Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Avatars

(Read 6795 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
     OP - November 01, 2008, 09:04 AM

I'm spending quite a bit of time here, so I thought I'd tag a simple identifying avatar pic from my own files into my profile. Tried, tried and tried again, but following the instructions there doesn't seem to work. Any tips? Cheers. Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
  • Re: Avatars
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2008, 09:11 AM

Have you got a photobucket account or similar? You can link an image from that.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2008, 09:17 AM

Thanks, Osmanthus. I tried that (and myspace), but it didn't take, even when I'd reduced the picture to minimum. No big deal, but if you do have another idea, I'd be grateful. Cheers. Neil

Reply #3 - November 01, 2008, 09:32 AM

What size picture were you trying to use? You should be able to link anything up to 150px high by 125 wide.

Reply #4 - November 01, 2008, 09:35 AM

If you can give me the url of the image you want to use I'll hook it up for you.

Reply #5 - November 01, 2008, 09:44 AM

That's awful kind of you, Osmanthus. Here's the one I was trying to put up (http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/neilmarr/?action=view&current=upgod.jpg). It's the famous creation scene from the Sistine Chapel ceiling ... with a subtle twist. If it's too big, I have another in reserve. Sorry for the trouble. Happy weekend. Neil

Reply #6 - November 01, 2008, 09:53 AM

Funny. Don't know why it wasn't working before.

Reply #7 - November 01, 2008, 09:58 AM

Many thanks, Osmanthus. Much appreciated. Pity Adam's finger-sign doesn't come across in a tiny reproduction ... but it's the thought that counts, eh? Very best. Neil

Reply #8 - November 01, 2008, 10:27 AM

While I'm on Osmanthus, is there a way to change the posting times shown on site? When I pull up the C ofeM, the hours shown seem way out of whack with the actual time in the UK or elsewhere. Cheers. Neil

Reply #9 - November 01, 2008, 01:13 PM

go to profile, look and layout settings, time offset

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #10 - November 01, 2008, 01:37 PM

Many thanks, Awais. Will do. It's handy to see local times when I pop in occasionally during the day. Bestest. Neil

PS: That worked perfectly. Much appreciated, Awais. N

Reply #11 - November 01, 2008, 01:46 PM

Yeah, no prob. Like you I got sick of looking at times not local and trying to decipher them.

Reply #12 - November 01, 2008, 01:50 PM

Yep, I had to add on five hours. Seems to me that means the board's default time must be set to something like a thousand miles east of New York or maybe the Falkland Isles. Mind you, I'm no mathematician. Hoots. Neil

Reply #13 - November 01, 2008, 02:26 PM

Seems to me that means the board's default time must be set to something like a thousand miles east of New York or maybe the Falkland Isles.

Nah, it's probably just EST, with DST

Reply #14 - November 01, 2008, 02:45 PM

Just for interest, Awais, I guess most fellow-members are UK-based (going from the organisation's title); any idea where others are located? I'm tucked away in the very south-eastern corner of France, bang on the Italian border. Best. Neil

Reply #15 - November 01, 2008, 02:58 PM

Some others are in Australia (namely Os, and...), and me and a couple others are in the 'states.

Reply #16 - November 01, 2008, 03:14 PM

Quite a spread. A pal of mine in Amsterdam started a website (for writers) in 2000 with UK -- LOUDLY -- in its title. It's been good to see it grow as a truly international group in spite of that seemingly localising tag. I guess the British Council of ex-Muslims can hope to attract a similar global membership. Certainly hope so. Best. Neil

Reply #17 - November 01, 2008, 08:50 PM

Yep, I had to add on five hours. Seems to me that means the board's default time must be set to something like a thousand miles east of New York or maybe the Falkland Isles. Mind you, I'm no mathematician. Hoots. Neil

The server is in Texas, of all places. I'm thinking of adding a world clock to the forum somewhere. I think it'd be handy and a nice touch.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »