Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How to handle failures

(Read 2660 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How to handle failures
     OP - November 12, 2008, 11:09 AM

Hi ppl,
    What do you do when you repeatedly fail to do something so so simple. You try every possible means, but you still can't achieve it. What you want to achieve is not really something great, it is just normal for 99.99% ppl.
    How do you handle it?

thnkyu in advance
  • Re: How to handle failures
     Reply #1 - November 12, 2008, 11:14 AM

Well I've been incredibly frustrated recently because I've failed the same flight a few times before I got the hang of it. I changed instructor and it made it a whole lot easier.

It really depends, what specifically are you talking about? I guess I have a different way of handling different scenarios.
     Reply #2 - November 12, 2008, 11:19 AM

Actually I am talking about a number of different things: e.g. Important issues sometimes slip my mind, or I forget luggage in bus or I just forget that I have kept something in the oven. 

Yes, those are not very important issues, but I get frustrated because I still do those things after yesrs of attempts ot improvements finmad

And in general my memory is sharp like remembering phone numbers, events, office works, but I always feel what is like to be organised and not forgetting things, not misplacing things.
     Reply #3 - November 12, 2008, 11:25 AM

It's normal to sometimes forget things. I forget all the time   Cheesy Gets me into trouble sometimes!

I guess you could try some mind stimulation techniques, but I have no idea how much they actually work Huh?
     Reply #4 - November 12, 2008, 11:37 AM

Well maybe it's time to accept that there are some things that you just can't change about yourself?

I am quite scatty when it comes to some things, spent years beating myself up for not being "normal" and able to deal with those things, and then realised that everyone is different and that I didn't have to try so hard anymore, the only thing I needed to do was accept me.

Just double check the oven yeah lol I sometimes walk into my kitchen an hour after we have already eaten, wonder why it's so warm in there and then look over to see I forgot to turn the oven off when I was done with it  Tongue

I still haven't burnt a house down though so I guess I am doing well.  Cheesy

For the things I think DO need to be changed, I have tried lists which have helped temporarily, but eventually I slip back into being me.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »