Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Somalia: Raped girl stoned for adultery

(Read 7018 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Somalia: Raped girl stoned for adultery
     OP - November 01, 2008, 12:56 PM

This is sickening.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/11/01/amnesty.rape.somalia.ap/index.html

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!
  • Re: Somalia: Raped girl stoned for adultery
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2008, 12:59 PM

The people who did this were sick, and the people who watched it, all 1000 fucking spectators were even sicker.  finmad

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2008, 01:02 PM

Makes me feel like Obi Wan when Alderaan was destroyed.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #3 - November 01, 2008, 01:09 PM

Such news make me think that we are plunging into another dark age.

Reply #4 - November 01, 2008, 01:15 PM

In those places the dark ages is exactly where they are at.  The brutality of the way people behave in times of violence really shocks me. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - November 01, 2008, 01:28 PM

You are right.

But only religion or other total ideology can make people commit most despicable acts and still think that they are good. Look at this case. They publicly murdered a teenage girl in the name of so-called "morals".

Reply #6 - November 01, 2008, 01:39 PM

***Calls to Somali government officials and the local administration in Kismayo rang unanswered Saturday***

Haven't we come across this blind-eye approach to outrageous religious literalism several times too many this week already?

Are the officials who don't answer phones, the judges who refuse to prosecute and the police who are reluctant to act what the world calls 'moderates'? Were those who turned their backs on this butchery 'moderates'?

Or are they not only cowards but culpable cowards?

Moderation in religion is the backbone of extremism.

To paraphrase a much  brighter man than I'll ever be: "All it takes for extremism to exist is for the moderate to do nothing."

I detest 'moderation' for the veneer of respectability it lends barbarism and for attempting to deny the spawn of its own godheads.

There is no such thing as 'religious moderation'. Think about it ... the very term is an oxymoron.

Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #7 - November 01, 2008, 02:20 PM

Such news make me think that we are plunging into another dark age.

Have plunged, I think.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #8 - November 01, 2008, 02:27 PM

Agree wholeheartedly, Neil. ' Believing' seems to open up peoples minds to the darkest places imaginable.
    It's as though some of the anthropoid species we are only too ready to distance ourselves from, on account of their falsely perceived primaeval savagery, have actually  evolved along much more amenable lines.
    Seems that our much vaunted consciousness is a vanity varnished veneer.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #9 - November 01, 2008, 02:31 PM

Ugh.

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #10 - November 01, 2008, 05:00 PM

***Calls to Somali government officials and the local administration in Kismayo rang unanswered Saturday***

Haven't we come across this blind-eye approach to outrageous religious literalism several times too many this week already?

Are the officials who don't answer phones, the judges who refuse to prosecute and the police who are reluctant to act what the world calls 'moderates'? Were those who turned their backs on this butchery 'moderates'?

Or are they not only cowards but culpable cowards?

Moderation in religion is the backbone of extremism.

To paraphrase a much  brighter man than I'll ever be: "All it takes for extremism to exist is for the moderate to do nothing."

I detest 'moderation' for the veneer of respectability it lends barbarism and for attempting to deny the spawn of its own godheads.

There is no such thing as 'religious moderation'. Think about it ... the very term is an oxymoron.

Neil

QFT.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #11 - November 02, 2008, 10:03 PM

The only faint ray of light from this is that apparently some of the crowd did try to save her - prompting the gaurds to fire on the crowd and kill another child .
      The chilling thing ( apart from the literally incredible lack of humanity of course ..) is that the reports of this I've seen have all been small paragraphs buried in the middle pages of newspapers . It seems this kind of thing is becoming so mundane it can't compete with the uproar over a puerile phone prank .
     Reply #12 - November 02, 2008, 11:20 PM

Hummm, but the people that do that aren't real Muslims!  Roll Eyes
     Reply #13 - November 03, 2008, 03:19 AM

They think they're the only real Muslims. Just ask them.

Reply #14 - November 10, 2008, 01:36 PM

Pak Taliban kill married woman for 'adultery'

The Pakistani Taliban [Images] have killed a married woman after pronouncing her guilty of committing "adultery" in the troubled northwestern Swat valley, and warned women in an adjoining tribal area against applying for national identity cards.

The Taliban tried the woman in a 'Shariah court' in Matta sub-district of Swat for allegedly committing adultery and found her guilty. They then asked her brother-in-law to shoot her dead in their presence.

The brother-in-law killed the woman on Sunday by spraying bullets at her, The News daily reported on Monday.

The Taliban have been running Shariah courts in areas controlled by them and punishing people with impunity. The courts have given death sentences and punished "criminals" with public flogging.

The militants also put up posters at Landi Kotal in the Khyber tribal region warning women against visiting offices of the National Database and Registration Authority to apply for identity cards.

A large number of men have been accompanying their wives to the NADRA office in the Khyber Agency to apply for identity cards so that the women can enroll for the Benazir Income Support Programme launched by the government for the poor.

Women are entitled to a monthly stipend under the programme.

The Taliban posters in bazars of Landi Kotal described the practice as "obscene" and "un-Islamic". The militants threatened the families of women applying for identity cards with "serious consequences". Local residents had earlier complained that the NADRA office did not have female staff to cater to women.

The Taliban have also continued destroying girls' schools in the Swat valley. They blew up two more girls' schools recently. Both schools were reduced to rubble by the blasts.

The militants have destroyed over 120 girls' schools in Swat and also targeted health facilities and bridges to pressure the government.

In another incident, an Afghan national was gunned down inside a mosque in Mingora, the main city of Swat district, on Sunday.

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #15 - November 10, 2008, 04:02 PM

The Taliban are utterly disgusting excuses for human beings. There should be no tolerance for them.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »