Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The impotence of god

(Read 2681 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The impotence of god
     OP - December 03, 2015, 05:07 AM

Why did God need prophets? Couldn't he just imbed the message into every person? Wouldn't that be fairer to people born far away that weren't  "privileged" to be born in a region predominantly Muslim?

How do consider everyone to be equal when some have been clearly "blessed" to be born into islam.

For an all powerful, all knowing supreme being, he sure does seem to have a certain failing at making a clear and sensible message,  and then roasts us for eternity in hell for doubting the nonsense claimed to be the word of God,  when rightfully we expect the divine to believe in the divine.

I'm just letting off some steam, forgive me if this sounds like a rant, because it is.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #1 - December 03, 2015, 11:14 AM

Once I finally finish Hassan's book, there's a lovely section saying just this...

It's not a rant, they're great questions.
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #2 - December 03, 2015, 12:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• The impotence of god
     Reply #3 - December 03, 2015, 02:34 PM

I was having a conversation with someone recently on the comparison with prayer and blowjobs. Allah doesn't need them, he just likes them. Wink

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #4 - December 03, 2015, 02:58 PM

I was having a conversation with someone recently on the comparison with prayer and blowjobs. 

Hmm that must be god QSD...

• The impotence of god
     Reply #5 - December 03, 2015, 06:44 PM

"WE NEED ALLAH! ALLAH DOESN'T NEED YOU! ALLAH IS NOT IN NEED OF YOUR PRAYERS, ZAKAT, AND FASTING!" -Typical Muslim

I decided that I don't need Allah.

"Whoever changes their religion, kill them." -Prophet Mo

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #6 - December 03, 2015, 10:55 PM

Once I finally finish Hassan's book, there's a lovely section saying just this...

What book is this?
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #7 - December 04, 2015, 08:46 AM

"WE NEED ALLAH! ALLAH DOESN'T NEED YOU!

Allah also seems disturbingly interested into which hand you wipe your bum with.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #8 - December 04, 2015, 10:06 AM

You keep talking about this "Hassan's book". I bet he put you up to it as a marketing strategy!
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #9 - December 04, 2015, 12:02 PM

Cheesy That devious Hassan.

Uh, seriously, though, it's almost finished.

What book is this?

He translated "My Ordeal with the Quran" into English a million years ago and I started editing (with Zaotar's help) and formatting it right when I started working 70-hour weeks, so progress has been a bit slower than I thought, but! Almost done, keep your eye out. It's a good read.
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #10 - December 04, 2015, 12:14 PM

Why would it upset God whether you choose to draw or not? What music you listen to? Whether you swear or not? What kind of god is obsessed with policing our thoughts??

And if all faiths are a path to him, why Islam in particular which doesn't allow room for spiritual growth?
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #11 - December 04, 2015, 02:16 PM

Why did God need prophets? Couldn't he just imbed the message into every person? Wouldn't that be fairer to people born far away that weren't  "privileged" to be born in a region predominantly Muslim?

Some of the biggest Muslim philosophers have argued that reason and revelation are two paths to the same Truth. A prime example is Al-Kindi.
  • The impotence of god
     Reply #12 - December 04, 2015, 02:22 PM

Some of the biggest Muslim philosophers have

Absurdist  let me delete that word ..and  and ..

replace it with religious philosophers . or.....or.....  philosophers of a faith.. .,  

...They argued that reason and revelation are two paths to the same Truth. A prime example is Al-Kindi. Some, like Ibn Al-Rawandi, rejected revelation altogether.

Now,   if( A BIG IF) they argued  that reason and revelation are two paths to the same Truth.., then they were wrong.,   The chance/probability of a reason/rational argument that may lead to truth  way out weighs the so called revelations..  So there is no comparison between the two..

• The impotence of god
     Reply #13 - December 04, 2015, 04:50 PM

Allah also seems disturbingly interested into which hand you wipe your bum with.

Reminds me of the merciless hadith of the prophet and the man who didn't want to eat with his right hand.. "May you not be able to do so!" Making dua against a man. lol.

As far as females and prophets are concerned. The female Muslim women say, "Allah chose us not to be prophets because our nature to not be able to handle it. He loves us that much." haha

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »