Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Researching "Apostasy".

(Read 4058 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Researching "Apostasy".
     OP - December 03, 2008, 11:15 AM

Dear Ex Muslims.

I have posted previously regarding some research into women leaving Islam.

I am now opening the gates and would like to chat to any and all ex-muslims about their stories.

If you are willing to chat about your leaving Islam and its repercussions in your life (ideally phone) and maybe even meet up please PM me and I will send you my contact details including email and telephone.

Please do not hesitate to PM me any questions!

Cheers!
  • Re: Researching "Apostasy".
     Reply #1 - December 03, 2008, 11:32 AM

Just wondering, do you really expect ex Muslims, particularly girls to meet up or give out there contact telephone number?

I'd be skeptical.

Just sayin'.
     Reply #2 - December 03, 2008, 11:33 AM

Dear Ex Muslims.

I am now opening the gates and would like to chat to any and all ex-muslims about their stories.

If you are willing to chat about your leaving Islam and its repercussions in your life (ideally phone) and maybe even meet up please PM me and I will send you my contact details including email and telephone.

Cheers!

Whats it going to be used for?  Huh?
     Reply #3 - December 03, 2008, 11:59 AM

Wankin'. I dunno. Tongue

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #4 - December 03, 2008, 12:02 PM

Wankin'. I dunno. Tongue

Awais, you wanna blog with me and another person from this forum? PM me if your interested.
     Reply #5 - December 03, 2008, 12:14 PM

Funny you should ask after that comment...

Thank you for holding me in such high regard, but I'm not interested. Was thinking about starting my own. I'll let you when I'm ready to share it.

Reply #6 - December 03, 2008, 12:20 PM

Funny you should ask after that comment...

Thank you for holding me in such high regard, but I'm not interested. Was thinking about starting my own. I'll let you when I'm ready to share it.

Yeah sure no worries, let me know I will add you to my blog roll and get you some hits.
     Reply #7 - December 03, 2008, 12:27 PM

I'm not interested in hits, getting a readership, fanbase, or any of that. It'll just be my notes that I share. Should they be interesting enough to gain that or whatever, then so be.

I need to kill my ego before I think about starting a blog. I'm not that great, what should I matter for someone to read my thoughts?

(I need to join 'thread hijackers anonymous')

Reply #8 - December 03, 2008, 05:03 PM

Who gives a shit, so what if you have an ego, I mean why conform to what society expects? and this ultra-submissiveness metaphysical crap? of being "humble" lol just don't understand some pepole.
     Reply #9 - December 03, 2008, 07:05 PM

I'm not interested in hits, getting a readership, fanbase, or any of that. It'll just be my notes that I share. Should they be interesting enough to gain that or whatever, then so be.

I need to kill my ego before I think about starting a blog. I'm not that great, what should I matter for someone to read my thoughts?

I know what you mean but you shouldn't think of it as ego - it is about sharing and giving voice to the many who cannot make their voice heard - and hopefully changing things for the better.

Ego or no ego - should we stay silent or try and make a difference?
     Reply #10 - December 03, 2008, 07:08 PM

Dear Ex Muslims.

Cheers!

Could you tell us more about yourself and the reasons you are doing this, please.

If you have already done so, could you post the link - thanks! Smiley
     Reply #11 - December 03, 2008, 07:09 PM

Quote from: awais

Aka the Council of ex-muslims. piggy

I bet your blog would be more interesting than at least half the blogs out there.  I'd read it anyway.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #12 - December 03, 2008, 07:48 PM

Dear Ex Muslims.

Cheers!

R u a h0t b4b3? if so thn c0un7 m3 |n!

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #13 - December 04, 2008, 12:46 PM

Hi there,

Me again!

I work in telly and have written a few articles. When I originally posted it was in regards to a documentary i was trying to get made regarding Muslim women. It hasn't received funding yet so that has been put on the back burner.

Originally I had spoken to Maryam Namazie (months ago now) and she had suggested the forums as the best place to contact ex-muslims. I realise the sometimes difficult and horrific things people have to do to simply express their lack of belief so I'm hoping that's why there is cynicism towards my post.

I'm currently working on writing my first book, which I am happy to tell any of you about in a PM. I am also female and don't feel comfortable putting my personal email or telephone number on public forums. I realise that people may be wary of PMing me with their details, but at the same time, a simple PM saying "hi there, I'm intrigued" or something similar will allow me send you all of my information including more details about me and the book. (which may end up being rubbish and not getting published).

I am really at the very beginning of my research and have only written a few pages in a few different chapters. You will be asked about the level of anonymity you wish to have. All the people I have spoken to so far, except one, have chosen to be anonymous and have been given pseudonyms.

The book is roughly about the rules and freedoms in Islam in various areas. Therefore talking to people who have left Islam (and I've spoken to one so far) would be very interesting. I can obviously try and pursue that one contributor but, I would like someone who was older when they decided Islam wasn't for them. (He was 13!)

I hope this email helps you, which in turn, helps me.
     Reply #14 - December 04, 2008, 07:14 PM

PM me with some details and I?ll have a word with hyou. Whowever, unlike sopmepw people on this forum, i?ve not told my most immediate family so I?ve nto ahad a massive backlash against my apostasy yet. I dunno if this mamkes me an unworkth y subject!

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #15 - December 04, 2008, 07:46 PM

People here are understandably cautious RedPoppy.

I have no problem talking to you if Maryam says you are OK.

I will PM you.
     Reply #16 - December 04, 2008, 10:31 PM

I mean why conform to what society expects?

Says the `cultural` Muslim.

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »