Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Paris murder

(Read 15591 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Paris murder
     Reply #30 - October 29, 2020, 03:56 PM

Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi spoke of "Islamo-fascism" and said the suspect had "repeated endlessly 'Allahu Akbar' (God is greatest)".

Two other attacks took place on Thursday, one in France and one in Saudi Arabia.

A man was shot dead in Montfavet near the southern French city of Avignon after threatening police with a handgun.

Separately, a guard was attacked outside the French consulate in Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. A suspect was arrested and the guard taken to hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54729957

Allahu snackbar and piss be upon his 'prophet'. I'm tired and can't think of anything more witty right now.

• Paris murder
     Reply #31 - October 29, 2020, 10:34 PM

The man who stabbed two women and a man to death at a church in France arrived from Tunisia days ago, officials say.

The suspect, 21, had an Italian Red Cross document issued after he arrived on a migrant boat to Italy's Lampedusa island last month. He was shot by police and is in a critical condition.

One of the victims of Thursday's attack at the Notre-Dame basilica in the city of Nice was "virtually beheaded".

Police sources named him as Brahim Aioussaoi.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54742403
  • Paris murder
     Reply #32 - October 30, 2020, 03:16 AM

News says Malaysia’s Mahathir says Muslims have ‘right to kill millions of French people’ if eye-for-eye logic is applied  with this picture

https://i.dawn.com/primary/2020/10/5f9af2852bd78.jpg

Malaysia's former premier Mahathir Mohamad said on Thursday that "Muslims have a right to be angry and kill millions of French people for the massacres of the past", prompting a swift response from Twitter, which quickly took down the tweet, and drawing wide condemnation from netizens.

The comment was part of a larger blog post, which was also posted on Twitter.

Mahathir started off the post by saying that "as a Muslim", he did not approve of the killing of French teacher Samuel Paty — who was beheaded after he displayed blasphemous cartoons of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) — but added that freedom of expression should not be used to insult others.

"The killing is not an act that as a Muslim I would approve," he wrote. "But while I believe in the freedom of expression, I do not think it includes insulting other people. You cannot go up to a man and curse him simply because you believe in freedom of speech."

Mahathir, 95, a respected leader in the Muslim world, further said that Muslims have a right to be angry and want retribution for past crimes.

"The French in the course of their history has killed millions of people. Many were Muslims.

“Muslims have a right to be angry and to kill millions of French people for the massacres of the past. But by and large, the Muslims have not applied the 'eye for an eye' law. Muslims don't. The French shouldn't.

“Since you have blamed all Muslims and the Muslims' religion for what was done by one angry person, the Muslims have a right to punish the French."

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vkue6

well that is the news .. THIS 95 YEAR OLD FOOL WHOSE   mother, Wan Tempawan Wan  was a Chinese Malay of Kedah with Buddhist ancestral background   and  the  father, Mohamad Iskandar, was a Penang Malay of partly Indian ancestry and whose  paternal grandfather had come from Kerala south of present India and married a Malay   Chinese woman  TALKS BULLSHIT WHEN IT COMES TO ISLAM .. I tell you this fool never read Quran in its totality and this old fart  is saying "Muslims have ‘right to kill millions of French people’"..

FOOL READ QURAN ...Bastradisation of faiths leads faith head products like these .. and the same problem with that Turkey.,  Imran dear PM Khan stay away from these guys.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Paris murder
     Reply #33 - October 30, 2020, 11:25 AM

well on that  news of Malaysia’s Mahathir....................."That Muslims have ‘right to kill millions of French people’ if eye-for-eye logic is applied..."..............

that 95 year old fool .....who was good man  to start with in politics  some 60 years ago....  says this to day..
    Mahathir says remarks on French attacks taken out of context

Mahathir, 95, sparked widespread outrage when he wrote on his blog on Thursday that Muslims have a right to be angry and kill millions of French people for the massacres of the past if "an eye for an eye" law is applied.

Twitter removed a tweet from Mahathir containing the remark, which it said glorified violence, and France's digital minister demanded the company also ban Mahathir from its platform.

"I am indeed disgusted with attempts to misrepresent and take out of context what I wrote on my blog,” Mahathir said in a statement.

He said critics failed to read his posting in full, especially the next sentence which read: "But by and large Muslims have not applied the eye for an eye law. Muslims don't. The French shouldn't. Instead the French should teach their people to respect other people's feelings.

that is it?? So   this 
    "But by and large Muslims have not applied the eye for an eye law. Muslims don't. The French shouldn't. Instead the French should teach their people to respect other people's feelings.
    *********************************************************************************
    is missing??

so what is his full statement??  well best is to go to his Twitter handle   let me read through it..

• Paris murder
     Reply #34 - October 30, 2020, 11:41 AM

The news on  that  France city Nice killing by Islamist says   Tunisian terrorist migrant grins after arriving in Italy WEEKS before ‘he was freed from detention to kill 3 in Nice with this picture

A security source told the Parisien newspaper that Aoussaoui had followed the "classic migratory route" to Europe from North Africa, and arrived on the Italian island of Lampedusa on a small boat on September 20.

"The young man was then suspected of having contracted Covid-19 and was placed in solitary confinement on a ship," said the source.

Aoussaoui disembarked on October 9 in the Italian port of Bari and having no papers and clearly suffering health problems should have been jailed before deportation.

Instead, the Tunisian authorities failed to confirm Aoussaoui’s identity, and he was let free.

He then made his way to Paris, and then to Nice, travelling by train in a manner that did not alert the authorities.

An official investigation is currently underway to "determine the causes of this dysfunction," the source reported.

well read more at the link

Brahim Aoussaoui, a 21-year-old Tunisian migrant who killed three church-goers, was pictured for the first time yesterday

THAT ROGUE WITH THAT 8th CENTURY ISLAMOFOSSILIZED BRAIN  KILLED THESE PEOPLE AT THE CHURCH

Simone Barreto Silva was murdered by this rogue.. and news says ., She is from Brazil .,  just before dying  she asked  asked officials to tell her kids ‘I love them’  and other web link says .
    ............... Simone Barreto Silva, born in Salvador, was 44, lived in France for 30 and left three children. She was one of the victims of the terrorist attack at the Notre-Dame Assumption basilica, which killed two other people..............

and other victim was  Vincent Loquès  that is shown below..

what do these ISALMIZED ROGUES GET BY KILLING INNOCENT FOLKS ON ROADS that are nothing to do with Islamophobia or whatever??

• Paris murder
     Reply #35 - October 30, 2020, 12:58 PM

FOOL READ QURAN ...Bastradisation of faiths leads faith head products like these ..

you sound like an apologist when you say that.

to imply they don't understand their religion is the standard reply of those who want to shutdown debate and continue the status quo.

https://www.causeur.fr/les-terroristes-veulent-nous-soumettre-186089
  • Paris murder
     Reply #36 - October 30, 2020, 08:22 PM

crumble quote me
    FOOL READ QURAN ...Bastradisation of faiths leads faith head products like these .. and the same problem with that Turkey.,  Imran dear PM Khan stay away from these guys.

and writes this

crumble you have a point there.,
    for some I sound like Juicy Jew
    and for some I sound like Hindu
    and for others I sound like Christian
    And for some I sound like mullah yeezevee
    and for you sometimes I sound like an apologist
    and crumble you got a point there

....to imply they don't understand their religion is the standard reply of those who want to shutdown debate and continue the status quo.

No..No.. noooo.. I want debates and more debates on this subject ., You are absolutely correct saying that.,  but that can not be... "they don't understand their religion is the standard reply of those who want to shutdown debate"..... off course there are some like that ., 

but one thing you must understand that BRAIN WASHED BRAINLESS MUSLIMS NEVER READ QURAN ..NEVER READ ORIGINS OF QURAN., they only hear from Mullahs, Imams, and Islamist politicians ..

that is a good one  and let me read more of   Aurelien Marq  .,    and I fully agree with him INDEED,  THERE IS LOT OF HYPOCRACY WITH IN MUSLIM FAMILIES and there is conflict with in many Muslim families and within many Muslim minds

but for now., Let me watch this., this discussion of Arif Aajakia & Sarah Khan Kalidasi is important for me w.r.t. Apostasy, Islam, Charlie Hebdo & beheadings 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIpQA8SWaD0

Again I am all for debates and discussions .. please watch that., she says something that is vey important ...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Paris murder
     Reply #37 - October 30, 2020, 09:00 PM

despite so-called islamophobia, western govts buy into the idea of good muslim vs bad muslims. same as pakistani mental disease of good taliban and bad taliban. whenever some atrocity happens, the usual suspects swing into action to push the peace-loving stereotype - even before the blood has dried on the pavement

it's bollocks though. a practising muslim is busy finding excuses for violence, complaining about their own victimisation and condemning the enemies of islam. telling them to read an incoherent quran isn't going to help. telling them to research fabricated muslim history is also pointless. engaging them on any religious basis is a non-starter. simply accept that these people are at odds with european principles (vague as they are) and implement policies on that basis.

no more daydreaming about smiling muslim unicorns who want peace, love and rainbows!
  • Paris murder
     Reply #38 - October 31, 2020, 04:51 PM

And the madness continues in France with reports of a priest in Lyon getting shot and the assailant fleeing...
  • Paris murder
     Reply #39 - October 31, 2020, 04:54 PM

I'm sure there will be much solidarity from ratbag Muslim organisations like 5 Pillars towards Christians without any equivocation towards their own supposed 'victim' status. Oh who am I kidding.

• Paris murder
     Reply #40 - October 31, 2020, 10:32 PM

Macron on the reaction from the Muslim world over his apparent support for the cartoons:
    “I understand the sentiments being expressed and I respect them. But you must understand my role right now, it’s to do two things: to promote calm and also to protect these rights,” Macron said.

“I will always defend in my country the freedom to speak, to write, to think, to draw,” he added.

Macron also hit out at what he described as “distortions” from political leaders, saying people were often led to believe that the caricatures were a creation of the French state.

“I think that the reactions came as a result of lies and distortions of my words because people understood that I supported these cartoons,” the president said in the interview.

“The caricatures are not a governmental project, but emerged from free and independent newspapers that are not affiliated with the government,” he added.

“Today in the world there are people who distort Islam and in the name of this religion that they claim to defend,  they kill, they slaughter … today there is violence practised by some extremist movements and individuals in the name of Islam,” Macron said.

“Of course this is a problem for Islam because Muslims are the first victims,” he added. “More than 80 percent of the victims of terrorism are Muslims, and this is a problem for all of us.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/31/frances-macron-cartoons-came-from-free-and-independent-news
  • Paris murder
     Reply #41 - November 01, 2020, 01:27 AM

muslims are not victims, mister macron. a label is not a victim, people are.

govt's first duty is to protect its citizens. do that first before considering rights and unrest.
  • Paris murder
     Reply #42 - November 01, 2020, 09:12 AM

muslims are not victims, mister macron. a label is not a victim, people are.

govt's first duty is to protect its citizens. do that first before considering rights and unrest.

They are victims when you consider the very long list of terror attacks within Muslim countries, almost always initiated by other Muslims. The Muslim on Muslim violence in Iraq alone was horrific. Macron is pointing out the misplaced sense of victimhood that loudmouth Muslims in the streets are showing. And do these people show the same vitriol towards China over what's happened in Xinjiang over the past 5 years or so with their Muslim minority or the Rohingya, driven out from Myanmar? Of course not. Their real concern is for 'Muslim lands' and defending the honour of their 7th century desert dwelling prophet they love more than their own parents, as they keep telling us.

The Muslim loudmouths didn't like the fact that Macron seemed to take ownership of the cartoons when he referred to them as 'our cartoons'. It was an overreach given that he had nothing to do with the cartoons and perhaps there may have been some miscommunication in the the heat of the moment when he could simply have just reiterated Charlie Hebdo's right to free speech. The bigger point is that retards in the Turkish government still didn't have good enough ground to encourage boycotts against France.
  • Paris murder
     Reply #43 - November 03, 2020, 01:50 PM

crumble said that to me and crumble says again this point and more  to me ..

point 1.)   despite so-called islamophobia, western govts buy into the idea of good muslim vs bad muslims. same as pakistani mental disease of good taliban and bad taliban. whenever some atrocity happens, the usual suspects swing into action to push the peace-loving stereotype - even before the blood has dried on the pavement it's bollocks though.

point 2,) a practising muslim is busy finding excuses for violence, complaining about their own victimisation and condemning the enemies of islam. telling them to read an incoherent quran isn't going to help.

point 3). telling them to research fabricated muslim history is also pointless. engaging them on any religious basis is a non-starter. simply accept that these people are at odds with european principles (vague as they are) and implement policies on that basis.

no more daydreaming about smiling muslim unicorns who want peace, love and rainbows!

crumble dear crumble
    I don't know how to answer you
    I don't know how to answer  all of your questions.,
    I don't know who is good Muslim
    and  I don't know who is bad Muslim
    I don't know who is practicing Muslim
    and  I don't know who is smiling Muslim unicorn
    But I will answer you
    the only thing I know is,  Pakistani government Official Mental disease   
    and and western government Official Mental disease
    and mental  disease of millions of Mosque going Muslims
    and mental disease of millions of  BRAIN WASHED BRAINLESS MUSLIMS
    that are in 20% or so in demography 

I will answer you because of  your point 2 and point 3 that are very important and also because i do not agree with every word what you  said there., so i will answer you ..meanwhile you and me read this

The Only Way Europe Can Defeat Violent Islamic Extremism

As the world watches Europe fall into another wave of violent Islamic extremism, it’s time for leaders not only in France, but across the West, to address the challenge of integration.

Muslims need to feel a part of society. Europe, and France in particular, have so far failed to win the hearts and minds of Muslims in their countries, with a huge number of home-grown terrorists emerging from its soil.  The West sees freedom of speech as sacred. For Muslims, respect for the Prophet is sacred, too. There needs to be dialogue, and action: Muslims need to integrate. Europe needs to respect Islam...

that and more is written by Dr. Ali Al Nuaimi., 
    Dr Ali Al Nuaimi is a member of the UAE Federal National Council for the emirate of Abu Dhabi, and chairman of the Council’s Defense, Interior and Foreign Affairs Committee. He was previously Chancellor of the United Arab Emirates University and is currently the first chairman of Hedayah, the center for countering violent extremism, based in Abu Dhabi

well let me visit his twitter https://twitter.com/Dralnoaimi and watch him  what he says in tubes

Dr. Ali Al Nuaimi. The United Arab Emirates efforts in the fight against extremism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--K1vAJfySA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVlqUJbWR4

the above tube is in Arabic....

• Paris murder
     Reply #44 - November 03, 2020, 02:27 PM

Some recommendations from the late Christopher Hitchens on dealing with the Islamist menace:

... 1. An end to one-way multiculturalism and to the cultural masochism that goes with it. The Koran does not mandate the wearing of veils or genital mutilation, and until recently only those who apostasized from Islam faced the threat of punishment by death. Now, though, all manner of antisocial practices find themselves validated in the name of religion, and mullahs have begun to issue threats even against non-Muslims for criticism of Islam. This creeping Islamism must cease at once, and those responsible must feel the full weight of the law. Meanwhile, we should insist on reciprocity at all times. We should not allow a single Saudi dollar to pay for propaganda within the U.S., for example, until Saudi Arabia also permits Jewish and Christian and secular practices. No Wahhabi-printed Korans anywhere in our prison system. No Salafist imams in our armed forces.

2. A strong, open alliance with India on all fronts, from the military to the political and economic, backed by an extensive cultural exchange program, to demonstrate solidarity with the other great multiethnic democracy under attack from Muslim fascism. A hugely enlarged quota for qualified Indian immigrants and a reduction in quotas from Pakistan and other nations where fundamentalism dominates.

3. A similarly forward approach to Nigeria, São Tomé and Príncipe, and the other countries of Western Africa that are under attack by jihadists and are also the location of vast potential oil reserves, whose proper development could help emancipate the local populations from poverty and ourselves from dependence on Middle Eastern oil.

4. A declaration at the UN of our solidarity with the right of the Kurdish people of Iraq and elsewhere to self-determination as well as a further declaration by Congress that in no circumstance will Muslim forces who have fought on our side, from the Kurds to the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan, find themselves friendless, unarmed, or abandoned. Partition in Iraq would be defeat under another name (and as with past partitions, would lead to yet further partitions and micro-wars over these very subdivisions). But if it has to come, we cannot even consider abandoning the one part of the country that did seize the opportunity of modernization, development, and democracy.

5. Energetic support for all the opposition forces in Iran and in the Iranian diaspora. A public offer from the United States, disseminated widely in the Persian language, of help for a reformed Iran on all matters, including peaceful nuclear energy, and of assistance in protecting Iran from the catastrophic earthquake that seismologists predict in its immediate future. Millions of lives might be lost in a few moments, and we would also have to worry about the fate of secret underground nuclear facilities. When a quake leveled the Iranian city of Bam three years ago, the performance of American rescue teams was so impressive that their popularity embarrassed the regime. Iran’s neighbors would need to pay attention, too: a crisis in Iran’s nuclear underground facilities—an Iranian Chernobyl—would not be an internal affair. These concerns might help shift the currently ossified terms of the argument and put us again on the side of an internal reform movement within Iran and its large and talented diaspora.

6. Unconditional solidarity, backed with force and the relevant UN resolutions, with an independent and multi-confessional Lebanon.

7. A commitment to buy Afghanistan’s opium crop and to keep the profits out of the hands of the warlords and Talibanists, until such time as the country’s agriculture— especially its once-famous vines—has been replanted and restored. We can use the product in the interim for the manufacture of much-needed analgesics for our own market and apply the profits to the reconstruction of Afghanistan.

8. We should, of course, be scrupulous on principle about stirring up interethnic tensions. But we should remind those states that are less scrupulous—Iran, Pakistan, and Syria swiftly come to mind—that we know that they, too, have restless minorities and that they should not make trouble in Afghanistan, Lebanon, or Iraq without bearing this in mind. Some years ago, the Pakistani government announced that it would break the international embargo on the unrecognized and illegal Turkish separatist state in Cyprus and would appoint an ambassador to it, out of “Islamic solidarity.” Cyprus is a small democracy with no armed forces to speak of, but its then–foreign minister told me the following story. He sought a meeting with the Pakistani authorities and told them privately that if they recognized the breakaway Turkish colony, his government would immediately supply funds and arms to one of the secessionist movements—such as the Baluchis—within Pakistan itself. Pakistan never appointed an ambassador to Turkish Cyprus.

The whole piece is worth a read: https://www.city-journal.org/html/facing-islamist-menace-12993.html
  • Paris murder
     Reply #45 - November 03, 2020, 04:52 PM

Some recommendations from the late Christopher Hitchens on dealing with the Islamist menace:

The whole piece is worth a read: https://www.city-journal.org/html/facing-islamist-menace-12993.html

indeed everything   Christopher Hitchens wrote is worth reading ., let me add that whole article in to the folder the forum has on his name.....

How can this ROGUE  WITH ISLAMIZED FOSSLIZED BRAIN KILL PEOPLE LIKE  SIMONE BARRETO SILVA? 

what did she or her kids or her mother do to him,  his groupy  Islamic thugs and his fucking Islam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9HI5YzvRw

...CLEARLY ROGUES LIKE THOSE HAVE THEIR OWN ISLAM...

• Paris murder
     Reply #46 - November 03, 2020, 04:53 PM

Unfolding France Islamic Terror event
    October 29, 2020  10:25 p.m.

France’s anti-terrorism prosecutor says the Nice attacker, who was born in 1999, was not on the radar of intelligence agencies as a potential threat.

Jean-Francois Ricard detailed the gruesome scene inside the church where a man and woman were killed by the attacker Thursday.
    The third victim, a 44-year-old woman who managed to flee, died at a nearby restaurant.  A 60-year-old woman whose body was found at the entry of the church, suffered “a very deep throat slitting, like a decapitation,” Ricard said. The 55-year-old man also died after deep cuts to his throat.

An investigation was opened for murder and attempted murder in connection with a terrorist enterprise, a common term for such crimes.

A Muslim holy book and two telephones were among the things found on the attacker. Also found was the knife used in the attack, with a 17-centimeter (6.7-inch) blade, Ricard said. A bag with the attacker’s personal affairs was found to contain another two unused knives.

And what leader of different countries say on these Islamic murders
    8:45 p.m. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu  has condemned the attack in Nice. In a tweet Thursday, Netanyahu said Israel “unites in shock and condemnation of the atrocious attack” at the Notre-Dame Basilica.

“All civilized peoples must stand in full solidarity with France against the scourge of terrorism,” he said. “There can be no justification or equivocation.”

8:05 p.m. Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif   has strongly condemned the deadly knife attack in southern France and called it a “terrorist attack.”  Javad Zarif said in a tweet Thursday: “We strongly condemn today’s terrorist attack in #Nice. This escalating vicious cycle -- hate speech, provocations & violence -- must be replaced by reason & sanity.”

Zarif also referred to French President Emanuel Macron’s staunch support of secular laws that protect caricatures depicting the Prophet Muhammad as an exercise in freedom of expression.

Zarif says: “We should recognize that radicalism only breeds more radicalism, and peace cannot be achieved with ugly provocations.”

7:50 p.m. Jordan’s Foreign Ministry has condemned the attack in southern France.

Ministry spokesman Ambassador Dhaifallah Ali al-Fayez on Thursday denounced the “terrorist crime.” He criticized all crimes that “aim to destabilize security and stability and are inconsistent with religious and humanitarian values ​​and principles.”

Al-Fayez expressed his sincere condolences and sympathy for the families of the victims.

___

7:40 p.m. All EU member states have expressed their solidarity with France following the knife attack that killed tree people in the southern city of Nice.

Leaders from the 27 countries gathered Thursday during a video conference focusing on COVID-19. In a joint statement, they condemned “in the strongest possible terms these attacks which represent attacks on our shared values.”

They added: “We call on Leaders around the world to work towards dialogue and understanding among communities and religions rather than division.”

___

7:20 p.m.  A man shot and killed by police in the French city of Avignon on Thursday claimed allegiance to an anti-immigrant group and had assaulted a merchant of North African descent, authorities said.

The incident came soon after a man shouting “God is great” in Arabic killed three people in a church in the southern city of Nice, prompting fears of copycat attacks.

The man in Avignon had a firearm, and was shot and killed by police after he refused to drop his weapon and a warning shot failed to stop him, according to a national police official.

The official said the man claimed to belong to extreme-right group Generation Identity and had assaulted a local merchant.

Avignon Prosecutor Philippe Guemas told broadcaster France Bleu that the assailant was a 33-year-old born in France “who had nothing to do with the Muslim religion” and appeared to be “psychologically unstable.”

___

5:55 p.m. U.S. President Donald Trump has taken to Twitter to express his support for France after a knife-wielding man killed three people in an attack at a church in the southern French city of Nice.

Trump tweeted: “Our hearts are with the people of France. America stands with our oldest Ally in this fight. These Radical Islamic terrorist attacks must stop immediately. No country, France or otherwise can long put up with it!”

___

5:20 p.m. Pakistan’s foreign minister has condemned the killing of three people in a knife attack inside a church in the southern France city of Nice.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi addressed reporters Thursday after leading a rally in Multan to celebrate the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad.

He said that Pakistan is “against any such incidents and we condemn violence wherever it happens.”

Qureshi congratulated about 1,000 rallygoers for peacefully expressing their love for the prophet.

Many attendees chanted slogans against France. Earlier Thursday, dozens of Pakistani students rallied in the capital, Islamabad, to denounce the French president’s support of secular laws that protect caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad as freedom of expression.

___

5:10 p.m. Twitter removed a tweet from former Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad for glorifying violence but France’s digital minister demanded the company also ban him from its platform.

Cedric O said he told the managing director of Twitter in France that Mahathir’s account “must be immediately suspended,” O tweeted on Thursday. “If not, @twitter would be an accomplice to a formal call for murder.”

Mahathir, 95 and a former Malaysian prime minister, appeared to say the deaths of French people would be justified, in the wake of attacks that French authorities attributed to Muslim extremists.

“Muslims have a right to be angry and to kill millions of people for the massacres of the past,” he said Thursday, in a series of tweets that began with his thoughts on the beheading of a middle school teacher who showed caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad for a class on free speech. Twitter at first put a label on the tweet saying it glorified violence but left it up because it “may be in the public’s interest.”

The tweet was later removed and replaced with a tag saying it broke the rules. The company said it took action for violating its policy on glorification of violence, which doesn’t allow threats against individuals or a group of people.

Mahathir was twice prime minister, and his second stint lasted from 2018 until he quit in February 2020. He has been viewed as an advocate of moderate Islamic views and a spokesman for the interests of developing countries. But at the same time, he pointedly criticized Western society and nations and their relationships to the Muslim world.

___

4:45 p.m. Somalia’s presidency says it “deeply regrets any violation against the faith and sanctity of the Muslim people, including insults to Prophet Mohammed under the pretext of freedom of speech,” but it does not mention Thursday’s attack at a church in France.

The Horn of Africa nation has seen protests this week after French President Emmanuel Macron defended laws that protect cartoons of the prophet as freedom of speech.

Somalia’s presidency warns that “any act that hurts the feelings of Muslims will serve the interests of extremist groups” and should be avoided at any cost. It urges world leaders to clearly differentiate between freedom of speech and violation of religious beliefs.

___

4:40 p.m. Nordic and Baltic leaders expressed dismay after the attack in the southern French city of Nice where three people were stabbed to death inside a church, with Denmark’s Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen saying she was “deeply saddened.”

“Denmark stands shoulder to shoulder with our French friends in this difficult time,” Frederiksen wrote on Twitter.

Her Norwegian counterpart, Erna Solberg, wrote that “we must protect human rights and not be threatened by terrorists.”

“We urge political and religious leaders in the Muslim world to distance themselves from extremism and protect freedom of expression,” Solberg said.

Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid said on Twitter that “acts of terror can never be justified.”

___

4:10 p.m. Russian President Vladimir Putin has extended his condolences to French President Emmanuel Macron and families of the victims of the attack in Nice. In a telegram quoted by the Kremlin, Putin called the attack “a cynical and a cruel crime inside a church” and said that “the notions of human morals are absolutely alien to terrorists.”

Also on Thursday, several dozen people gathered in front of the French embassy in Moscow, denouncing the publication of caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

Asked by reporters whether a newspaper like Charlie Hebdo could exist in Russia, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that it was impossible, pointing out that around 20 million Muslims live in Russia and the country has legislation that outlaws insulting religious beliefs. At the same time Peskov called the killings in Nice “an absolutely horrifying tragedy.”

___

3:55 p.m. French President Emmanuel Macron says he will more than double the number of soldiers deployed in the country to protect against attacks, sending 7,000 to guard schools and religious sites in particular after a man armed with a knife killed three people at a church in Nice.

Macron’s announcement to increase deployments from around 3,000 currently to 7,000 came hours after the attack in the Mediterranean city left two women and a man dead at the Notre Dame basilica. The killings put France on its highest level of alert and come at a time of extreme tension over the republication of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad by the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.

___

3:45 p.m. Cyprus President Nicos Anastasiades says he was “horrified and saddened” by the deadly knife attack in Nice. Addressing his French counterpart and the people of France, Anastasiades posted on his official Twitter account that Cypriots “share your pain and stand in solidarity with you.”

He said Cyprus stands “united against hatred and terrorism.” “Our hearts are with the victims and their loved ones,” Anastasiades said

___

2:55 p.m. Dozens of Pakistani students have rallied in the capital, Islamabad, to denounce the French president’s support of secular laws that protect caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad as freedom of expression.

The protesters on Thursday held banners and chanted slogans against President Emmanuel Macron, saying Muslims are ready to die to protect the honor of Islam’s prophet.

The rally came on the day an attacker armed with a knife killed three people inside a church in the French city of Nice.

Authorities deployed police to prevent demonstrators from marching toward the French Embassy and the protesters eventually dispersed peacefully.

___

2:45 p.m. Saudi Arabia, the scene of an attack on a guard at the French Consulate in Jiddah on Thursday, has condemned the knife attack at the Notre Dame Basilica in Nice that left three people dead. Its Foreign Affairs ministry tweeted that it condemned the attack and also offered condolences for victims of the attack.

___

2:40 p.m. Lebanese Prime Minister-designate Saad Hariri posted on Twitter “the strongest condemnation” of the attack in Notre Dame Church in Nice, calling it a heinous crime. “Terrorism has no religion, and all Muslims are called on to reject this criminal act that is not related to Islam or to the prophet of love,” he wrote.

2:35 p.m. The European Union’s top officials have strongly condemned the knife attack in Nice and expressed their support to France, a founding member of the 27-nation bloc.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, the head of the EU’s executive arm, said the whole of Europe stands behind France, “determined in the face of barbarism and fanaticism.”

EU Council president Charles Michel, who chairs the meetings of the EU’s 27 leaders, expressed his “solidarity with France and the French” in a message posted on Twitter.

“My thoughts are with the victims of the heinous attack on Nice and their loved ones. All of Europe is with you,” Michel wrote.

EU leaders were expected to meet later Thursday during a video conference. The Elysee press service said French President Emmanuel Macron was still planning to attend the meeting despite a planned trip to Nice in the afternoon.

___ 2:30 p.m. The energy-rich country of Qatar has offered its “strong condemnation and denunciation” of the attack in France.

The country’s Foreign Affairs Ministry said in a statement that it wanted to reiterate “Qatar’s firm position on rejecting violence and terrorism, regardless of the motives and reason.”

Many Muslims are marking Thursday as the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad.

A top Emirati diplomat, Anwar Gargash, has tweeted noting the Prophet’s birthday and saying that “we affirm that the speech of violence and extremism does not represent us.”

___

2:10 p.m. Turkey has condemned the attack in Notre Dame Basilica in Nice amid heightened diplomatic tensions between the two countries.

“We stand in solidarity with the people of France against terror and violence,” a Turkish foreign ministry statement said, while strongly condemning the attack.

Turkey’s presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin tweeted in Turkish and French, expressing his condolences. “We will fight all kinds of terror and extremism with determination and in solidarity,” he said.

Relations between Turkey and France have been tense in recent months over Syria, Libya and the Eastern Mediterranean. They hit a new low after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Saturday accused his French counterpart Emmanuel Macron of Islamophobia and questioned his mental health, prompting Paris to recall its ambassador to Turkey for consultations.

Erdogan’s criticism came after French President Emmanuel Macron’s firm stance against Islamism following the beheading of a teacher who showed caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad for a class lesson on free speech.

1:55 p.m. Danish Foreign Minister Jeppe Kofod has condemned the deadly attack at the Notre Dame Basilica in Nice and said on Twitter that “Denmark stands shoulder to shoulder with our French friends and allies.”

The Foreign Ministry quickly warned on Twitter that Danes in Nice should “avoid the area around the church” and follow local authorities’ news updates.

Across the Baltic Sea, Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linas Linkevicius wrote on Twitter in French that “terrorism will never win over European values and our unity.”

___

1:50 p.m. Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has expressed solidarity with France in a tweet sent in French and Dutch following the Nice church attack.

“For the second time in a short time, France is startled by a gruesome act of terrorism, this time in Nice. Our thoughts go out to the next of kin. And we say to the French people: you are not alone in the fight against extremism. The Netherlands is next to you,” Rutte tweeted.

___

1:47 p.m. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson says he is “appalled” by the “barbaric attack” at the Notre Dame Basilica in Nice.

“Our thoughts are with the victims and their families, and the U.K. stands steadfastly with France against terror and intolerance,” Johnson said in a tweet sent in both French and English.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the U.K. “stands with France today in sorrow, shock and solidarity.”

“Our thoughts are with the victims and their families and we offer every support to the French people in pursuing those responsible for this appalling attack,” he said in a statement.

1:45 p.m. Officials across the political spectrum in Germany have condemned the attack in the southern French city of Nice, with some calling for a solidarity rally outside the French embassy.

Chancellor Angela Merkel said she was “deeply shaken by the terrible murders in a church in Nice,” adding that her thoughts were with the relatives and those injured.

She added: “The French nation has Germany’s solidarity in these difficult hours.”

An attacker armed with a knife killed three people in the southern French coastal city Thursday.

German Justice Minister Christine Lambrecht said in a statement that she was “shocked at the news of another terrible crime in France” and expressed her sympathy to the victims.

She added that if the attack is confirmed to be an Islamist terror attack, then it would be “an attack on our way of life and our core values.”

Free Democratic Party lawmaker Konstantin Kuhle called for people to gather for a minute’s silence later Thursday to commemorate recent victims of attacks in Paris, Dresden and Nice.

• Paris murder
     Reply #47 - November 03, 2020, 06:24 PM

Dr. Ali Al Nuaimi. The United Arab Emirates efforts in the fight against extremism.

his repetitive article just says this over and over again:

Quote from:
    The West sees freedom of speech as sacred. For Muslims, respect for the Prophet is sacred, too. There needs to be dialogue, and action: Muslims need to integrate. Europe needs to respect Islam

[/quote]

Bollocks. Obey the law or fuck off.
  • Paris murder
     Reply #48 - November 04, 2020, 10:10 PM

too elaborate, nothing is sacred. french law is simply the law. respect is neither due to religion nor earned by their believers. there is no integration and dialogue with someone who is ready to stab you to death. or tacitly support someone else doing the same. no compromise. suppress, imprison and expel. do not yield until they submit collectively to non-violence.
  • Paris murder
     Reply #49 - November 05, 2020, 12:25 PM

too elaborate, nothing is sacred. french law is simply the law. respect is neither due to religion nor earned by their believers. there is no integration and dialogue with someone who is ready to stab you to death. or tacitly support someone else doing the same. no compromise. suppress, imprison and expel. do not yield until they submit collectively to non-violence.

that is what crumble says and the news says this France fighting Islamist extremism, not Islam: Macron
    French President Emmanuel Macron has said his country is fighting “Islamist separatism, never Islam”, responding to a Financial Times article
    that he claimed misquoted him and has since been removed from the newspaper's website. In a letter to the editor published on Wednesday, Macron said the British paper had accused him of “stigmatising French Muslims for electoral purposes and of fostering a climate of fear and suspicion towards them”.

“I will not allow anybody to claim that France, or its government, is fostering racism against Muslims,” he said.

An opinion article written by a Financial Times correspondent published on Tuesday alleged that Macron's condemnation of “Islamic separatism” risked fostering a “hostile environment” for French Muslims.

The article was later removed from the paper's website, replaced with a notice saying it had “contained factual errors”.

The French president sparked protests across the Muslim world after last month's murder of teacher Samuel Paty — who had shown his class a blasphemous sketch of of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) — by saying France would never renounce its laws permitting blasphemous caricatures. Islam forbids depictions of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Following the protests and boycotts of French goods across the world, Macron told the Al-Jazeera network over the weekend that he understood the caricatures could be shocking for some.

But recounting a wave of Islamist attacks in France since 2015, Macron warned in his letter this week that there were still “breeding grounds” for extremism in France.

“In certain districts and on the internet, groups linked to radical Islam are teaching hatred of the republic to our children, calling on them to disregard its laws,” he wrote.

“This is what France is fighting against... hatred and death that threaten its children – never against Islam. We oppose deception, fanaticism, violent extremism. Not a religion. “

all that is good .. I like that heading and I like everything except this..

An opinion article written by a Financial Times correspondent published on Tuesday alleged that Macron's condemnation of “Islamic separatism” risked fostering a “hostile environment” for French Muslims.

The article was later removed from the paper's website, replaced with a notice saying it had “contained factual errors”.

That I do not like it ., they should have not removed that article., they should have replace with another article detailing those factual errors..

• Paris murder
     Reply #50 - November 05, 2020, 02:09 PM

I've fixed it for him:

Quote from:
    “This is what France is fighting against... hatred and death that threaten its children - never against Islam. We oppose deception, fanaticism, violent extremism. Not a religion.

separatism is the same, whether you call it islamic or islamist. state hostility is necessary.
  • Paris murder
     Reply #51 - November 10, 2020, 09:05 AM

yasmin calls for secular european muslims to rise up. deafening silence is heard.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/macron-austria-viennna-terror-attack-muslim-secularism-747261
  • Paris murder
     Reply #52 - November 12, 2020, 02:29 PM

yasmin calls for secular european muslims to rise up. deafening silence is heard.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/macron-austria-viennna-terror-attack-muslim-secularism-747261

yes there is indeed deafening silence  from  secular European Muslims ., I am not sure these    secular European and non-  secular European Muslims understand Islam .,  In Fact I am not certain  wonderful lady like Yasmin Alibhai  understands Islam and Quran and its origins..
    She is a wonderful journalist  and great speaker 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P22LoctsDyA

but can she beat that FRENCH  woman you see above on debate either in writing or in public debate?? ..... I am not sure...

• Paris murder
     Reply #53 - November 12, 2020, 02:45 PM

Anyways crumble is hard on crumble and on others that do not QUESTION Islam.. Muslims as well as  non-Muslims.. well crumble must have freedom to say that.. but let me read Kunwar Khuldune Shahid on France and murders in the country in the name of fucking blasphemy against Islam/Prophet of Islam... THE UNKNOWN FIGURE... I WOULD NOT CONSIDER THE ISLMIZED FOSSLIZED STOREY OF MUHAMMAD( _PBUH_) .. the story   as real first preacher of Islam.... the monotheistic faith that comes out of earlier Abrahamic faith narrations ..

anyway let me read this   Samuel Paty and the world’s forgotten blasphemy laws  by Kunwar Khuldune Shahid

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Paris murder
     Reply #54 - November 15, 2020, 10:49 AM

eric is right, the direction of travel is not towards to some enlightened secular islam but backward to the straightjacket of textual legalism.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=COzHxodoIlU
  • Paris murder
     Reply #55 - November 15, 2020, 11:21 AM

the dialogue with these dregs of long-dead arab empires has to be on the basis of civil law and order. do not engage in faith-based discussion, snub religious interlocutors, treat everyone as duty-bearing citizens instead of dangerous mental patients.
  • Paris murder
     Reply #56 - November 16, 2020, 09:57 AM

macron complaining about american media anti-racism response to counter-terror.

Quote from:
    French President Emmanuel Macron says media coverage of France’s stance following attacks is ‘legitimising’ violence.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/16/macron-criticises-media-over-coverage-after-france-attacks

• Paris murder
     Reply #57 - November 16, 2020, 06:57 PM

an example of rationalising blasphemy murder.

Quote from:
    Here is how the Sorbonne Professor Pierre-Henri Tavoillot puts it: “what is at stake now is France’s laicite—the secularism that underlies its culture. If the nation compromises on laicite in this instance, this cultural principle may well unravel.” Refusal to consider a balanced way out of the situation paints the French into a corner while explicitly tying the culture to often semi-pornographic cartoons.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/11/16/insulting-islam-an-encore-for-charlie-hebdo/
  • Paris murder
     Reply #58 - November 20, 2020, 12:02 PM

France's Macron issues 'republican values' ultimatum to Muslim leaders says BBC news

French President Emmanuel Macron has asked Muslim leaders to accept a "charter of republican values" as part of a broad clampdown on radical Islam.

On Wednesday he gave the French Council of the Muslim Faith (CFCM) a 15-day ultimatum to accept the charter.

The CFCM has agreed to create a National Council of Imams, which will reportedly issue imams with official accreditation which could be withdrawn.

It follows three suspected Islamist attacks in little more than a month.

The charter will state that Islam is a religion and not a political movement, while also prohibiting "foreign interference" in Muslim groups.

Mr Macron has strongly defended French secularism in the wake of the attacks, which included the beheading of a teacher who showed cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad during a class discussion last month.

Late on Wednesday, the president and his interior minister, Gérald Darmanin, met eight CFCM leaders at the Élysée palace.

"Two principles will be inscribed in black and white [in the charter]: the rejection of political Islam and any foreign interference," one source told the Le Parisien newspaper after the meeting.

The formation of the National Council of Imams was also agreed upon.  President Macron has also announced new measures to tackle what he called "Islamist separatism" in France.

The measures include a wide-ranging bill that seeks to prevent radicalisation. It was unveiled on Wednesday, and includes measures such as:
    1). Restrictions on home-schooling and harsher punishments for those who intimidate public officials on religious grounds

2_. Giving children an identification number under the law that would be used to ensure they are attending school. Parents who break the law could face up to six months in jail as well as large fines

3).  A ban on sharing the personal information of a person in a way that allows them to be located by people who want to harm them

"We must save our children from the clutches of the Islamists," Mr Darmanin told the Le Figaro newspaper on Wednesday. The draft law will be discussed by the French cabinet on 9 December.
    Earlier this year, President Macron described Islam as a religion "in crisis" and defended the right of magazines to publish cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad. Such depictions are widely regarded as taboo in Islam and are considered highly offensive by many Muslims.

Following these comments, the French leader became a figure of hate in several Muslim-majority countries. Protesters have also called for a boycott of French products.

In France, state secularism (laïcité) is central to the country's national identity. Freedom of expression in schools and other public spaces is part of that, and curbing it to protect the feelings of a particular religion is seen as undermining national unity.

France has western Europe's largest Muslim population.

all that and more is at that BBC link and here is the tube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swn5Or_STqQ

• Paris murder
     Reply #59 - November 20, 2020, 05:39 PM

not good enough. accredited imams trained in doublespeak do not address the problem.

the republican values charter should be applied to those seeking asylum, citizenship, state benefits, jobs in local govt, charity status, etc.

the only problem is that they haven't spelled out what those values? a pledge for blasphemy, beer and boobs would be separate the wheat from the chaff.
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »