Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'The X Fatwa'

(Read 5099 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'The X Fatwa'
     OP - October 22, 2008, 02:19 PM

RANTING Omar Bakri sparked a terror alert after claiming the X Factor was ANTI-MUSLIM for releasing a charity single for injured British troops.

The poisonous preacher hit out at Muslims who give out or wear Help For Heroes wristbands — or sell the show’s charity single Hero, released next Monday.

Last night anti-terror cops were in talks with producers to boost security at Fountain Studios in Wembley, North London, where the X Factor is filmed.

Bakri, 50, ranted: “Some Muslims in Birmingham are wearing the armbands in support of British troops in Afghanistan. This is a form of muadaat (hatred) of the kuffar (non-believers) against the Muslims . . . and it has dangerous implications.”

Bakri, in Lebanon, told followers in a recording put on a Muslim website: “Some people may find excuses for those people — ignorance and so on.

“If after three days, if they continue, you are barred from these people and their deeds. Even watching the show — those people are committing a form, a type, of muadaat (hatred). And that action is a form of kufr (non-belief).”

Security at the X Factor studios usually involves a bag search and name checks for guests.

But the show source said there were plans for X-ray scans and a police presence on Saturday — when finalists will perform the single.

Our source said: “We called in officers from Scotland Yard because of genuine safety fears. We are in the process of discussing extra security measures for Saturday night’s live show.”

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We are aware of the recording and it will be assessed to see if any offences have been committed.”

X Factor star Simon Cowell already has his own bodyguard. Other judges Dannii Minogue, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh are watched over by show security guard “Big Tony” — Tony Adkins.

Tory MP and security expert Patrick Mercer told The Sun: “The Lebanese authorities know Omar Bakri’s poison is directly helping international terrorism.

“I have no doubts that the Foreign and Commonwealth Office should apply pressure on the Lebanese to shut him up, because that’s what he needs.”

Syrian-born Bakri has before sparked outrage by praising the 9/11 terrorists.

He then blamed the Government and the British public for the 7/7 blasts in London that killed 52 people.

He was exiled to Lebanon in 2005 after costing British taxpayers £300,000 by raising his family here on handouts.

Bakri’s rant comes just weeks after his daughter Yasmin was exposed as a sexy pole dancer by The Sun.

HATE preacher Anjem Choudary yesterday warned British Muslims that giving sweets to kids on Halloween is “the greatest crime any person can commit”.

Omar Bakri’s right-hand man, 41 — whose family lives on £25,000 a year in benefits — wrote online that anyone taking part would face “hellfire”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1834561.ece

It's just a damn armband.
  • Re: 'The X Fatwa'
     Reply #1 - October 22, 2008, 02:40 PM

When I was muslim I always dreaded muslims doing/saying stupid things, reflecting badly on the rest of us. When I heard there was a shooting at a mall or such, I'd think, "Oh god, I hope it's not a muslim". Maybe it's a little twisted, but I was relieved Virginia Tech wasn't a muslim.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #2 - October 22, 2008, 02:53 PM

I just read the comments on the news page...and I'm saddened by how people think of 'foreigners' :(
     Reply #3 - October 22, 2008, 02:59 PM

I just read the comments on the news page...and I'm saddened by how people think of 'foreigners' :(

They only reflect a minority. While they're all creasing up, we're here having a laugh at old Bakkers.
     Reply #4 - October 22, 2008, 02:59 PM

Relax, it's probably a publicity elephant trap set by Simon Cowell to get the viewing figures up and Bakri fell right into it.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #5 - October 23, 2008, 07:26 PM

***Oh god, I hope it's not a muslim***

I am not -- nor have I ever been -- a Muslim, Awais ... but for decades now, I have hoped exactly as you did. I can only imagine how frustrating it must feel to think that because you are a part of a community and a tradition that you're in some way to blame for lethal fanaticism (we'll come back to 'moderate' religionism somewhere else). I guess my own dread is founded in some old hippy ideal that I couldn't countenance the guilt of one for another. We all share the belief that we're in a minority of one. As I said in brackets, though, whether we are or not is the stuff  discussion in another thread.

Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #6 - October 25, 2008, 03:33 PM

wth! - By far and away the most intresting part of that story is that Bakri's daughter is a pole dancer! I had NO idea.

That apple fell a few thousand miles away from the tree huh!?

...nor shall they encompass aught of His knowledge, except as He willeth...
     Reply #7 - October 25, 2008, 04:41 PM

wth! - By far and away the most intresting part of that story is that Bakri's daughter is a pole dancer! I had NO idea.

That apple fell a few thousand miles away from the tree huh!?

Not really.  It was her father who paid for her boob job.  Maybe if he'd sent her to college instead of buying her bigger breasts she wouldn't need to bare all to make a living.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #8 - October 25, 2008, 04:44 PM

I wish my daddy would pay for my boob job lol

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #9 - October 25, 2008, 10:01 PM

When I was muslim I always dreaded muslims doing/saying stupid things, reflecting badly on the rest of us. When I heard there was a shooting at a mall or such, I'd think, "Oh god, I hope it's not a muslim". Maybe it's a little twisted, but I was relieved Virginia Tech wasn't a muslim.

I felt a little guilty about the virginia tech thingie. I automatically assumed it was a muslim and was going here it goes again.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »