Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ralph Nader on Obama

(Read 3600 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ralph Nader on Obama
     OP - November 07, 2008, 03:46 AM

Good discussion. Watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bC7F7gD4g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5gaI-C0MfM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-lWu6Bvo0

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
  • Re: Ralph Nader on Obama
     Reply #1 - November 09, 2008, 08:51 PM

Do you think it was right for Nader to say: "To put it very simply, he is our first African-American president... But his choice, basically, is whether he's going to be Uncle Sam for the people of this country, or Uncle Tom for the giant corporations."?

Uncle Tom is being a black person who is perceived by others as behaving in a subservient manner to White American authority figures, or in Raplh's use, white corporate America, which is pretty much what Nader was saying in these videos regarding his voting history in the Senate.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
     Reply #2 - November 10, 2008, 04:17 AM

Do you think it was right for Nader to say: "To put it very simply, he is our first African-American president... But his choice, basically, is whether he's going to be Uncle Sam for the people of this country, or Uncle Tom for the giant corporations."?

Uncle Tom is being a black person who is perceived by others as behaving in a subservient manner to White American authority figures, or in Raplh's use, white corporate America, which is pretty much what Nader was saying in these videos regarding his voting history in the Senate.

I saw that on Fox. He's wondering if Obama will be a President for the people or corporations. I don't think there is anything wrong in the way he asked that question. Plus, he's just about had enough and I don't blame him.

Do you have a problem with what he said?

- Emma Goldman
     Reply #3 - November 10, 2008, 04:38 AM

I saw that on Fox. He's wondering if Obama will be a President for the people or corporations. I don't think there is anything wrong in the way he asked that question. Plus, he's just about had enough and I don't blame him.

No, the use of the term was just to catch attention. Fox is free to take that anyway they want I guess, they're just idiots, but that is their job towards third party candidates.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
     Reply #4 - November 10, 2008, 05:01 AM

No, the use of the term was just to catch attention. Fox is free to take that anyway they want I guess, they're just idiots, but that is their job towards third party candidates.

Yeah, that`s what I thought. Fox is more of a retarded joke than other networks. It was just funny how the reporter was like `Are you sure about calling him that!?` Even other news networks treat third party candidates as just silly spoilers.

- Emma Goldman
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »