Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blogs and drinks

(Read 15206 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Blogs and drinks
     Reply #90 - November 30, 2008, 10:42 PM

Iggy, I've been reading that blog for a bit. I agree that it's good and I'm going to add it to my blogroll. I also found some other good ones that I've already added. But they are few and far between, sadly.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
     Reply #91 - December 01, 2008, 03:15 AM

I'm trying to publicise my blog through other ex-muslim blogs, but I can't seem to find any decent or half intelligent ones that are not right wing apart from a couple. Has anyone esle noticed this abotu ex-Muslim blogs?

Yes, I have. In fact I find the internet as a whole presents a rather unbalanced and lopsided view of most things to do with Islam - it's either rabid hatred against Islam or rabid hatred in the name of Islam.

I have long said that the internet is crying out for moderate voices.

Most critics of islam either never lived in it, either lived too close to it.

For the First group they find it hard to differentiate the good from the bad.

For the Second group, are dhimmis, Second class citizens in their own homes, they have been exposed to the long term effects of islam and as such had been exposed to a demonic form of the baal allah: An ilah with the upper hand.

Now I find today a new, although rare, type of Western muslims who leave islam for 'ideological' reasons. Being western, they look at islam as just another ideology that you can choose to belong to or not. Being Western also mean they never had to live and work and drive and get arrested and goto a hospital and get old in the dredges of an islamic-run system. Being western means that their muslim families went to good schools, got good jobs, live good probably happy lives.

I lie more in the Second group, my issue sums up as follows, I had a good life in my home country, yet I had to leave it behind because of islam. If islam becomes a majority here as well, where will I run away the next time?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #92 - December 01, 2008, 07:54 AM

I'm trying to publicise my blog through other ex-muslim blogs, but I can't seem to find any decent or half intelligent ones that are not right wing apart from a couple. Has anyone esle noticed this abotu ex-Muslim blogs?

Yes, I have. In fact I find the internet as a whole presents a rather unbalanced and lopsided view of most things to do with Islam - it's either rabid hatred against Islam or rabid hatred in the name of Islam.

For the Second group, are dhimmis, Second class citizens in their own homes, they have been exposed to the long term effects of islam and as such had been exposed to a demonic form of the baal allah: An ilah with the upper hand.

Now I find today a new, although rare, type of Western muslims who leave islam for 'ideological' reasons. Being western, they look at islam as just another ideology that you can choose to belong to or not. Being Western also mean they never had to live and work and drive and get arrested and goto a hospital and get old in the dredges of an islamic-run system. Being western means that their muslim families went to good schools, got good jobs, live good probably happy lives.

I lie more in the Second group, my issue sums up as follows, I had a good life in my home country, yet I had to leave it behind because of islam. If islam becomes a majority here as well, where will I run away the next time?

Our experiences are the defining factor on how we see Islam as a whole. We see everything through the prism of our personal experience. This can often throw our perception off balance a bit.
     Reply #93 - December 03, 2008, 12:47 AM

Hey, thanks for that Iggy - it looks v interesting. I've book-marked it to read more later  Afro

No problemo.  Smiley

Iggy, I've been reading that blog for a bit. I agree that it's good and I'm going to add it to my blogroll. I also found some other good ones that I've already added. But they are few and far between, sadly.

Hey, I read the parent/authority post and I think it was mighty good. Totally agree.  piggy
    Are you an anarchist by any chance? Cool

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #94 - December 03, 2008, 07:21 PM

Me? An anarchist? Hehe. No, I just believe in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
     Reply #95 - December 03, 2008, 10:58 PM

Our experiences are the defining factor on how we see Islam as a whole. We see everything through the prism of our personal experience. This can often throw our perception off balance a bit.

What worries me are the ones who do not have a lot of personal experience. the old saying, too little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I am not worried about islam being hurt by them. Even muslims are not at a danger from them. (The BNP has 10,000 active members + passive members, big deal).

I am more concerned about them causing islam to become stronger and more entrenched. The stronger this islam thingie gets the more it obscure the line between religion and state the more hostages it gets to hold from birth to death.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »