Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Well, Obama did it.

(Read 42160 times)
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Well, Obama did it.
     OP - November 05, 2008, 12:15 AM

Obama captures White House win

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama captured the White House on Tuesday after an extraordinary two-year campaign, defeating Republican John McCain to make history as the first black to be elected U.S. president.

Obama will be sworn in as the 44th U.S. president on January 20, 2009, television networks said. He will face a crush of immediate challenges, from tackling an economic crisis to ending the war in Iraq and striking a compromise on overhauling the health care system.

McCain saw his hopes for victory evaporate with losses in a string of key battleground states led by Ohio, the state that narrowly clinched President George W. Bush's re-election in 2004, and Virginia, a state that had not backed a Democrat since 1964.

Obama led a Democratic electoral landslide that also expanded the party's majorities in both chambers of Congress and firmly repudiated eight years of Republican President George W. Bush's leadership.

The win by Obama, son of a black father from Kenya and white mother from Kansas, marked a milestone in U.S. history. It came 45 years after the height of the civil rights movement led by Martin Luther King.

In a campaign dominated at the end by a flood of bad news on the economy, Obama's leadership and proposals on how to handle the crisis tipped the race in his favor. Exit polls showed six of every 10 voters listed the economy as the top issue.

Tens of thousands of Obama supporters gathered in Chicago's Grant Park for an election night rally that had the air of a celebratory concert, cheering results that showed his victories in key states.

McCain, a 72-year-old Arizona senator and former Vietnam War prisoner, had hoped to become the oldest president to begin a first term in the White House and see his running mate Sarah Palin become the first female U.S. vice president.

I'm gonna have to check out what the JihadChat crowd are saying about this. Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Well, Obama did it.
     Reply #1 - November 05, 2008, 12:33 AM

I'm frickin glad he won.

A few of my American friends (who voted McPain) are telling me about some rioting that's going on though, and a few of them had their windows broken.

Jeez people, get the fuck over it. It's over, Obama won.

I just hope he doesn't end up with a bullet in his head.
     Reply #2 - November 05, 2008, 12:48 AM

Well after the way the campaign went I'm not surprised there's been some rioting. The Reps basically ran the latter part of their campaign as one long sustained fucking hate crime. It's gone and backfired on them big time. Serves them right for playing to the lowest aspects of human nature. I'm just happy most Americans could see through that shit.

Obama is really on the spot now though. It'll be interesting to see what he and his administration can come up with.
    Oh and no more bloody Sarah Palin either. She'll fade from view so damned fast; grin12

Reply #3 - November 05, 2008, 01:14 AM

I just hope he doesn't end up with a bullet in his head.

Exactly my worry.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #4 - November 05, 2008, 02:06 AM

Oh I'm sure there are several champions of freedom and democracy planning to kill him right now. I'm also sure his security is first rate. Anyway he's in. By a landslide.

Reply #5 - November 05, 2008, 02:59 AM

I had a feeling he was going to win, especially up against McCain.

It will be interesting seeing what direction America goes in next with Obama at the reigns.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #6 - November 05, 2008, 03:34 AM

Peace in our Time

Any Americans on this site who voted for Obama, I hope you will open your homes for all the minorities who live in islamic lands who will get slaughtered over the next few years as soon as Obama grants the islamists the peace that they crave.

For all the Americans who voted McCain, sit back and keep grazing and since we are all going to die one day, just hope you die quick and avoid the humiliation of going through a medical bankruptcy like 1% of Americans are suffering from every year. That or be thankful if you are not one of the 1% of Americans who are in jail right now.

I would rather pick up my shoe and hit myself on the back of the head with the heels several times then pick either of the Two clowns. Sadly for Jack, I did not have to vote in that election.

PS: For those not versed in math, 1% means in 10 years it will be 1 in every 10. In 20 years it will be 1 in every 5. So 1% are in jail and 1% will declare bankruptcy. Of course the outlook will be a lot rosier if we discount those who declare medical bankruptcy multiple times and those who enter jail repeatedly and those who will declare Bankruptcy as well as end up in jail.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #7 - November 05, 2008, 03:41 AM

Peace in our Time

Any Americans on this site who voted for Obama, I hope you will open your homes for all the minorities who live in islamic lands who will get slaughtered over the next few years as soon as Obama grants the islamists the peace that they crave.

For all the Americans who voted McCain, sit back and keep grazing and since we are all going to die one day, just hope you die quick and avoid the humiliation of going through a medical bankruptcy like 1% of Americans are suffering from every year. That or be thankful if you are not one of the 1% of Americans who are in jail right now.

I would rather pick up my shoe and hit myself on the back of the head with the heels several times then pick either of the Two clowns. Sadly for Jack, I did not have to vote in that election.

Hah ha ha ha ha ha ha Cheesy What a sad boy you are Baal.....they coming to get you. yes

Seriously, if anyone thinks Obama is going to make the slightest bit of difference to anything, good luck to you. Same system, different face. To allow Americans to think they have democracy, that's the hard bit of the game, but, and that's sewn up. Remember when Blair got voted in, all those  lovey darlings who were all full of New Labour fever. They've gone very quiet these past few years. No more 'things are gonna get better' just more of the same old shit dressed up in diff clothes.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #8 - November 05, 2008, 04:16 AM

I'm frickin glad he won.

WHY? What, except put out some empty rhethoric about "CHANGE" has He (as HE must be addressed) ever done, to deserve his messiah-like status?  Huh? He STILL freaks me out, that messiah-outta-nowhere-with-the-shady-friends-and-racist-church... not that I much like McCain, but Obama?  wacko
     Reply #9 - November 05, 2008, 04:18 AM

Isn't he the lesser of two evils though?

Plus of course it's impressive that America finally has it's first African American president, it must be a momentous day to many African Americans who probably believed it would never happen.  Afro

Reply #10 - November 05, 2008, 04:19 AM

Plus of course it's impressive that America finally has it's first African American president, it must be a momentous day to many African Americans who probably believed it would never happen.  Afro

yeah he is, and yes they'll be happy. Will it make a difference, not in real terms, no.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #11 - November 05, 2008, 04:21 AM

who is the lesser evil, nobody will ever know - they are both empty suits, camouflageing other interests, imho. That goes ESPECIALLY for Obama, who came out of nowhere in no time, and that is just freaking WEIRD.
    I don´t give a rat´s fart about the colour of his skin. And his mother - which he obviously tries to forget he ever had - was as WASP as can be, so there goes the "African American" bullshyte. (not to mention that that in itself is as racist as can be - but of course the only racists are whites, so there... )
     Reply #12 - November 05, 2008, 04:23 AM

yeah he is, and yes they'll be happy. Will it make a difference, not in real terms, no.

I remain optimistic for the Americans, stop being so pessimistic,  Tongue just because Blair was a wash out doesn't necessarily mean this guy will turn out to be.

Reply #13 - November 05, 2008, 04:25 AM

Well Dio it's a wonderful that he isn't your president  Tongue

For myself it's American politics, ergo I don't give a rat's arse either.

Reply #14 - November 05, 2008, 04:26 AM

Well Dio it's a wonderful that he isn't your president  Tongue

For myself it's American politics, ergo I don't give a rat's arse either.

If it was Ougadougou I wouldn´t care - since it´s the US, one HAS to care, unfortunately. Huh?
     Reply #15 - November 05, 2008, 04:31 AM

I'm frickin glad he won.

WHY? What, except put out some empty rhethoric about "CHANGE" has He (as HE must be addressed) ever done, to deserve his messiah-like status?  Huh? He STILL freaks me out, that messiah-outta-nowhere-with-the-shady-friends-and-racist-church... not that I much like McCain, but Obama?  wacko

Give him a chance to make the change, jeez he's only just won.

I agree with the lesser of two evils thing, plus it just mouths a huge 'FUCK YOU' to the backwards hicks that support the KKK.

I'd much rather have a younger president who seemingly has a lack of experience than a 72 year old who possibly has one foot in the grave with a risk of Sarah Palin taking power. As a woman, I can't bear to see someone of her moral standard in power. I have no respect for a woman who says 'I'd oppose [abortion] even if my own daughter was raped' - amongst many of her other view points.

So yes, it's not so much my support for Obama's "promising" policies that I support him, it's more the fact that the Republicans have nothing to offer that I believe would be beneficial in anyway to the development of a country, or humankind.
     Reply #16 - November 05, 2008, 04:32 AM

I remain optimistic for the Americans, stop being so pessimistic,  Tongue just because Blair was a wash out doesn't necessarily mean this guy will turn out to be.

Nothing to be optimistic about unless the entire system came crashing down. The only parallell between Obama and Blair is the aforementioned nice shiny suit and grin to vote in, giving the illusion of democracy. It's like patting the Americans on the head, 'Go on run along and play now' and then basically, the same old shit for the next few years, and the next few years after that and so on.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #17 - November 05, 2008, 04:33 AM

Well, yeah - supporting the killing of babies up to the point of them being almost out of their mother´s womb certainly is a morally superior pov.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #18 - November 05, 2008, 04:36 AM

And his mother - which he obviously tries to forget he ever had - was as WASP as can be, so there goes the "African American" bullshyte. (not to mention that that in itself is as racist as can be - but of course the only racists are whites, so there... )

Yea? Prove it. I've never seen him deny his mother, as often as he mentions her and her mother. Sounds to me like you're the racist.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #19 - November 05, 2008, 04:37 AM

Well, yeah - supporting the killing of babies up to the point of them being almost out of their mother´s womb certainly is a morally superior pov.  Roll Eyes

Wow, who said that?

Reply #20 - November 05, 2008, 04:39 AM

And his mother - which he obviously tries to forget he ever had - was as WASP as can be, so there goes the "African American" bullshyte. (not to mention that that in itself is as racist as can be - but of course the only racists are whites, so there... )

Yea? Prove it. I've never seen him deny his mother, as often as he mentions her and her mother. Sounds to me like you're the racist.

Oh, please - spare me the racist rhethoric!
    I´ve never seen him refer to anything but his "black" heritage, as if he didn´t have just as much "white" heritage. I couldn´t care less about the colour of his skin, but it seems all HE blubbers about - not to mention that racist church he frequented for 20 odd years and apparently never listened to any of the sermons...  Roll Eyes
     Reply #21 - November 05, 2008, 04:39 AM

Dio makes a good point though, not a racist one.  If it racist to vote a white man into presidency just for being white then it stands to reason that it would be racist to aim for a black one too.

A candidate should be chosen not for his skin colour, but for his quality.

Of course it's still a good day (for me as a brownie) to see a man of colour win, I just wouldn't have personally voted for someone based on their skin colour.

Reply #22 - November 05, 2008, 04:40 AM

Wow, who said that?

The Obama-messiah.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #23 - November 05, 2008, 04:40 AM

I've not heard that either, where did you hear that Dio?

Personally I like Obama, but I liked Lady Penelope out of the Thunderbirds and she was just a puppet too. Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #24 - November 05, 2008, 04:41 AM

Wow, who said that?

Do you have a link to an article where it says that? That he supports abortion right up past a babys viable stage?

Reply #25 - November 05, 2008, 04:41 AM

Dio makes a good point though, not a racist one.  If it racist to vote a white man into presidency just for being white then it stands to reason that it would be racist to aim for a black one too.

A candidate should be chosen not for his skin colour, but for his quality.

Of course it's still a good day (for me as a brownie) to see a man of colour win, I just wouldn't have personally voted for someone based on their skin colour.

That´s what I meant. I have no problem with the skin pigmentation of a president, and if Obama makes a decent president, all the better - but the Messiah-like adulation his supporters give him for NOTHING but rhethoric and blubbering is... scary.
     Reply #26 - November 05, 2008, 04:42 AM

Wow, who said that?

Do you have a link to an article where it says that? That he supports abortion right up past a babys viable stage?

Oh, you can easily google that. He consistently opposes any restrictions on abortion. CF "partial birth" stuff.

Obama has not made abortion rights the shouted refrain of his campaign, as other Democrats have done. He seems to realize that pro-choice enthusiasm is inconsistent with a reputation for post-partisanship.

But Obama's record on abortion is extreme. He opposed the ban on partial-birth abortion -- a practice a fellow Democrat, the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan, once called "too close to infanticide." Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born-Alive Infants Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion. And now Obama has oddly claimed that he would not want his daughters to be "punished with a baby" because of a crisis pregnancy -- hardly a welcoming attitude toward new life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/01/AR2008040102197.html
     Reply #27 - November 05, 2008, 04:45 AM

Wow, who said that?

Oh, you can easily google that. He consistently opposes any restrictions on abortion. CF "partial birth" stuff.

Hmmm, scratches chin.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #28 - November 05, 2008, 04:47 AM

Partial birth abortion >>> vomit

Reply #29 - November 05, 2008, 04:48 AM

Partial birth abortion >>> vomit

Go on, find us the link Dio!!!

Ha Ha.
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »