Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello.

(Read 9980 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello.
     OP - October 19, 2008, 09:42 PM

Hello to you all!

As you would have most likely already guessed, my name is Hassan. The username bearing my name was already taken, so being a man of great imagination and limitless creativity I thought of a quite ingenious substitute: Hassan1.

I am, and hope always will be, a devout Muslim. Born and raised in the UK to a family of Pakistani descent, my life is typical of many a british muslim - so I shant bore you with the details. I becamce aware of the council of ex-muslims towards the end of one of my epic you-tube binges - as a matter of complete and utter coincidence, my father, a few days later, asked me whether i'd heard of a council of ex-muslims - he had heard something or somebody on the radio discussing them.

And there began my curiosity. Who are you? What prompted you to leave the religion? To start a group? To mobilise yourselves with such devestating ruthlessness!...so many questions!..and what better a way to have them answered than by the very people themselves.

I know im not the first Muslim to join this group, and i probably wont be the last - so I dont want or require any special treatment (in whatever guise that may come!) - but I do look forward to some very amiable, respectful and enlightened conversation with you all.

Hassan1

...nor shall they encompass aught of His knowledge, except as He willeth...
  • Re: Hello.
     Reply #1 - October 19, 2008, 09:53 PM

Hello Hassan.

Welcome to the forum,  Smiley  I also look forward to enlightened, amiable and respectful conversations between yourself and your former co-religious.  As to your questions, I will leave it to the ex-muslims on the forum to answer, me being an ex of another religion.

signwelcome

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - October 19, 2008, 09:56 PM

Why thank you Cheetah. May I ask what god, prophet, mythical creature or messiah you were once a follower of?

Reply #3 - October 19, 2008, 09:57 PM

Welcome Hassan1,

There are plenty of good reasons to leave Islam. I started to question Islam when I was a child, because the whole idea of a sadistic Allah who was so fond of hateful men in silly beards was not quite that appealing. When I grew up, I began to examine Islam, and reached the conclusion that it's full of absurdity, terror, and immorality. The most repugnant aspect of Islam, at least in my opinion, is Mohammad himself --I cannot stand the idea that this supposedly exalted person, for whom alone the universe was supposedly created, was responsible for a wide spectrum of crimes and immoral actions. This is why I became an apostate.

Love and regards,
    Z

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #4 - October 19, 2008, 09:57 PM

Why thank you Cheetah. May I ask what god, prophet, mythical creature or messiah you were once a follower of?

Lol.  Nice way of putting the question. Afro  I used to be a Catholic.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #5 - October 19, 2008, 10:21 PM

Hi Hassan1,

Welcome.

Smiley
     Reply #6 - October 19, 2008, 11:59 PM

Hi

I'm new too.

A long time atheist, I think since about 8 or 9. When Mum told me there really wasn't a Santa. I started to think the whole anthropomormphic personification thingo smelt a bit fishy.

Anyway, hopefully we can be all civil to one another while going at it hammer and tong. Just because you disagree and sometimes pretty violently disagree with someone doesn't mean you dislike them.

At the end of the day, we can take off our boots, shake hands have a drink together.

Reply #7 - October 20, 2008, 12:03 AM

Hello Ingenico10, funny that you stopped believing in Santa Claus before God.  For me, it was the other way around.

Anyway, welcome. Smiley

Reply #8 - October 20, 2008, 12:34 AM

Hi C

Thank you. I was reading some of the other threads. It looks like this will be great fun.

I always was a viscious little materialist, HA!

The 'jam tomorrow' argument very rapidly lost it's appeal with no quid-pro-quo.

Sitting around getting bored out of my brain, sore knees and paying for the privilege.
     Reply #9 - October 20, 2008, 04:17 AM

Welcome Hassan1 (and ingenico),

I am a secular catholic. I appreciate the structure of catholicism, I do not know if god exists or not, but if he does exist, we as humans, will have a duty to take every possible step to contain such a threat through amiable means or most probably just kill him/her, at whatever personal cost to us. Of course such a concept might sound foreign to people taught to just submit since birth, and it might sound terrifying to cowards. I admit I used to be a little bit of both.

Now, I will not ask you about the bad part of the islamic juhanam, the bad stuff, I will ask you about the islamic janna, the good stuff. Do you really want to end up spending eternity in the house of a megalomaniac? a narcissist? Do you think that will bring you peace or happiness? Is that something nice? Do you want to live in an eternity with 'servants'? Servants? Who will have to live their eternity as 'servants'? to who, to you? Why are you looking forward for this? Aren't you better off choosing to stay dead.

Cheers,

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #10 - October 20, 2008, 05:03 AM

Hi B

Thank you for your welcome.

Reply #11 - October 20, 2008, 09:39 AM

a secular catholic. I appreciate the structure of catholicism, I do not know if god exists or not, but if he does exist, we as humans, will have a duty to take every possible step to contain such a threat through amiable means or most probably just kill him/her, at whatever personal cost to us. Of course such a concept might sound foreign to people taught to just submit since birth, and it might sound terrifying to cowards. I admit I used to be a little bit of both.

Cheesy  Wtf?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #12 - October 20, 2008, 09:56 AM

Welcome Hassan1  Smiley , Hope to share interesting discussions with you.
    and welcome ingenico10 (BTW, santa is real  bunny,  not sure about God though)
     Reply #13 - October 20, 2008, 10:31 AM

Welcome, welcome and all that jazz.

Ah yes, I've always questioned the existence of God and why we need a religion to prove that we are good people. Only recently though, did I convince myself that I am actually (and have been for a while) an Atheist.
     Reply #14 - October 20, 2008, 01:49 PM

Hello Hassan1, Welcome to the forum, and I say that not as an ex- anything but as one who was welcomed in his turn.
    You could have just called yourself Desmal Clutterbucket, you know, but if you want to go in for cloning then it's your prerogative I suppose.
    I can understand your obvious fascination with ex-muslims given the scope of Islam in toto, but doesn't a small part of you want to know what the majority of the world thinks too?

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #15 - October 20, 2008, 03:58 PM

Hello to you all!

As you would have most likely already guessed, my name is Hassan. The username bearing my name was already taken, so being a man of great imagination and limitless creativity I thought of a quite ingenious substitute: Hassan1.

I am, and hope always will be, a devout Muslim. Born and raised in the UK to a family of Pakistani descent, my life is typical of many a british muslim - so I shant bore you with the details. I becamce aware of the council of ex-muslims towards the end of one of my epic you-tube binges - as a matter of complete and utter coincidence, my father, a few days later, asked me whether i'd heard of a council of ex-muslims - he had heard something or somebody on the radio discussing them.

And there began my curiosity. Who are you? What prompted you to leave the religion? To start a group? To mobilise yourselves with such devestating ruthlessness!...so many questions!..and what better a way to have them answered than by the very people themselves.

I know im not the first Muslim to join this group, and i probably wont be the last - so I dont want or require any special treatment (in whatever guise that may come!) - but I do look forward to some very amiable, respectful and enlightened conversation with you all.

Hassan1

Salams Hassan,

As you can see I am the one who got that username first  grin12

As for the reasons why the CEMB was started, I think the manifesto explains better than I can.

But I personally got involved mainly because I feel that people should be free to leave (or join) any religion they wish without fear of intimidation, threats or stigma.

Nothing "ruthless" about that really.

Look forward to hearing from you more,

Hassan (the REAL one LOL  grin12 )
     Reply #16 - October 22, 2008, 02:10 AM

Asalamu alaykum, Hassan1.

Good to see a fellow muslim who can come here and tell these people about why they are wrong.  Smiley

Reply #17 - October 22, 2008, 03:24 AM

Welcome Hassan1  Smiley , Hope to share interesting discussions with you.
    and welcome ingenico10 (BTW, santa is real  bunny,  not sure about God though)

Hello, L. This is really promosing. You can actually get devout believers arguing with atheists and "apostates" (I know it is a technically correct term, I hate that word because it has such negative connotations) without going totally rabid.

Hey, if everyone just talked about their differences instead of fighting, we would be a lot better off. Yes, yes, I know that sounds a bit trite but there you go. It is why I have Rincewind as an avatar, if everyone ran instead of fought, well, Rincewind's still with us, isn't he?

I don't mind a good scrap, but so long as you aern't malicious, it's a good bit of stress relief really

I have been condemned to gargling sulphur for eternity by a few fundamentalist christians and was threatened by a muslim on another forum.
    If I have a fault, and I am the first to acknowledge that I have more than a few, it is that I just can't take religious belief seriously. I take it's effects seriously, but not the belief part, I'm afraid.

So long as people realise you are targeting the belief and not the actual person, thats all that matters.

Reply #18 - October 24, 2008, 09:17 PM

Thank you all for your most gracious welcomes.

Welcome Hassan1,

There are plenty of good reasons to leave Islam. I started to question Islam when I was a child, because the whole idea of a sadistic Allah who was so fond of hateful men in silly beards was not quite that appealing. When I grew up, I began to examine Islam, and reached the conclusion that it's full of absurdity, terror, and immorality. The most repugnant aspect of Islam, at least in my opinion, is Mohammad himself --I cannot stand the idea that this supposedly exalted person, for whom alone the universe was supposedly created, was responsible for a wide spectrum of crimes and immoral actions. This is why I became an apostate.

Love and regards,
    Z

Zaephon,

May I ask how "pratising" you were prior to embracing aposticism? What was your family background? Religious? Secualr? Culture reinforced by religion?

Reply #19 - October 24, 2008, 09:25 PM

Hello Hassan1,

I have to admit my family was not quite that religious, but I have some pretty conservative kin, so I had my share of Islam at childhood. I don't think the results would be different if my family were more religious, to be honest, I would just suffer more. Back then, some things about Islam just didn't feel right. The actual apostasy came later.

Quote from: Hassan1
    May I ask how "pratising" you were prior to embracing aposticism? What was your family background? Religious? Secualr? Culture reinforced by religion?

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #20 - November 03, 2008, 05:05 PM

Hassan, you're ok. You can stay. Smiley

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #21 - November 03, 2008, 09:21 PM

He is kinda cute and fluffy.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #22 - November 03, 2008, 10:38 PM

You can keep me, but you have to take care of me. Understand? I mean it. Walk me everyday, clean my foodbowl - no half measures people.

Reply #23 - November 03, 2008, 10:39 PM

Ok. Don't sit too close to the fire though.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #24 - November 10, 2008, 05:49 PM

Welcome Hassan 1, glad to meet you and hear of your experiences.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »