Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Halloween plans ruined.. when will I ever have some FUN??

(Read 18470 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Halloween plans ruined.. when will I ever have some FUN??
     OP - October 30, 2008, 05:06 PM

So as most of you know, after I left Islam, I was forced to spend my last 4 months in Kuwait pretending to be a Muslim before I finally became free to start doing all those haraam things I'd been missing out on for 7 years. I had so many plans for stuff I really missed doing, but nothing seems to be working out! Well, ok, having loads of sex is working out really well Afro but that's about it.

I used to go camping all the time and haven't been for YEARS, so this summer I really wanted to go on a camping trip, but it just never happened until finally it's too cold to go camping. Pout. And now it's Halloween, which of course I avoided like the plague as a Muslim (haraam pagan celebration!!), and I was really looking forward to dressing up in a fun sexy costume and partying all night. Well, the party I was supposed to go to has been cancelled because the host's grandfather died and the funeral is on that day. Pfft. So now I'm doing nothing for Halloween.

My first year as an ex-Muslim is supposed to be a lot more exciting than this!! finmad

So is anybody doing anything fun for Halloween? Any cool costumes?

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
  • Re: Halloween plans ruined.. when will I ever have some FUN??
     Reply #1 - October 30, 2008, 05:08 PM

Nope. Am German, we don´t do halloween.  cool2
     Reply #2 - October 30, 2008, 05:09 PM

But hey, you can do lots of fun haram things... ham sandwiches, toilet paper, rock concerts...  dance
     Reply #3 - October 30, 2008, 05:13 PM

I know, but I can do those anytime. I have to wait til next summer for another chance to go camping, and now I have to wait another year to have a killer Halloween. Boo hoo!

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #4 - October 30, 2008, 05:28 PM

I know, but I can do those anytime. I have to wait til next summer for another chance to go camping, and now I have to wait another year to have a killer Halloween. Boo hoo!

Nah... you can go to Ausland to camp (or California... it´s  not too cold there..)... and you can have a Halloween Party anyway... just dress up and gatecrash somewhere nice!  Afro
     Reply #5 - October 30, 2008, 05:55 PM

A lot of clubs will have Halloween themed nights this weekend. Just call any of them and make sure so you do not end up the only one dressed up there, although i suspect everyone will dress up.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #6 - October 30, 2008, 07:54 PM

A lot of clubs will have Halloween themed nights this weekend.

Yeah. There are tons of parties at clubs and bars on Halloween. Or you can call up a friend who might know of a private party or something. Last minute plans can be a lot of fun.

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #7 - October 30, 2008, 08:00 PM

Or you could throw your own Halloween party.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - October 30, 2008, 09:48 PM

All of the above, and stop being such a wuss. If people can sleep in tents on Mount Everest you can go camping when it's cold. You can even do it in a Halloween costume and have sex to stay warm. Do it. You know you want to. grin12

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #9 - October 31, 2008, 12:15 AM

Well, the party I was supposed to go to has been cancelled because the host's grandfather died and the funeral is on that day. Pfft. So now I'm doing nothing for Halloween.

Am I the only one thinking maybe combine the two?... into like, a Funeral/Halloween party?  You got your coffin, your punch, strobe lights... you can show up in a hearse.  It's more like, ...an opportunity.  Afro

Normally I go out to halloween balls, but this year I'm in a different city, so all I can do is be lame.

(*EDIT: holy crap, I hope that wasn't too insensitive... you didn't know him did you??)
     Reply #10 - October 31, 2008, 06:26 AM

***you can do lots of fun haram things... ham sandwiches, toilet paper, rock concerts...***

Ham butties and rock concerts, I can understand, Diotima; but the Koran prohibits loo roll? What's the thinking behind that? Cheers. Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #11 - October 31, 2008, 07:29 AM

***you can do lots of fun haram things... ham sandwiches, toilet paper, rock concerts...***

Ham butties and rock concerts, I can understand, Diotima; but the Koran prohibits loo roll? What's the thinking behind that? Cheers. Neil

It doesn't prohibit it. The Sunnah (recommended practice) is to use water (you won't find toilet paper in some muslim places, just a watering can, or a hose). In the ahadeeth (pl.) muhammad also recommends one use stones (being in the desert). If I remember correctly, he also prohibits wiping with bones, because the Jinn eat those.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #12 - October 31, 2008, 08:07 AM

But presumably if he didn't specifically ban something then it'd be halal. So for instance using a rabbit would be fine (cue the old bear joke).

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #13 - October 31, 2008, 09:26 AM

***In the ahadeeth (pl.) muhammad also recommends one use stones***

I can't think for the life of me why, awais, but I was trying to send myself to sleep the other night by trying to recall all the grafitti I'd ever read on toilet walls (I often try to bore myself to sleep if my usual whisky nightcap hasn't worked). Anyway, I recalled this ditty: "Enter ye these marble halls. Use the paper, not the walls. For it is a dirty trick, to wipe your arse upon a brick." I thought back in my childhood when I read it that it was just harmless fun and maybe even a kind of informal hygene advice notice. Now I see it for the 1950s anti-Islamic slogan it obviously was. Thanks for the heads up. Hoots. Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #14 - October 31, 2008, 11:34 AM

Well I was going to take the kids trick or treating, which I hate, but thankfully they have behaved so badly that they are not going anymore.  dance

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #15 - October 31, 2008, 11:35 AM

If I was young free and single then I would go out.  finmad

Reply #16 - October 31, 2008, 12:51 PM

If I was young free and single then I would go out.  finmad

why not have a halloween party in your home? It´s fun, too, no?  bunny
     Reply #17 - October 31, 2008, 01:03 PM

Wasn't planned ahead, and my invite list would be limited to 3 people  Cheesy

Would be kind of boring.

Reply #18 - October 31, 2008, 01:06 PM

Wasn't planned ahead, and my invite list would be limited to 3 people  Cheesy

Would be kind of boring.

Rubbish! Spontaneous things often are the best!  Afro
     Reply #19 - October 31, 2008, 01:07 PM

Ha, try being in my shoes today Dio and see how spontaneous you can actually be given all my circumstances.  Wink

Reply #20 - October 31, 2008, 01:10 PM

Ha, try being in my shoes today Dio and see how spontaneous you can actually be given all my circumstances.  Wink

Sigh, I know what you mean... been utterly depressed (and on my period!) all week - and it´s been raining. Now, it´s friday, nobody loves me and I can feel a migraine setting in, my desk is overflowing with work I don´t want to do and that pays peanuts. Where´s the booze?  Afro
     Reply #21 - October 31, 2008, 01:11 PM

Sigh, I know what you mean... been utterly depressed (and on my period!) all week - and it´s been raining. Now, it´s friday, nobody loves me and I can feel a migraine setting in, my desk is overflowing with work I don´t want to do and that pays peanuts. Where´s the booze?  Afro

Red or white or pink?  red is on the wine rack in the kitchen, you can't miss it, and the white in the fridge near the pink lol  Cheesy

Reply #22 - October 31, 2008, 01:12 PM

Red or white or pink?  red is on the wine rack in the kitchen, you can't miss it, and the white in the fridge near the pink lol  Cheesy

Hm... I HOPE that was an INclusive "or" as in And/or... I´ll start on the white, if you don´t mind.  thnkyu parrot
     Reply #23 - October 31, 2008, 01:16 PM

Cheesy Feel free.

Although someone told me that mixing the colours is what led me to be so ill last time.  wacko

Reply #24 - October 31, 2008, 01:17 PM

Cheesy Feel free.

Although someone told me that mixing the colours is what led me to be so ill last time.  wacko

Meh! Last time I mixed colours in my drink, I ended up with the wrong man... can´t be worse than that, can it?  grin12
     Reply #25 - October 31, 2008, 01:18 PM

If it would help me land up with 1 then it's worth a try  Cheesy

Been far too long.  finmad

Reply #26 - October 31, 2008, 01:23 PM

If it would help me land up with 1 then it's worth a try  Cheesy

Been far too long.  finmad

Sigh, not if it´s the wrong one, trust me on that one...   mysmilie_977
     Reply #27 - October 31, 2008, 01:23 PM

But I want to be bad lol the wrong one would be perfectly fine for that.  Cheesy

Reply #28 - October 31, 2008, 01:26 PM

But I want to be bad lol the wrong one would be perfectly fine for that.  Cheesy

Sigh, they´re usually wrong for being bad, too... wacko
     Reply #29 - October 31, 2008, 02:15 PM

Sigh, just thinking... exactly one week ago, I was lying on a hot, sandy beach in the hot sun, listening to the waves and... eh, well, yeah, drinking a glass of wine and so forth, actually.  grin12 ...What´s halloween compared to that???  buhuuuuuu...  Cry
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »