Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: UK Census religion box

(Read 2906 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • UK Census religion box
     OP - March 04, 2021, 08:47 AM

the question is optional but better if it was scrapped altogether.

Quote from:
    Humanists UK Chief Executive Andrew Copson commented: ‘Our message is simple: if you don’t believe in or practise any religion and don’t want to be counted as if you do, then you should tick the “No religion” box in this year’s Census. You may be ticking a religious box out of cultural sympathy or family history, but the effect is that you will count as religious in policymakers’ eyes. The best way to make clear that this is wrong is by everyone who is not religious in any meaningful sense ticking the “No religion” box this year.’

https://www.politics.co.uk/opinion-former/2021/03/01/if-youre-not-religious-say-so-new-campaign-asks-people-to-tick-no-religion-on-census/?cmpredirect
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #1 - March 08, 2021, 05:45 PM

I always thought there should be two questions on this

1) Do you believe in a religion ?

2) Do you believe ascribe yourself a religious identity and which one (ie cultural jew/christian)?

The answer to number 1 in the UK would be far lower than question number two, however it's put as one question.
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #2 - March 08, 2021, 06:01 PM

they say the answers help allocate resources by knowing local demographics - but the state should not be dividing people by religion or cultural/ethnic background let alone spending money on entrenching religous/race ghettos.
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #3 - March 09, 2021, 04:04 PM

I always thought there should be two questions on this

1) Do you believe in a religion ?

they say the answers help [size=12]allocate resources [/size]by knowing local demographics -[/u][/font] but the state should not be dividing people by religion or cultural/ethnic background let alone spending money on entrenching religous/race ghettos.

UK problems are lot more than just faith of general public.. and it starts with the top of the chain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df_L4KvTOtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9rX6Ifzhw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvZYxMCbvEY

UK public has to stop paying taxes to support reptiles and [size=12]allocate their  resources [/size] somewhere else and  not painting palaces...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• UK Census religion box
     Reply #4 - March 13, 2021, 01:27 AM

UK public has to stop paying taxes to support reptiles and [size=12]allocate their  resources [/size] somewhere else and  not painting palaces...

Reptiles? Is this just a simple piece of imagery or something else? Because I've seen some batshit crazy conspiracy theories regarding the true 'nature' of our royals...

But we'll get rid of them after the Pakistani public get their house in order first and stop propping up religious fundamentalists Smiley
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #5 - March 13, 2021, 08:31 AM

looks like this thread has gone off topic so let me also add something random.

covid has been pretty annoying in the uk. not only because of the deaths, job losses and mass house arrest, but because the govt  and the media are praising/demonising "muslims" as one group of people. it's lazy racism to tar all brown people with a single brush and the side effect is empowering the least representative individuals in that demographic, ie irrelevant imams and islamic activists.

looks like I brought it back on topic: putting people in ethno-religious boxes is literally taking liberties.
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #6 - March 13, 2021, 08:37 AM

two examples of "muslim' hogwash.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-muslim-mosque-closure-prayer-nhs-a9411936.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/18/muslims-wary-covid-vaccine-religious-reason
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #7 - March 15, 2021, 03:15 AM

they say the answers help allocate resources by knowing local demographics - but the state should not be dividing people by religion or cultural/ethnic background let alone spending money on entrenching religous/race ghettos.

On paper we are a christian country. It was the census as much as campaigns by the Richard Dawkins of the country that got the views of the non religious/atheists taken into consideration, including religious education in schools.

Nothing wrong with finding out the views of the people of this land.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • UK Census religion box
     Reply #8 - March 16, 2021, 09:11 AM

Nothing wrong with finding out the views of the people of this land.

There's a lot wrong with putting people in boxes based on their skin colour and religion. The state should working towards a society of equal citizens not dividing people by their ideological identities.

It only matters what you do, not who you are.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »