Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shaneequa vs Cheetah: nice clean comments thread.

(Read 30323 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Shaneequa vs Cheetah: nice clean comments thread.
     OP - September 16, 2008, 04:18 AM

The original has been locked and moved to The Rant Arena.

Let's keep this one clean.

Thanks.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Shaneequa vs Cheetah: nice clean comments thread.
     Reply #1 - September 16, 2008, 08:57 AM

Reading Shaneeqa's 'replies', is like watching a worm caught in a slipstream, rushing down the drain. If only Christianity's spokespeople were all like her, the game would've been up a very, very long time ago.

Basicaly,like all religious folk, she's saying she doesn't have an opinion of her own - that is pathetic.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #2 - September 16, 2008, 09:03 AM

A Christian's opinions come from the bible. So no, they don't really have their own opinions.

Well they do up to a point, but once you hit that point...............

Anyway personally I think Cheetah's playing it pretty cool. She's not standing for too much bullshit but she's not being a bitch about it.

Reply #3 - September 16, 2008, 09:11 AM

A Christian's opinions come from the bible. So no, they don't really have their own opinions.

Well they do up to a point, but once you hit that point...............

Anyway personally I think Cheetah's playing it pretty cool. She's not standing for too much bullshit but she's not being a bitch about it.

Cheetah is cool. The other is floundering. She's even more irritating than my strict as fuck Muslim sister, who at least concedes that she is allowed her own opinion here and there. Gimme Leila Khaled over Mary Tyler Fucking Moore anyday Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #4 - September 19, 2008, 08:51 PM

Not going very well is it? Seems like Shaneequa has done a runner.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #5 - September 19, 2008, 08:55 PM

She may be praying for a miracle. grin12

Reply #6 - September 19, 2008, 09:13 PM

She may just be too busy to post anything yet.  Looking through the thread there was a two day gap between Shaneequa's last post and Cheetah's reply to it, and yet Cheetah didn't really have any trouble replying. 

Maybe even Christian fundies have better things to do than go on about God the whole time.  I wonder if Shaneequa belongs to one of these sects that speak in tongues?  I hope she does, coz it would be  funny even if Cheetah couldnt  cope with debating it.
     Reply #7 - September 19, 2008, 09:21 PM

That would be a laugh. On the other hand if she gets tired of being preached at Cheetah could start speaking in tongues to bamboozle Shan. Cheesy

Reply #8 - September 19, 2008, 09:54 PM

Maybe even Christian fundies have better things to do than go on about God the whole time. 

She did seem very, very keen. I think she's re-evlaluated her whole stance and has given up on the debate and her faith altogether. Testimony to the power of logic Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #9 - September 23, 2008, 07:26 AM

I never cease to be amazed at how some Christians think merely quoting the bible should be sufficient. They simply don't get that unless they have some way of establishing the bible's validity the quotes are worthless.

Reply #10 - September 23, 2008, 07:53 AM

I never cease to be amazed at how some Christians think merely quoting the bible should be sufficient. They simply don't get that unless they have some way of establishing the bible's validity the quotes are worthless.

It is amazing isn't it? A serious brain glitch. And all the repetition too, like ignoring previous comments about backing up statements, as though relentless bible bashing will eventually have us all see the light. I find it unbelievable that in 2008 there are so many like this. No wonder the world is in such a mess.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #11 - September 23, 2008, 10:00 AM

Tongue
     Reply #12 - September 23, 2008, 06:57 PM

Yeah Sally, the Ark! You couldn't make it up Smiley

Ha Ha.
     Reply #13 - September 23, 2008, 10:24 PM

This is a good bit.  grin12

If I were Ken Ham, I'd be able to answer your Genesis questions in my own words.

Has anyone ever seen what happens to Ken Ham's words when they're put up against an educated audience? It's lovely, and thoroughly educational to boot.

Reply #14 - September 23, 2008, 11:17 PM

"You did not ask me to prove to you that the bible is the word of God. You asked me to do to you what I do to King Tut. That means I'm going to personalize some verses to you....anything that is about your soul."

Someone around here hasn't got a clue what they're doing, and even if they did, are going about it in completely the wrong way, and I'm not referring to whatever it is that she 'does' to Tut.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #15 - September 25, 2008, 07:36 PM

'then it isn't hard to conclude he created our earthly mother from Adam's rib.

Given that your first two “ifs” contradict known realities like the Big Bang and evolution, I'm afraid it is not just hard, but insane, to conclude that the first woman was created from a rib.  '
     Cheesy

Ha Ha.
     Reply #16 - September 25, 2008, 09:38 PM

Pah. Reality is wrong. Everyone knows that.  Roll Eyes

Reply #17 - September 25, 2008, 09:57 PM

Just noticed Shan is trying to drag out Pascal's Wager, or if you prefer the logical fallacy known as the "Argument from Sheer, Mindless Terror". Of course it can be used to argue for any religion, monotheistic or otherwise, and it's as full of holes as it ever was.

Reply #18 - September 25, 2008, 10:08 PM

Maybe there is a 1 Ton Diamond buried in my yard. Of course, it is much safer to believe there is a Diamond because, if I am right, then I keep a nice stone. But if I am wrong, I will lose the diamond.

Obviously, believing, however remote the chance, that I have a 1 Ton Diamond can only be potentially beneficial, and not believing in the diamond, could only mean i definitely lose something potentially beneficial.

So I have something I might gain in believing and everything to lose if i do not believe. Right?

Okay, so where is the shovel. I need to spend my One-shot here on Earth digging looking for that diamond.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #19 - September 26, 2008, 12:30 AM

This is an interesting debate to watch, as a disinterested outsider.  One of the things I find intriguing is that Cheetah mentioned historical innacuracy of the Bible as one of the reasons she refuses to believe in it.  And yet, when she gets to Noah's Ark, she quibbles about the amount of animals mentioned in each verse. 

She is obviously an intelligent person, so  why does she quibble about details if she disbelieves in the entire story of Noah and his ark?  I would like to see her tackle the historicity of the Noah story head on, rather than wrangle about numbers and finish with an assertion that it makes God sound not very nice.
     Reply #20 - September 26, 2008, 01:05 AM

This is an interesting debate to watch, as a disinterested outsider.  One of the things I find intriguing is that Cheetah mentioned historical innacuracy of the Bible as one of the reasons she refuses to believe in it.  And yet, when she gets to Noah's Ark, she quibbles about the amount of animals mentioned in each verse. 

She is obviously an intelligent person, so  why does she quibble about details if she disbelieves in the entire story of Noah and his ark?  I would like to see her tackle the historicity of the Noah story head on, rather than wrangle about numbers and finish with an assertion that it makes God sound not very nice.

I do not believe the koran to be the word of a god or even the word of enlightened men for that matter. But I *will* bring it to the attention of any who dispute me that the Earth is flat in that book. I will bring it to the attention of any who dispute me that the Three prayer times in the koran (Three not Five) are determined by the position of the Sun in the sky.

Can you believe this goldie? that the person who created the Universe, would put it down in writing that prayers should be dependant on the position of the Sun in the sky?

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #21 - September 26, 2008, 07:47 AM

I do not believe the koran to be the word of a god or even the word of enlightened men for that matter. But I *will* bring it to the attention of any who dispute me that the Earth is flat in that book. I will bring it to the attention of any who dispute me that the Three prayer times in the koran (Three not Five) are determined by the position of the Sun in the sky.

Can you believe this goldie? that the person who created the Universe, would put it down in writing that prayers should be dependant on the position of the Sun in the sky?

Take your koran bashing elsewhere beardy, we're having a go at the bible and the 'debate' here.

Ha Ha.
     Reply #22 - September 26, 2008, 08:38 AM

Because she is debating a believer who actually believes in the historicity of the bible, it's easier to go for the contradictions that are so blatant.

I agree with Baal, I do not believe in the quran, but I will certainly debate what is within it in the way a believer will understand.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #23 - September 26, 2008, 08:39 AM

Take your koran bashing elsewhere beardy, we're having a go at the bible and the 'debate' here.

I saw it more as showing, by using the quran and personal experience, why Cheetah was tackling it the way she is.   Wink

Reply #24 - September 26, 2008, 08:57 AM

Goldie, Shaneeqa is a biblical literalist. Well at least she claims to be. Mind you I find it funny how people who claim to take the bible literally will insist that parts of it are meant to be read as metaphors. Funny critters. They have no real standard for distinguishing between the parts that are meant to be metaphorical and the parts that are meant to be literal, but by gum they take it all seriously.

Anyway, Shan thinks the bible is free from error. Pointing out obvious errors is a good way to try and get the girl to think. Arguing the historicity of the ark, etc is a much more complicated operation. It certainly can be done, and it's a lot of fun to rip the literalist position apart and leave its smoking wreckage on the floor, but Cheetah is trying to keep things simple at this stage.

Reply #25 - September 26, 2008, 09:03 AM

They have no real standard for distinguishing between the parts that are meant to be metaphorical and the parts that are meant to be literal, but by gum they take it all seriously.

They do have a standard for distingishing it, when it can't be answered then it's metaphorical of course. aloofandbored0

Reply #26 - September 26, 2008, 09:10 AM

I saw it more as showing, by using the quran and personal experience, why Cheetah was tackling it the way she is.   Wink

I saw it more as a stuck record Wink

Ha Ha.
     Reply #27 - September 28, 2008, 04:13 AM

Goldie, Shaneeqa is a biblical literalist. Well at least she claims to be. Mind you I find it funny how people who claim to take the bible literally will insist that parts of it are meant to be read as metaphors. Funny critters. They have no real standard for distinguishing between the parts that are meant to be metaphorical and the parts that are meant to be literal, but by gum they take it all seriously.

Anyway, Shan thinks the bible is free from error. Pointing out obvious errors is a good way to try and get the girl to think. Arguing the historicity of the ark, etc is a much more complicated operation. It certainly can be done, and it's a lot of fun to rip the literalist position apart and leave its smoking wreckage on the floor, but Cheetah is trying to keep things simple at this stage.

Shaneequa is making a strong come back.  She has done well in her last post in her defense of her scripture. Smiley
     Reply #28 - September 28, 2008, 08:23 AM

But pointing out to the inconsistency of details is a way of refuting the main argument, is it not? Especially if that argument is the supposed infallibility of the Bible.

Islam: where idiots meet terrorists.
     Reply #29 - September 28, 2008, 09:24 AM

Shaneequa is making a strong come back.  She has done well in her last post in her defense of her scripture. Smiley

Say what? Are we reading the same thread? Huh?

Tell me, precisely which points of Shan's do you think constitute a strong comeback?

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »