Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Is this a hateful site like FFI and jihadchat?
  • Yes - 2 (5.3%)
  • No - 36 (94.7%)
  • Total Voters: 38

Topic: Is this place too hateful?

(Read 17767 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Is this place too hateful?
     OP - December 10, 2008, 02:41 PM

Please vote in the poll after reading this post: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3898.msg100204#msg100204

Do you basically believe that I am setting the tone for a hateful site here?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Is this place too hateful?
     Reply #1 - December 10, 2008, 03:47 PM

If anyone votes yes, I'd be interested to see links to whichever posts/threads they deem to be hateful.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - December 10, 2008, 08:56 PM

Please vote in the poll after reading this post: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=3898.msg100204#msg100204

No, I think you're doing a great job.
    I'm not burdened by having seen either of the other sites mentioned. I can only say as I find it here.
    You need a wide range of opinion and the mere fact that one user is telling another that he is hate-filled , and why so, gives the lie to any idea that Islam has the monopoly on hatred. It's also very evident within  another religion that's supposedly based upon love, forgiveness and peace too.
    It goes to show that hatred is a universal condition that is not tempered by the complexion of a hater's religion should he wish to display it to the world. Anyone who espouses hatred is soon spotted and the rest of us who are not fooled can draw our own conclusions.
    If you live your life in reaction to the things you hate you will live it in bitterness.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #3 - December 10, 2008, 10:24 PM

I'm new here and have been enjoying the diverse views and opinions. I've never visited the other forums mentioned but have read a few articles from the FFI website.

I cannot vote because I have no experience of the other sites but I wouldn't say this forum is hate filled. Diverse opinions maybe, but that makes the debating interesting.

I loved your blog Hassan and could relate to some of it, though i've only got to ch7. You have a lot to contribute, so do others in their own way. Some are still emotionally attached to Islam and the cultural aspects, some feel betrayed and lost and require support, some feel hatred after being led down the wrong path for so many years. Some are still Muslims and some were never Muslims.

For me its a learning experience. Understanding all sides of a debate is important.

Hope we can ALL continue to contribute and appreciate,  counter or disregard other posters input.

Knowing Islam is the only true religion we do not allow propagation of any other religion. How can we allow building of churches and temples when their religion is wrong? Thus we will not allow such wrong things in our countries. - Zakir Naik
     Reply #4 - December 10, 2008, 10:26 PM

I wouldn't say so, and I haven't noticed.

You're a woman who confirms my thesis that it's women shall free themselves.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #5 - December 10, 2008, 10:31 PM

As a Muslim, I was hypersensitive, and a lot of the posters on this site did seem hateful to me when I'd lurk and read various disscussions. This forum doesn't seem hateful to me anymore, although I can understand why a lot of people- mostly people who aren't accustomed to faith being so scrutinized and lambasted, especially Muslims- would take offense.
     Reply #6 - December 10, 2008, 10:48 PM

I do not find this site hateful. In FFI near the end, I used to have to dodge posts by Mrs.Westerner and Miss Texas. With all my love and respect for them, in their own sites, jihadchat.com and similar others, they did not dare talk in the tones they used in FFI. In here I rarely have to dodge posts.

I find few of "SmartAssmodeus" posts to be a little harsh sometimes. Common to a Westerner eavesdropping on islam. But on average he is well balanced and his over the top posts definitely do not set the tone for the forum. Personally, at worst I have to ignore Jack but i blame myself for failing to contain him and I still think the world is more interesting with him in it.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #7 - December 10, 2008, 10:54 PM

I find few of "SmartAssmodeus" posts to be a little harsh sometimes. Common to a Westerner eavesdropping on islam.

He accepts at face value the claims of Orientalism.

Reply #8 - December 11, 2008, 12:01 AM

at worst I have to ignore Jack but i blame myself for failing to contain him

Eh? Cheesy

Ha Ha.
     Reply #9 - December 11, 2008, 12:06 AM

I voted no.  I don't know anything about JihadChat but I have lurked at FFI and there is no comparison between there and here.  Obviously I disagree with alot of the things said here, but disagreement with Islam does not make a hate site.  FFI is putrid, I would not post or register there if I was paid to.
     Reply #10 - December 11, 2008, 12:12 AM

Berbs
    Although I have known you and we've had contact in the past through other forums, I have only really got into reading this forum in the last few weeks.

Like Hassan, my story is a million miles from yours , but then again my life is also extremely different to Hassan's.  

Is this site what I expected?  Not really - many more "never were muslims"  posting and using the forum than I anticipated. Perhaps this is a recent thing. No big deal, but just not what I expected. 

I havent visited FFI in about 3 years, mainly because it was populated by shitloads of "never muslims" who were at best bigoted , and at worst genocidal.

I have no doubt that your personal experiences of Islam must have some bearing on how you percieve Muslims. The muslims I know would never sit around in a room cheering a video of the WTC being attacked, like you witnessed.

There is an atmosphere of hostility on this forum that I don't particularly like and wasn't expecting. I have gained plenty of knowledge here in my short stay so far and I'm not going to leave.

I'll just have to manage my expectations.

Are you "setting the tone"? Well that's what moderators tend to do isn't it? Just depends whether you agree with the "tone".

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

-George Dennison Prentice
     Reply #11 - December 11, 2008, 12:38 AM

The poll is not going to sort anything out, I agree with Hassan but I don't think this is like ffi or jihadchat. And yes I have at times seen you stop hateful posters, but I think the forum at times has a tendency to slide into becoming ffi like. I feel sometimes, more needs to be done in making it clear we as ex Muslim atheists will not tolerate any hatred directed at Islam or Muslims, in fact anyone for that matter. We encourage debate, here. Not communism, or Islam bashing.

I will not be voting in the poll, as I don't feel it will accurately represent anything. It's a folly the poll is
     Reply #12 - December 11, 2008, 12:42 AM

There is an atmosphere of hostility on this forum that I don't particularly like and wasn't expecting. I have gained plenty of knowledge here in my short stay so far and I'm not going to leave.

Really?  Huh?  Because I am honestly oblivious to it, this is the nicest forum I have ever been on as far as I am concerned and I have been a member at quite a few different sites.

I am honestly not just saying that because I help run the joint, but because I feel a very hippy vibe whenever I am here that I see nowehere else so far.

Perhaps it is because I tend to frequent the happier topics, and avoid the debate that I have grown bored of (having worked the angst of leaving Islam out of my system through debate over a few years already) that I am oblivious to the hostility you and Hassan percieve.

I just honestly don't see it.

Who is the hostility directed at specifically?

In what context?

And yes you are right, my experience with muslims has been so similar to what FFI sometimes says about muslims, I find it more difficult to accept the "happy life" version of it, but I DO accept that that was MY experience.

I have stayed with this forum since we started it up because I believed a place like this, less hateful, for ex muslims was needed, why would I do that if I was going to then go and set the tone to recreate FFI?

Finally, of course there are more never have been muslims than ex muslims, since ex muslims are few and far between. 

If we changed this forum to an ex muslim only forum it would be a complete graveyard.  Wink

Reply #13 - December 11, 2008, 12:45 AM

The poll is not going to sort anything out, I agree with Hassan but I don't think this is like ffi or jihadchat. And yes I have at times seen you stop hateful posters, but I think the forum at times has a tendency to slide into becoming ffi like. I feel sometimes, more needs to be done in making it clear we as ex Muslim atheists will not tolerate any hatred directed at Islam or Muslims, in fact anyone for that matter. We encourage debate, here. Not communism, or Islam bashing.

I will not be voting in the poll, as I don't feel it will accurately represent anything. It's a folly the poll is

Tut, you supported MN, you are hardly the voice of reason.

This place has never been like FFI, even when they rushed over because FFI was down, the admin and mods were here to clear it up.

Sorry we can't clean it up fast enough, or keep an eye on every thread fast enough not to offend anyone.  Tongue

Reply #14 - December 11, 2008, 12:57 AM

Tut, you supported MN, you are hardly the voice of reason.

This place has never been like FFI, even when they rushed over because FFI was down, the admin and mods were here to clear it up.

Sorry we can't clean it up fast enough, or keep an eye on every thread fast enough not to offend anyone.  Tongue

MN made complete sense to me. Maybe I think like him at times thats why, but I found him to be a very profound person with genuine intellect. Majority of his posts and debate were based on sound reasoning and most of all he was professional about it.  I just wish I spent more time getting to know him... I do feel at times I even admired him and even looked up to him. Which is strange.

Hay if you have his email, pm me with it.

But really I do enjoy this place, as I pretty much get away with murder when am not in medication. But sometimes I do feel when new members come and I give them a grilling, someone always has to come (namely you) to undermine me. 
     Reply #15 - December 11, 2008, 01:06 AM

Who is the hostility directed at specifically?

In what context?

It 's appears to be a contempt of muslims in general rather than just the religion. Ok so it's NOWHERE near FFI or jihadchat standards I agree. In my naivete I imagined that most of the posters ( and all the mods) would be ex-muslims.

However I don't really have the time to trawl through the forum picking out bits that i am offended by, but here's the simplest way I can describe it:

It's like the difference between me saying "my mum is a bitch" and somebody else saying to me "your mum is a bitch".
    It may be true whoever's saying it , but it certainly is more offensive when it comes from somebody else.

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

-George Dennison Prentice
     Reply #16 - December 11, 2008, 01:14 AM

Quote from: King Tut
    I agree with Hassan but I don't think this is like ffi or jihadchat. And yes I have at times seen you stop hateful posters, but I think the forum at times has a tendency to slide into becoming ffi like. I feel sometimes, more needs to be done in making it clear we as ex Muslim atheists will not tolerate any hatred directed at Islam or Muslims, in fact anyone for that matter. We encourage debate, here. Not communism, or Islam bashing.

Sounds good, Tut.  I don't want hatred directed at anyone either.  Debate, not communism or bashing - good stuff.  Which is why I have to question this....

MN made complete sense to me. Maybe I think like him at times thats why, but I found him to be a very profound person with genuine intellect. Majority of his posts and debate were based on sound reasoning and most of all he was professional about it.  I just wish I spent more time getting to know him... I do feel at times I even admired him and even looked up to him. Which is strange.

MN wanted muslims, along with adherents of all other Abrahamic faiths, sent to re-education camps.  He also wanted people who believed in God to be deprived of the right to bring up their own children - I think the children in question were also supposed to be sent to re-education camps.

So I don't get how he made sense to you when he espoused views that you say you abhor, ie, "debate, not communism, or Islam bashing."

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #17 - December 11, 2008, 01:19 AM

Quote from: Humanoid
    It's like the difference between me saying "my mum is a bitch" and somebody else saying to me "your mum is a bitch".
    It may be true whoever's saying it , but it certainly is more offensive when it comes from somebody else.

Humanoid, do you find it offensive when people like myself, who have never been muslim, say that Islam is just a man made religion like all the rest?

Reply #18 - December 11, 2008, 01:35 AM

Whats wrong with sending someone to re-education camps?  Huh?
     Reply #19 - December 11, 2008, 01:37 AM

Make your mind up.  Either you agree with communism and Islam bashing, or you don't.

Reply #20 - December 11, 2008, 01:38 AM

So you're cool with your family and friends being sent to re-education camps because they follow the cannibalistic murderous Abraham (as MN so eloquantly oft said)?   Roll Eyes

Reply #21 - December 11, 2008, 01:46 AM

So you're cool with your family and friends being sent to re-education camps because they follow the cannibalistic murderous Abraham (as MN so eloquantly oft said)?   Roll Eyes

As long as they are not abused sure why not. And am not even joking, if this was happening to all Pakistani families. But of course I would have to also go into the re-education camp, so as not to arouse suspicion. Plus after the re-education process might be able to bag myself some hot Muslim sisters!
     Reply #22 - December 11, 2008, 01:47 AM

I mean ex-Muslim sisters*
     Reply #23 - December 11, 2008, 01:53 AM

Make your mind up.  Either you agree with communism and Islam bashing, or you don't.

Complete myth.

Reply #24 - December 11, 2008, 02:00 AM

Complete myth.

What is?  He either agrees with any given concept or he doesn't.  He can't logically run with the hare and hunt with the hounds. so where is the myth?

Reply #25 - December 11, 2008, 02:08 AM

education camps? yes. that is a myth.

neither, ill admit, are communism and islam-bashing neccesarily mutually sympathetic.

Reply #26 - December 11, 2008, 02:16 AM

re-education camp equates to Islam bashing and communism? What kind of a woodpecker logic is that?
     Reply #27 - December 11, 2008, 02:20 AM

Ask Maryam N. what is "SUMKA" and she will tell you, see look at what neo communism has done to her.
     Reply #28 - December 11, 2008, 02:31 AM

Quote from: panoptic
    education camps? yes. that is a myth.

MN, a previous poster here, wanted all "faithheads" to be sent to re-education camps.  That is not a myth, it is a fact, go search the forum archives for his posts if you don't believe me.

Quote from: King Tut
    re-education camp equates to Islam bashing and communism?

Rounding up people on the basis of their faith, shipping them forcibly to re-education camps, and taking their children off them, equates to fascism, in my book.  And delineating the targets for that treatment on the grounds of their "muslimness" equates to Islam bashing, or worse, Nazism against muslims.

You agree with all that, and yet you still try and pretend to agree with Hassan's protest against bigotry??  FFS, Tut, either run with the hare or hunt with the hounds - you cannot do both without looking like a hypocrite or a fool.

Reply #29 - December 11, 2008, 05:00 AM

MN, a previous poster here, wanted all "faithheads" to be sent to re-education camps.  That is not a myth, it is a fact, go search the forum archives for his posts if you don't believe me.

I agree with communism... and Islam-bashing to an exent. D:

But come to think of it, he did say some nasty things.

NVM

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »