Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: holidays...

(Read 5148 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • holidays...
     OP - December 06, 2008, 06:11 PM

well, am still pining for my holidays and Gozo (Ghaudex, as the natives call it)... lovely little island.

here?s a video about Nadur, a village on Gozo, , to share it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ0Sc2YsTnM&feature=related
  • Re: holidays...
     Reply #1 - December 06, 2008, 06:34 PM

Looks lovely, Dio.  I'm getting sorely tempted to fly off somewhere hot and sunny for a week or two, its bloody freezing here and the roads are like ice rinks.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - December 06, 2008, 06:37 PM

Looks lovely, Dio.  I'm getting sorely tempted to fly off somewhere hot and sunny for a week or two, its bloody freezing here and the roads are like ice rinks.

well, I can wholeheartedly recommend Gozo for a holiday - small enough to get around on foot, even, totally safe even for a single woman, lovely scenery, wonderfully clear and warm water, friendly, non-intrusive and english-speaking natives (been an English colony long enough, so English is the second official language). But it?s not really hot now. But summer lasts from late April to late October. Oh, and they?re more catholic than the Irish, even, and their language is about as accessible as Gaelic, lol.... actually, it?s a lot like Ireland with sunshine, hehehe...
     Reply #3 - December 06, 2008, 06:45 PM

Sigh, can one feel homesick for a place, if one spent little more than two weeks there?  Cry
     Reply #4 - December 06, 2008, 06:46 PM

I hate travelling. I?d rather stay at home with a cup of tea. The place looks lovely by the way. 

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #5 - December 06, 2008, 06:49 PM

Oh, and they?re more catholic than the Irish,

That's not a difficult thing to achieve.   whistling2

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #6 - December 06, 2008, 06:50 PM

Oh, and they?re more catholic than the Irish,

That's not a difficult thing to achieve.   whistling2

well, the stereotype Irish, not you, Cheetah.  cool2
     Reply #7 - December 08, 2008, 10:06 PM

Sigh, can one feel homesick for a place, if one spent little more than two weeks there?  Cry

Yes, I believe one can  Wink

That happy night was worth them a'
    Amang the rigs wi' Annie.
     Reply #8 - December 08, 2008, 10:43 PM

Yes, I believe one can  Wink

Hey WH how u doin mate - good to cya Smiley  Afro
     Reply #9 - December 08, 2008, 11:00 PM

Hey!

Good to see your avatar and words again Hass  Smiley

Not too bad here old but!

Dog/cat sitting for various felines and senile dogs - I feel like a doorman LOL

I just popped in to see the ole place - took me a while to figure how to post.

I sent you a reply to your last at Ufascisttube - good to see you back there....

Hugs mate  Wink

Reply #10 - December 08, 2008, 11:44 PM

hay whise hevaen wats up you paki where you been?
     Reply #11 - December 09, 2008, 09:05 AM

Hello, WH! Good to see you again! Hope you are well? H&B from me. Smiley
     Reply #12 - December 09, 2008, 10:47 AM

Nadur is pretty sick reminds me of Punjab, the less urban areas. My kind of place.
     Reply #13 - December 09, 2008, 08:50 PM

I have been on my own personal Jihad - trying to find out where Islam fits in the Global plan.

I am not a physical Paki - but we are all Paki's in our heart, hey?

Good to see you are still around - how is the Job situation going now?  Smiley

Reply #14 - December 09, 2008, 08:52 PM

I missed your H&B but they did reach me by proxy.....not quite as good as the real thing but welcomed all the same.

I hope your Malta holiday went well - but not as well as last time  Wink

Reply #15 - December 10, 2008, 09:20 AM

I missed your H&B but they did reach me by proxy.....not quite as good as the real thing but welcomed all the same.

I hope your Malta holiday went well - but not as well as last time  Wink

well... no comment on H&B, hehehe... what proxy are we talking about?  mysmilie_977
    as for Malta... CERTAINLY no comment as to how "well" they went, lol... let?s just say I was an idiot and you can quote me on it . cool2 Dio bungled matters, as usual, sigh.
     Reply #16 - December 11, 2008, 01:49 AM

I have been on my own personal Jihad - trying to find out where Islam fits in the Global plan.

I am not a physical Paki - but we are all Paki's in our heart, hey?

Good to see you are still around - how is the Job situation going now?  Smiley

yeah jobs all good, been doing pretty well... Might be getting a another promotion soon.
     Reply #17 - December 13, 2008, 02:17 PM

Sigh, just found the perfect holiday house on Gozo... http://www.ongozo.com/tamikiel.htm

Reply #18 - December 13, 2008, 02:26 PM

Oooh I like it lol  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #19 - December 13, 2008, 02:29 PM

Oooh I like it lol  Tongue

It would be perfect for you and your kids - three bedrooms, three bathrooms, small pool, kitchen, sun-deck/bbq-area with lovely views... sigh, sniff. I WANNA GO!!  Cry
     Reply #20 - December 13, 2008, 02:34 PM

Cheesy Forget the kids, I was viewing that with my "dirty weekend" eyes.

Reply #21 - December 13, 2008, 02:37 PM

ahem, it would be perfect for that, too... but why limit yourself to a measly weekend? At least a whole MONTH of ... eh, well... that kinda holiday is what I need!  Cheesy (actually it would even be quite good alone... am planning a holiday there with diving lessons next year, if I can rake up the money and the nerves after the ... eh... fiasco... this year.  whistling2 )
     Reply #22 - December 13, 2008, 02:37 PM

Yeah it looks wonderful, but what does it cost ?

I didn?t see any prices anywhere and I suspect, that it is a case of if you have to ask about the price you can?t afford it.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #23 - December 13, 2008, 02:39 PM

Yeah it looks wonderful, but what does it cost ?

I didn?t see any prices anywhere and I suspect, that it is a case of if you have to ask about the price you can?t afford it.

Prices probably vary a lot according to the season. I think it?s probably around 1000 Euros per week in high season... but it?s for six people, and should be a LOT less, say, in April or so...

btw - here?s a pic of my hotel from this year:
     Reply #24 - December 13, 2008, 02:44 PM

ahem, it would be perfect for that, too... but why limit yourself to a measly weekend? At least a whole MONTH of ... eh, well... that kinda holiday is what I need!  Cheesy (actually it would even be quite good alone... am planning a holiday there with diving lessons next year, if I can rake up the money and the nerves after the ... eh... fiasco... this year.  whistling2 )

I can't squeeze a whole month into my busy schedule, but a weekend I could do.  Cheesy

Reply #25 - December 13, 2008, 02:46 PM

well, It?s not that long a flight - go for it, Berbs!  Afro
     Reply #26 - December 13, 2008, 02:49 PM

Got find a willing partner first lol and that's not so easy when you look like me.  Roll Eyes

I mean unwilling is fine too, but the airport security might think it's a bit strange if they saw me travelling with a bound and gagged man.

Reply #27 - December 13, 2008, 02:53 PM

Got find a willing partner first lol and that's not so easy when you look like me.  Roll Eyes

I mean unwilling is fine too, but the airport security might think it's a bit strange if they saw me travelling with a bound and gagged man.

berbs, don?t talk rubbish - remember I?ve seen pics of you, so fool someone else into thinking you aren?t a hot and attractive lady! If you don?t believe me, ask any of the men here, slobbering over you.  whistling2 (am sure Os only wants an invitation!  lipsrsealed)

Anyway - there?s a beach close by, and I can give you some directions...  Wink
     Reply #28 - December 13, 2008, 02:55 PM

Cheesy Nah, Os is in love with my sofa.  Cheesy

Meh, image perception sucks big time, anyway I'm cool.  I have a rabbit, I can handle it.  bunny Lmao

Reply #29 - December 13, 2008, 02:56 PM

Cheesy Nah, Os is in love with my sofa.  Cheesy

Meh, image perception sucks big time, anyway I'm cool.  I have a rabbit, I can handle it.  bunny Lmao

yaaaawwn! It?s only your self-perception that sucks!  Roll Eyes - trust me, there are LOADS of men, who would be MORE than willing to come along with you, wherever you want to go. And the locals speak English.  Wink
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »