Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Discord Group for Ex-Muslims

(Read 13128 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Discord Group for Ex-Muslims
     OP - November 20, 2020, 07:08 PM

Hello!

First of all I'm glad for the opportunity to check this forum out again, I hope to go through the more active channels such as The Lounge.

As I have not seen anything against this in the rules:
    I have a Discord Server for Ex-Muslims available with invite code 6v5VSpDjpw. No spaces ofc. Full verification only comes after a significant period of activity and an interview, and usually there is an initial pre-screening if the person is unknown.

Do of course be careful with personal information, many of the rules for this forum also apply there.

If you'd like to join but your account is relatively new, you may message me through here and I can bypass AltDentifier for you.
    Alternatively it'll show which invite you joined in on, so I could bypass it either way.  thnkyu
     Reply #1 - November 22, 2020, 04:28 PM

welcome to the phantom zone.

I'm guessing discord is something involving an app? which sounds rather more insecure than an obscure web forum which can only view ip addresses.

but maybe the goal should be to speak freely with our real names rather than hide behind the facade of pseudo anonymity.
     Reply #2 - November 23, 2020, 02:27 AM

Hi Kodiac, welcome (back?) to the forum! parrot

I want to let everyone know the above Discord server is NOT affiliated with CEMB in any way.

That said, I hopped over there to check it out and it seems legitimate to me. It's a small and friendly group, and fairly private. If you're looking for a chat-room style group, this might be up your alley.

Of course, and as always, be judicious when giving personal information online. Kodiac can confirm, but it looked to me like this group does not require any personally identifying information. But still use your best judgement, only say/do what feels comfortable, and remember my personal rule of thumb:

anything you post to the internet stays on the internet forever.

I'll keep this thread stickied for a while, so maybe it will get more views. Thanks for sharing your group Kodiac, we're glad to have you on board.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #3 - November 23, 2020, 02:33 AM

I'm guessing discord is something involving an app? which sounds rather more insecure than an obscure web forum which can only view ip addresses.

I'm fairly familiar with Discord and it's actually a pretty anonymous service. It started as a real-time chat service for gamers to talk to their teammates while they play, but nowadays all sorts of groups on all sorts of topics use it to make chat rooms. It does have desktop and mobile apps available, but you can also run it in a browser. You only need an email address to sign up.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #4 - November 28, 2020, 10:51 PM

Hi Kodiac, welcome (back?) to the forum! parrot

I want to let everyone know the above Discord server is NOT affiliated with CEMB in any way.

That said, I hopped over there to check it out and it seems legitimate to me. It's a small and friendly group, and fairly private. If you're looking for a chat-room style group, this might be up your alley.

Of course, and as always, be judicious when giving personal information online. Kodiac can confirm, but it looked to me like this group does not require any personally identifying information. But still use your best judgement, only say/do what feels comfortable, and remember my personal rule of thumb:

anything you post to the internet stays on the internet forever.
    I'll keep this thread stickied for a while, so maybe it will get more views. Thanks for sharing your group Kodiac, we're glad to have you on board.

I appreciate the kind words, and the sticky!

Excellent point as well about personal information, and I can confirm that we don't require any personally identifying information!

Thank you all  yes
     Reply #5 - March 15, 2021, 03:06 AM

I miss the ex-muslim Skype group. I tend to be behind with tech and modern whathaveyou's despite being young. I never know why the things I use keep getting less popular until I randomly find out something has replaced it. I've only recently found out about zoom.

Fucking hell, I always feel decades older than I am when it comes to internet trends. No one ever tells me when a new thing to migrate to happens, they just move and I wonder where everyone has gone.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #6 - March 16, 2021, 07:25 PM

I miss the ex-muslim Skype group. I tend to be behind with tech and modern whathaveyou's despite being young. I never know why the things I use keep getting less popular until I randomly find out something has replaced it. I've only recently found out about zoom.

Fucking hell, I always feel decades older than I am when it comes to internet trends. No one ever tells me when a new thing to migrate to happens, they just move and I wonder where everyone has gone.

Hey Quod, how are you? I don't know if you remember but we tried skyping once and my computer was playing up lol. I'm with you about these new apps every few years, I can barely keep up either. I still prefer writing in an old fashioned forum like this, it's just a shame it's so dead right now.
     Reply #7 - May 29, 2021, 12:07 AM

I think I remember me saying I was going to restart my computer and you saying "No, don't bother, it's my end". And then you stopped going on Skype. Which fits the patten I mentioned in my previous message. Cheesy

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #8 - June 20, 2021, 03:07 PM

lol yeah I remember, I got frustrated because my computer really was playing up.
     Reply #9 - September 27, 2021, 02:29 AM

Did you ever restart it?

Reply #10 - December 09, 2021, 02:30 AM

Of course not, it's bothering me even now (just kidding...)
     Reply #11 - December 11, 2021, 12:40 PM

how about a casual telegram group?  it will save me the hassle of logging in here to post random nonsense.
     Reply #12 - December 11, 2021, 09:20 PM

I've never used Telegram before. I could send you my number if you insist. I like posting here so everyone can see my posts, even though this place is as dead as a dodo.
     Reply #13 - December 12, 2021, 01:03 AM

I prefer to compose messages for later consumption - probably the wrong way to use instant messaging apps but real-time communication is just too much effort for my knackered mind.
     Reply #14 - February 02, 2022, 01:28 AM

I downloaded discord just to join a an ex-Muslim group. A lot of it is just to vent frustrations against the family. I've been there and done that.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »