Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Karma?

(Read 12888 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Karma?
     Reply #30 - November 18, 2008, 03:39 PM

I'm sorry to have to point out, Jack, that I'm not the one who's guilty of waffling here. I cannot entertain the remotest possibility of an entity for which there is absolutely no evidence or even need.

Oh right, so if neilcheers says he can't entertain a concept, he can inform all and sundry that his conclusion is fact? How about admitting that you're not the smartest guy in the world and that the fact that you can't entertain such a thought means zilch?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #31 - November 18, 2008, 03:43 PM

Which particular god is it, by the way, that you're uncertain of and that you would like me to at least not rule out? There are thousands to take your pick from.

Perhaps you'd like me to say that half a dozen specific gods are possible, so I don't really know? Maybe just Thor and Zeus? Maybe the entire pantheon? Maybe just Egyptian gods of specific era -- or an elephant god or perhaps one from Easter Island or Yaweh and Allah or one of the several hundred great white spirits of the Native American tribes?

So which god would you like me to provide evidence against? I'm spoiled for choice.

Neil

I refer to any type of God. So no, I don't need you to specify certain Gods. I am asking you for the conclusive bit of evidence that provided you with your remarkable insight though. Evidence that isn't based on simply your gut feeling. Just as that doesn't provide proof of God's existence.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #32 - November 18, 2008, 03:46 PM

is life without god or religion or anytype of faith a bit depressing? Cry

don't we all need some sort of meaning in life be it islam, politics or liquor?

Not neil, because he has a gut feeling he is right and because he has found no convincing evidence. If that's not proof enough, I don't know what is Cheesy

Ha Ha.
     Reply #33 - November 18, 2008, 03:47 PM

What the bejaysus has this little spat got to do with Karma? Stick to the topic or open your own thread please. thnkyu
     Reply #34 - November 18, 2008, 03:54 PM

What the bejaysus has this little spat got to do with Karma? Stick to the topic or open your own thread please. thnkyu

It's got a lot to do with karma, seeing as karma is associated with rebirth. But yeah, it's a bit of a tangent.
    Sorry, Jack.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #35 - November 18, 2008, 03:56 PM

Jack,
    May I ask you what do you believe in now?
    As I have seen you having differences with Christians, Muslims and Atheists, I think what you believe should be different to them.

It's got a lot to do with karma, seeing as karma is associated with rebirth. But yeah, it's a bit of a tangent.
    Sorry, Jack.

Reply #36 - November 18, 2008, 04:03 PM

Jack,
    May I ask you what do you believe in now?
    As I have seen you having differences with Christians, Muslims and Atheists, I think what you believe should be different to them.

I have differences with anyone who claims to have conclusive proof. What I believe in now is what I've always believed in, that we're slap bang in the middle of a mystery and it's up to us, individually, to try and work it out if we want to.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #37 - November 18, 2008, 04:07 PM

Sorry, Jack.

Found a new target Jack?

Cheers, berbs.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #38 - November 18, 2008, 04:09 PM

Sorry, Jack.

Found a new target Jack?

Cheers, berbs.

Smiley

He's not a 'target'. we're one big happy family discussing an issue Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #39 - November 18, 2008, 06:21 PM

***How about admitting that you're not the smartest guy in the world and that the fact that you can't entertain such a thought means zilch?***

I'm cool with that, Jack. Consider both these points quite valid and not anything I would dispute. On the other hand the total lack of evidence for a claim means that you cannot write off utter disbelief as a mere 'gut feeling'. If anyone has a 'gut feeling' (a belief based on absolutely zero evidence), it's the theist.  Bruce is right, though, we've hijacked his thread and should maybe duke it out in another. Sorry, Bruce. Very best. Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #40 - November 18, 2008, 06:38 PM

***How about admitting that you're not the smartest guy in the world and that the fact that you can't entertain such a thought means zilch?***

I'm cool with that, Jack.

Seemed like you were stating something as a certainty, if you weren't then I misread you.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #41 - November 18, 2008, 07:36 PM

How many people believe that what you do has some sort of come back? What goes around comes around?

That if you do good, it will come back to you sometime somewhere?

That if you do bad - it will rebound on you - sometime - someplace?

Is there a cosmic force that brings about some sort of justice and balance in the universe we live in?

Or is there nothing? No cosmic justice for those who got none in this world? No recognition for the little bits of good you do when no-one sees? No come-back for the evil?

I think the only 'comeback' happens/doesn't happen is when you do something that affects the survival of your genes.
    as for the Cosmic this, that and the other : what is that exactly?
    From experience at  the practical level, I know that if you do someone a good turn, they are far more likely to do you a good one in return. Conversely, if you do 'em a bad one, not only will they do you a bad one in return, they will actively gang up on you with all the people you've pissed off to do you an even worse one. That's what I call instant Karma!

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #42 - November 18, 2008, 07:38 PM

From experience at  the practical level, I know that if you do someone a good turn, they are far more likely to do you a good one in return. Conversely, if you do 'em a bad one, not only will they do you a bad one in return, they will actively gang up on you with all the people you've pissed off to do you an even worse one. That's what I call instant Karma!

Well that's not always the case is it  Wink, there are many people who are way too forgiving of all the bad things done to them, so no karma is dished back out.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #43 - November 18, 2008, 07:41 PM

How many people believe that what you do has some sort of come back? What goes around comes around?

That if you do good, it will come back to you sometime somewhere?

That if you do bad - it will rebound on you - sometime - someplace?

Is there a cosmic force that brings about some sort of justice and balance in the universe we live in?

Or is there nothing? No cosmic justice for those who got none in this world? No recognition for the little bits of good you do when no-one sees? No come-back for the evil?

I think the only 'comeback' happens/doesn't happen is when you do something that affects the survival of your genes.
    as for the Cosmic this, that and the other : what is that exactly?

Perhaps if one wanted to watch karma in motion, all you'd have is look around and examine the various dramas going on in your life at the moment.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #44 - November 18, 2008, 07:56 PM

Tell me about it, Jack!

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »