Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Apostasy in the UK with Imtiaz Shams

(Read 2049 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Apostasy in the UK with Imtiaz Shams
     OP - November 18, 2021, 07:48 PM

Humanists UK interview with Imtiaz Shams
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfJnDy-rDxc
    Imtiaz Shams is a tech entrepreneur, human rights activist and the co-founder of Faith To Faithless, an advocacy group for so-called 'apostates', leaving high-control religions or cults. Imtiaz used his experience to help apostates who suffer when they leave conservative religions. In 2012, he began creating ‘underground railroad’ networks for Ex-Muslims around the world. He has been featured on the BBC, 'Vice', the 'Guardian', and 'The Times'. In 2017 he was the first Ex-Muslim ever to speak at an Islamic Conference, as he believes religious organisations are important in the fight to tackle apostate discrimination. He is also a trustee of Humanists UK.

Faith to Faithless is Humanists UK’s support programme for so-called ‘apostates’ and those who leave high-control religions. The service is led by apostates themselves, who have knowledge and experiences of apostate communities facing serious and systemic issues. Faith to Faithless supports people who have left many religions including ex-Evangelical Christians, ex-Ultra-Orthodox Jews, Ex-Muslims, ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses, and others.

Reply #1 - November 19, 2021, 10:39 AM

self-identifying ex-muslims still choosing to be co-opted by humanists uk and the like? because that's what they're doing by appearing on their platforms.
     Reply #2 - November 19, 2021, 10:44 AM

Is there any particular problem with Humanists UK? I can't say I know much about them.
     Reply #3 - November 19, 2021, 10:57 AM

it's the problems you would expect with white middle class organisations.

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=31720.msg891456#msg891456
     Reply #4 - November 19, 2021, 11:05 AM

Thanks
     Reply #5 - November 19, 2021, 11:06 AM

appears the article was taken down... archive link below.

http://web.archive.org/web/20210619123117/https://aliyahsaleem.com/2021/06/19/wolves-in-sheeps-clothing-unkindness-and-unfairness-at-humanists-uk/
     Reply #6 - November 19, 2021, 11:25 AM

From a quick glance at that it sounds like the mistake was agreeing to compromise the independence of the group she set up. Involvement with NGOs and the like tends to come with strings attached.
     Reply #7 - November 20, 2021, 12:39 PM

From a quick glance at that it sounds like the mistake was agreeing to compromise the independence of the group she set up. Involvement with NGOs and the like tends to come with strings attached.

Who is She and what compromise she made? I don't think there was any compromise.,  there is a platform which happened to be Humanis UK., so  those Ex-Ms  who can speak openly should go ahead and speak out., WITH A HUGE PERSONAL RISK..

THE PROBLEM IS NOT WITH THESE PLATFORMS.,  but  .. the problem.. is money.. money.. money ..  and you need a lot of it to fight likes of powers that are there which openly supports spreading particular UNQUESTIONABLE STRAIN OF  ISLAM  overtly or covertly.,   and there is NO political force from Ex-Ms  such as ex-M representing member of parliament in any country that supports openly with Ex-Ms ..  because of these problems  IT TURNS OUT DUMP TRUMP BECOMES FRONT END MATERIAL  at the end., 

10 YEARS AGO.,  I ACTUALLY WISHED RICHARD DAWKINS to contest elections for British parliamentary system ., In fact many times i asked our Hassan Radwan to contest elections..

So life goes on  with just sympathies from others.,

but we must realize even Humanist UK  or from other country  become   STRONG POLITICAL FORCE that can sway elections ., that will also be useful.,  and then people will start talking.,   off course you have to correct that course/direction of Islamophobia and COMPLETELY ELIMINATE MUSLIM PHOBIA across the globe.,   Political Islam must be curbed in every country  .. Politics and religions can not become bedfellows to  create brainless cretins  that become leaders of a country

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »