Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey Comrades....yet another newbie...

(Read 7787 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey Comrades....yet another newbie...
     OP - December 06, 2008, 02:40 AM

Hi,

Just dropping a line to introduce myself on the forum. I already know a few people here , either personally or through other forums ( eg Hassan, Berbs , rational1), and have been meaning to start posting for nearly 2 years!

I , of course, am an apostate who now is extremely agnostic / borderline athiest. However, I am married to a quite religious wife and have a daughter. I havent told my wife  directly about my apostasy - although blasphemous comments have come out inadvertently during arguments- as I am very concerned that she would be compelled to leave me and take our daughter if I "came out".

It's great to have a good forum like this to keep in touch with other ex-muslims unlike the bigoted crap over at FF.

Hope to be posting again soon!

Humanoid

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

-George Dennison Prentice
  • Re: Hey Comrades....yet another newbie...
     Reply #1 - December 06, 2008, 02:43 AM

Welcome Humanoid!! signwelcome I'm not an apostate of Islam, but am here because muslims can frustrate me lol, and I found this website by accident and many people here have the same view as me. So were you a convert to Islam or born into it?

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #2 - December 06, 2008, 02:44 AM

Welcome.

I hope you act for the best.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #3 - December 06, 2008, 02:52 AM

Welcome Humanoid!! signwelcome I'm not an apostate of Islam, but am here because muslims can frustrate me lol, and I found this website by accident and many people here have the same view as me. So were you a convert to Islam or born into it?

I was a "born" muslim living in England. My story is complicated but, in short, parents are originally from from North India and my wife is also from India but she is of "pure" Egyptian ancestory ...whatever that means  Huh?

We are in favor of tolerance, but it is a very difficult thing to tolerate the intolerant and impossible to tolerate the intolerable.

Reply #4 - December 06, 2008, 07:33 AM

Welcome. I wonder, what kind of blaspemous slips?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #5 - December 06, 2008, 10:10 AM

Hi,

Just dropping a line to introduce myself on the forum. I already know a few people here , either personally or through other forums ( eg Hassan, Berbs , rational1), and have been meaning to start posting for nearly 2 years!

I , of course, am an apostate who now is extremely agnostic / borderline athiest. However, I am married to a quite religious wife and have a daughter. I havent told my wife  directly about my apostasy - although blasphemous comments have come out inadvertently during arguments- as I am very concerned that she would be compelled to leave me and take our daughter if I "came out".

It's great to have a good forum like this to keep in touch with other ex-muslims unlike the bigoted crap over at FF.

Hope to be posting again soon!

Humanoid

Great to see you here at last my friend  Afro

party!
     Reply #6 - December 06, 2008, 10:36 AM

Welcome, Humanoid. Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - December 06, 2008, 02:02 PM

Welcome.

I hope you act for the best.

By which I meant: I hope you do what is best (for yourself and others).

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #8 - December 06, 2008, 03:19 PM

Welcome Humanoid,

what kind of blasphemous things will come out from you?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #9 - December 06, 2008, 03:41 PM

Welcome Humanoid, good to see you have finally started to make use of your account here.  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #10 - December 06, 2008, 04:22 PM

btw Humanoid, sorry I didn't get back to you after your phone call the other day - I said was going to look up how the word Curse (La'ana) is explained in the various classical Tafseers for you, but they are all over at my brothers house at the moment as I have moved to a new house and haven't yet brought all my bookshelves and books over yet.

I will look it up once I get them back  Afro
     Reply #11 - December 06, 2008, 04:35 PM

Hello and welcome fellow Indian.

my wife is also from India but she is of "pure" Egyptian ancestory ...whatever that means  Huh?

Cheesy Cheesy  There is no such thing as pure ancestory in India, we are all Mutts.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #12 - December 06, 2008, 05:30 PM

hi

"bigoted crap over at FF" What's FF?

oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, this is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!"
     Reply #13 - December 06, 2008, 05:44 PM

"bigoted crap over at FF" What's FF?

"faith freedom", another forum/site.

Reply #14 - December 06, 2008, 06:47 PM

btw Humanoid, sorry I didn't get back to you after your phone call the other day - I said was going to look up how the word Curse (La'ana) is explained in the various classical Tafseers for you, but they are all over at my brothers house at the moment as I have moved to a new house and haven't yet brought all my bookshelves and books over yet.

I will look it up once I get them back  Afro

no problemo! hope you're well anyway....take it easy Hass.

Reply #15 - December 06, 2008, 09:00 PM

Hi, Humanoid, I know how you feel. Welcome.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #16 - December 07, 2008, 06:20 AM

Well shouting that she believed in "fairy tales"  when she said our problems were due to my not performing salah.
    I also ridiculed the notion that Muhammed had "bartered" Allah  down from 50 salah to 5 salats a day.

Reply #17 - December 07, 2008, 06:23 AM

Are you are an ex-muslim too , or an apostate of another religion?

Reply #18 - December 07, 2008, 08:25 AM

Well shouting that she believed in "fairy tales"  when she said our problems were due to my not performing salah.
    I also ridiculed the notion that Muhammed had "bartered" Allah  down from 50 salah to 5 salats a day.

If you're in the mood for a little exploring, check out the chapter of Genesis in the Bible, specifically chapter 18, verses 22-33. There you will find an suspiciously similar story. Seems God is in the habit of cutting deals with his prophets. Roll Eyes

Though it has no bridge,
    The cloud climbs up to heaven;
    It does not seek the aid
    Of Gautama's sutras.

- Ikkyu
     Reply #19 - December 07, 2008, 09:37 AM

Abe arguing with God about the fate of Sodom and G-Town right? I liked that bit.

Reply #20 - December 07, 2008, 03:06 PM

Are you are an ex-muslim too , or an apostate of another religion?

Born into Anglicanism, so I'm kind of lucky really; it's been some time now since Christians killed one another in the UK purely for religious foibles. But as soon as I could think independently I steeled myself for that great parachute jump into the unknown. And, know what, I only fell about 1". That was 47 years ago, before Atheism became a fashionable career move.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »