Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Impressions of the pres. nominees?

(Read 19159 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Impressions of the pres. nominees?
     Reply #30 - September 15, 2008, 08:26 PM

I would love to see Obama get elected as the first black President of the United States,  I know it would piss you off, but... well. actually I would love that twice as much. Cheesy

Inshalla, the servant of Allah will defeat the infidels w/ his taqqiya.

Can it get any dumber than this?

No it can not. The servant of Allah will defeat the infidels w/ his taqqiya. It can not get any dumber then this.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #31 - September 16, 2008, 03:45 AM

Well they could elect a VP (who'll be pres if old guy croaks) who speaks in tongues and thinks we should go to war with Russia.

"...every imperfection in man is a bond with heaven..." - Karl Marx
     Reply #32 - September 16, 2008, 03:58 AM

I would love to see Obama get elected as the first black President of the United States,  I know it would piss you off, but... well. actually I would love that twice as much. Cheesy

No it can not. The servant of Allah will defeat the infidels w/ his taqqiya. It can not get any dumber then this.

Yes I know he's a secret Muslim out to submit to US to Shariah.

I heard he got straight As in that Wahhabi Madrassa

Looking at you and like-minded friends we can clearly see the devastating effects of hatred on ignorance on weak minds.

It cant get any dumber than this, you make middle eastern political theories seem quite plausible in comparison

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #33 - September 16, 2008, 06:52 AM

Looking at you and like-minded friends we can clearly see the devastating effects of hatred on ignorance on weak minds.

It cant get any dumber than this, you make middle eastern political theories seem quite plausible in comparison

??. Most Middle Eastern political theorists, even muslims ones, would have made much better decisions on how to tackle Afghanistan/Iraq then what Western theorists actually came up with. And most middle eastern political theorists know exactly what obama is. and yes, it can not get any dumber then this. Voting for the madrassa boy who knows how to talk. This is what middle easterners are good at btw, talking.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
     Reply #34 - September 16, 2008, 03:25 PM

It cant get any dumber than this, you make middle eastern conspiracy theories seem quite plausible in comparison

edit - I meant conspiracy theories

"By the One in Whose Hand my soul is, were you not to commit sins, Allah would replace you with a people who would commit sins and then seek forgiveness from Allah; and Allah would forgive them." [Saheeh Muslim]

"Wherever you are, death will find you, Even in the looming tower."
    - Quran 4:78
     Reply #35 - September 16, 2008, 08:55 PM

I'm still waiting for your source on that story Baal.
     Reply #36 - September 16, 2008, 11:28 PM

Palin and Clinton

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #37 - September 16, 2008, 11:33 PM

What kind of file is that?
     Reply #38 - September 16, 2008, 11:43 PM

It's a link to an NBC widget. Why?

Reply #39 - September 17, 2008, 12:30 AM

Doesn't do anything except put a cryptic file on my HD.  Does it have something to do with a website?
     Reply #40 - September 17, 2008, 12:42 AM

Doesn't do anything except put a cryptic file on my HD.  Does it have something to do with a website?

Hmm, mine just puts an error at the bottom.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
     Reply #41 - September 17, 2008, 02:03 AM

That's weird, because it's a perfectly normal video hosted at NBC.
    Plays perfectly for me. It's a clip from Saturday Night Live.
    Are you two running work computers at the moment? They may have blocked the site.

Reply #42 - September 17, 2008, 02:12 AM

Nope.

\\\\\\\"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.\\\\\\\"-Carl Jung
     Reply #43 - September 17, 2008, 05:20 AM

I'm still waiting for your source on that story Baal.

No you are not waiting on my source for the story. You believed him when he said his Father was a poor goat herder, yet his Father still managed to leave his wife and come to the States for a 50K education and marry again and again. If you believed his Father being a poor goat herder, why should I waste time explaining other relations in his family.

Reply #44 - September 17, 2008, 11:45 AM

That's weird, because it's a perfectly normal video hosted at NBC.
    Plays perfectly for me. It's a clip from Saturday Night Live.
    Are you two running work computers at the moment? They may have blocked the site.

Nope.  Maybe being on a dialup is the problem.  Broadband, such as it is here in the states, is still very much a business kind of thing and not available in all areas.  Out where I live, in the country, it may not be available for another 20 years unless wireless becomes all the rage.

Reply #45 - September 17, 2008, 12:18 PM

Strafio I do not mean to be a jackass. It is just that, if you have your mind made up on Obama for one reason or another (like mcCain being a moron and palin being a monster), then what difference does it make what else u learn about him?

Reply #46 - September 19, 2008, 09:30 AM

Speaking of presidential nominees, cop a snort of this. grin12

Alaska does not produce 20% of US energy

Sarah Palin has claimed on a few occasions in the past weeks that Alaska produces one fifth of the US domestic supply of energy. If you thought that sounded like a lot, you weren't the only one. You would even have been justified to think it sounded suspicious.

FactCheck.org, a non-partisan organisation, has done the research and conclude that a mistake was made. They say Alaska produces 3.5% of US energy and 14% of US oil.

In her televised interview with Charles Gibson of ABC, she said: "Let me speak specifically about a credential that I do bring to this table, Charlie, and that's with the energy independence that I've been working on for these years as the governor of this state that produces nearly 20% of the US domestic supply of energy."

McCain has quoted similar numbers. On Sept. 3, he told Gibson: "[Palin's] been governor of our largest state, in charge of 20% of America's energy supply."

I've had a quick look at the US Energy Information Agency's datasets and have to agree with FactCheck.org. According to its online Alaska data, the state produced 3.5% of all the energy produced in the US in 2005 and 12.8% of the crude oil in June 2008.

As you might have guessed, Texas trumps Alaska when it comes to domestic energy production, with 15.6% of total energy in 2005 and 29.8% of crude oil in April 2008.

Palin seems to say she is going to help solve the US energy crisis and she is well positioned to do this because she governs a state that produces a large proportion of US energy. Quite aside from the fact that this is not true, I'm not convinced the logic holds water.

Before he took office, George W Bush was governor of Texas, the largest energy producing state. Yet after eight years of presidency, the country faces a severe energy crisis.
    Way to go, kids. Not much chance of them running a coutry if they can't even count.

Reply #47 - September 20, 2008, 05:50 PM

Strafio I do not mean to be a jackass. It is just that, if you have your mind made up on Obama for one reason or another (like mcCain being a moron and palin being a monster), then what difference does it make what else u learn about him?

I admit that it would take some persuading to change my mind but I'm still interested to hear more of the story.
    Secondly, although I have objections to both Palin and McCain, I still actually like Obama.
    In previous elections, I wanted Gore and Kerry to win because they weren't Bush.
    Having read Obama's books, I actually support the guy rather than just being anti-republican this time around.

Not sure what you're saying about his father being a goat herder.
    He probably did some goat herding in his life but that wasn't his main profession.
    His father was poor at first because he'd refused to get along at school and his own father hadn't wanted to bail him out so he'd had to take work where he could.
    Because he was smart (he'd done very well at school when he'd tried) some missionaries saw his potential and got him into a scholarship program that brought him to America.
    From there he could've gotten a very comfortable job when he returned to Africa but his political views caused him to have a run-in with the government so they stopped him from getting a good job.

The reason why I wanted the source and more details on the story is because I know that Obama (according to his book) considers himself close to his Kenyan family.
    It doesn't surprise me that he'd support them in what they do.
    That said, I can't imagine him agreeing with an Islamist viewpoint.
    Maybe he trusts his brother to be a good ruler despite his Islamist views, that there could be worse vices from an African politician.
    Either way I'd like to hear more about it.

If you want to know more about Obama's views on race, religion and his Kenyan family, as well as learn more about his background and upbringing, I recommend his Dreams from my Father book.
    Although it's an autobiography so liable to bias, you learn about him and his values just from how he tells the story, what kind of judgements/sympathies/assumptions etc he makes.
    Having read his stuff, I find the idea that he's a closet Islamist absurd and beyond belief.
     Reply #48 - September 28, 2008, 01:19 PM

Palin may be a practical choice in terms of attracting votes but she'd be a bloody disaster in the White House, particularly if McCain has more health problems and she gets to take over. Frankly the world should be hoping she gets hit by a truck.

She needs to be home with her family. They need her, now more than ever. On BBC radio, I heard a report on the 'Moral Majority'. They are supposed to be evangelical...but their right-wing politics are coming before their faith.

They normally speak up on the importance of family, but are giving a free pass to Sarah Palin. I can't go along with that...even if I do not want Obama.

As IHSoter has said, there are Supreme Court judge seats opening up, and I do not want Obama to choose the judges...so, if I were to vote, it would be out of sheer pragmatism.

Why do you not like Palin?

Here Shan, have a read of this article. It should answer your question.

Sarah Palin is a symbol of everything that is wrong with the modern United States. As a representative of our political system, she's a new low in reptilian villainy, the ultimate cynical masterwork of puppeteers like Karl Rove. But more than that, she is a horrifying symbol of how little we ask for in return for the total surrender of our political power.

Reply #49 - October 06, 2008, 08:23 AM

Here we go: for anyone who still thinks Palin is worth a vote check out this.

Basically this stupid tart is running for VP of the States, with a very real chance she'd end up POTUS due to McCain's dodgey health, and she either doesn't know a damned thing about the Constitution or she knows but doesn't give a shit.

Either way she's an extremely bad option. Some excerpts:

"As we send our young men and women overseas in a war zone to fight for democracy and freedoms, including freedom of the press, we've really got to have a mutually beneficial relationship here with those fighting the freedom of the press, and then the press, though not taking advantage and exploiting a situation, perhaps they would want to capture and abuse the privilege. We just want truth, we want fairness, we want balance."

She thinks freedom of the press is a privilege, not a right. Presumably she also thinks the same about freedom of speech since the line between that and freedom of the press is so thin as to be almost non-existent.

On the other hand the US constitution has a different outlook.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now Obama may be a fuckwit or not, but Palin's a bigger fuckwit by a mile.

Reply #50 - October 06, 2008, 12:59 PM

Here we go: for anyone who still thinks Palin is worth a vote check out this.

Basically this stupid tart is running for VP of the States, with a very real chance she'd end up POTUS due to McCain's dodgey health, and she either doesn't know a damned thing about the Constitution or she knows but doesn't give a shit.

Either way she's an extremely bad option. Some excerpts:

"As we send our young men and women overseas in a war zone to fight for democracy and freedoms, including freedom of the press, we've really got to have a mutually beneficial relationship here with those fighting the freedom of the press, and then the press, though not taking advantage and exploiting a situation, perhaps they would want to capture and abuse the privilege. We just want truth, we want fairness, we want balance."

She thinks freedom of the press is a privilege, not a right. Presumably she also thinks the same about freedom of speech since the line between that and freedom of the press is so thin as to be almost non-existent.

On the other hand the US constitution has a different outlook.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now Obama may be a fuckwit or not, but Palin's a bigger fuckwit by a mile.

Last Friday, someone showed me a video of Palin asking what the vice-president did.  I don't have a link to it, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.
     Reply #51 - October 16, 2008, 06:44 AM

It doesn't matter. Barack Obama is our next U.S. president. He has already won. I think McCain is wanting him to win and he has wanted him to win all along.

Reply #52 - October 16, 2008, 09:54 AM

That's why hardly anyone has seen this ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVf_o1C2nI
     Reply #53 - October 16, 2008, 10:02 AM

Reply #54 - October 16, 2008, 10:10 PM

Shaneequa, you are such an innocent I fear for you. In my lifetime we have moved from a position where desperate women have bodged self administered abortions or gone to 'back street ' abortionists who have also bodged them. This used to cause horrible deaths to the women themselves or caused terrible deaths or life afflicting infirmities to the children subsequently born .
    You are obviously not old enough to remember the hideous trauma and suffering that this idiotic circumstance caused to every family it touched.
    The relatively humane abortion laws that we have today went a long way to allieviating some of this.
    Admittedly, there is much to be done to humanise the process by adjusting the age of latest allowable abortion, but don't trash, on dogmatic grounds, what has turned out to be a very humane solution to a very ancient and intractable dilemma

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #55 - October 20, 2008, 12:40 AM

I don't know if anyone has previously posted  this, if so, I apologise. Remember to open and close the door three times.

http://www.palinaspresident.us/
     Reply #56 - November 02, 2008, 08:05 AM

Just came across this paragrph in an election roundup in today's The Scotsman:

***In Virginia, where McCain was campaigning yesterday morning in an attempt to keep it Republican, leaflets had been distributed purporting to come from the state government, saying Republicans should vote on November 4 and Democrats vote on November 5.***

I guess it could have been an honest mistake, eh? Neil

We are not here to fight religion. We are here to make religion irrelevant. NM
     Reply #57 - November 02, 2008, 07:44 PM

I guess it could have been an honest mistake, eh?

Watch out for those low-flying pigs. piggy

Reply #58 - November 04, 2008, 11:37 AM

Shaneequa, you are such an innocent I fear for you. In my lifetime we have moved from a position where desperate women have bodged self administered abortions or gone to 'back street ' abortionists who have also bodged them. This used to cause horrible deaths to the women themselves or caused terrible deaths or life afflicting infirmities to the children subsequently born .
    You are obviously not old enough to remember the hideous trauma and suffering that this idiotic circumstance caused to every family it touched.
    The relatively humane abortion laws that we have today went a long way to allieviating some of this.
    Admittedly, there is much to be done to humanise the process by adjusting the age of latest allowable abortion, but don't trash, on dogmatic grounds, what has turned out to be a very humane solution to a very ancient and intractable dilemma

Jesus friggin Christ! How often DO I have to read that old baby-killer-propaganda? Yerch!
     Reply #59 - November 04, 2008, 11:39 AM

Well you don't actually have  to read it.

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »