Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Manifesto of the Council

(Read 58834 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Manifesto of the Council
     Reply #30 - November 23, 2007, 09:52 PM

You are agnostic, I reckon that's acceptable to them.

I don't really care what is acceptable to them.
     Reply #31 - November 23, 2007, 09:52 PM

I think CD is more concerned about whether they are acceptable to him.

Bingo!
     Reply #32 - November 23, 2007, 09:53 PM

I think CD is more concerned about whether they are acceptable to him.

Oh right  :-X, well I have tbh here and say I don't actually have a problem with it.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #33 - November 23, 2007, 10:17 PM

Oh right  :-X, well I have tbh here and say I don't actually have a problem with it.

I have no problem with athiests - in fact I swing from Agnostic to Athiest and back quite often.

It's the fact that they only allow Athiests into the inner sanctum.

If that is true - then they should re-name their council "The Council of Ex-Muslim Athiests of Britain"

I just don't like the 'exclusivity' of it!

Reply #34 - November 24, 2007, 11:52 AM

I have no problem with athiests - in fact I swing from Agnostic to Athiest and back quite often.

It's the fact that they only allow Athiests into the inner sanctum.

If that is true - then they should re-name their council "The Council of Ex-Muslim Athiests of Britain"

I just don't like the 'exclusivity' of it!

you can take the boy out of islam, but you can´t take islam out of the boy... just swap the "najis kafir" phobia to "faithhead-phobia" and you get the picture... sad.
     Reply #35 - November 24, 2007, 01:53 PM

This subject is in danger of rattling my cage - so I shall put some insulation round them.

I'm a swinger much like CD. Though I never manage the full swing towards atheism.

I tend to hover around faithhead and agnostic with the occasional encampment in Christianity (Though there is only me in my denomination)

Politics in the council are not to my liking but again CD said that being an ex-Muslim is an "Issue" not a political leaning.

Marxism and Fascism are pretty much the same thing, different method. They produce an elite upper class who are above the law. A middle class maintain, police and enforce the system which enslaves a  deluded and deceived "working class" population. Pretty much like Capitalism but without the option of escape by hard work and merit.

Whoops! Starting to rant a little - must sort those rattly bars  Grin

That happy night was worth them a'
    Amang the rigs wi' Annie.
     Reply #36 - November 24, 2007, 02:03 PM

you can take the boy out of islam, but you can´t take islam out of the boy... just swap the "najis kafir" phobia to "faithhead-phobia" and you get the picture... sad.

Are you talking about me - or the Council Dio?
     Reply #37 - November 24, 2007, 02:08 PM

Are you talking about me - or the Council Dio?

the council
     Reply #38 - November 24, 2007, 02:22 PM

the council

OK. Well I think that was a little harsh - I'm quite certain they don't go that far.

But - like you - I am angered by the thought that they should limit the executive membership to Athiests - and I hope someone from the council will come and let us know whether this is true or not.

(ps - Although I have my athiestic moments - I do believe in God in general and probably consider myself Agnostic or Diest or something like that - not really sure Grin)

Smiley
     Reply #39 - November 24, 2007, 02:49 PM

This subject is in danger of rattling my cage - so I shall put some insulation round them.

I'm a swinger much like CD. Though I never manage the full swing towards atheism.

I tend to hover around faithhead and agnostic with the occasional encampment in Christianity (Though there is only me in my denomination)

Politics in the council are not to my liking but again CD said that being an ex-Muslim is an "Issue" not a political leaning.

Marxism and Fascism are pretty much the same thing, different method. They produce an elite upper class who are above the law. A middle class maintain, police and enforce the system which enslaves a  deluded and deceived "working class" population. Pretty much like Capitalism but without the option of escape by hard work and merit.

Whoops! Starting to rant a little - must sort those rattly bars  Grin

I would say that I am pretty close to your views on all these matters WH Smiley

I think this is going to be my last post on this matter or anything to do with politics - at least until someone from the council let's us know what the position really is.

Reply #40 - November 24, 2007, 06:58 PM

That seems very unfair.  However, to play Devils Advocate for a minute, maybe they are worried about their new council being infiltrated by people who will evangelize for other religions.  I remember that documentary about ex-muslims which spoke about a Christian fundie group which actively targets muslims in the UK.

But at the other hand it could lead to the very thing they want to prevent. In this case the promotion of an agresive pushing of atheism. CosmicDancer makes a good point that then should have a choses a different name, instead of choosing one that at first face suggests a more broader alliance of exmuslims.

1939, T.S. Eliot declared: “When a word acquires a universally sacred character . . . , as has today the word democracy, I begin to wonder, whether, by all it attempts to mean, it still means anything at all.”
     Reply #41 - November 29, 2007, 12:58 AM

Exactly, that's my point. Communism created more suffering, murdered more innocents, and crushed the human spirit in several continents. And yet people who call themselves Marxists are respected in polite society. Why this is is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Ciao Sorgiastru,

It's no mystery. Marxism appealed to the intellect, it turned dopes into geniuses, it generated all sorts of sociology. It's got "smart appeal" whereas the Fascists were all strong-man oriented. It's pride. A hundred million people butchered... and the President of Italy is a guy who had backed the Soviets during their 1956 invasion of Hungary.

When he recently paid a state visit to Biudapest, he knelt in atonement in front of the statue of the martyrs.

(gringos will never appreciate European drama.)

Why does Marxism linger? Because for quite a long stretch anyone with half a brain was  a communist. When I moved to Italy in 1968, Mao's little red book was everywhere... and one of the biggest Maoists was Nobel Prize winner, Dario Fo.

Marxists had (and often still have) their hands on all the controlable cultural faucets. Communism is a pattern way of thinking, so it appeals to a certain type of intelligence.

Millions of Europeans are still under the sway of this ideal whose utter failure they had dramatically witnessed (again and again).  But the appeal of grievance is so strong, that Marxism (ends justify the means) can adapt to any circunstances.

It appeals to pride... and grievance... and something very true: all men are equal.

Very potente

Anyhow...

The very word "Manifesto" stinks (at this point)... and "Council" is pretty tainted too.

I would suggest something more Arabic and poetic... The first words in Arabic but capable of being remembered by anybody... "We believe" ... and then all the considerations of the manifesto maintained, but not presented in politichese, (as if something so vast as Islam and its harmful influences were only matters involving Parliament). That too shows latent-Marxism: an undue consideration of law and politics.

I say BerberElla should order a snifter of the finest cognac and then slightly under the effect, write a killer preamble or mission statement, in which the "manifesto" bit is only one angle of everything that possessed her to run such a site.

Old old religions are not impressed by manifestos. What they fear is truth from the heart.

Sic transit Gloria Swanson
     Reply #42 - November 29, 2007, 01:35 AM

Ciao Sorgiastru,

It's no mystery. Marxism appealed to the intellect, it turned dopes into geniuses, it generated all sorts of sociology. It's got "smart appeal" whereas the Fascists were all strong-man oriented. It's pride. A hundred million people butchered... and the President of Italy is a guy who had backed the Soviets during their 1956 invasion of Hungary.

When he recently paid a state visit to Budapest, he knelt in atonement in front of the statue of the martyrs.

(gringos will never appreciate European drama.)

Why does Marxism linger? Because for quite a long stretch anyone with half a brain was  a communist. When I moved to Italy in 1968, Mao's little red book was everywhere... and one of the biggest Maoists was Nobel Prize winner, Dario Fo.

Marxists had (and often still have) their hands on all the controlable cultural faucets. Communism is a pattern way of thinking, so it appeals to a certain type of intelligence.

Millions of Europeans are still under the sway of this ideal whose utter failure they had dramatically witnessed (again and again).  But the appeal of grievance is so strong, that Marxism (ends justify the means) can adapt to any circunstances.

It appeals to pride... and grievance... and something very true: all men are equal.

Very potente

Hola Santo Esteban;

Theodore Dalrymple wonders how, these days, every man is a Descartes. (Some days Descartes wasn't Descartes.) I think the appeal of Marxism and its offshoot ideologies lies precisely in that, and not so much in equality: the equality is an afterthough; those who speak of equality always dream of "equality" with them on top. Mao's personal physician, a Western-educated, wealthy man, went back to China because he thought intellectuals would be honored and exalted--he envisioned a society with the poor being taken care off... by the good efforts of men such as himself. In return he demanded honor.

It is an old, but very seductive appeal: you shall be like gods....

"What shall it profit an intellectual [to] acknowledge a simple truth and lose his Weltanschauung?"

Seeing is not Believing, by Theodore Dalrymple
     Reply #43 - November 29, 2007, 07:52 PM

I just had a ride home in a car full of European leftwingers. Being the only conservative (and with an American passport to boot) I was collectively taunted. I heard all about Bush,  all about the great American smart bombs, about the CIA financed Talibans, about Bin Laden Inc. in the short span of three kilometers. These are otherwise excellent people, and talking to them is like an old FFI chat on a good day.

But they're all for Saddam, Bin Laden, and conspiracy theories. Politically they're insane, but I am in the minority and they think the same thing about me.

This is terrible? What can be done?

(I'm gonna go to the Neapolitan place and order cozze alla marinara!)

Reply #44 - November 29, 2007, 09:09 PM

I have come across a number of Iranian women who are/have been very courageous campaigners against the ayatollahs and for human rights and they all seem to have been one sort of marxist or another. I have come to the conclusion that it is a particularly Iranian thing, and perhaps in Afghanistan too, and perhaps Marxism supplied some sort of mental support for taking the path of resistance.

Free speech is the source of most other freedoms
     Reply #45 - November 29, 2007, 09:24 PM

I have come across a number of Iranian women who are/have been very courageous campaigners against the ayatollahs and for human rights and they all seem to have been one sort of marxist or another. I have come to the conclusion that it is a particularly Iranian thing, and perhaps in Afghanistan too, and perhaps Marxism supplied some sort of mental support for taking the path of resistance.

I don't know any Iranians but I had the same general thought. The theory of Marxism would be appealing to anyone stuck under the ayatollahs or the Shah. Since the Yanks backed the Shah they were tainted by association. Consequently it wouldn't be surprising to find a strong Marxist theme running through any Iranian "resistance".
    Not only is this not particularly surprising but do not I find it particularly worrying. For all the hoo-ha about communism in this thread the fact remains that what most people are on about is the excesses of megalomanic psychopaths such as Stalin and Mao. Anyone with Marxist leanings but devoid of the other traits, and of basically egalitarian and democratic mind, is not much of a threat even if you think their politics is bonkers. They're allowed to be a bit potty. That's how democracy works.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #46 - November 30, 2007, 01:54 PM

I subscribe 100% to the values that underpin the secular, libertarian and 'atheistic' Manifesto of the Council of ex-Muslims. The founder of 'the other place' does not.

Prohibition of segregation of sexes.
    Prohibition of interference by any authority, family members or relatives, or official authorities in the private lives of women and men and their personal, emotional and sexual relationships and sexuality.

I don't think you-know-who, an out-of-the-closet homophobe, would subscribe to the last part of  that statement. I am certain the founders of  this forum would not claim that Muslims are subhuman and 'beneath lizards and crocodiles'.   I do not think the founders of this forum would give favourably publicity to the views of Nick Griiffin and the BNP.

Spot the difference piggy? I am sure that YOU would feel far more comfortable at FFI.
     Reply #47 - November 30, 2007, 01:58 PM

I subscribe 100% to the values that underpin the secular, libertarian and 'atheistic' Manifesto of the Council of ex-Muslims.

Good, thanks Bob.

The remainder of your post was not necessary though.

Please everyone - no more of this - thanks Smiley

Smiley
     Reply #48 - November 30, 2007, 02:17 PM

OK, point taken cd!

Also, I don't see the words Manifesto and Council as being Marxist-tinted. There is not only the Communist Manifesto. The Conservative Party of GB has its Manifesto. The Surrealists had their Surrealist Manifesto. A Manifesto is simply a succint programmatic statement of principles. It is a fleshed-out mission statement. And Council. What about town councils, county councils, the Greater London Council? Council just means a governing body.  The French for Board is Conseil (Council) d'Administration.
     Reply #49 - November 30, 2007, 10:40 PM

I don't know any Iranians but I had the same general thought. The theory of Marxism would be appealing to anyone stuck under the ayatollahs or the Shah. Since the Yanks backed the Shah they were tainted by association. Consequently it wouldn't be surprising to find a strong Marxist theme running through any Iranian "resistance".
    Not only is this not particularly surprising but do not I find it particularly worrying. For all the hoo-ha about communism in this thread the fact remains that what most people are on about is the excesses of megalomanic psychopaths such as Stalin and Mao. Anyone with Marxist leanings but devoid of the other traits, and of basically egalitarian and democratic mind, is not much of a threat even if you think their politics is bonkers. They're allowed to be a bit potty. That's how democracy works.

Ciao  Osmanthus,

Good to see you here at BerberElla's Palace (a Palace is an A+"place" ). I only attended one real rally in all my life and it was in Rome, Campo di Fiori (the piazza where there is a statue honoring Giordano Bruno ). It contained all the elements of the Iranian protest movement. There were even Muslims... but plenty of atheists and Communists. Being a member of FFI, I was drawn to participate and take notes. Also because some Italian Political heavies (whom I had never seen in real life) were among the guest speakers.

I came away shocked. Iranians are nuts, seething with fanaticism (no matter what their cause). Those people could never form a decent alliance to oppose the Ayattolah. They all had wild looks... and when D'Alema (ex Italian Prime Minister and bigshot of the ex-Communist party) went up on the dais, dozens of Iranians surged forward to lynch him. At the time that almost made me happy (when D'Alema was prime minister, he made mega-buck deals with the Ayatollahs, - despite all the horrific human rights abuses). I could understand why young Iranians could be pissed. But now I'm not so sure. Staying unified takes a certain talent for restraint. And sword-whacks-on-the-head shias lack it. This does not mean that they lack intelligence, in fact, it means more that they lack stupidity.

(To start with, they should all become Christians.)

That was the highlight of the rally... Real fear in D'Alema's eues. ... that and there was another moment when an Iranian student called for burning down mosques and actually got a big applause from the Italians, until a smart Leftwinger shouted in protest that Islam is a religion and - burning mosques is Fascistic. And that was followed by a lot of hubbub in the crowd.

=========================

I know that Manifesto and Counciil aren't words belonging to the Communist  and Marxist Parties, but Manifesto language is for those who like it and the CouncilofMuslims  (at least for a first post) is for anyone who clicks here.

If you want a punch in the nose Manifesto... help yourselves.

I don't think anything should be equal, (equitably legislated) except that we all have souls and we all die.

If BerberElla wants to do a manifesto, va bene!

But still... I would precede the Manifesto with something less strident.  Like an "Our Father"

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against us."

It's Golden-rulish.

A Hail Mary would be nice too...

I got it! Start C of EM with an Eskimo prayer... FADE IT OUT and replace it by a "Jump out and Terrify them and Smite off all their fingertips).

The point I'm trying to make is that Islam is not just a Political Manifesto sort of thing. The Eskimos whose prayer was so beautiful (we hope) probably live in societies that are not up to the par of a classy Parisian Arrondissment, their politics is probably entirely based on pork barreling (or whale sperm barreling) , they are primitive people, but they don't have the "madness" of Islam in them. Whether the rest of the madness in them is tolerable depends on whether you are Marxist/Calvinist oriented.

Now could an Eskimo survive all the fancy claiuses of BerberElla's manifesto? I doubt it. Thiough his prayer (we hope) spoke of love and help and tolerance and wife-swapping, the rest of him would be too primitive. He wouldn't be a Council of ExMuslims sort of guy (except for the fact that like half of us around here, he was never an ax-Muslim!)

Reply #50 - December 01, 2007, 06:15 AM

Gidday Ioshka. How're they hanging?  Grin

Well, glad you like the palace. It isn't Versailles, but then the upkeep is less. I can think of several Iranians that seem a bit nuts at times, but from the little I've had to do with the council lot they don't seem too bad. To be perfectly honest we're in two minds about some aspects of their policies and are quite determined to run this place our own way if there's any conflict of ideas.
    I'm not in favour of burning mosques any more than I'd be in favour of burning the Vatican. Some of the architecture is lovely.

Anyway, the manifesto. I like some bits of it. Other parts are a tad OTT in my opinion but like I said we're all allowed to be a bit potty in a democracy. Some people even think I'm a bit potty. Naturally this is purely due to mental deficiencies on their part.
    We're not likely to be prefacing anything with Catholic prayers but if you want to preface your posts with them that's quite alright with us.

As for the Eskimos being primitive, I'm not so sure about that. Being a fan of boats (particularly timber ones) I happen to know a bit about Inuit (to use the name they prefer) kayaks. They're actually very sophisticated and finely tuned. Ditto for the ancillary equipment and the techniques involved in using them. I don't know anything about Inuit religion and philosophy but I wouldn't underestimate them. Their brains are as good as anyone else's.

By the way, the word "eskimo" means "eater of raw meat". I think it was originally Russian or something.
    The Inuit regard it as an insult (even though they do eat raw meat and aren't ashamed of it).

Reply #51 - December 01, 2007, 11:44 AM

About the Manifesto and the Council. Did Berberella write the Manifesto or is it from another source? I'm a little confused here. What exactly are the links between this forum and the Council of ex-Muslims of  Britain chaired by Maryam Namazie? Is this Berberella's forum or that of the Council or both?

osmanthus writes :

By the way, the word "eskimo" means "eater of raw meat". I think it was originally Russian or something.
    The Inuit regard it as an insult (even though they do eat raw meat and aren't ashamed of it).

No it's not Russian but Cree Indian. Inuit simply means 'human'. Interesting example here of disdain from one North American 'First Nation' towards another and of the supremacist assumptions of the other - presumably for the Inuit other human beings are or were not quite human. Ainsi va l'humanité.....

However, as Ioshka has said, at least the Inuit are not Muslims. If they were how would they fast during a Ramadan that fell during their winter? And how would they fast during a Ramadan in which the sun never sets? I bet Greenland is a 100% Islam-free country!
     Reply #52 - December 01, 2007, 12:02 PM

About the Manifesto and the Council. Did Berberella write the Manifesto or is it from another source? I'm a little confused here. What exactly are the links between this forum and the Council of ex-Muslims of  Britain chaired by Maryam Namazie? Is this Berberella's forum or that of the Council or both?

The Council of ex-Muslims of Britain wrote the manifesto. It's theirs. The link between them and this forum is that they started a Google group, which never really took off as they lack the functionality of a proper forum. Still, Burbles and Cosmic got some of us posting on the Google group as an alternative to the other place.
    Because it was boring as hell we started talking about a proper forum. Burbles pushed the council to start one and after much pushing Maryam said go and do it. At this stage we thought it was something that'd require a hefty injection of cash to get up and running.
    Anyway, I was a member on another forum (Rants'n'Raves) and suggested Burbles post her story there. The head honcho (Matt) decided to help. He allowed us to share his server (at least initially) as it was already paid for and had ample space. He also put us onto the SMF software, which is open source and free to download and install. It's substantially better than phpBB and in many respects the equal of vBulletin (the gold standard, but pricey).
    Cosmic bought the domain and Matt set up the forum for us. He's still officially an admin and available for advice, but he's busy as hell with his own stuff so we run this place.
    Now, this has been talked about and the way we feel about it is this: the council had no input into setting this place up. We've done it all with Matt's generous assistance. So, if there's any conflict of opinion between us and the council guess who's getting their way. Burbles outranks Maryam on this forum.
    Having said that, although we don't agree with her on every point we are impressed with the way Maryam handles herself in public and in private communication. Some of the other council members we've had contact with seem like good sorts too. So we're not antagonistic to them.

ETA: For anyone who's impressed with this forum but wary of those who publish manifestos you could always send a small donation Matt's way. His site is not the most reserved and scholarly one on the net, but it's a damned good one nonetheless and getting better all the time. Be warned though that most of the members are not religious. Cheesy
    http://www.rantsnraves.org/index.php
    The staff have already decided to send him something for Christmas out of our own pockets.

Reply #53 - December 01, 2007, 07:30 PM

The Council of ex-Muslims of Britain wrote the manifesto. It's theirs. The link between them and this forum is that they started a Google group, which never really took off as they lack the functionality of a proper forum. Still, Burbles and Cosmic got some of us posting on the Google group as an alternative to the other place.
    Because it was boring as hell we started talking about a proper forum. Burbles pushed the council to start one and after much pushing Maryam said go and do it. At this stage we thought it was something that'd require a hefty injection of cash to get up and running.
    Anyway, I was a member on another forum (Rants'n'Raves) and suggested Burbles post her story there. The head honcho (Matt) decided to help. He allowed us to share his server (at least initially) as it was already paid for and had ample space. He also put us onto the SMF software, which is open source and free to download and install. It's substantially better than phpBB and in many respects the equal of vBulletin (the gold standard, but pricey).
    Cosmic bought the domain and Matt set up the forum for us. He's still officially an admin and available for advice, but he's busy as hell with his own stuff so we run this place.
    Now, this has been talked about and the way we feel about it is this: the council had no input into setting this place up. We've done it all with Matt's generous assistance. So, if there's any conflict of opinion between us and the council guess who's getting their way. Burbles outranks Maryam on this forum.
    Having said that, although we don't agree with her on every point we are impressed with the way Maryam handles herself in public and in private communication. Some of the other council members we've had contact with seem like good sorts too. So we're not antagonistic to them.

ETA: For anyone who's impressed with this forum but wary of those who publish manifestos you could always send a small donation Matt's way. His site is not the most reserved and scholarly one on the net, but it's a damned good one nonetheless and getting better all the time. Be warned though that most of the members are not religious. Cheesy
    http://www.rantsnraves.org/index.php
    The staff have already decided to send him something for Christmas out of our own pockets.

Excellent summary Ozzie Smiley
     Reply #54 - December 02, 2007, 07:35 PM

Yes, thanks os, everything is much clearer now!

Reply #55 - December 02, 2007, 09:51 PM

Ciao Osmanthus,

Kayaks are primitive... Trust me... They make these motor-driven boats nowadays, some even inflatable too. I figure that if a country or a nation-people can't make its own helicopters, then they can be classified as primitive. (Warning: this is an act of  Purely arbitrary judgment, use only for conversational purposes).

But I didn't mean to discuss whether Innuits make the world's best passenger-flipping water craft on the planet... (in a geographical area where most people die after 2 seconds of exposure).  I wanted to show a people whose prayers, despite hardship, were happy, positive and wondrous... 

This is really not a problem... I live in a hotel room and I have a mission statement

What to do in case of fire...  I'm glad it's there and it shows the basic layout...

THIS IS IT (this is what we are)... Plus there's Gideon in a drawer, a TV called entertainment zone (feature pay-porn).

It's full of mission statements, frequent flyers and manifestos.

Whatever happened to anarchy?

Reply #56 - December 02, 2007, 09:58 PM

I refuse to have Gideon in any hotel room. If the place is infested with one when I move in I put it out in the corridor.
    As for the rest, ignore it. If you feel like jumping out the window when there's a fire feel free to be anarchistic.

Reply #57 - December 02, 2007, 10:31 PM

I refuse to have Gideon in any hotel room. If the place is infested with one when I move in I put it out in the corridor.
    As for the rest, ignore it. If you feel like jumping out the window when there's a fire feel free to be anarchistic.

First thing I do is check to see if the toilet flushes. If it doesn't then I demand a change. I know my rights!

Reply #58 - December 03, 2007, 12:09 AM

Ciao Bob,

However, as Ioshka has said, at least the Inuit are not Muslims. If they were how would they fast during a Ramadan that fell during their winter? And how would they fast during a Ramadan in which the sun never sets? I bet Greenland is a 100% Islam-free country!

It's not just a matter of actual physical impediments. Those people are simply not the manifesto-abiding type, but nonetheless they are blessedly free of those sins that have made Islam a special case. 

Another group, closer to home would be the Sicilians. No Sicilian woud ever abide by some British style manifesto. People with cultures don't think in terms of constitutions and manifestos. The more they do and the more they have lost their culture.

Some of them are even smart enough not to want to be "brilliantly undone," and civilized by superior ethical systems that have not panned out as planned.

Oops! The re-discovery that Islam is a 1400 year old question. Wrong in its assumptions about man... about man's place in the grand scheme of things.

(Insert Innuit prayer)

(Insert woodcarving  of the first French missionary Martyr in Canada)

Demanding rights is one thing, switching off Islam is another. Islam is cunning and as far as Muslims are concerned, Allah made that manifesto. A Muslim questioning his faith (probably the main purpose of this site) undergoes a very particular ordeal. Should not a mission statement take account of it?  A redefinition of self is involved. 

[INSERT]
    (penis)

They think you're fucking them over, leading them astray to the immoral societies of the west. They are very concerned with morality... obsessed. And much of the Islamic problem manifests itself in the secrecy of the home.

It would probably take a Phd in psychology to write the best anti-islamic Manifesto. Manifestos are broad in appeal, but here on the Internet it is always just a single set of eyes.

So preface it with a good Catholic prayer... and you can't go wrong.

Reply #59 - December 03, 2007, 05:36 PM

They think you're fucking them over, leading them astray to the immoral societies of the west. They are very concerned with morality... obsessed. And much of the Islamic problem manifests itself in the secrecy of the home.

not only are they obsessed with morality - they are obsessed with only ONE area of morality - sex!
    As any good confessor knows - that is a VERY minor area when it comes to ethics.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »