Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New Board Game Based on Sharia Law

(Read 6410 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New Board Game Based on Sharia Law
     OP - October 17, 2008, 09:52 PM

Been harassed by hardline religious police? Been arrested for holding hands with your own spouse? I have. Now our children can share these exciting experiences with a board game inspired by Sharia law.

Just take home a copy of Good Game, a genuine board game introduced to me by reader Isman Suryaman from Indonesia. After a few rounds, your kids will be cute little Asian extremists.

Open the box and you'll find a board and counters, just like Monopoly. But instead of landing on squares named after properties, children land on circles representing good deeds or bad ones.

The language of the game is Bahasa Indonesian, so you may first land on olahraga ("sport") and win 10 points. But it's even better if you land on menjaga kebersihan ("cleanliness") and net 20 points. Smart children quickly learn to avoid sport and take long baths to amass points faster.

As the kids go around the board, there are certain spaces which tell them to pick up cards from the middle, like the "Chance" cards in Monopoly.

If any child picks up a card which says Kafir! ("Heathen!") they immediately lose their faith and go straight to hell, without having to die first. The last player in the game wins, so the heathen cards encourage children to pray that friends and family members go to hell soon.

But watch out, kids: there are some other very bad cards in the Chance pile. The worst is membunuh orang ("You murder some guy"). Kill a man and you get a score of minus 1,000. That significantly lowers your place on the scoreboard.

But the next card one of the kids picks up has a picture of a boy and girl sitting shyly next to each other on a bench with pink love hearts hovering over them. This looks like a positive card, but it isn't - oh no-no-no-no-no. The game makers reckon pecaran ("courting") is an extremely grave sin. At minus 500 points per occasion, this card teaches children that experiencing two momentary crushes is equivalent to committing one murder.

But keep going and they may get a menikah card, which means "marriage." This card also shows a boy and girl sitting next to each other on a bench, but without any love hearts. This teaches children that it is crucial that they do not love the person they marry.

They get 250 points for each marriage, so boys soon learn that if they wed people they don't love four times, they can kill someone with no penalty.

I like this game. It is refreshingly different from other board games, and I think I can honestly say espouses a unique set of values.

Okay, so it has a really naff name - I mean, "Good Game," what were they thinking? But it is a nice change from Monopoly. Play that and you spend all your time trying to be a nasty landlord who bankrupts everyone else. What kind of values does that teach?

No, it's better to give growing, impressionable boys some important life lessons. Stay in the bath, avoid love, have a succession of women and then kill people who are mean to you.

You know it makes sense.

Pictures of the game can be seen at www.vittachi.com

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=15&art_id=72805&sid=20972837&con_type=1

Can someone send me this for Christmas?  I think a game that encourages me to pray for all my family to go to hell would definitely cheer me up after Christmas dinner.  Thanx in advance. Afro

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • Re: New Board Game Based on Sharia Law
     Reply #1 - October 18, 2008, 04:52 AM

Cheesy This sound great, and it gives an interesting look into the minds of the people who made it.
    They're bloody nuts.  yes

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - October 18, 2008, 05:34 AM

I'm putting this on my X-mas list. Cheers!  Afro
     Reply #3 - October 18, 2008, 07:19 AM

I'm putting this on my X-mas list. Cheers!  Afro

Yes, Xmas is an excellent time to take the piss out of the ridiculous nature of another's religion. Whilst you stuff your face, sing carols and generally do as your forefathers did with their hand me down traditions and ceremonies, rejoice! As you pray to jesus and glory in the fact that his dad spiritually shafted Mary from heaven on high (he did, he really did)) to produce the son of God, you can laugh yourself silly over those stupid Muslims and their insane beliefs.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #4 - October 18, 2008, 07:21 AM

We need an ex muslim meet up simply to play this game together lol who's up for it?  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - October 18, 2008, 07:35 AM

We need an ex muslim meet up simply to play this game together lol who's up for it?  Tongue

I'll be the po-faced Muslim cleric.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #6 - October 18, 2008, 10:26 AM

I'll be the po-faced Muslim cleric.

I'm not even an ex-muslim but I really want to play this game.  If I start praying to Santy Claus for it now, he might hear me by Christmas Eve. dance

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - October 18, 2008, 10:31 AM

Hey do they make an online version? We could hook it up to our games button for a laugh.

Reply #8 - October 18, 2008, 10:33 AM

Hey do they make an online version? We could hook it up to our games button for a laugh.

Now that would be TEH awesomest game to have here ever.  cool2

Reply #9 - October 18, 2008, 10:39 AM

Maybe if we're really really good Santa will bring it for Christmas. parrot

Reply #10 - October 18, 2008, 10:41 AM

Maybe if we're really really good Santa will bring it for Christmas. parrot

I've already got my letter written and sent up the chimney as per the usual requirements.  If he doesn't bring it I'll not be leaving any more carrots out for Rudolph ever again. So there. piggy

Reply #11 - October 18, 2008, 10:45 AM

And I'll stop telling my kids that santa is real, see how santa likes that.  If good behaviour won't bring this game (and believe me, I have been a boringly good girl lol) then good old blackmail and extortion should be the next step.  bunny

Reply #12 - October 18, 2008, 10:57 AM

Yeah!  Giss the game or the reindeer gets it. Baseball bat

Reply #13 - October 18, 2008, 10:57 AM

Well maybe we could email these nutters and see if they'll make an online version for us. They'll probably be interested in doing it if they think it'll help the ummah. I'm sure we could get some rich Saudis to fund the thing.

Reply #14 - November 19, 2008, 07:49 AM

Here's another game for the Christmas list...

Wholesale slaughter of innocents is nothing new in games — board or online — where players adopt godlike figures to whack others along their way to victory.

But a new board game replaces ancient gods or invented goddesses with game characters from major religions of the modern world.

Playing Gods: The Board Game of Divine Domination bills itself as "the world's first satirical board game of religious warfare."

Three-inch plastic figurines include Jesus bashing people with a cross, Moses slugging away with the tablets of the Ten Commandments, the Buddha with a machine gun, and a turbaned fellow with a bomb and a dagger vaguely hinting at Mohammed, all to be set loose to "force the people of the world to worship you."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2008-11-17-playing-gods-game_N.htm

Reply #15 - November 22, 2008, 03:59 AM

I want to play too. But what I really want to know is what they've used in place of the hat & the ship etc.
     And by the way Jack , I'm not praying to Jesus , I'm carrying on an even older tradition , the pagan midwinter festival . And I wouldn't feel too sorry for Mary getting shafted by god ... if she'd been muslim they probably would have stoned her for adultery
     Reply #16 - November 26, 2008, 02:24 PM

Here's a card game......

http://newhumanist.org.uk/1915

Cheesy

Reply #17 - November 26, 2008, 02:29 PM

Here's a card game......

http://newhumanist.org.uk/1915

Cheesy

grin12 dance Cheesy
    Loved it !!!
     Reply #18 - November 26, 2008, 04:46 PM

You know how much of a muslim outrage would there be if a European non-muslim country had produced the exact same game?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #19 - November 26, 2008, 07:34 PM

You mean every time a cow farts, Devagana gets a blow dry? Must be the patron saint of hairdressers. I reckon Donald Trump would be interested in worshipping at the feet (well maybe not the feet exactly) of Dev.

As for the poor old zoros: they must be the biggest losers in history. they  discover oil and then Islam makes a take-over deal.
    I reckon 'enery had it about right. I can't think of a better excuse for starting a new religion, can you?

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #20 - November 27, 2008, 10:02 AM

You mean every time a cow farts, Devagana gets a blow dry? Must be the patron saint of hairdressers. I reckon Donald Trump would be interested in worshipping at the feet (well maybe not the feet exactly) of Dev.

As for the poor old zoros: they must be the biggest losers in history. they  discover oil and then Islam makes a take-over deal.
    I reckon 'enery had it about right. I can't think of a better excuse for starting a new religion, can you?

I missed that god.... but, what can I do? there are so many of them.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »