Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Colin Powell endorses Obama, says, "If Obama was Muslim, So What?"

(Read 20198 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Colin Powell endorses Obama, says, "If Obama was Muslim, So What?"
     OP - October 19, 2008, 03:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhsui7AoZ1A

Excerpt transcripted by yours truly. (Starts at about 4:30)

"I'm also troubled by, not what Senator McCain says, but what members of The (Republican) Party say, that it is permitted to be said, such things as, "Well you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim". Well the correct answer is he is not a Muslim, he's a Christian, he's always been a Christian.

But the really right answer is "What if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer is no. That's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven year old Muslim American kid believing that he or she can be president?

Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be assosciated with terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America.

I feel strongly about this particular point because of a picture I saw in a magazine. It was a photo essay about troops who were serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. And one picture at the tail end of this photo essay was of a mother in Arlington Cemetery, and she had her head on the headstone of her son's grave. And as the picture focused in, you could see the writing on the headstone, and it gave his awards, purple heart, bronze star, showed that he died in Iraq, gave his date of birth, date of death, he was twenty years old, and at the very top of the headstrone, it didn't have a Christian Cross, it didn't have a Star of David, it had a Crescent and a Star of the Islamic faith, and his name was Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, and he was an American, he was born in New Jersey, he was fourteen years old at the time of 9/11, and he waited until he could go serve his country and he gave his life.

Now we have got to stop polarizing ourselves in this way. And John McCain is non-discrimanatory as anyone I know, but I am troubled about the fact that within The (Republican) Party we have these kinds of expressions."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/19/colin-powell-endorses-oba_n_135895.html

Ameen Colin Powell.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
  • Re: Colin Powell endorses Obama, says, "If Obama was Muslim, So What?"
     Reply #1 - October 19, 2008, 03:43 PM

Interesting.  Have you any source you can link to for it?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - October 19, 2008, 03:57 PM

Edited, added embed and link.

More:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_c5bbvmqc

Reply #3 - October 19, 2008, 04:11 PM

Well good to see there's still hope left in the 'land of the free'.
     Reply #4 - October 19, 2008, 10:36 PM

I wonder if Obama has any chance of winning though?  I hope he does, but I've heard there's a history of people lying to pollsters about their intention to vote for a black candidate for fear of being seen as a racist.  So I don't know if his poll lead is really trustable.
     Reply #5 - October 20, 2008, 04:16 AM

This is what comes of expecting too much of people outside the field of their expertise. How is McCain supposed to control people saying Obama is a Moslem? In fact, mentioning Obama's complicated religious background forbidden in the McCain campaign.

As for Obama's terrorist ties, they are all too clear. He has had years of associations w/ this treasonous terrorist Bill Ayers. Obama has repeatedly lied about Ayers. If Obama has spent years palling around w/ a man who boasts of having attempted to commit mass murder of U.S. troops at the Pentagon (just like Osama Bin Ladin), then the American people should know about this. This is literally the truth about Obama's friend Ayers. He attempted to bomb the Pentagon (Where Powell once worked) & thus to kill dozens of our troops. I call people who attempt to kill American troops the enemy.

These are the facts regarding Ayers & Obama:
    -Ayers sponsored the begining of Obama's political career, his first fund raiser was held in Ayers & (his wife) Dorhn's home.

-Obama & Ayers served on political, non-profit groups together.

-Obama & Ayers appeared on political discussion panels together (there is video).

& as to Ayers wife, there is transcript of her discussing the Charles Manson mass murders. She is heard mocking the victims Manson's followers & she praises the "Manson Family" as revolutionaries like herself.

As to other terrorist connections & Obama. His house was basically bought for him by Tony Rezko a former Syrian national. Rezko also has been shown to have transferred money to Obama from a known agent of Saddam Hussein.

Obama's father was a former radical Marxist from Kenya. Obama's family is involved today in sponsoring the radical Islamists who are causing violence & riots in Northern Kenya.

Obama's radical connections are numerous & easily verifiable to anyone who isn't content to walk about in pink cloud of leftist illusions.

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life."  --Leon Trotsky
     Reply #6 - October 20, 2008, 07:03 PM

This is what comes of expecting too much of people outside the field of their expertise. How is McCain supposed to control people saying Obama is a Moslem? In fact, mentioning Obama's complicated religious background forbidden in the McCain campaign.

As for Obama's terrorist ties, they are all too clear. He has had years of associations w/ this treasonous terrorist Bill Ayers. Obama has repeatedly lied about Ayers. If Obama has spent years palling around w/ a man who boasts of having attempted to commit mass murder of U.S. troops at the Pentagon (just like Osama Bin Ladin), then the American people should know about this. This is literally the truth about Obama's friend Ayers. He attempted to bomb the Pentagon (Where Powell once worked) & thus to kill dozens of our troops. I call people who attempt to kill American troops the enemy.

These are the facts regarding Ayers & Obama:
    -Ayers sponsored the begining of Obama's political career, his first fund raiser was held in Ayers & (his wife) Dorhn's home.

-Obama & Ayers served on political, non-profit groups together.

-Obama & Ayers appeared on political discussion panels together (there is video).

& as to Ayers wife, there is transcript of her discussing the Charles Manson mass murders. She is heard mocking the victims Manson's followers & she praises the "Manson Family" as revolutionaries like herself.

As to other terrorist connections & Obama. His house was basically bought for him by Tony Rezko a former Syrian national. Rezko also has been shown to have transferred money to Obama from a known agent of Saddam Hussein.

Obama's father was a former radical Marxist from Kenya. Obama's family is involved today in sponsoring the radical Islamists who are causing violence & riots in Northern Kenya.

Obama's radical connections are numerous & easily verifiable to anyone who isn't content to walk about in pink cloud of leftist illusions.

I'm in the process of becoming an American citizen just so I can vote for Obama - and before I pop my voting card in the box I'll kiss it and say this one's for you IHSoter  grin12
     Reply #7 - October 20, 2008, 07:13 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ayers.asp

whistling2

Cheesy

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #8 - October 21, 2008, 02:32 PM

You can choose your friends but you can't choose your relations.

I love these attempts to load Obama with guilt by association, and they're especially amusing coming from the McCain camp, because McCain was a victim of exactly the same nonsense when he ran against Dubya.  The Bush camp did robocalls asking "would you still vote for McCain if you knew he was the father of an illegitimate black child?"  (It was a twisted reference to the fact that the McCains have an adopted  child from Bangladesh. )

Ironic to see McCain adopt all the same tactics that were used against him before.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #9 - October 21, 2008, 03:20 PM

Wouldn't there be something wrong with having a practising muslim as the president or prime minister of the land?

I mean seriously, I hate to squash anyones multi cultural utopian ideals here but a muslim as president?  Do you not think that would be a severely bad move especially if he is a practising muslim?

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #10 - October 21, 2008, 03:28 PM

No, as long as he upholds the secular law and keeps his devotions personal and not imposed on the state.

Reply #11 - October 21, 2008, 03:35 PM

No, as long as he upholds the secular law and keeps his devotions personal and not imposed on the state.

Then he honestly wouldn't be a PRACTISING muslim, at least not by the standards that Islam dictates.

Reply #12 - October 21, 2008, 03:44 PM

You mean the standards you dictate Islam to dictate. He (or she) can believe that Islam does not dictate he rule by Shariah, so whatever.

Reply #13 - October 21, 2008, 03:48 PM

You mean the standards you dictate Islam to dictate. He (or she) can believe that Islam does not dictate he rule by Shariah, so whatever.

That i dictate that Islam dictates?  No, sorry that's not how it goes.  I don't get why you want to namby around and pretend that the moderates have got it right.  islam does NOT allow seperation of state and religion.  Now I asked about a practising muslim (not a moderate muslim since the two are miles apart) and you want to play semantics and namby around with my point?   wacko

Reply #14 - October 21, 2008, 03:51 PM

I'm just pointing out that in everyones rush to show how non hateful, accepting and tolerant they are, I hope they are putting things into perspective at the same time.

And if I came off rude and condescending in anyway I did not mean to.

Reply #15 - October 21, 2008, 03:58 PM

I'll put up a pole on a muslim forum, see what they think. "Can a Muslim become president of the United States and rule by it's constitution?"

I hope the answers come up with the ayah, "There is no compulsion in religion", and such, and not the standard salafi, takfiri, ikhwani lines, "He who rules other than by rules of Allah is a kaafir".

I like the example of Yusuf, who was put in authority over Egypt by Pharaoh, did he rule by Shariah, or did he rule under and by the law of Pharaoh? Yet he did some good for the people, and his people (Maybe not in the long run some might argue, as they were later enslaved, and some blame Joseph).

(edit: Salafis say one must obey the Muslim ruler, so long as he is a Muslim, and not rebel against him, no matter what he does. They cite the hadith, "You must obey your ruler, even if he were an Ethiopian slave", and the example of al-Hajjaj and Hasan al-Basri (I gotta find this hadith))

Reply #16 - October 21, 2008, 04:04 PM

I'll put up a pole on a muslim forum, see what they think. "Can a Muslim become president of the United States and rule by it's constitution?"

I'd be really interested to see the replies to that.  Afro

Reply #17 - October 21, 2008, 05:08 PM

I'd be really interested to see the replies to that.  Afro

yes

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #18 - October 21, 2008, 09:52 PM

It should be very interesting. Please be sure to give us a link to the thread.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #19 - October 21, 2008, 10:23 PM

Yes, it would be interesting to see the muslim reaction to that idea.  The Christian reaction to separation between church and state is unfortunately not always what it should be either......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4wQfQtpDAc

Reply #20 - October 22, 2008, 05:18 AM

Welcome to Dhimmitude Colin. And the muslims will not care if your son fought and died for them either. Like Muhammad's Nazarenes (Nassara) who were great soldiers, they did most of the killings during Muhammad's raids and got Muhammad access to the best roman armor replicas and weapons. They were reduced to dhimmitude and later forced to convert like any other non-muslim infidel dog in the Arabian peninsula and later in 2/3 of Europe.

Dumb ass Democrats. They had the chance of the Century to put anyone they wanted in power. Anyone. Republicans had a buffoon in the seat and are promising another buffon. Anything the Democrats put forward will win, and who do they put?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #21 - October 24, 2008, 12:40 PM

Then he honestly wouldn't be a PRACTISING muslim, at least not by the standards that Islam dictates.

Which are?

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #22 - October 24, 2008, 12:42 PM

That i dictate that Islam dictates?  No, sorry that's not how it goes.  I don't get why you want to namby around and pretend that the moderates have got it right.  islam does NOT allow seperation of state and religion.  Now I asked about a practising muslim (not a moderate muslim since the two are miles apart) and you want to play semantics and namby around with my point?   wacko

But the "moderate" can easily become practicing can he not?

And what is a moderate? someone who doesnt pray?

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

Reply #23 - October 24, 2008, 12:45 PM

nd who do they put?

A secret Muslim who professes to be christian (taqqiya in action)

Reply #24 - October 24, 2008, 01:57 PM

What difference does it make if he is secular or not? The problem is he will make us eat the same crap we were eating from bush. Bush made the koran the highest form in the constitutions he introduced to afghanistan and iraq where the koran was not the highest form. Bush gave Kosovo to the Albanians. Bush handed 6% of his american economy to Saudis and gave them carte blanche to do with the islamic world as they see fit. Bush removed the Baath government from Iraq and handed the country to the turbans. And Bush was not even a muslim let alone a secular muslim.

I do not know, mayne obama will be afraid of being perceived on the side of islam so he will not be such a dhimmi like bush is?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #25 - October 24, 2008, 07:10 PM

Here is the picture Colin was referring to:

This strikes me, he was born only twelve days before me.

Reply #26 - October 26, 2008, 10:18 AM

I posted the question on one forum, I only got 4 replies, 2 of them negative (No a muslim cannot be president, it's kufr). The forum is private, plus my profile there will expose who I am (you will be able to find out what town I live in, my name, etc.), so I will not link to it. I will try to register at other forums later and post the question, I've just been lazy/procastinating.

Reply #27 - October 26, 2008, 11:43 AM

The problem is he will make us eat the same crap we were eating from bush.

Inherits agenda; Continues same agenda. It's not as if they care about Islamisation, terrorism, or anything else, so long as it works for them.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #28 - October 27, 2008, 09:30 PM

Law enforcement agents have broken up a plot by two neo-Nazi skinheads to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama and shoot or decapitate 88 black people, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives said Monday.

In court records unsealed Monday in U.S. District Court in Jackson, Tenn., federal agents said they disrupted plans to rob a gun store and target a predominantly African-American high school in a murder spree that was to begin in Tennessee. Agents said the skinheads did not identify the school by name.

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of ATF's Nashville field office, said the two men planned to kill 88 black people, including 14 by beheading. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_el_pr/skinhead_plot;_ylt=AicuxulD6DRny9KloOJY3Bys0NUE

Reply #29 - October 27, 2008, 10:36 PM

The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

That should be their IQ and mental age, respectively...

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »