Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Problem

(Read 10414 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Problem
     OP - October 07, 2008, 02:32 PM

For some reason the forum is all skewed over to the right of the screen.  Also the logout button is missing. 

Edit; so is the profile button.  I thought a theme change might cure it, but I can't in to my profile to change it.   Cry

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • Re: Problem
     Reply #1 - October 07, 2008, 02:35 PM

For some reason the forum is all skewed over to the right of the screen.  Also the logout button is missing. 

Yeah, I'm getting that too. Btw, that Christian-ex Muslim site is a hoot! Apparently they're not into 'preaching' and yet every other page is a bible-fest Cheesy

Ha Ha.
     Reply #2 - October 07, 2008, 02:40 PM

Yeah, I'm getting that too. Btw, that Christian-ex Muslim site is a hoot! Apparently they're not into 'preaching' and yet every other page is a bible-fest Cheesy

Good, its not just my computer then.  I think it started when the games were put on.  As for the Christian fundie site, its good for laughing at fundies, but its a bit dishonest the way its labelled. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #3 - October 07, 2008, 02:50 PM

I don't seem to be having any problems.  wacko

Want me to go into your profile and change your theme see if that helps? 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - October 07, 2008, 02:51 PM

Did that help?

Reply #5 - October 07, 2008, 02:57 PM

Yep, that seems to have cured it.  Thanks.

I don't know how many members have the same problem though.  Jack does, so there are probly others too.

Reply #6 - October 07, 2008, 03:03 PM

I'll change the forum default theme until Os gets back online.

Reply #7 - October 07, 2008, 09:01 PM

I'll put up an announcement about it. It'll be a cache problem. Since the code for the menu has been changed but the average punter doesn't do much in the way of computer maintenance what is happening is that your browser is clagged up with the old settings, which are trying to mix it up with the new ones.

Go to Tools at the top of your screen and select "Clear Private Information" or whatever the corresponding line is on your broswer. Make sure cookies and cache are cleared.

Next do a hard refresh on your browser ( Ctrl+F5 ). This will solve the "problem" for you.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - October 07, 2008, 09:08 PM

Aha!  Got my girly, pink forum back. thnkyu

Reply #9 - October 08, 2008, 12:32 AM

I must get around to doing a custom banner for that one..................

Reply #10 - October 13, 2008, 06:20 AM

Hiya... I'm having the same problem now for a few weeks. Everything is skewed off to the right. I'm using Firefox 2.6 and i cleared my cache/cookies and retried, even restarted the browser. Seems to be ok until I log in then it throw everything off to the side again.
    Hellllp!  comp26

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #11 - October 13, 2008, 06:21 AM

Hiya... I'm having the same problem now for a few weeks. Everything is skewed off to the right. I'm using Firefox 2.6 and i cleared my cache/cookies and retried, even restarted the browser. Seems to be ok until I log in then it throw everything off to the side again.
    Hellllp!  comp26

Tried changing the theme you are using?

Reply #12 - October 13, 2008, 08:15 AM

Weird. There's been over 900 downloads of this theme and I haven't had any complaints about it. What OS are you running, Allat? Also have you tried Firefox 3?

Reply #13 - October 13, 2008, 08:19 AM

In on Exlporer, that's probably why mine is fucked
     Reply #14 - October 13, 2008, 08:21 AM

Well if it's fucked you should tell me so I can look at fixing it. I'm not going to know if nobody bloody well tells me.
    Exactly how is yours "fucked" and how long has it been "fucked" for?

Which version of Explorer?

What operating system?

Screenshot?

Reply #15 - October 13, 2008, 08:22 AM

Well if it's fucked you should tell me so I can look at fixing it. I'm not going to know if nobody bloody well tells me.
    Exactly how is yours "fucked" and how long has it been "fucked" for?

Which version of Explorer?

What operating system?

Screenshot?

You know how it was broken last time, the menu bars. It's that thing. It's not been fixed but Im not bothered.  Afro
     Reply #16 - October 13, 2008, 08:25 AM

Well I am bothered because I'm the one who is responsible for keeping the place looking slick. I'd appreciate more information. Thanks.

Reply #17 - October 13, 2008, 08:26 AM

Well I am bothered because I'm the one who is responsible for keeping the place looking slick. I'd appreciate more information. Thanks.

The Games, messages, profile, logout, bookmarks and music menus are all together in the "games" menu when you scroll down on it.
     Reply #18 - October 13, 2008, 08:27 AM

Allat, Singh and anyone else: I am happy to look into fixing problems but I need to know about them, preferably as soon as they occur.

I also need as much information as possible so I know what to look for and/or what to suggest.
    If anyone wants to report a problem with the software please start by providing the following information.

1/ Which browser are you using?

2/ Which version of that browser are you using?

3/ Which operating system are you using?

4/ Betcha can guess what this question is.

5/ What is your screen resolution?

6/ Description of the problem. "Fucked" is not a description.  grin12

7/ A screenshot might be handy too if you can manage it. 

Reply #19 - October 13, 2008, 03:29 PM

Allat, Singh and anyone else: I am happy to look into fixing problems but I need to know about them, preferably as soon as they occur.

I also need as much information as possible so I know what to look for and/or what to suggest.
    If anyone wants to report a problem with the software please start by providing the following information.

1/ Which browser are you using?

2/ Which version of that browser are you using?

3/ Which operating system are you using?

4/ Betcha can guess what this question is.

5/ What is your screen resolution?

6/ Description of the problem. "Fucked" is not a description.  grin12

7/ A screenshot might be handy too if you can manage it. 

Explorer, one of the lastest versions. Dunno the specific one.

Im on Vista

Screen resolution is 1440 x 900 pixels.

Lol at number 6. Os for Jester.  Afro Mine is just that the options that are meant to be in the menu bar arent in the menu bar and appear in the scroll down of "Games" in an unorganised way.

Ill try sorting you out a shot of my screen.
     Reply #20 - October 13, 2008, 09:08 PM

Damn. I can't test on Vista myself. I'll see if I can get someone else to take a look at it. At the moment I'm not sure if the problem is here or at your end.

Have you tried any other browsers? I'm still keen to check this for Vista/IE but that'll have to wait for a day or so. I assume you're using IE7. If you're on IE8 that is well known for still being buggy. Microsoft often release things before they're really ready.

In the meantime I can hook you up with an alternative browser if you'd like to try one.

Reply #21 - October 14, 2008, 05:43 AM

Berberella - yes I had changed themes, signed off, cleared cache/cookies etc, restarted browser, signed back on, and it was still skewed off to the right side.

BUT, now I get on here and it seems to be fine. I usually use the "Verdigris" theme and even that's fine now. It was acting weird for the last 2-3 weeks I'd say. It was probably me rebooting my laptop that fixed it.

Osmanthus - I did try Firefox 3 but most of my add-ons didn't work with it so I switched back. I really can't use firefox without the add-ons that make it the cool-ass browser it is. As of now, it seems like a combination of clearing out the cache & cookies and restarting the darn machine worked... as a techie, I know that works 99% of the time, should've just waited to do that before posting it here and getting you all worked up. My bad...  bored0

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #22 - October 14, 2008, 06:09 AM

No worries. I wasn't really worked up. I know the theme passes full XHTML and CSS validation and I gave it a pretty thorough checkout for cross-browser/OS compatibility before I released it for download, so I was pretty sure there was nothing wrong with it. I expect Singh has a similar stuff up at his end but it's always worth checking.

By the way don't believe Mozilla's search function. A lot of the add-ons will show as not being compatible if you run a search for upgrades, but if you go straight to the version history of one you like you'll often find an FF3 version of it. At least this is what I found when 3 was first released. Don't know if it's still like that. Don't know if you've already tried that either of course. Smiley

Reply #23 - October 14, 2008, 03:06 PM

Damn. I can't test on Vista myself. I'll see if I can get someone else to take a look at it. At the moment I'm not sure if the problem is here or at your end.

Have you tried any other browsers? I'm still keen to check this for Vista/IE but that'll have to wait for a day or so. I assume you're using IE7. If you're on IE8 that is well known for still being buggy. Microsoft often release things before they're really ready.

In the meantime I can hook you up with an alternative browser if you'd like to try one.

Thanks but its cool. The problem doesnt really bother me
     Reply #24 - October 14, 2008, 09:18 PM

Yeah but if anyone else has the problem and hasn't told me about it then it's something I should fix. I don't want new people coming to the site and leaving because they think it looks like shit. I'll take a serious look at it. If I can't get someone to replicate the problem on their computer then I'll make suggestions about things to try with yours. I'd like to find a solution if it's possible.

Reply #25 - October 16, 2008, 06:15 PM

Yo Os. Thanks a lot for fixing the whole layout thing. It's good.
     Reply #26 - October 16, 2008, 08:11 PM

Yo Singh. I haven't done anything yet.  bunny

Reply #27 - October 26, 2008, 10:22 AM

I'm sorry if I haven't been paying attention but, where are all the old posts? I vaguely recall some talk of an archive... help?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #28 - October 26, 2008, 11:19 PM

Check the drop menu under the Search button. There's a direct link there. Your normal login will work. I'm still wanting to restore some of the content but haven't been able to yet. If you want to continue a thread just link to the original and carry on.

Reply #29 - October 26, 2008, 11:37 PM

There is no drop menu under my search button  Huh?

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »