-al
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »