Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Armenia Azerbaijan Conflict & Nagorno-Karabakh War

(Read 1801 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Armenia Azerbaijan Conflict & Nagorno-Karabakh War
     OP - October 03, 2020, 01:15 PM

Armenia Azerbaijan Conflict &  Nagorno-Karabakh War .. The New Problem..

On that complicated/complex 1000 year old problem .. recent news  says the following

This conflict IS NOT ethnic  conflict ., TRUTH TO BE TOLD ...   it is in fact age old religious conflict  starting from Abbasid caliphate to all the way to that Armenian Genocide where systematic mass murder and expulsion of 1.5 million ethnic Armenians that was  carried out in Turkey and adjoining regions by the good old Ottoman government between 1914 and 1923. 

and I tell you if it is NOT controlled  and THIS TURKEY TALKS NONSESNE & COTINUOUSLY ENRAGE THE  CROWD WITH HIS ISLAM  this conflict  will be far far worse than Palestine.. Kashmir .. Somalia.. Nigeria.. etc.. etc,...problem..

As that news clip in 3 says  I hope PTI government stays away from this conflict ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - October 03, 2020, 03:10 PM

Armenia and Azerbaijan: How did this Frozen Conflict heat up to War?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi9PGZltK18

What are the dangers that this conflict will inflame the entire region? What are the best options for a peaceful solution? Join Dr. Joanne Lisosky, author and journalism educator, as she discusses the recently unfrozen war in the Nagorno-Karabakh region with a few members of the Azerbaijan diaspora.

The Brief History and  Independence of Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan I THE GREAT WAR 1919

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iyfL6x7xw

Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan used the power vacuum after the 1917 revolution in Russia and after the collapse of the Central Powers in 1918 to gain their independence. But the Caucasus region was of vital strategic importance to the new Russian regime, to the British and to the Turks.

Inside Story - What triggered the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh?
    Al Jazeera 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNw1Ka05PM4

Reply #2 - November 15, 2020, 03:55 PM

Armenia hands over liberated territory to Azerbaijan as part of Karabakh peace deal  says news from daily sabah  The Turkish News....

Armenia on Sunday began handing over a liberated territory to Azerbaijan as part of a peace accord that ended six weeks of fierce fighting over the Nagorno-Karabakh region.  Residents of Azerbaijan's Kalbajar district, which was occupied by Armenian forces for decades, began a mass exodus of the mountainous province in the days leading up to the official withdrawal day.

Thick plumes of smoke were seen rising over the valley near the village of Charektar after residents set their homes on fire preferring to leave devastation in their wake and homes that would be uninhabitable by Azerbaijanis. The withdrawal of Armenian forces from Kalbajar was supposed to be completed by Nov. 15. However, due to difficulties posed by the climate and natural conditions, Azerbaijan on Sunday gave an additional 10 days to Armenia to completely withdraw from Kalbajar.

Earlier this week, a Russian peacekeeping contingent was deployed to Nagorno-Karabakh. They set up checkpoints and positions in the region's administrative center, Stepanakert (Khankendi), as part of the terms of the accord that sees Armenia cede swathes of territory that Azerbaijan's forces gained in the fighting.

Moscow's peacekeeping mission, which the military said included soldiers that previously were stationed in Syria, comprises some 2,000 troops for a renewable five-year mission. The ex-Soviet rivals agreed to end hostilities earlier this week after efforts by Russia, France and the U.S. to secure a cease-fire fell through during the nearly two months of clashes.

A key part of the peace deal includes Armenia's return of Kalbajar, as well as the Aghdam district by Nov. 20 and the Lachin district by Dec. 1, which have been held by Armenians since a devastating war in the 1990s.

Armenia conceded on Saturday that 2,317 fighters were killed in clashes in which both sides accused the other of targeting civilian infrastructure. Azerbaijan has not revealed its military casualties and the real toll after weeks of fighting is expected to be much higher.

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Friday said the number of fatalities had surpassed 4,000 and that tens of thousands of people had been forced to flee their homes.

Kalbajar was almost exclusively populated by Azerbaijanis before they were expelled by Armenians in the 1990s war following the breakup of the Soviet Union, and a majority of the homes being abandoned previously belonged to Azerbaijanis. Some 60,000 Azerbaijanis had to leave their homes in 128 villages and took refuge in other parts of Azerbaijan.

The Armenian government controversially subsidized the region's settlement by ethnic Armenians.

Putin told his Azerbaijani counterpart, Ilham Aliyev, on Saturday to take care of Christian shrines in parts of Nagorno-Karabakh that Azerbaijan gets under this week's cease-fire agreement, the Kremlin said.

Putin told Aliyev there were Christian churches and monasteries in areas of the enclave. "In this respect, he (Putin) underscored the importance of securing safety and normal church life of these shrines," the Kremlin said.

Aliyev said that was how Azerbaijan will act, according to the Kremlin.

Plot to kill Pashinian

The peace accord with Azerbaijan has sparked a week of protests in Armenia where demonstrations and opposition parties are calling for Prime Minister Nikol Pashinian to resign.

The former head of Armenia's national security service, Artur Vanetsian, was arrested Saturday on charges of plotting to kill Pashinian and seize power............

well that is what happened there... will the region be peaceful from now onwards ever after?  let me cross my fingers

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »