Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "What would you do?"

(Read 4258 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • "What would you do?"
     OP - October 22, 2008, 02:06 PM

Just stumbled upon this video and found it quite moving...despite being a critic of Islam I dont think anybody deserves to be treated like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3jZjm8xMwg

Comments?
  • Re: "What would you do?"
     Reply #1 - October 22, 2008, 02:10 PM

I would have smashed the person of coure. I can relate to standing out and looking different. I'd have made him bleed.
     Reply #2 - October 22, 2008, 03:36 PM

This is really weird. I think I've commented before about the fact that in the UK of the late 40s and early 50s, women routinely wore a headscarf or similar in public and were thought to be somehow subversive if they went bare headed.
    I wonder what reactions would have been if the young woman in the vid had been wearing a large, let's say 12"/30cm, cross strapped to the front of her forehead?

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #3 - October 22, 2008, 03:37 PM

This is really weird. I think I've commented before about the fact that in the UK of the late 40s and early 50s, women routinely wore a headscarf or similar in public and were thought to be somehow subversive if they went bare headed.
    I wonder what reactions would have been if the young woman in the vid had been wearing a large, let's say 12"/30cm, cross strapped to the front of her forehead?

They would wear a bonnet or something else to denote their class.
     Reply #4 - October 23, 2008, 02:28 PM

Hey! Cheeky boy. I know I'm knocking on a bit but I was refering to the 1950s, not the 1850s.

But the cross, whilst at first sight ridiculous, as an overt sign of religious devotion, might not find any adverse comment in the USA, in the situation depicted.
    Comments please, Yanquis.

Reply #5 - October 23, 2008, 02:29 PM

Hey! Cheeky boy. I know I'm knocking on a bit but I was refering to the 1950s, not the 1850s.

But the cross, whilst at first sight ridiculous, as an overt sign of religious devotion, might not find any adverse comment in the USA, in the situation depicted.
    Comments please, Yanquis.

Oh shit yeah, my bad. I thought it was 1800's. Dicken's and that.
     Reply #6 - October 23, 2008, 02:52 PM

well, I suppose the 1950s are just as remote to you. Some of the women used to curl their hair in metal curlers and put the headscalf over those. They used to clank about a bit if they turned around sharp.

Reply #7 - October 23, 2008, 03:11 PM

well, I suppose the 1950s are just as remote to you. Some of the women used to curl their hair in metal curlers and put the headscalf over those. They used to clank about a bit if they turned around sharp.

Yuck
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »