Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: A New member named elle

(Read 46025 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: A New member named elle
     Reply #210 - November 13, 2008, 05:02 PM

He joined FFI on July 31st 2007, and didn't make a single, solitary post until Nov 8th 2008, ie after FFI was mentioned to him here and a link given.  Which looks as if he's telling the truth and just forgot about the place.  A senior moment type of thing.

Yeah, I think he is honest regarding that issue.
     Reply #211 - November 13, 2008, 05:35 PM

He joined FFI on July 31st 2007, and didn't make a single, solitary post until Nov 8th 2008, ie after FFI was mentioned to him here and a link given.  Which looks as if he's telling the truth and just forgot about the place.  A senior moment type of thing.

Yeah, I think he is honest regarding that issue.

Yeah, but let's not spoil the fun and give him the benefit of the doubt Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #212 - November 13, 2008, 06:12 PM

He joined FFI on July 31st 2007, and didn't make a single, solitary post until Nov 11th 2008, ie after FFI was mentioned to him here and a link given.  Which looks as if he's telling the truth and just forgot about the place.  A senior moment type of thing.

I agree, but what about this ?  ...

Quote from: elle
    I have researched and studied Islam for the past 10 years, and so I feel that I am not exactly a novice. I also post at recently,
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=2.0
    but I have found that ex-Muslims have very strong views about Islam and seem to feel that only Muslims or ex-Muslims are able to understand Islam and no other views are valid. I find this rigid inflexibility rather stifling for a fair exchange of views. Anyway I will persevere for a bit longer and see if I survive.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59470

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #213 - November 13, 2008, 06:16 PM

Elle, which ex-Muslims here said to you "only Muslims or ex-Muslims are able to understand Islam and no other views are valid."?

Reply #214 - November 13, 2008, 06:23 PM

Yeah, I saw that AJ.  I saw Hajji Murad's answer too.  Hilarious, we're a mutual admiration society who couldn't handle it when he posted an article, and some of us are....gasp.......half baked ex-muslims. Cheesy

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #215 - November 13, 2008, 06:48 PM

I have found that ex-Muslims have very strong views about Islam and seem to feel that only Muslims or ex-Muslims are able to understand Islam and no other views are valid. I find this rigid inflexibility rather stifling for a fair exchange of views. Anyway I will persevere for a bit longer and see if I survive.

[/quote]

What he means is that there's no chance of poisoning this particular well, so he might as well move on to an easier target. Which just goes to show, don't mess with this forum -  fuckwits take note. Afro

Ha Ha.
     Reply #216 - November 13, 2008, 07:44 PM

Yeah, I saw that AJ.  I saw Hajji Murad's answer too.  Hilarious, we're a mutual admiration society

Did I ever tell you how much I admire you, Cheetah. Smiley

and some of us are....gasp.......half baked ex-muslims. Cheesy

They seem to be very annoyed that real ex-Muslims (as opposed to the mostly fake ones on FFI) don't conform to their own hatred and extreme paranoia that Muslims are undercover jihadis and terrorists hell bent on killing all the kuffar.

I suppose when you think about it is odd that ex-Muslims don't suddenly hate their parents, children, family and friends they have known all their life - and are not aware that they are Jihadi terrorists.

Particularly as when we were Muslims - we must have been Jihadi terrorists too!
     Reply #217 - November 13, 2008, 08:21 PM

Did I ever tell you how much I admire you, Cheetah

And I you.  Hope old Hajji pants isn't reading, it'll confirm all his worst fears. Cheesy

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #218 - November 13, 2008, 08:25 PM

Did I ever tell you how much I admire you, Cheetah

And I you.  Hope old Hajji pants isn't reading, it'll confirm all his worst fears. Cheesy

Damn... me and my big mouth  grin12
     Reply #219 - November 13, 2008, 08:37 PM

He joined FFI on July 31st 2007, and didn't make a single, solitary post until Nov 11th 2008, ie after FFI was mentioned to him here and a link given.  Which looks as if he's telling the truth and just forgot about the place.  A senior moment type of thing.

I agree, but what about this ?  ...

Quote from: elle
    I have researched and studied Islam for the past 10 years, and so I feel that I am not exactly a novice. I also post at recently,
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?board=2.0
    but I have found that ex-Muslims have very strong views about Islam and seem to feel that only Muslims or ex-Muslims are able to understand Islam and no other views are valid. I find this rigid inflexibility rather stifling for a fair exchange of views. Anyway I will persevere for a bit longer and see if I survive.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59470

I had a long pm conversation with Elle last night. Well it felt long anyway. I was trying to explain to him that despite his opinion of himself he was not actually "bringing fresh ideas" because the texts in question are 1,400 years old and have to interpreted to buggery by all sorts of people.

I also tried to explain that in practice Muslims define Islam by how they choose to live it, which is just as important (in practice) as any theoretical considerations. I tried to explain that there were people here who had lived and breathed different strains of Islam since they first opened their eyes.

I told him that we were aware of the violent suras in the Quran and if he wished to argue that anyone who decided to take them seriously would become a danger to themselves and others he would have a good case and many people here would agree with him.

All he seems to have taken from all of this is " I have found that ex-Muslims have very strong views about Islam and seem to feel that only Muslims or ex-Muslims are able to understand Islam and no other views are valid".

Roll Eyes   Tongue   bunny

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #220 - November 13, 2008, 08:58 PM

I was trying to explain to him that despite his opinion of himself he was not actually "bringing fresh ideas" because the texts in question are 1,400 years old and have to interpreted to buggery by all sorts of people.

I also tried to explain that in practice Muslims define Islam by how they choose to live it, which is just as important (in practice) as any theoretical considerations. I tried to explain that there were people here who had lived and breathed different strains of Islam since they first opened their eyes.

I told him that we were aware of the violent suras in the Quran and if he wished to argue that anyone who decided to take them seriously would become a danger to themselves and others he would have a good case and many people here would agree with him.

Perfectly put  Afro

All he seems to have taken from all of this is " I have found that ex-Muslims have very strong views about Islam and seem to feel that only Muslims or ex-Muslims are able to understand Islam and no other views are valid".

Roll Eyes   Tongue   bunny

He is only interested in confirming his views in order to justify his prejudices. It is easier hate people if you dehumanize them.
     Reply #221 - November 13, 2008, 09:03 PM

I'm sure he'll be wonderfully comfortable at FFI, which is one of the reasons I was trying not to send him there. Better to educate the fuckers if you can rather than letting them wallow in their preconceptions. Unfortunately it seems his idea of "open discussion" is everyone else playing his little games and agreeing with him. I can't do much about that, ultimately.

Reply #222 - November 13, 2008, 09:10 PM

I'm sure he'll be wonderfully comfortable at FFI, which is one of the reasons I was trying not to send him there. Better to educate the fuckers if you can rather than letting them wallow in their preconceptions. Unfortunately it seems his idea of "open discussion" is everyone else playing his little games and agreeing with him. I can't do much about that, ultimately.

Well you tried.

btw it's funny how the name Hajj Murad popped up in this thread - because when I first read Elle's posts, they reminded me of Hajj Murads rather arrogant and fixed-thinking style of posts. Maybe they are brothers - they'll definitely be happy together at FFI.
     Reply #223 - November 13, 2008, 10:17 PM

Some of them behave like old village gossiping Islamic women. Ha Ha Ha
    I noticve that they come over here FF,org and then go back to the council ofex-Muslim's forum and have a moan about it.

Oh good lord what a fucking moron lol  Cheesy

I'm sure he'll be wonderfully comfortable at FFI, which is one of the reasons I was trying not to send him there.

Well I figured no amount of talking to the moron was going to get him to wake up because he came here with fixed views, the quicker he fucked off to FFI the better.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #224 - November 13, 2008, 10:27 PM

I think that comment was directed at me for busting him here.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #225 - November 14, 2008, 12:33 AM

He seems to do well at FFI crying about his mistreatment. Great at the sob story part. Let's get out the fucking violins shall we?

What the hell is a half-baked ex-Muslim anyway?  Huh?

Reply #226 - November 14, 2008, 01:10 AM

Here's another nice snippet.

'elle wrote:
    Islamis_Allah_Tashit, you have made some definite views about Islam that are not appreciated by many. But they are observant views.

Islamis_Allah_Tashit wrote:
    Somebody needs to start speaking the straightforward truth whether people like it or not. I know Muslims don't like it, but it's not really because what I said was untrue, it's because many of them don't want non Muslims to wake up and realize this. THAT'S why they hate people like me and love people like leftistAdvocate and Sword of Truth while they secretly disrespect them and laugh at them for being gullible and believing their excuses designed to lull non Muslims into complacency. People like Sword of Truth and leftistAdvocate are their unwitting stooges. So they may hate me, but they at least probably secretly respect me, although we both know that hell will freeze over before they ever admit it..'

elle wrote:
    The one calling himself Baal?

Islamis_Allah_Tashit wrote:
    Yes, he is known to us and is on a mission to destabilise the council, he and his accomplices Ansar and Charles, all three of them are undercover playing the parts of buffoons, drunks, etc. No one has see through their disguises yet.

elle wrote:
    Very good my lord.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #227 - November 14, 2008, 01:23 AM

What the hell is a half-baked ex-Muslim anyway?

Don't worry about it.  Hajji pants had an unfortunate experience here of not being greeted with the unqualified admiration and universal agreement that his massive intellect undoubtedly deserves.  Roll Eyes 

If you look in the archives of the Rant Arena you'll see what his grudge is based on.

Edit: and for the more  credulous among us, Jack's post above from two thirds of the way down, is complete fiction. Cheesy

Reply #228 - November 14, 2008, 01:30 AM

Edit: and for the more  credulous among us, Jack's post above from two thirds of the way down, is complete fiction. Cheesy

I almost fell for it  Cheesy
     Reply #229 - November 14, 2008, 05:27 AM

Hajji pants had an unfortunate experience here of not being greeted with the unqualified admiration and universal agreement that his massive intellect undoubtedly deserves.  Roll Eyes 

You wouldn't by any chance be referring to the time I told him to shut the fuck up, would you? Cheesy

Reply #230 - November 14, 2008, 07:58 AM

Me too lol  Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #231 - November 14, 2008, 09:05 AM

I guess it's not that far removed from reality. Who wouldda thaought dear old Charles was a lethal assassin pretending to be a dopey pisshead, or Baal passing himself of as a trainspotter.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #232 - November 14, 2008, 09:09 AM

It's way removed from reality, because the one they call Baal is banned from FFI.  If you'd left Baal out of it and just gone with Ansar and Charles, I probly would have believed it too.

Reply #233 - November 14, 2008, 09:09 AM

It's way removed from reality, because the one they call Baal is banned from FFI.  If you'd left Baal out of it and just gone with Ansar and Charles, I probly would have believed it too.

Damn! But then they banning could be a sham to throw us off?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #234 - November 14, 2008, 09:13 AM

Cheesy

If you knew the story behind the banning you wouldn't be so quick to pigeon hole him.

Reply #235 - November 14, 2008, 09:16 AM

What's the story?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #236 - November 14, 2008, 09:19 AM

Not really my story to tell.  Sorry. Smiley

Reply #237 - November 14, 2008, 09:21 AM

Cheesy

If you knew the story behind the banning you wouldn't be so quick to pigeon hole him.

I didn't pigeonhole him quickly, took a whole year!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #238 - November 14, 2008, 09:41 AM

What's the story?

The mind boggles Huh?  Baal did something good?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #239 - November 14, 2008, 09:42 AM

What's the story?

The mind boggles Huh?  Baal did something good?

Yes, he did something good.  Lighten up, even you've had to agree with him a couple of times.

• Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »