Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: BBC Reporting?

(Read 6988 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • BBC Reporting?
     OP - December 08, 2008, 10:26 AM

In the Wall Street Journal, Tom Gross draws attention to a troubling gap in the BBC's coverage of the Mumbai atrocities:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122816892289570229.html

Following the Mumbai events, we can perhaps see that antisemitism may even be at work in the way the BBC covers foreign news in general. For much of the Mumbai siege, the BBC went out of its way to avoid reporting that the Jewish community center was one of the seven targets. At one point viewers were told that ?an office building? had been targeted (referring to the Jewish center as such).

Then on Friday morning, TV pictures of Indian commandos storming the besieged Jewish center were broadcast by networks around the world. Heavily armed commandos, their faces covered by balaclavas, rappelled from helicopters onto the roof while Indian sharpshooters in buildings opposite opened fire and a helicopter circled overhead. Huge crowds of onlookers could be seen looking aghast as they watched from nearby streets. While Sky News and other channels were gripped by these dramatic pictures, BBC World was not, almost pretending there was no siege at the Jewish center -- even though by then it was one of only two sites that remained under attack in Mumbai.
  • Re: BBC Reporting?
     Reply #1 - December 08, 2008, 11:16 AM

The Beeb is over the top butt-kissing PC. Has been for ages.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - December 08, 2008, 07:37 PM

I don't think it's been revealed yet, unless I've missed something, whether the 'hostages' were killed by the attackers or their would be rescuers.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #3 - December 09, 2008, 01:27 PM

For the Jewish victims a special Israeli team was sent to collect body parts.   Following another crazy dogma about burying all the body bits together.

They will investigate the deaths.

As for the BBC, they are eroding public confidence all the time; it is only a matter of time before the taxpayer gets onto their back.
     Reply #4 - December 09, 2008, 02:43 PM

As for the BBC, they are eroding public confidence all the time; it is only a matter of time before the taxpayer gets onto their back.

Or we all stand up and refuse to renew our tv licenses!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #5 - December 09, 2008, 03:11 PM

Or we all stand up and refuse to renew our tv licenses!

You first, then.

Reply #6 - December 09, 2008, 04:26 PM

You need a license for tv in UK ?

Cheesy Cheesy

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #7 - December 09, 2008, 04:45 PM

I don't think it's been revealed yet, unless I've missed something, whether the 'hostages' were killed by the attackers or their would be rescuers.

I'm actually surprised how well the BBC manage to do despite the attempts by corporate media to undermine it. It may be a government mouthpiece but for a government mouthpiece it could be worse. There's still a semblence of objectivity in much of their reporting.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #8 - December 09, 2008, 07:30 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

Quaint ol' place over there innit.  Cheesy

Reply #9 - December 09, 2008, 07:57 PM

Yeah but, no but: You only need a TV licence for the BBC, BUT if you have a TV set in your house and you  don't watch the BBC, you still need a licence because they don't believe that you don't. Orwellian or what!

Reply #10 - December 09, 2008, 08:16 PM

Classic stuff. Shouldn't the presumption of innocence apply? If the authorities can't prove you watch the Beeb then it must be assumed that you don't. parrot

Reply #11 - December 09, 2008, 08:26 PM

They are one of the few orgs in UK whose spies can take you to court on no evidence whatsoever, except that you don't have a TV licence. Even if you don't have a TV, the presumption is that you do and it's up to you to prove you don't. Arse upwards, I think.

Reply #12 - December 09, 2008, 08:37 PM

Very. Legally dubious as well.

Reply #13 - December 09, 2008, 09:49 PM

Very. Legally dubious as well.

Sadly not in the Uk.

Reply #14 - December 09, 2008, 10:13 PM

It's a tax, really. But it means good public broadcasting.

Reply #15 - December 10, 2008, 12:12 AM

Yeah but, no but: You only need a TV licence for the BBC, BUT if you have a TV set in your house and you  don't watch the BBC, you still need a licence because they don't believe that you don't. Orwellian or what!

Don't they have vans that cruise around looking for unlicenced TVs?

Reply #16 - December 13, 2008, 08:23 PM

In the Wall Street Journal, Tom Gross draws attention to a troubling gap in the BBC's coverage of the Mumbai atrocities:

Yes I have noticed a troubling bias with BBC's reporting.
    I have been watching the BBC for many decades.

All I saw was how the poor Israeli's were suffering horrifically at the hands of Arabs.
    The thousands of attrocities commited by Israel were never reported.

Lately, they did seem to be coming a little bit towards the center.....
    (Why is that I wonder?)

... until the nasty bastard Russians didn't allow Suck Ass Willy, the Georgian President, to massacre all the South Ossetians,
    and reclaim their land.

Then, I saw all the European networks, and leaders, stick together like shit.
    And all the American networks, and leaders, stuck together even closer.

Putin:
    "I'm amazed at the ability of the west to make black seem like white, and white like black"
    (Can't remember his exact quote).

Putin now knows, what the non-white races already knew, for a very long time.
     Reply #17 - December 13, 2008, 09:09 PM

Yes I have noticed a troubling bias with BBC's reporting.
    I have been watching the BBC for many decades.

All I saw was how the poor Israeli's were suffering horrifically at the hands of Arabs.
    The thousands of attrocities commited by Israel were never reported.

They are completely pro-zionist, yes, just like the government they're a mouthpiece for.

All I was saying is I'd rather have the BBC than full-spectrum dominance by Murdoch.

Reply #18 - December 14, 2008, 01:09 AM

I'd rather have the BBC than full-spectrum dominance by Murdoch.

Definitely. Also, the BBC have released some awesome documentaries (ex. Adam Curtis).

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #19 - December 17, 2008, 03:22 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

Quaint ol' place over there innit.  Cheesy

Now I do remember growing up in India we also needed licenses for radio and tv.

Anyways, here is a site against tv licensing in Britain ..... http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #20 - December 17, 2008, 07:43 PM

True. They pull up outside your house and 'detect'. If they detect no incoming signal they assume that you've seen them out there and you've switched off your receiver (set, in normal parlance) and are cunningly secreting it in your attic or cesspit until they've gone away. They assume that every dwelling and outhouse must have a receiver and therefore are liable to buy a licence.

Reply #21 - December 18, 2008, 03:47 AM

True. They pull up outside your house and 'detect'. If they detect no incoming signal they assume that you've seen them out there and you've switched off your receiver (set, in normal parlance) and are cunningly secreting it in your attic or cesspit until they've gone away. They assume that every dwelling and outhouse must have a receiver and therefore are liable to buy a licence.

It's a trick that has been in use by intelligence agencies since the 1950s.  Every electronic device emits some kind of radio waves incidental to its operation.  And those waves can be picked up by a radio attached to a computer and the information reconstructed.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »