Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: IJS confronts woman about not wearing Hijab

(Read 9138 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • IJS confronts woman about not wearing Hijab
     OP - November 16, 2008, 05:09 PM

This is typical of self-righteous pricks like IJS who think they have a God-given right to interfere in the lives of other Muslims.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzvWDLugRE
  • Re: IJS confronts woman about not wearing Hijab
     Reply #1 - November 16, 2008, 06:54 PM

The guy is a smug , self satisfied moron. Did you notice that the first half was more cut than film. I bet they had a real job on, stitching that lot together.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #2 - November 16, 2008, 07:42 PM

What an arrogant prick. Why doesn't he wear a kufi or a shemagh 24/7? Or just shut the fuck up.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #3 - November 16, 2008, 08:01 PM

Or just shut the fuck up.

I wish she had said that to him. It would have been great viewing lol  Afro

Unfortunately - like most ordinary Muslims - she just allowed him to get away with bullying her.
     Reply #4 - November 17, 2008, 01:10 AM

I had to stop it halfway through it was so painful.  Well, in the sense that here is yet another arrogant, nasty Muslim, self righteousness all the way up his arse hassling a girl about a scarf and picking out young Asian dudes to hassle about why they're Muslim.

If Muslims spent half as much energy on raising money for the poor as they do on hijaab, they could make such a difference.  I got so sick of this issue being on the agenda and never changing. Realising that Muslims aren't likely to change, despite all the big talk, was a big moment for me.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #5 - November 17, 2008, 01:24 AM

Anyone mind if I bitch-slap him for being a smirking jackass?

She looked like she was ready to cry.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #6 - November 17, 2008, 04:40 AM

He's a twat. Always has been. Aren't Muslim men supposed to cover their heads and wear a beard? Why didn't he hassle the young blokes about that instead of just picking on the girl about a scarf?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #7 - November 17, 2008, 07:28 AM

As much as she seemed unsure of her own faith, that guy was a cocky little prick.

About judgement and what people think - he said it should only matter what Allah thinks of her. Well then why are you fucking picking at her you dickhead?!  finmad
     Reply #8 - November 17, 2008, 07:39 AM

Have you seen some of his other vids?  whistling2

Reply #9 - November 17, 2008, 07:49 AM

They always think that the jewellry/diamond comparison somehow makes the whole hijab thing more appealing to women, but when you think about it they are simply telling you to be a material possession and that your rarity in ownership is pretty much all you will be chosen for.

Poor girl, when she was answering the question she was arguing all the arguements with herself.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #10 - November 17, 2008, 08:00 AM

Oh his "logic" is utter crap. For a start using the example of fake jewelry and real jewelry as an analogy for two women (both of whom are presumably "real") is teh stoopid. Then if the customers were honest there'd be no need to lock up the real jewelry (ie: it aint the jewelry that has the problem) and anyway if he thinks not covering her head makes a women "cheap" or "fake" then he's a blithering twat. Oh, hang on. We knew that already. grin12 

Reply #11 - November 17, 2008, 08:16 AM

In agreement with all the above. The most telling point, though, I think, is that all three interviewees claimed to have been 'born' Muslim. It doesn't take a Dawkins to point out that human beings are born babies ... not Muslim, Hindu, Roman Catholic, Mormon, Communist, Republican or white supremacist. That takes subsequent indocrination. Babies are born with human default conditions ... which, of course, include atheism. Neil

PS: Apologies that only after posting this did I come across the thread on Fitrah, the potty notion that everyone on earth is born a Muslim. My point above is covered there, but I'll let it stand here anyway because maybe it isn't altogether irrelevant. N

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #12 - November 17, 2008, 08:31 AM

Oh, of course, women are equal to men in Islam. Of course.

That's why, so often and commonly, they are compared to material items like jewelery. Of course that isn't objectification of women.

I want the guy to interview me so that I can use that microphone of his to rip him a new asshole.

[/endrant]
     Reply #13 - November 17, 2008, 08:37 AM

YouTube it. Me wanna watch. parrot

Reply #14 - November 17, 2008, 08:40 AM

Actually the girl he was interviewing should have fought back a bit. I mean he was basically saying she was worthless because she wasn't wearing a scarf. If she'd confronted him with that I bet he would have backpedaled like hell.

Reply #15 - November 17, 2008, 08:56 AM

Hi Heartbomb and Osmanthus: I'm with you. But perhaps this poor lass was too much of a good Muslim to be so disrespectful to a man as to disagree or criticise tit-for-tat, far less to demonstrate a more fitting position for his microphone. I guess if you are indoctrinated into thinking a man's value is exactly double your own, you've got to hold your tongue at times. Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #16 - November 17, 2008, 09:05 AM

Hi Heartbomb and Osmanthus: I'm with you. But perhaps this poor lass was too much of a good Muslim to be so disrespectful to a man as to disagree or criticise tit-for-tat, far less to demonstrate a more fitting position for his microphone. I guess if you are indoctrinated into thinking a man's value is exactly double your own, you've got to hold your tongue at times. Neil

I think she was just a dumb yank dying to get to the mall to buy some more crap. She won't give the hijab a second of her attention after twat head fucked off.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #17 - November 17, 2008, 10:36 AM

I think she was just a dumb yank dying to get to the mall to buy some more crap. She won't give the hijab a second of her attention after twat head fucked off.

Exactly right.

She's not respectful if she doesn't disagree or criticise tit-for-tat, she's afraid. She's afraid to be judged by someone other than her Allah.
     Reply #18 - November 17, 2008, 11:17 AM

That's not nice. Tongue

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #19 - November 17, 2008, 11:30 AM

I think you're wrong, just listening to her really long answer about the hijab you could see she has questioned it before and will do again.  She basically went through an inner debate in her reply, a very "yeah but no but yeah but no but" arguement that most muslim women will go through in their head in stages through their life.

She will definately think about it again, she will continue to think about it right up until she does it or eventually dies having never done it, but it will play in her mind unless she eventually leaves Islam.

Reply #20 - November 17, 2008, 12:05 PM

In agreement with all the above. The most telling point, though, I think, is that all three interviewees claimed to have been 'born' Muslim. It doesn't take a Dawkins to point out that human beings are born babies ... not Muslim, Hindu, Roman Catholic, Mormon, Communist, Republican or white supremacist. That takes subsequent indocrination. Babies are born with human default conditions ... which, of course, include atheism. Neil

You are quite right, Neil. I wasn't sure whether to start my own video with the words "I was born Muslim..." but I decided I would since most of those listening would know what I meant (I was born into a Muslim family, background, etc...) and would relate to that.

Reply #21 - November 17, 2008, 12:12 PM

I think you're wrong, just listening to her really long answer about the hijab you could see she has questioned it before and will do again.  She basically went through an inner debate in her reply, a very "yeah but no but yeah but no but" arguement that most muslim women will go through in their head in stages through their life.

She will definately think about it again, she will continue to think about it right up until she does it or eventually dies having never done it, but it will play in her mind unless she eventually leaves Islam.

I agree with you Berbs. Like most Muslims who don't do all the stuff they think they have to she'll just feel guilty and that she's a 'bad Muslim'

Few have got the guts to stand up for themselves and say - "I don't wear Hijab coz I don't believe I have to - so fuck off!"
     Reply #22 - November 17, 2008, 06:19 PM

Few have got the guts to stand up for themselves and say - "I don't wear Hijab coz I don't believe I have to - so fuck off!"

Just as many probably don't want to, there's a lot of shallow people who feel they have a 'special' relationship with God that allows them to 'do things their way'. They seem happy with that.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #23 - November 17, 2008, 08:20 PM

Just as many probably don't want to, there's a lot of shallow people who feel they have a 'special' relationship with God that allows them to 'do things their way'. They seem happy with that.

God that is sooooo true lol  Cheesy I know people like that, and of course whatever floats their boat.

Reply #24 - November 17, 2008, 08:34 PM

God that is sooooo true lol  Cheesy I know people like that, and of course whatever floats their boat.

One of my nieces is a shining example of one! They're easy to spot out an about too, usually a splendid mix of fashionable and trad Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #25 - November 18, 2008, 10:48 PM

Or she could have simply been caught off guard by a prick with a camera in a mall, and found it difficult to articulate herself.  It's easy enough for us to stand our grounds on here, but when it blind-sides us on the spot... a lot of people find themselves wondering "I should have said this or that..."
     Reply #26 - November 19, 2008, 07:34 AM

Or she could have simply been caught off guard by a prick with a camera in a mall, and found it difficult to articulate herself.  It's easy enough for us to stand our grounds on here, but when it blind-sides us on the spot... a lot of people find themselves wondering "I should have said this or that..."

True.
     Reply #27 - November 19, 2008, 07:36 AM

Who is this IJS fruit? I think he deserves a dry slap.

He reminds me of some of the more righteous "Brothers" I used to work with.

I used to work with a load of Afghans, Somalians, Turks and Pakistanis on a nightshift in a cab station.

Most of them identified as Muslims but they didn't pray, instead they drank coffee, chewed copious amounts of khat, smoked like chimneys and talked bollo all night long. It was good fun but khat can drive you mad. I will stick to beer from now on.

The really religious "brothers" bullied the the more relaxed guys in exactly the same condescending way as this IJS git.

I must say I hated the smug way the devout guys acted. They had an air of superiority and separated themselves in so many ways from how they dressed to how they did their jobs. Allowances had to be made for prayer times and they refused to pick up drunk or gay customers.

Anyway to see a 25 year old guy with a beard all holier than thou lecturing a room full of 30 and 40 year olds was absurd, the thing is they all put up with it. 
     Reply #28 - November 19, 2008, 07:41 AM

the thing is they all put up with it. 

That's the problem.

People who shouldn't be given the time of day - are treated like they are God's personal representative.
     Reply #29 - November 19, 2008, 10:47 AM

Ugh!  It was almost PAINFUL to watch that poor girl trying to respond to that arsehole!  I was screaming at my computer screen when watching the vid the other night.  BTW have you watched the other clip posted on YouTube by the same outfit, Dawahworks where the same arsehole confronts another 'born Muslim' woman about why she is not wearing hijab?  Although just as inarticulate as the first girl she asserted herself a bit more about individual choice.  The comments added by the editors truly shows how much regard they give to women who do not follow 'their' brand of Islam.

I would just LOVE to meet these clowns in my local mall one of these days, I'd certainly give them a piece of mind!  NO hesitation!!!  piggy

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »