Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shaneequa vs Cheetah: nice clean comments thread.

(Read 30324 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Shaneequa vs Cheetah: nice clean comments thread.
     Reply #60 - October 16, 2008, 05:27 PM

Quote from: Cheetah
    I challenged you to convert me, your efforts so far are confined to quotes from a silly old book written by a pack of Bronze Age tribal chieftans who knew less than the average 7 year old does today.

Actually quotes and questions.  Questions which, as far as I can tell, you haven't answered once.  In other words 'I asked to be converted but I'm going to set the parameters for how that will happen'.  Sounds like someone was just indulging themselves from the start...

Quote from: Cheetah
    I have shown you evidence that their writings are not true.  Did you even attempt to address that?  No, because you know you cannot.

Uhh. Possibly she cannot but possibly she was trying to do what you originally asked her to.
     Reply #61 - October 16, 2008, 05:29 PM

Given that she clearly came with completely different expectation that Cheetah, I'm surprised Shan stayed as long as she did.  I'm not sure you get to say 'convert me' and then insist on how a person might attempt to do that. 

All I see is the usual atheistic scatter-gun approach and then alot of rhetorical crowing.  Glad it makes you all feel better about yourselves...

Atheist scattergun doesn't come in to it. She talks of twaddle, vast amounts of it. Not all of us are atheist, btw. Some of us ARE religious fruitcakes though. Smiley

Not terribly clever to ask that person to 'convert you' then, is it?  Shan's hardly a new poster.  If you just want a platform for yourself, at least be honest about it.  I'd rather be a fruitcake any day.
     Reply #62 - October 16, 2008, 06:10 PM

Given that she clearly came with completely different expectation that Cheetah, I'm surprised Shan stayed as long as she did.  I'm not sure you get to say 'convert me' and then insist on how a person might attempt to do that. 

All I see is the usual atheistic scatter-gun approach and then alot of rhetorical crowing.  Glad it makes you all feel better about yourselves...

Atheist scattergun doesn't come in to it. She talks of twaddle, vast amounts of it. Not all of us are atheist, btw. Some of us ARE religious fruitcakes though. Smiley

Not terribly clever to ask that person to 'convert you' then, is it?  Shan's hardly a new poster.  If you just want a platform for yourself, at least be honest about it.  I'd rather be a fruitcake any day.

I'm more inclined to think it was Shaneeqa who got the wrong end of the stick. In her gleeful abandon at her chance to preach gospel, she didn't manage to pick up on this point.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #63 - October 16, 2008, 08:09 PM

I'm not sure how you could do it any other way. If someone says "convert me" they are obviously asking you to present something they'll find convincing. Assuming they are already generally aware of the doctrine you are attempting to convert them to (which is the case here as Cheetah had a thoroughly Catholic upbringing) then it's likely they will have certain questions about aspects of said doctrine that they find implausible.

This is what is happening. Cheetah is asking for something convincing from Shan. So far she has not received anything like that.

All I see is the usual theist evasions and solidarity regardless of sanity. Glad it makes you all feel better about yourselves.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #64 - October 16, 2008, 08:10 PM

Cheetah likes Shan and is trying to get her to face her fears and think.

Reply #65 - October 16, 2008, 08:20 PM

Which is a bit like asking a hallelulah christian to question her beliefs Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #66 - October 17, 2008, 03:37 PM

Quote from: Os
    Quote from: sparky

I'm not sure how you could do it any other way. If someone says "convert me" they are obviously asking you to present something they'll find convincing. Assuming they are already generally aware of the doctrine you are attempting to convert them to (which is the case here as Cheetah had a thoroughly Catholic upbringing) then it's likely they will have certain questions about aspects of said doctrine that they find implausible.

This is what is happening. Cheetah is asking for something convincing from Shan. So far she has not received anything like that.

Sure, which might mean that at some point those questions need to be addressed.  Cheetah was insisting these were addressed first - why shouldn't Shan take whatever approach she wanted given that it was she who was asked to do the converting?  Quite possibly Shan is using an approach that she herself found convincing.  How would Cheetah know this isn't convincing until she actually hears it?

Quote from: Os

All I see is the usual theist evasions and solidarity regardless of sanity. Glad it makes you all feel better about yourselves.

Actually, Shan is the only one who has actually bothered to try to answer Cheetah's questions.  The evasion is pretty much entirely from Cheetah (apart from at the very beginning).  And that's just the way it is - no solidarity involved at all.

Cheers,
    sparky
     Reply #67 - October 17, 2008, 03:42 PM

I'm more inclined to think it was Shaneeqa who got the wrong end of the stick. In her gleeful abandon at her chance to preach gospel, she didn't manage to pick up on this point.

If 'convert me' isn't an invitation to be preached at, I don't know what is.  Sure, Cheetah was probably baiting Shan but she shouldn't be surprised that she got what she asked for.
     Reply #68 - October 17, 2008, 03:47 PM

Yeah, I've heard others say that.  Ignoring Shan's questions, pestering her with a multitude of objections on a subject that Shan thinks are off topic and then crowing over her apparent 'inability' to respond to them (even when Shan has already said they are off topic) do not resemble anything like the attitude of a friend.  If you want to get someone to face their fears you recognise the possible pain this might involve.  Whacking them round the head is not a terribly sensitive approach and reeks more of self-defence than concern for the other person.

With friends like Cheetah.....
     Reply #69 - October 17, 2008, 05:03 PM

Yeah, I've heard others say that.  Ignoring Shan's questions, pestering her with a multitude of objections on a subject that Shan thinks are off topic and then crowing over her apparent 'inability' to respond to them (even when Shan has already said they are off topic) do not resemble anything like the attitude of a friend.  If you want to get someone to face their fears you recognise the possible pain this might involve.  Whacking them round the head is not a terribly sensitive approach and reeks more of self-defence than concern for the other person.

Ooooh, get her! You're not Shaneeqa's mother/husband/best friend by any chance are you?

She failed miserably in whatever it actually was she was trying to do, end of. Also Cheetah was led to believe it was gonna be a discussion, as I understand it.

So where do you stand on this then? What religion are you dabbling in?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #70 - October 18, 2008, 05:44 AM

Ooooh, get her! You're not Shaneeqa's mother/husband/best friend by any chance are you?

She failed miserably in whatever it actually was she was trying to do, end of. Also Cheetah was led to believe it was gonna be a discussion, as I understand it.

So where do you stand on this then? What religion are you dabbling in?

My views are hardly unknown, Jack.  I'm a Christian but no I don't know Shan at all and I disagree with plenty of what she says and probably her approach as well.  Even if I was her Aunt Gertrude, it wouldn't absolve Cheetah at all.

And there were plenty of opportunity for discussion.  Someone who wants a discussion doesn't drown the person they want to discuss with numerous objections while avoiding their questions.  'Whatever she was trying to do, is about right'.  We'll never really know, will we?  Cheetah wanted a win! at all costs....
     Reply #71 - October 18, 2008, 06:56 AM

You're A Christian, well that says it all as far as backing her up goes. Case rested.

Cheetah didnt have anything to reply to, just mad rantings - ah, but you call it scripture don't you?

Ha Ha.
     Reply #72 - October 18, 2008, 08:06 AM

Quote from: Jack
    You're A Christian, well that says it all as far as backing her up goes. Case rested.

How wonderfully simple the world must be for you.
     Reply #73 - October 18, 2008, 08:09 AM

Oh, and questions asked one at a time are not rantings.
     Reply #74 - October 18, 2008, 08:22 AM

Quote from: Jack

How wonderfully simple the world must be for you.

The world is complex, identifying bullshit, happy-clappy Christians and pouring scorn on them comes naturally.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #75 - October 19, 2008, 10:27 PM

As I remember the challenge, it was issued in response to Shaneequa quoting biblical threats of hell fire at another forum member.  She brought her own religion to the table so it is fair enough for other forum members to challenge her on it. 

This is an ex muslims forum, so if you just want a platform for your efforts to rake in converts for Jeebus, maybe you are in the wrong spot.  Or maybe you are a  dishonest person, or a fruitcake.  Or in Shaneequa's case, possibly all three.

Reply #76 - October 20, 2008, 09:52 AM

Whatever the reasons, she's cut and run.

Sometimes I can really understand the need for religion, looney tune christian cults, etc. It makes life so much easier if you don't have to think. When there seem to be so many willing arms to 'help' you and listen and give you a new chance to start again and forget all the fuck ups. The potential partners within the religion, the new social structure and all that goes with that. If things aren't going too well, it can seem very appealing to throw in the towel and join up. Next time I have a bad week, I might just give it a go. Any suggestions as to which religion has the most fun? I need fun. I think there's a gap in the market, maybe I'll invent a religion.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #77 - October 20, 2008, 11:59 AM

'Now I have to go, my eye hurts'  Cheesy

Ha Ha.
     Reply #78 - October 21, 2008, 11:54 PM

Dont blame the girl.  What would you do if you believed in the genesis story of Noah,  and someone asked you why the chinese never drowned?

Not much room for manoevre, ( i cant spell that word), really. Cheesy

Reply #79 - October 22, 2008, 08:09 AM

Dont blame the girl.  What would you do if you believed in the genesis story of Noah,  and someone asked you why the chinese never drowned?

Not much room for manoevre, ( i cant spell that word), really. Cheesy

As cheetah pointed out, she refuses to give her reasons for believing codswallop like creating people from a rib - I mean, if that shite wasn't in the bible, no one would get away with it. It's such a stooooopid thing to come up with, I'm sure they could have thought of something better than that.

Hopefully when her eyes is better  Cheesy  she will prove us all wrong (or make even more of a fool out of herself and we shall laugh until out ribs ache, which I suppose is somewhere close to masturbating if you believe in Adam and Eve!

Ha Ha.
     Reply #80 - October 28, 2008, 08:17 AM

"It took you a page and a half to admit to answering yes, and since then you have wriggled around till October 21st , (so far), without answering my questions about why.

I have to conclude that you don't really believe in Young Earth Creationism yourself, nor Biblical literalism.  If you did, you would surely have defended either one by now."

And it is now one week later without a peep Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #81 - November 11, 2008, 05:57 PM

As I remember the challenge, it was issued in response to Shaneequa quoting biblical threats of hell fire at another forum member.  She brought her own religion to the table so it is fair enough for other forum members to challenge her on it. 

This is an ex muslims forum, so if you just want a platform for your efforts to rake in converts for Jeebus, maybe you are in the wrong spot.  Or maybe you are a  dishonest person, or a fruitcake.  Or in Shaneequa's case, possibly all three.

Of course it's fine to challenge Shan on her religion.  Who was objecting to that?  As I understand it, Cheetah said 'convert me'.  If she did, I don't see how she should get to set the terms for how this is done.

And I don't care what kind of forum this is.  If you don't like what Shan is doing, the admins should feel free to warn or ban her.  Until then, being rude is still being rude.
     Reply #82 - November 11, 2008, 06:12 PM

Of course it's fine to challenge Shan on her religion.  Who was objecting to that?  As I understand it, Cheetah said 'convert me'.  If she did, I don't see how she should get to set the terms for how this is done.

And I don't care what kind of forum this is.  If you don't like what Shan is doing, the admins should feel free to warn or ban her.  Until then, being rude is still being rude.

Bollocks Afro

Ha Ha.
     Reply #83 - November 11, 2008, 08:51 PM

Eh? Think about it. Roll Eyes

Reply #84 - November 12, 2008, 08:41 AM

Eh? Think about it. Roll Eyes

If something is unclear to you Os, feel free to spell it out.  When I know, I can try to explain it again in smaller words...
     Reply #85 - November 12, 2008, 08:46 AM

Nope, I'm clear on it. You're the one who seems to be having problems. I'll attempt to explain it in standard English if you like.

• Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »