Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Post your desktop V2

(Read 8541 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Post your desktop V2
     Reply #30 - December 12, 2008, 01:07 PM

So what? Do you have a point or are you merely blithering?

Yes, "bits" don't really exist in physical locations, dude, did you even pay any attention in physics classes? this shit is basic Quantum mechanics, re: Copenhagen interpretation the same principle applies or more spesfically re: schrodinger's cat.   

When did I ever claim that bits existed in a physical location? The term "desktop shortcut" has a commonly understood meaning which you are pretending to not understand in the vain hope of making yourself appear to be an intellectual. It isn't working. Massive fail. Try again.

Wow, amazing you've just jumped 10 steps backward. It's not a shortcut, its a gimmick calling it a shortcut, the same memory use and time is applied to lunch the program, the shortcut does not speed the program if you access directly or from the desktop the speed is dependent on ram, processor and spinup time or RPMs on the harddisk. It's just stupid calling it a shortcut. I do understand the common meaning its a misnomer, something which I said at the start.   
     Reply #31 - December 12, 2008, 01:13 PM

Yes, "bits" don't really exist in physical locations, dude, did you even pay any attention in physics classes? this shit is basic Quantum mechanics, re: Copenhagen interpretation the same principle applies or more spesfically re: schrodinger's cat.   

When did I ever claim that bits existed in a physical location? The term "desktop shortcut" has a commonly understood meaning which you are pretending to not understand in the vain hope of making yourself appear to be an intellectual. It isn't working. Massive fail. Try again.

Wow, amazing you've just jumped 10 steps backward. It's not a shortcut, its a gimmick calling it a shortcut, the same memory use and time is applied to lunch the program, the shortcut does not speed the program if you access directly or from the desktop the speed is dependent on ram, processor and spinup time or RPMs on the harddisk. It's just stupid calling it a shortcut. I do understand the common meaning its a misnomer, something which I said at the start.

It is called a shortcut not because it speeds up the execution of a program (which it obviously doesn't) but because it provides a quick and easy method of linking to commonly used functions. This is exactly what I said earlier. You are trying to give it a different meaning and to argue against that. Logical fallacy: strawman. Massive fail. Try again.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #32 - December 12, 2008, 01:14 PM

Try again. 

No! You WIN Tut! DON`T listen to Os - DON`T try again - PLEASE!!!  cool2
     Reply #33 - December 12, 2008, 01:44 PM

It is called a shortcut not because it speeds up the execution of a program (which it obviously doesn't) but because it provides a quick and easy method of linking to commonly used functions. This is exactly what I said earlier. You are trying to give it a different meaning and to argue against that. Logical fallacy: strawman. Massive fail. Try again.  parrot

Its not a shortcut! end of story. Your ignorance is not letting you concede to this point.
     Reply #34 - December 12, 2008, 01:48 PM

Bollocks. If you can't grasp the basics of colloquial English that is your problem, not anybody else's. bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #35 - December 12, 2008, 03:13 PM

Cheerful. Cheesy

That's me, a bag of sunshine.  Afro

And Tut, I don't care how cluttered it all looks, I like it.  dance

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »