Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: dance everyone

(Read 5427 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • dance everyone
     OP - November 17, 2008, 12:39 AM

thought i would introduce my self in a slightly different way,

Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    An if I stay it will be double
    So come on and let me know

dance dance dance

i started questioning my faith when i realize that it didn't relay fit into the life i was living. the people, mostly non-Muslim football fanatics and my beautiful misuses, that i hung around with are not bad people but according to the book they would burn. not relay fair when you think of all the religious folk that are fucking mental.

Another problem i have had is that Islam, and most religions don't relay fit into a political understanding that i have developed. for me its the opium of the masses and divider of class and all that Marxist shizzle. none the less would still consider my self as a Muslim in the same way as my Irish catholic pals would describe themselves as catholic.

i got a couple of questions, has politics and in particualar marxist teachings influnced anyones opions on relgion here?

secondly, does any one here still refer to themselves as muslim?

thirdly, just looking around on the board there seems to be a whole lota hostilely towards Islam, why is that? for me anyway being Muslim is what i am in so much is that is how i was born.

mo chara from McLenin Afro dance

• Re: dance everyone
     Reply #1 - November 17, 2008, 01:58 AM

Welcome Lenin. Nice intro Smiley

has politics and in particualar marxist teachings influnced anyones opions on relgion here?

For me, no.

secondly, does any one here still refer to themselves as muslim?

I do. Because, "If I go there will be trouble." If I 'stay' it won't be so much though. Smiley I dunno. I'm funny. As an ex-muslim, I've still got the word muslim in my qualifier. So maybe I consider myself an agnostic muslim, a secular muslim, a cultural muslim, an atheist muslim. I welcome contradiction. Here I am, on a forum of ex-muslims, still talking about Islam and muslims.

thirdly, just looking around on the board there seems to be a whole lota hostilely towards Islam, why is that?

Well, this is a forum of ex-muslims... We are not hostile towards muslims (as you can see if you look at many of our arguments with those who are)... I don't think any of the 'hostility' displayed here is as unwarranted as you will find in other places though...

-Awais

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - November 17, 2008, 04:26 AM

Hi Lenin.  parrot  I'm more of a Stalin fan myself. Me and ol' Josef have a lot in common.  Wink

Anway,...........

has politics and in particular marxist teachings influenced anyone's opinions on religion here?

Nope. Marxism is batshit (the opiate of the "intellectuals"). Religion is batshit.  Cheesy

does any one here still refer to themselves as muslim?

The Muslim members do. They're kinda funny like that.  yes

there seems to be a whole lota hostilely towards Islam, why is that?

Well, it's kinda like this:

the people, mostly non-Muslim football fanatics and my beautiful misuses, that i hung around with are not bad people but according to the book they would burn. not relay fair when you think of all the religious folk that are fucking mental.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - November 17, 2008, 04:47 AM

Hello and welcome Lenin.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #4 - November 17, 2008, 09:51 AM

osmanthus, don't most religions dam people to hell if you do not accept their absolute truth. my experience from Catholics( big C not little c) ?

i was also wondering if a lot of people here would actually consider themselves atheists or do people believe in god and not organised religion?

i find myself in the latter category and would say i got personal relationship with the big man and shall make penance but not in a church, mosque or synagogue! Don't see the need for people.( not going to get shot down now by fundamentalist ex-Muslims am i? get enough of that from fully fledged Muslims whistling2 lol)

glad you liked my slightly tipsy introduction dance
     Reply #5 - November 17, 2008, 09:56 AM

Yeah most religions are like that, which isn't exactly an endearing trait.  Wink  We have a mixture here. Fair whack of atheists, some agnostics and some religious types. Whatever turns you on, hey. parrot

Reply #6 - November 17, 2008, 10:00 AM

sounds like a kinky orgy .... or is at just mee Huh?

anyway its off to work
     Reply #7 - November 17, 2008, 10:00 AM

Nope, it isn't just you. Kinky orgies r us. bunny

Reply #8 - November 17, 2008, 10:23 AM

osmanthus, don't most religions dam people to hell if you do not accept their absolute truth. my experience from Catholics( big C not little c) ?

Misconception.

Most Catholics, whichever casing of 'C' they may use, don't know the Catholic position on this regard and probably add the burning in hell thing to just put the frighteners on you. In much the same way your Muslim friends might.

Check out a recent posting of mine in the thread 'Why does the world make more sense when you take God out of the equation.'

As I don't know my way around the forum's functionality that well Os may be kind enough to direct you to it if he can.

And by the way Welcome.
     Reply #9 - November 17, 2008, 10:26 AM

Click on your profile and straight under the list of info is a link saying "Show the most recent posts of this person".

Reply #10 - November 17, 2008, 12:47 PM

thirdly, just looking around on the board there seems to be a whole lota hostilely towards Islam, why is that? for me anyway being Muslim is what i am in so much is that is how i was born.

Hi Lenin Smiley

Hostility? I am a little surprised you say that. I thought the tone of this forum is more  reasonable discussion and criticism - than hostility?

Is that how you see the posts here?
     Reply #11 - November 17, 2008, 12:50 PM

I think it is the criticism of Islam that is being taken as hostile, although tbh I am hostile towards Islam  Cheesy, but the majority of the ex muslims who use this forum are not as hostile as I am about their former deen. 

Anyway welcome lenin.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #12 - November 18, 2008, 01:42 AM

i wouldn't relay describe it has hostility, it just seems like that to an outsider. probably more to do with my relationship with Islam not being as negative. it seems that a lot of people have had relay difficult times. i think hostility was the wrong word, expression of pain an anguish better explain the general feeling on this board?

for me, not relay ever being part of any Muslim community has made thinking outside the box a lot easier. Like i said in my first post politics (and to a degree football as well as the misuses) has had a bigger impact on my distancing myself from Islam. However, it seems like theres a lot of people who have been to hell and back because of Islam. is that a fair judgment?

o btw those videos of urs hassan are relay interesting, is your experiances reflective of a lot of people here or have people gone through even tougher stuff?  i could only imagine what its like to feel so alone.

on a lighter note its brilliant seeing people saying welcome lenin and hi lenin. it makes me giggle seeing lenin like that Cheesy

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »