Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Last Man Standing

(Read 7308 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Last Man Standing
     OP - October 14, 2008, 03:22 PM

New Series nonight on BBC 3 at 9pm.

6 new athletes but unlike last years, they've all got roughly the same build, height and weight. Should be a closer one this year. Also more weapons in the adverts. Can only be a good thing.

For more information on the athletes backgrounds and the show:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastmanstanding/

• Re: Last Man Standing
     Reply #1 - October 14, 2008, 03:28 PM

The advert for it is really good as well. Check it out on the homepage. It's a show for everyone.

I'd love to be on there one day. Looks like so much fucking fun. Nowhere near good enough to go on it though.
     Reply #2 - October 14, 2008, 03:52 PM

bedtime2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - October 14, 2008, 03:53 PM

bedtime2

Oh come on. I promise you there will be blood tonight. Suri stick fighting. These fuckers dont mess about. They dont even defend by the looks of their fights. Its just smashing the other guy until blood comes out. Trust me it'll be great.
     Reply #4 - October 14, 2008, 03:55 PM

Trust me, I won't be watching it for anything lol I'll be painting, then watching heroes, then watching some more farscape, my evening is solidly booked up.  bunny

Reply #5 - October 14, 2008, 03:56 PM

Trust me, I won't be watching it for anything lol I'll be painting, then watching heroes, then watching some more farscape, my evening is solidly booked up.  bunny

You can watch those any time. At least watch it on iplayer. Suri STICK FIGHTING man.

Check the website :http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastmanstanding/

Watch the trailer on their front page with volume a bit loud. Its fucken crazy shit.
     Reply #6 - October 14, 2008, 03:58 PM

No honestly, a competition of some type for the best fighter isn't my cup of tea, I have plans that are engraved in stone for tonight and even a little change could throw the whole thing out of phase, can't do it mate, can't do it.  bunny

Reply #7 - October 14, 2008, 04:00 PM

No honestly, a competition of some type for the best fighter isn't my cup of tea, I have plans that are engraved in stone for tonight and even a little change could throw the whole thing out of phase, can't do it mate, can't do it.  bunny

Best athlete. Some of the stuff is canoeing and shit. Some of them are fighting. Watch it on iplayer at least. Did you see the trailer?
     Reply #8 - October 14, 2008, 04:01 PM

Athlete?  fuck me that's even worse  Cheesy I don't watch any sports, nil, nada and never going to start.

You enjoy it M, it's your kind of thing  Smiley

Reply #9 - October 14, 2008, 04:05 PM

Athlete?  fuck me that's even worse  Cheesy I don't watch any sports, nil, nada and never going to start.

You enjoy it M, it's your kind of thing  Smiley

The challenges are different but most of the time its about aggression and fighting too. Its not exactly "sports", its more personal and you see them trying so fucking hard. The massive beast with the huge muscles last year couldnt breathe properly and was in soooo much pain because he had to run his ass off in shitty shoes made out of car tyres. Interesting.
     Reply #10 - October 22, 2008, 02:37 PM

Joey won the wrestling. He's a dude. Joey for Last Man Standing
     Reply #11 - October 22, 2008, 02:53 PM

Should be interesting to see who wins this one, even if they're all a reality (Idon't think) TV blend of the same body types matching the same psychological profiles as last time.
    I think Wole has a bit more stuffing than Brad had and has a bit more confidence. But boy, is he gonna suffer in the endurance events: how's he going to bludgeon his way through suffocation in the mountains and all that lactic acid build-up?

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #12 - October 22, 2008, 02:57 PM

Should be interesting to see who wins this one, even if they're all a reality (Idon't think) TV blend of the same body types matching the same psychological profiles as last time.
    I think Wole has a bit more stuffing than Brad had and has a bit more confidence. But boy, is he gonna suffer in the endurance events: how's he going to bludgeon his way through suffocation in the mountains and all that lactic acid build-up?

I totally agree. Brad didnt have the personality of Wole. I think Rajko should have won last series anyway.

I thought Ed should definitely have won the stick fighting, no?

My money is on Joey again. Wole is definitely out of the running. He's too big for the next challenge. Remember how much Brad suffered on that race? Its an open once. All but Wole have a very good chance.
     Reply #13 - October 22, 2008, 03:11 PM

Raiko was a star: first the broken rib, then the axe-identally (tee hee) semi-severed big toe. He played a blinder at the Tobriandy cricket despite that and should have won on that alone.
     BUT- the other guy (I've forgotten the big Yank's name)was meaner, he was no white knight and did what they'd all set out to do - win by any means. It's just that the rest of them didn't regard deliberately breaking your main rival's rib as legitimate.
    Brad seemed to be a very uncomplicated braggart at the outset but proved to be a touchingly vulnerable, nice guy at the end.

Reply #14 - October 22, 2008, 03:18 PM

Raiko was a star: first the broken rib, then the axe-identally (tee hee) semi-severed big toe. He played a blinder at the Tobriandy cricket despite that and should have won on that alone.
     BUT- the other guy (I've forgotten the big Yank's name)was meaner, he was no white knight and did what they'd all set out to do - win by any means. It's just that the rest of them didn't regard deliberately breaking your main rival's rib as legitimate.
    Brad seemed to be a very uncomplicated braggart at the outset but proved to be a touchingly vulnerable, nice guy at the end.

Yeah, borken rib dude. I liked the axe joke lol. Stole it from Richard.

Jason was meaner indeed. I think his weapon was aggression and I see a lot of him in Joey. He did say if you cant beat them you cheat.

I felt sorry for Brad too. Kept on bringing up his daughter and that. Strength alone is not enough and he proved it.
     Reply #15 - October 22, 2008, 03:42 PM

There are different kinds of strength which can all be put to good use at the right time, place and circumstance. They've all been cast for their individual  strengths. It'll be interesting to see how the producers tweak the challenges to refine the format and whether the same character profile wins again.

Reply #16 - October 22, 2008, 03:46 PM

There are different kinds of strength which can all be put to good use at the right time, place and circumstance. They've all been cast for their individual  strengths. It'll be interesting to see how the producers tweak the challenges to refine the format and whether the same character profile wins again.

True, true. The character that's gonna win is the all-rounder and that aint Wole for sure. The weak ones arent gonna survive either. lol
     Reply #17 - October 22, 2008, 08:20 PM

Nope, you get cannon fodder in every war.

Reply #18 - October 23, 2008, 12:40 PM

Nope, you get cannon fodder in every war.

Well put.  Afro
     Reply #19 - October 23, 2008, 02:39 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets crocked this week. Not terminally; just enough to hobble 'em a bit.

Reply #20 - October 23, 2008, 02:40 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets crocked this week. Not terminally; just enough to hobble 'em a bit.

Wole. It will be a "humbling" experience.  Cheesy
     Reply #21 - October 23, 2008, 02:42 PM

Which bit of him? And don't say his mouth, contrition doesn't sound so sincere through broken teeth.

Reply #22 - October 23, 2008, 03:11 PM

Which bit of him? And don't say his mouth, contrition doesn't sound so sincere through broken teeth.

Lungs maybe. high altitude, its a struggle. I reckon his muscles will hurt too, all that fatigue
     Reply #23 - October 23, 2008, 06:01 PM

Should work a treat.

Reply #24 - October 25, 2008, 08:58 AM

Should work a treat.

Definitely. He's in no way shape or form an endurance guy.
     Reply #25 - October 25, 2008, 11:02 AM

Should work a treat.

Nope. Limited by lumpiness and lactic acid I'd say.

Reply #26 - October 25, 2008, 11:05 AM

Should work a treat.

Nope. Limited by lumpiness and lactic acid I'd say.

Im actually starting to sympathise. lol
     Reply #27 - October 25, 2008, 11:21 AM

It's something called 'The arc of the Hero' and one of the set of only 8 themes ever told. All good scripts have a selection of them. Wole's is hubris I think. You can read all about it in Joseph Campbell's 'The Hero with a thousand faces', a book that's still required reading for all film writers and directors. It examines the way in which all the ancient myths were constructed around human weaknesses and ultimate redemption and are still relevant today - as we see in last man standing.

Reply #28 - October 25, 2008, 11:37 AM

It's something called 'The arc of the Hero' and one of the set of only 8 themes ever told. All good scripts have a selection of them. Wole's is hubris I think. You can read all about it in Joseph Campbell's 'The Hero with a thousand faces', a book that's still required reading for all film writers and directors. It examines the way in which all the ancient myths were constructed around human weaknesses and ultimate redemption and are still relevant today - as we see in last man standing.

Ive got to get myself that. That seems awesome
     Reply #29 - October 25, 2008, 11:41 AM

It'll explain the bones of any film you'll ever see or any book you'll ever read.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »