Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Stoning victim 'begged for mercy'

(Read 9810 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Stoning victim 'begged for mercy'
     OP - November 05, 2008, 09:35 AM

Stoning victim 'begged for mercy'

A young woman recently stoned to death in Somalia first pleaded for her life, a witness has told the BBC.

"Don't kill me, don't kill me," she said, according to the man who wanted to remain anonymous. A few minutes later, more than 50 men threw stones.

Human rights group Amnesty International says the victim was a 13-year-old girl who had been raped.

Initial reports had said she was a 23-year-old woman who had confessed to adultery before a Sharia court.

Numerous eye-witnesses say she was forced into a hole, buried up to her neck then pelted with stones until she died in front of more than 1,000 people last week.

Meanwhile, Islamists in the capital, Mogadishu have carried out a public flogging.

Mogadishu is nominally under the control of government forces and their Ethiopian allies, who face frequent attacks by Islamist and nationalist insurgents.

The BBC's Mohammed Olad Hassan in the city says the flogging was a show of strength.

He says two men accused of helping to kill a man and torture his mother, who they accused of theft, were each given 39 lashes in the north-eastern suburb of Suqa-hola.

The man who actually killed the alleged thief was released, after agreeing to pay his family 100 camels in compensation.

Before the flogging, hundreds of Islamist fighters performed a military parade, our reporter says.

Death threats

Cameras were banned from the stoning in Kismayo, but print and radio journalists who were allowed to attend estimated that the woman, Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow, was 23 years old.

However, Amnesty said it had learned she was 13, and that her father had said she was raped by three men.

When the family tried to report the rape, the girl was accused of adultery and detained, Amnesty said.

Convicting a girl of 13 for adultery would be illegal under Islamic law.  (FUCKING BULLSHIT)  finmad

A human rights activist in the town told the BBC on condition of anonymity that he had received death threats from the Islamic militia, who accuse him of spreading false information about the incident.

He denies having anything to with Amnesty's report.

'Crying'

Court authorities have said the woman came to them admitting her guilt.

She was asked several times to review her confession but she stressed that she wanted Sharia law and the deserved punishment to apply, they said.

But a witness who spoke to the BBC's Today programme said she had been crying and had to be forced into a hole before the stoning, reported to have taken place in a football stadium.

"More than 1,000 people arrived there," he said.

"After two hours, the Islamic administration in Kismayo brought the lady to the place and when she came out she said: 'What do you want from me?'"

"They said: 'We will do what Allah has instructed us'. She said: 'I'm not going, I'm not going. Don't kill me, don't kill me.'

"A few minutes later more than 50 men tried to stone her."

'Checked by nurses'

The witness said people crowding round to see the execution said it was "awful".

"People were saying this was not good for Sharia law, this was not good for human rights, this was not good for anything."

But no-one tried to stop the Islamist officials, who were armed, the witness said. He said one boy was shot in the confusion.

According to Amnesty International, nurses were sent to check during the stoning whether the victim was still alive. They removed her from the ground and declared that she was, before she was replaced so the stoning could continue.

The port of Kismayo was seized in August by a coalition of forces loyal to rebel leader Hassan Turki, and al-Shabab, the country's main radical Islamist insurgent organisation.

Mr Turki is on the US list of "financers of terrorism".

It was the first reported execution by stoning in the southern port city since Islamist insurgents captured it.

The BBC had a reporter in the area, but he was shot dead in Kismayo in June.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7708169.stm

I mean the men convicted of murder and torture get less than 40 lashes, but the girl gets stoned to death.  Even if it was adultery (which is wasn't) the punishments in Islam do NOT fit the crime.

You would think murder and torture would be the most abhorrant acts you could do and the ones worthy of stoning to death, not someone who sleeps with someone else and in the process simply breaks a heart and wounds some pride.  (which this little girl didn't even do)

I know we have another thread on this, I just got so mad when I read this latest article and saw how easy murders and torturers have it under Islam.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Re: Stoning victim 'begged for mercy'
     Reply #1 - November 05, 2008, 09:56 AM

What really gets my goat about this case is the fact that the 'Islamic authorities' have claimed that the girl actually came to them and asked them to punish her under sharia for committing adultery.  What an outright lie! finmad

What woman in her right mind would actually ASK for sharia punishment for a crime she didn't even commit?!  I knew as soon as these idiots would get control of the country that it would be the women who would suffer the first and the most as is always the case with newly formed theocracies!

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #2 - November 05, 2008, 09:58 AM

50 strong men torturing a teenage girl to death by stoning is the most cruel incidence I can ever think of. Religious conditioning really bad. Otherwise sane human beings may do horrible things due to religious conditioning. Cry
    May the poor girl rest in peace.
     Reply #3 - November 05, 2008, 09:59 AM

What really gets my goat about this case is the fact that the 'Islamic authorities' have claimed that the girl actually came to them and asked them to punish her under sharia for committing adultery.  What an outright lie! finmad

What woman in her right mind would actually ASK for sharia punishment for a crime she didn't even commit?!  I knew as soon as these idiots would get control of the country that it would be the women who would suffer the first and the most as is always the case with newly formed theocracies!

They were trying to make it sound like the hadith about the woman coming to mohammed and confessing her crime 3 times before he finally agreed to have her stoned to death once her baby was weaned.

Reply #4 - November 05, 2008, 10:00 AM

50 strong men torturing a teenage girl to death by stoning is the most cruel incidence I can ever think of. Religious conditioning really bad. Otherwise sane human beings may do horrible things due to religious conditioning. Cry

They even had nurses on hand to dig her up check if she was alive and then rebury her to carry on when they found out she was alive.  finmad

Reply #5 - November 05, 2008, 10:02 AM

They even had nurses on hand to dig her up check if she was alive and then rebury her to carry on when they found out she was alive.  finmad

Thats so barbaric.

I very much like secular laws. I would never want to live in theocracy of any sort.
     Reply #6 - November 05, 2008, 10:05 AM

I guess no matter how miserable my life has felt to me at times I have alot to be thankful for, anyone one of us here could have been born in a place like that, subject to dark age brutality. sad

If such a thing as a soul exists, and a god then I hope this young girl finds rest and peace which she obviously never had in life.

Reply #7 - November 05, 2008, 10:06 AM

I guess no matter how miserable my life has felt to me at times I have alot to be thankful for, anyone one of us here could have been born in a place like that, subject to dark age brutality. sad

If such a thing as a soul exists, and a god then I hope this young girl finds rest and peace which she obviously never had in life.

Amen, Berbs.  Cry
     Reply #8 - November 05, 2008, 10:11 AM

[quote author=BerberElla link=topic=3630.msg93408#msg93408

[/quote]

So true,

Berbs,
    Was the punishment truely Islamic in this case?
    I am not an Islamophobe. All the religions have their share in fairy-tales, weirdness, tribal customes. But, a very significant dfference between Islam and other religion is, other religions have moved fwd. Where as some extreme Muslims still wants punishment of 7th century arabia to rule the modern world. 
     Reply #9 - November 05, 2008, 10:20 AM

No it was no Islamic, she was raped.  Raped victims should not be stoned, and rape does not equal adultery.

However proving rape is very difficult under Islam because 4 witnesses are necessary and since when are there 4 witnesses to a rape?

Based on that alot of rape victims, the majority of them are punished for being victims.

Islam places most of the blame for rape on a woman, it sets itself up so that things like this can happen, this travesty of justice.

Reply #10 - November 05, 2008, 11:37 AM

I really don't see how stoning can be justified when Muslims are supposed to have respect for human life (hence being 'anti' abortion)

Cherry-picking much?
     Reply #11 - November 05, 2008, 11:40 AM

I really don't see how stoning can be justified when Muslims are supposed to have respect for human life (hence being 'anti' abortion)

Cherry-picking much?

From what I understood abortion is allowed in Islam under certain circumstances.  wacko

Reply #12 - November 05, 2008, 12:10 PM

Cherry-picking much?

From what I understood abortion is allowed in Islam under certain circumstances.  wacko

From what I know, it's only if the mother's life is in danger despite the 'age' of the fetus.
     Reply #13 - November 05, 2008, 12:18 PM

Yes, that's what I thought too.

Well either way it's all hypocrisy on their part.  finmad

Reply #14 - November 05, 2008, 12:21 PM

Agreed. Stone the hypocrites!!  finmad

Oh wait....

parrot
     Reply #15 - November 05, 2008, 12:57 PM

I really am lost for words on this one. I just don't know what to say. Makes you feel ashamed to belong to the same species, never mind the same religion.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #16 - November 05, 2008, 01:28 PM

I would not call them nurses, heh?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #17 - November 05, 2008, 01:31 PM

There is nothing in islam to prevent abortion. In fact, when muhammad was asked by his men if they should practice coitus interruptus with their captives, his eminence instructed them that no person can bring a soul a second too early or a second late. So if a soul is meant to be born, a doctor can not prevent it.

I see nothing in islam preventing abortion, I only see verses permitting abortion if the kids were going to be born of base matter.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #18 - November 05, 2008, 01:32 PM

Cry Cry Cry

I try to imagine myself in a similar situation to get an idea of how much she suffered, but I don't think I can succeed. We get angry when we think there has been the slightest injustice against our persons, compare that with the despair and torment she experienced. An unspeakable atrocity, indeed.  

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #19 - November 05, 2008, 01:34 PM

From what I know, it's only if the mother's life is in danger despite the 'age' of the fetus.

IIRC, in Islam a fetus doesn't get a soul until a couple of weeks into pregnancy (which, according to Islamic theology is also the point where the fetus is made "male" or "female").  One can have an abortion before this point.
     Reply #20 - November 05, 2008, 01:52 PM

IIRC, in Islam a fetus doesn't get a soul until a couple of weeks into pregnancy (which, according to Islamic theology is also the point where the fetus is made "male" or "female").  One can have an abortion before this point.

40 days I think. 

Reply #21 - November 05, 2008, 01:59 PM

40 days I think.

I concur.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #22 - November 09, 2008, 09:10 PM

a couple of weeks ago, i had a dream that i was the one that is being stoned in a similar situation.
    oh guys, that was a terrible nightmare. i hardly got it over.

i hope Turkey will not be ruled by Islamic Laws again as it was in Ottoman times. 
     Reply #23 - November 09, 2008, 09:12 PM

That must have been a horrible dream.  I dreamt the prophet mohammed and my ex husband were chasing me across the desert trying to kill me and that was scary, I don't want a stoning dream.  hiding

Reply #24 - November 10, 2008, 08:00 AM

That must have been a horrible dream.  I dreamt the prophet mohammed and my ex husband were chasing me across the desert trying to kill me and that was scary, I don't want a stoning dream.  hiding

Well Berbs, if in your dream you showed the nabi with a face then we might have to anyways.

Reply #25 - November 10, 2008, 08:02 AM

dreams with muhammad's face aren't considered sinful, if you knew what he looked like from his description in the ahadith.

Reply #26 - November 10, 2008, 08:08 AM

dreams with muhammad's face aren't considered sinful, if you knew what he looked like from his description in the ahadith.

Well they say if you dream of him then he was really there, which means the bastard was really trying to kill me  finmad

Reply #27 - November 10, 2008, 08:09 AM

Muhammad= ex-muslims' freddy krueger

Reply #28 - November 10, 2008, 08:12 AM

Muhammad= ex-muslims' freddy krueger

Lmao so true

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »