Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: "The 'Eurabia' myth"-debunked?

(Read 32804 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: "The 'Eurabia' myth"-debunked?
     Reply #90 - October 17, 2008, 06:14 PM

Well, for one thing I think it was the industrialisation of murder due to technological advances in transport and weaponry and for another it was to do with the redrawing of the borders that still appertain in Eurabia today.

Of course it did help to have accomplices who would do the dirty work if the reward justified the loss of honour involved, but ultimately, steeping themselves in Armenian blood did not help Kurdish statehood one iota, because the Turks never had any intention of granting it once the dastardly deed was accomplished.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #91 - October 18, 2008, 10:48 AM

Well, for one thing I think it was the industrialisation of murder due to technological advances in transport and weaponry

Actually, the Armenian Genocide was pretty messy.

Of course it did help to have accomplices who would do the dirty work if the reward justified the loss of honour involved, but ultimately, steeping themselves in Armenian blood did not help Kurdish statehood one iota, because the Turks never had any intention of granting it once the dastardly deed was accomplished.

I believe by "Turks" you mean "the Ottoman government." Genocides are planned and executed by governments, not people --but of course, governments depend upon the collaboration of certain groups to carry out the massacres, if they do not create such groups themselves.

In this case, the ordinary laymen who were involved in the genocide readily joined hands for a common cause, i.e. Jihad. The beginnings of the Armenian Genocide were deeply entwined with Islamic causes, as in the Hamidian Massacres. While it's true that the Triumvirate --the masterminds of the genocide-- distanced themselves from traditional Islam when it suited their purposes, they were free to exploit the centuries-long Islamic hatred of minority groups.

A good analogy would be the relationship between Nazi Germany and the Church. While the Nazis were not particularly fond of the Church, as far as they saw the Church promoting a Jewish conspiracy to weaken the Aryan race, the Holocaust would not have been possible without the pathological cult of Judeophobia preached by the Church for over a millenium.

Back to my earlier point.. Islam has its own in-built fascism. Islam did not have to import Nazi ideology from the West at all, only collaborate with them against the common enemy.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #92 - October 18, 2008, 10:58 AM

Sorry about the sloppy Turk/Ottoman ref.
    I thoroughly agree with the rest. And wasn't it Hitler himself (or some other top Nazi) who said 'And who remembers the Armenians today' ?

Reply #93 - October 22, 2008, 04:37 PM

Sorry about the sloppy Turk/Ottoman ref.
    I thoroughly agree with the rest. And wasn't it Hitler himself (or some other top Nazi) who said 'And who remembers the Armenians today' ?

I don't know? I've never heard of such a reference, it may be fictitious or true.

At any rate, the history of Islam is the history of genocide. Mohammad himself, being the bloodthirsty tyrant that he was, had absolutely no moral qualms about exterminating the Jewish tribes who opposed his violent ascendancy. Under the banners of Islam, infidels were tolerated only when their destruction was actually less profitable than a tormented, humiliated existence, i.e. dhimmitude.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #94 - October 22, 2008, 08:17 PM

It was Hitler, Zaephon. Just google 'who remembers the Armenians' and there's loads of stuff comes up.

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »