Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Conservative or liberal

(Read 34299 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Conservative or liberal
     Reply #150 - September 28, 2014, 12:28 PM

I actually quite like you, Stephen, and you've kind of had some rough run-ins since your arrival, but try not to make assumptions about why he's gone. Mubs had a long track record here, Stephen. Go ahead and read everything he's said on the forum, and, afterwards, if you are still not sure why his departure is long overdue, I'll point it out for you.

He got a ton of warnings, reminders of the forum rules, eventually a temporary ban and, when he was let back in, he continued to be the same old victim-blaming mubs he'd always been. He gets to be that guy, but if he has no intention of following the posted rules, he should have realized this was a poor fit and seen himself out instead of imagining that being banned on an internet forum is going down honorably in a blaze of glory.

Back to the subject, I am curious what you, Stephen, since I guess you're the only one left with this position in the thread (?) would rather see happen to the people who fall when there's no safety net from welfare. That's something I don't quite understand from people who say they want nothing to do with welfare and social services.

So say when someone has a rough start, or a string of bad luck, or is somehow sick or disabled, or, in the opinion of the fortunate, just so lazy that they don't want to succeed in life, what will happen when they fall? Shall they live on your streets? Will you feel very comfortable knowing that there are going to be some very desperate individuals hanging around who haven't been able to manage to lift themselves up via legal channels?

What happens to children who get turned out along with their "irresponsible" parents/single mothers? What services would you approve of existing for them, or would you like to see kids out begging in the streets, too? And when all these dirty, lazy, sick, diseased poor folk are causing an eyesore in your towns, what will you do? The good folks in South Carolina would tell you that that's a pretty hard problem to solve.
     Reply #151 - September 28, 2014, 05:33 PM

Hello lua,

Thank you for the kind words.  I have always enjoyed your comments, and am pleased that you are here to bring balance to the site.

I do not share many of the views expressed by Mubs, and I have no particular fondness for him.  I make no assumptions regarding his dismissal from this site, except to say that nothing he wrote has not already been said a million times elsewhere.

Whether his convictions were right or wrong, or I agreed with them or not, I was always prepared to read them.  His tone was often challenging, but I see no actual harm being done to anyone by his comments.

Many of the posts I have read on this site have been sexually explicit, as is much of the language.  Subjects of a sexual nature are discussed in graphic detail and with anatomical frankness, and no-one gets hot under the collar about it.  I write a few lines about Karl Marx abusing his servant girl, and some intolerant person tries to get me barred from the site on the grounds that it may upset some of the female members.  What utter twisted hypocrisy is that?

I have, as you recall, been banned from this site before.  Again, I have seen far more offensive posts than the one which attracted my removal from this site, and cannot but wonder about the arbitrary nature of such bans.  Perhaps fearing sedition, the mods have never restored my messaging facility.  As none of my posts or messages have contained anything which could be deemed as seditious, this would come under the heading of "irrational."

Anyway, you asked me a very valid question, and I shall attempt to give you as clear an answer as possible.  For anyone else reading this besides yourself, I am expressing a personal view, to which I am entitled, based on life experience.

We probably all know families who have spent generations on the dole, and there is currently no great expectation that these people will ever contribute to society.  In fact, the complete opposite is true, as a significant percentage of the criminal classes come from such families.

I think (hope) that you will agree that the situation is out of control, and that desperate situations call for desperate measures. 

Though we are both long retired, my better half and I still pay taxes on our pensions.  We brought up our kids without asking for hand outs, paid our taxes without (much) complaint, and managed to make modest provision for our old age (which has arrived).

We are not rich ourselves, but are expected to stump up our taxes to give money to people who are actually better off than us.  One woman near us receives £1,400 per month for fostering her own grandkids, and has just bought a new car on a disability allowance.  She walked around on elbow crutches for a week or two, by which deceit she secured a mobility allowance.  As soon as her new car was delivered, she made what can only be described as a miraculous recovery.  She ditched her walking sticks on the day of delivery, and has never used them since.  I should add at this point that she walks perfectly well unaided, and has been seen running around by most of her neighbours. (who are also paying for her luxury lifestyle)

Don't worry though, I have provided the authorities with lots of video footage of her walking around normally, and have been assured that she will be prosecuted for deception and making a fraudulent claim.  I can't wait to see the car dealer repossess her new car.

I have mentioned this woman's daughters elsewhere on this site, but I left out one or two salient points.  Not one of these women have ever worked, relying instead on bashing out kids on a regular basis.  One of them had her first two kids taken off her when they were infants, but she has rapidly replaced them with others in order to maintain her benefits status.  She left a two year old and a babe in arms with her neighbour, telling her that she needed a few things from the shops.  Four days later she returned from a drugs spree, surprised to find that her children had been placed in care.

Two of the three sisters have been banned from local shops due to shoplifting, and all three have drugs convictions.  I don't know how you view this, but they have also been caught stealing from a Hospice Shop.  I think that is pretty low.

The (current) boyfriend of one of these women is a well known drug dealer.  He signs on the dole and receives his benefits, but forgot to mention that he was no longer living at his parents address.  He also forgot to mention that he works on the "lump" for a scaffolding company, and does not declare that income to the DWP.  Again, you mustn't worry about his lapse of memory, as I have informed the authorities for him, giving them a very detailed account of my investigation into his nefarious activities.

This is my money these people are stealing, and I won't sit idly by while they rip me off at every turn.  Someone has to at least try to stop these people benefitting from laziness and lying, and I have no regrets whatsoever about exposing their callous indifference toward the rest of society.

This cycle must be broken at some point, and the bone idle will have to learn that they need to be responsible members of society.  Quite what that will take is open to debate, as are the methods we need to employ to achieve our goal, but I will not sit around twiddling my thumbs while these people live on my back.

This is not a right wing view, but a very commonly held instinct.  If the liberals want benefit fraudsters to be kept in clover, then they must have the courage of their convictions and pay for it themselves.  That is the trouble with liberals, they just want everyone else to support and pay for their fluffy ideas.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.

Reply #152 - September 28, 2014, 06:03 PM

I do not share many of the views expressed by Mubs, and I have no particular fondness for him.  I make no assumptions regarding his dismissal from this site, except to say that nothing he wrote has not already been said a million times elsewhere.

This forum is not 'elsewhere'. This is our forum. We run it the way we want to run it. We have thousands of members and hundreds of thousands of posts and have been an active and growing forum for years.

We decide what is and is not acceptable in this privately owned and run area of the web. Anyone who breaks the forum's rules in any way, or at the discretion of the staff who run this site, will be removed from this site. Anyone who doesn't like the rules of this forum is free to leave and not return of their own volition.

Whether his convictions were right or wrong, or I agreed with them or not, I was always prepared to read them.  His tone was often challenging, but I see no actual harm being done to anyone by his comments.

You are incorrect. His views were wrong on the holding of slaves, the burning of women in 'honour killings' and witch trials, the subjugation of women, and on the 'removal' of poor people from his rich, privileged neighbourhood. His views were harmful because they promoted pro-oppressive beliefs. We ex-muslims are refugees from oppressive beliefs. We do not have to and we here will not abide by another set of oppressive anti-humane beliefs, like slavery and other fascistic ideas. Period.

Many of the posts I have read on this site have been sexually explicit, as is much of the language.  Subjects of a sexual nature are discussed in graphic detail and with anatomical frankness, and no-one gets hot under the collar about it. 

There's a disclaimer on the front page:
    If you are offended by the use of expletives please be aware that this site does not offer word filtering.
    We assume that anyone wishing to avoid expletives on the internet will have already installed their own filters.

If you do not like to read sexual topics, avoid those areas and threads. If the forum in general is just too sex positive for you, like I said above, you're free to leave and never come back. Nobody's holding you back here.

I write a few lines about Karl Marx abusing his servant girl, and some intolerant person tries to get me barred from the site on the grounds that it may upset some of the female members.  What utter twisted hypocrisy is that?

Bullshit.

You were called on making a ridiculous and unsupported claim that Marx had abused/raped his maid. You gave some bullshit excuse about having come across something sometime in your past and never gave a citation for your claim. You seem to be in the habit of making ridiculous claims with zero citations to support them. This practice is getting old and boring and you are losing a lot of people's patience.

I have, as you recall, been banned from this site before.  Again, I have seen far more offensive posts than the one which attracted my removal from this site, and cannot but wonder about the arbitrary nature of such bans.  Perhaps fearing sedition, the mods have never restored my messaging facility.  As none of my posts or messages have contained anything which could be deemed as seditious, this would come under the heading of "irrational."

Nobody will commit sedition over us banning you, Stephen. Cheesy We put you on a temp ban for posting a racist 'joke' and we let you back after the temporary ban was up, as is the forum's policy for those types of temp bans. At any point, if the moderating team finds that you have crossed the lines of this forum's acceptable behaviour, as enshrined in our rules, you will be banned again.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #153 - September 28, 2014, 06:16 PM

Perhaps fearing sedition, the mods have never restored my messaging facility.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #154 - September 28, 2014, 06:19 PM

He reminds me of someone that lives in Port Harcourt. Alfred?...Is that you?

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #155 - September 28, 2014, 06:39 PM

Allat,

I have not read Mub's post(s) on the subjects of slavery or burning women, nor would I ever support anything so obviously inhumane.  

As for my mention of Marx and the Parisian Waiter, I hold that I read this some years ago.  Your elevated position on this site appears to entitle you to be abusive towards those you disagree with, as you have been to me.  Is this part of your code of ethics, or are you being obnoxious on your own account?

Actually, don't bother to answer, as I am playing against a stacked deck.  You win --- you are all-mighty and unassailable.  You have made it perfectly clear that your decision is final, and that you will apply those decisions without reference to right or wrong.

I will not stoop to your level by giving you any abuse, as this would be beneath my dignity.  Noblesse Oblige, as they say.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.

P.S.  I am going to bed now, so don't run away with the idea that I am avoiding your response.
     Reply #156 - September 28, 2014, 06:43 PM

Nobody is abusing you, silly.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #157 - September 28, 2014, 06:44 PM

Calling an unsubstantiated and unsupported claim 'bullshit' is not the same thing as abusing someone. Anyway, good night.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #158 - September 28, 2014, 07:21 PM

Whether his convictions were right or wrong, or I agreed with them or not, I was always prepared to read them. His tone was often challenging, but I see no actual harm being done to anyone by his comments.

The staff and members here include a number of women who have been on the receiving end of some rather nasty subjugation over the years. Consequently, when someone, who by the way was strongly suspected of trolling, bangs on about how great the subjugation of women is said staff and members tend to get rather pissed off, and start thinking they aren't obliged to provide a platform for such tossers. It's a bit like someone marching into your living room and proceeding to tell your wife she's worthless. You wouldn't be happy about it, and neither would she.

Many of the posts I have read on this site have been sexually explicit, as is much of the language.  Subjects of a sexual nature are discussed in graphic detail and with anatomical frankness, and no-one gets hot under the collar about it.  I write a few lines about Karl Marx abusing his servant girl, and some intolerant person tries to get me barred from the site on the grounds that it may upset some of the female members.  What utter twisted hypocrisy is that?

This is probably a cultural thing. Plenty of people have no problem with discussion of sexual matters, or with the use of casual profanity. Talking about sexual matters, with or without casual profanity, can be fun and interesting for many people. Even many British people. It's a different mindset to the "No sex, please. We're British" mindset that you seem to be advocating. Many people find talk about sex far less problematic than talk about the subjugation of women. This really should not be astonishing, since the former involves no abuse of basic human rights while the latter does.

IIRC you weren't hauled up because the bit about Marx might distress anyone. You were hauled up because it was a claim that appears to be unsubstantiated, and accusing people of sexual abuse without backup is generally bad form. Personally I think calling for a ban over it was an overreaction. Marx is long dead anyway and is not going to be affected by your claim.

It depends what you mean by "far more offensive posts". If you mean "posts containing sexual content and/or profanity" then they are, up to a point, not regarded as offensive by many people.

If your PM's are blocked and you want them unblocked, ask the staff about it. If you open a thread in this board - Private Feedback and Self Bans - the content will only be visible to yourself and the staff.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #159 - September 28, 2014, 07:29 PM

As I have previously stated, I support a welfare system which provides for the basic needs of the unfortunates in society.  Anyone who is born with some mental or physical defect should, of course, be looked after properly.  The same is applicable to any who suffer illness or accidental injury.

That, however, is a far cry from supporting people who are simply idle and feckless.  If some people are not prepared to contribute to society, there is no good reason for society to support them.

The Welfare State was intended only to support those who were unable to support themselves, not to act as a free source of cash for those who just can't be bothered to work.

Liberals on this site appear to support hand outs for everyone, irrespective of their attitudes to work and society.  All this needs paying for, and the liberal position demands that everyone stumps up the cash to pay for their utopian ideals.

My message to them is clear and simple:  If you want to support people who behave irresponsibly throughout their lives and who are nothing but a burden on society, please dip your hands in your own pockets to pay for it, and keep them out of mine.

It is fine and dandy for anyone to hold a contrary view on these matters, but not when you expect others to pay for those views.  Your charitable inclinations are a matter for your own conscience; just don't expect others to meekly follow.

I note that Mubs has now been barred from this site, and that this was done in an immoderate way.  Use of the term "fascist", especially on an open forum, seems to me highly questionable, and could expose the user to accusations of libel.  Nor does the use of bad language have any place in informing people that someone has been barred.

I didn't like all that Mubs wrote, but I see no justification for the manner of his removal.  This may leave me liable for the same treatment, but I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.  It seems to me that removal from this site rests on whim, and depends to a large degree on whether or not your face fits.

Kind Regards,
    Stephen.

I think you are taking one view and generalizing. The social programs in Canada have different polices for people in different situations. For example if I were to apply for welfare, which I can as a student. part of the program includes me looking for work, following work programs from the government and submitting weekly reports from interviews or job programs. If I do not follow even 1 of these requirements I am off the program. The issue for me as a student I can not do this while having my required course load to cover full time student statue, 80% workload. I can not even have 3 8 hours shifts during the weekend and cover my studies to keep my GPA up. So instead I receive living expenses in the form of grants. There is no being lazy under this policy due to the requirements above. No one gets free money. Maybe the system is flawed or failing in your area but it works in other areas.

Reply #160 - September 28, 2014, 07:37 PM

Thank you for the kind words.

Right back at you.

Whether his convictions were right or wrong, or I agreed with them or not, I was always prepared to read them.  His tone was often challenging, but I see no actual harm being done to anyone by his comments.

Specifically regarding the comments he made where he was being an apologist for lynchings and other atrocities (the bulk of his offenses here), I do think that he should be able to say these things without legal repercussions. But without social ones? That's not how freedom of speech works, and not how it should work. CEMB is a private forum. It has rules. He continued to post things in violation of those rules. His departure on that very basis alone should be justified.

But more importantly: this is a forum that serves, in my observations, a very unique and much-needed purpose, and, for many of the members, it is a safe space that they are starved for in real life. That doesn't mean that everyone is always going to agree with each other, or that no one will ever get their feelings hurt on here. That'll happen, but it happens within the confines of the forum rules. However, there are some users here that I know for a fact either have been or are in very real danger of becoming the victims of mubs' favorite crimes. While mubs sits in the safety of his suburban home, there's other users who are living in a place where they may be killed, or who ran or are on the run from people who would kill them. This is not the space where they should be reading precisely why their murder will be justified.

Also, I am a firm believer that those individuals who do not directly commit crimes, but who justify them and rationalize them, will embolden and empower those who do commit the crimes. They lend to the cultural perception that these crimes are acceptable, it lends to the dehumanization of the victims. Considering that I first found this site well before my apostasy, and that people from all over seem to find this site, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to imagine that someone who is actually living in an unstable country/area where these crimes are common would be reading these threads at some point. If there were even the slightest chance that playing host to apologists for these crimes would in any way reinforce or indirectly support the cultural acceptance of them, I believe it would be very irresponsible to do so.

Finally, I have a suspicion that if the mods/admins opened the floodgates and allowed every sort of bigot, racist, apologists of lynchings and slavery and proponents of patriarchy to come in and assert the merits of those positions, at a certain point this wouldn't exactly be an ex-Muslim forum anymore. It would be a forum of safe and privileged and, above all, cruel people discussing how to deprive people of basic rights without ever having to look at the consequences or even acknowledge them as real. I think the rest of us would all have fucked off after a while of hearing under which particular circumstances it would be justified to murder, rape or subjugate us or our loved ones. I, for one, would be long gone.

Anyway, regarding the rest of the subject, I do understand your position (you and my father would get along splendidly) , but that's not quite what I am wondering. I do agree that not everyone who is on welfare or using social services is giving it 110% of their effort. I do agree that some people are just downright exploiting it. We could have a long discussion on whether or not those individuals are representative of all or even most of those on welfare, but that's not really what I'm asking. I understand your sympathies do not lie with these people.

It's easy to say sure, let's scrap welfare, let's make it every man for himself, and if you get thrown out on the street, that's too bad. But it's naive to imagine that there won't be consequences for the rest of the population because of this. In many countries, this is no longer the age where you can easily start from a minimum-wage job and work your way up. The job climate has changed. Education is all but required to earn a living in America, and education is a small fortune to pay for. Jobs are sparse. The idea that this will force all those lazy jerks to be successful is unrealistic.

You're going to end up with increased poverty, increased homelessness, increased crime rates. What will you do when this starts affecting your towns and cities, or the health of your country? What about the children who get turned out on the street along with their lazy, lazy parents? Sure, it's possible for them to succeed, but is it likely? What of their education? I'm sure we can both agree that the health of any country is greatly dependent upon the stability of its citizens, and the education and prospects of the youth.

So what do you think you will do? Someone already thought of giving all the homeless a one-way bus ticket out of town. I don't think that worked.
     Reply #161 - September 28, 2014, 07:45 PM

Stephen
     Wink enif eb ll'uoy dna lraK gnitlusni diova si elur doog A.seimmoc yb nur si ecalp eht,(wal ht4 snotwen)sdrawkcab daer t'nac sdom
     Reply #162 - September 28, 2014, 07:50 PM

Stephen
     Wink enif eb ll'uoy dna lraK gnitlusni diova si elur doog A.seimmoc yb nur si ecalp eht,(wal ht4 snotwen)sdrawkcab daer t'nac sdom

To be fair, if someone came on here and claimed that Ludwig von Mises had raped his maid, most of us would be just as curious about wanting to get citations and evidence for such a claim.

Reply #163 - September 28, 2014, 07:52 PM

Finally, I have a suspicion that if the mods/admins opened the floodgates and allowed every sort of bigot, racist, apologists of lynchings and slavery and proponents of patriarchy to come in and assert the merits of those positions, at a certain point this wouldn't exactly be an ex-Muslim forum anymore. It would be a forum of safe and privileged and, above all, cruel people discussing how to deprive people of basic rights without ever having to look at the consequences or even acknowledge them as real. I think the rest of us would all have fucked off after a while of hearing under which particular circumstances it would be justified to murder, rape or subjugate us or our loved ones. I, for one, would be long gone.

Thank you. Well put.

Reply #164 - September 28, 2014, 07:54 PM

To be fair, if someone came on here and claimed that Ludwig von Mises had raped his maid, most of us would be just as curious about wanting to get citations and evidence for such a claim.

You can read backwards? jawdrop
     Reply #165 - September 28, 2014, 07:55 PM

which I can as a student.

You keep mentioning that you are a student and it's making me doubt that you're really in your fifties like I imagined for some reason. Grin

And thank you, allat.
     Reply #166 - September 28, 2014, 08:02 PM

Why do you people think I'm some old fart? It is how I communicate? I really do not understand how I came across as that old. Do I need to use more emoticons or "lols"
     Reply #167 - September 28, 2014, 08:03 PM

I believe you bogart
     Reply #168 - September 28, 2014, 08:04 PM

Some how Quod is to blame for this. I do not know how or why, it is a matter of faith.
     Reply #169 - September 28, 2014, 08:08 PM

Thank you. Well put.

+ 1

Lets move on now folks.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #170 - September 28, 2014, 08:21 PM

I don't know, bogart. I guess the writing style. Also, you usually know a lot about a whole bunch of junk. In combination, it's weirding me out that you're probably younger than me. Grin
     Reply #171 - September 28, 2014, 08:23 PM

To be serious for a minute(which I wasnt earlier), yes, Stephen should've provided evidence for his claim.He used to be a prosecutor that has successfully prosecuted thousands, after all.
     Reply #172 - September 28, 2014, 08:25 PM

You can read backwards? jawdrop

Reply #173 - September 28, 2014, 10:05 PM

Anyway, regarding the rest of the subject, I do understand your position (you and my father would get along splendidly) , but that's not quite what I am wondering. I do agree that not everyone who is on welfare or using social services is giving it 110% of their effort. I do agree that some people are just downright exploiting it. We could have a long discussion on whether or not those individuals are representative of all or even most of those on welfare, but that's not really what I'm asking. I understand your sympathies do not lie with these people.

It's easy to say sure, let's scrap welfare, let's make it every man for himself, and if you get thrown out on the street, that's too bad. But it's naive to imagine that there won't be consequences for the rest of the population because of this. In many countries, this is no longer the age where you can easily start from a minimum-wage job and work your way up. The job climate has changed. Education is all but required to earn a living in America, and education is a small fortune to pay for. Jobs are sparse. The idea that this will force all those lazy jerks to be successful is unrealistic.

You're going to end up with increased poverty, increased homelessness, increased crime rates. What will you do when this starts affecting your towns and cities, or the health of your country? What about the children who get turned out on the street along with their lazy, lazy parents? Sure, it's possible for them to succeed, but is it likely? What of their education? I'm sure we can both agree that the health of any country is greatly dependent upon the stability of its citizens, and the education and prospects of the youth.

So what do you think you will do? Someone already thought of giving all the homeless a one-way bus ticket out of town. I don't think that worked.

Thank you for this Lua. This is what I was trying to say, I'm just not good with words. In all seriousness, I would like to see this question answered by the conservatives on the board.

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #174 - September 28, 2014, 10:12 PM

I have no idea which I would be, nor how the definition would differ from the UK here in the US. But when I got my absentee ballot I did run the names through a search to see the stance each candidate had on accountability, violence, youth programs/child advocacy, and gun control issues.
    Most candidates unfortunately did not put out statements on each of those specific issues, so I tried to go with the ones who seemed to possess an informed background and hit a few of my points.
    So I vote by platform/goals rather than party.
    As far as welfare is concerned, our area requires a person to be looking for a job, through a state website/office or actually working in order to receive benefits (which are for a limited time only), and our disabled and elderly do not receive enough money to live on unless they are lucky enough to get housing breaks through subsidization, and they cannot have that with criminal background/activity. So you better toe the line to get less than the basics, and if you have made a mistake in the past, I do not know how you would survive. I suppose that explains our homeless.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #175 - September 28, 2014, 10:28 PM

I have no idea which I would be, nor how the definition would differ from the UK here in the US. But when I got my absentee ballot I did run the names through a search to see the stance each candidate had on accountability, violence, youth programs/child advocacy, and gun control issues.

Just a bit off-topic here. I've always wanted to ask someone from the US their opinion on gun-control. You don't have to answer, but do you support it or not? I live in Australia and I support my country's strict gun-control. Just curious Smiley

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #176 - September 29, 2014, 12:18 AM

It does seem like it's really done wonders for Australia.

Thank you for this Lua. This is what I was trying to say, I'm just not good with words. In all seriousness, I would like to see this question answered by the conservatives on the board.

You're a very good writer.
     Reply #177 - September 29, 2014, 12:47 AM

You're a very good writer.

Nah, not really. But I appreciate where you're coming from Smiley

It does seem like it's really done wonders for Australia.

I find it interesting that gun ownership in Australia is actually higher than it was before the buy-back. It's just that it's different kinds of guns.

Reply #178 - September 29, 2014, 12:54 AM

At the very least, I would like to have much stricter laws here on who can own the kind of guns that can practically make any psychopath a one-man army.
     Reply #179 - September 29, 2014, 01:04 AM

At the very least, I would like to have much stricter laws here on who can own the kind of guns that can practically make any psychopath a one-man army.

Are there any ammo restrictions in the US? Are you limited to the number of bullets you can buy?

• Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »